PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Museum

crewetollhibee
17-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Just started re-reading John Mackay's excellent 'Hibernian - The Easter Road Story' , and in his introduction he mentions the Hibs' Museum a couple of times. Forgive my ignorance, but does a museum exist (maybe in the South Stand) ? If so, is it worth a look ? Is it restricted visiting ? Thanks in advance. GGTTH.

Billy
17-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Just started re-reading John Mackay's excellent 'Hibernian - The Easter Road Story' , and in his introduction he mentions the Hibs' Museum a couple of times. Forgive my ignorance, but does a museum exist (maybe in the South Stand) ? If so, is it worth a look ? Is it restricted visiting ? Thanks in advance. GGTTH.

There is no museum but what you do have all around Easter Road is memoribilia put in place by The Hibernian Historical Trust and this is outstanding.

The memorabilia is changed at various periods and thus freshening thing's up. Over the years, the Gallery Restaurant has hosted exhibits such as, The Gordon Smith exhibits, Hibernian 50 years in Europe, Club shirts from the beginning to the present and more recently, Internationalists who have played for Hibernian.

Stadium tours when they are run give you a great insight into Easter Road, and lets you see all the memorabilia on show.

crewetollhibee
17-03-2010, 11:19 PM
There is no museum but what you do have all around Easter Road is memoribilia put in place by The Hibernian Historical Trust and this is outstanding.

The memorabilia is changed at various periods and thus freshening thing's up. Over the years, the Gallery Restaurant has hosted exhibits such as, The Gordon Smith exhibits, Hibernian 50 years in Europe, Club shirts from the beginning to the present and more recently, Internationalists who have played for Hibernian.

Stadium tours when they are run give you a great insight into Easter Road, and lets you see all the memorabilia on show.
Thanks for that Billy.

iwasthere1972
17-03-2010, 11:23 PM

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/HHT/welcome.html

RoslinInstHibby
18-03-2010, 08:57 AM
is there scope to make the new stand a museum inside???????

Peevemor
18-03-2010, 09:39 AM
is there scope to make the new stand a museum inside???????

Have, all of a sudden, you foreign become?

RoslinInstHibby
18-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Have, all of a sudden, you foreign become?
:greengrin that will teach me to type quickly as the boss is heading towards my desk......

seriously though, there is gonna be a lot of space in the new east stand, why not make it into a hibs museum....

crewetollhibee
18-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the replies peeps. The intro to the book indicated that the museum was a fait accompli (or whatever the French is for that !!). Will phone ER to check the tour situation.GGTTH.