PDA

View Full Version : Yams Annual AGM and Loss Announcement

Sergey
17-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Not posted anywhere else, but I understand that Friday 16th April is the provisional date for the announcement of their "improved figures."

This is when the deeds to the PBS are finally handed over to UBIG as part of their DfE thingybob as lieu of payment for the £17.6m that's long overdue. :thumbsup:

steakbake
17-03-2010, 08:51 PM
.... and this would mean?.... (sorry - pish at finance).

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 08:56 PM
.... and this would mean?.... (sorry - pish at finance).

it means hearts no longer own tynecastle and still have a massive amount of debt.

livingston hearts anyone :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2010, 08:57 PM
it means hearts no longer own tynecastle and still have a massive amount of debt.

Do they own it just now? Only in name I'd say.

It looks like as if they'll be saying they've reduced their debt by "paying off" that loan of £17.6m.

Gmack7
17-03-2010, 09:10 PM

i have always thought heart of west lothian had an air of inevitability about it

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Not posted anywhere else, but I understand that Friday 16th April is the provisional date for the announcement of their "improved figures."

This is when the deeds to the PBS are finally handed over to UBIG as part of their DfE thingybob as lieu of payment for the £17.6m that's long overdue. :thumbsup:

I'll take the day off just to celebrate this. Also might splash out on a nice bottle of wine and sit back and laugh at Le Shat and co's reaction:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Do they own it just now? Only in name I'd say.

It looks like as if they'll be saying they've reduced their debt by "paying off" that loan of £17.6m.

technically I believe it is owned by heart of midlothian FC, so if hearts where bought out the stadium stays with the club. Once this goes through they would have to buy it back seperately from buying the club. Also if hearts go bust, ukio can still sell the ground seperately as they own it and haven't went bust.

It won't wipe 17.6 million from there debt though as ubig can't afford to give ukio that much, I reckon closer to ten million, which will cover how much debt they have racked up in the twelve months so there debt will be roughly the same.

All IMHO ofcourse :devil:

Gatecrasher
17-03-2010, 10:35 PM
you can shove yer heart of west lothian pish where the sun dont shine! :grr::worried:

Kato
17-03-2010, 11:40 PM
i have always thought heart of west lothian had an air of inevitability about it

Not West enough for me. You'd still get "that smell" if the wind was wrong.

jakki
17-03-2010, 11:52 PM
you can shove yer heart of west lothian pish where the sun dont shine! :grr::worried:

Ditto :grr::grr:

Martin
18-03-2010, 06:50 AM

I'm sure they will use the money from the great champions league run they had - oh wait :greengrin

Mikey
18-03-2010, 06:55 AM
I'll take the day off just to celebrate this. Also might splash out on a nice bottle of wine and sit back and laugh at Le Shat and co's reaction :greengrin

They'll put a positive spin on it.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Taken from Kickback:

"This can only be good news from a Hearts point of view. Let's face it, UBIG already technically own Tynecastle anyway, and all this does is reduces Hearts debt through a further equity switch. It also means that as formal owners UBIG now have a vested interest in aggressively pursuing Vladimir Romanov's stadium development plans. Let our evergreen with envy Hobo friends say that they will, we should be out celebrating."

Actually I just made this up because I can't be bothered going over there, but the reaction will be something along these lines.

Steve20
18-03-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't see how this makes anything worse for them at all.

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2010, 07:18 AM
They'll put a positive spin on it.

That's what I love:greengrin

RIP
18-03-2010, 07:29 AM

:yawn:

Another entralling episode from the man at the hub of hot news on iamfasninatedbyeverythinghearts.net

down the slope
18-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Another entralling episode from the man at the hub of hot news on iamfasninatedbyeverythinghearts.net

Yawn yersel ! the man is just getting stuck in and winding up the yambolinos.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2010, 09:01 AM
and Dundee Utd and Dunfermline are still celebrating the fact that they both knocked back VR's advances 5 or 6 years ago......

Only HMFC were so desperate to take the bandit on board. BIG ERROR. Time will tell....:agree:

hibsbollah
18-03-2010, 09:03 AM

:faf:

banchoryhibs
18-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Taken from Kickback:

"This can only be good news from a Hearts point of view. Let's face it, UBIG already technically own Tynecastle anyway, and all this does is reduces Hearts debt through a further equity switch. It also means that as formal owners UBIG now have a vested interest in aggressively pursuing Vladimir Romanov's stadium development plans. Let our evergreen with envy Hobo friends say that they will, we should be out celebrating.".

At the risk of being accused of being a:jamboak: to be honest a DfE swap with the transferring of the ground deeds to Lithuania does not really make much of a difference at all. They are £££££M in debt with the bulk of this being secured against the stadium so it's true that technically UBIG (if indeed it is UBIG) have first shout on the stadium. Take the asset and a corresponding amount of debt off the balance sheet - no change - it's still a terrible mess.

Does this make them any less secure? Probably not as if Ripemoff was to sell the stadium he'd effectively be closing down the team - that would close down his "dripping roast" and stop a very good supply of hard cash flowing into his bank in Lithuania (or whatever other country he choses to send it!).

I'd say that this is a bit of a non story really.

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 09:47 AM
At the risk of being accused of being a:jamboak: to be honest a DfE swap with the transferring of the ground deeds to Lithuania does not really make much of a difference at all. They are £££££M in debt with the bulk of this being secured against the stadium so it's true that technically UBIG (if indeed it is UBIG) have first shout on the stadium. Take the asset and a corresponding amount of debt off the balance sheet - no change - it's still a terrible mess.

Does this make them any less secure? Probably not as if Ripemoff was to sell the stadium he'd effectively be closing down the team - that would close down his "dripping roast" and stop a very good supply of hard cash flowing into his bank in Lithuania (or whatever other country he choses to send it!).

I disagree, hearts currently have x amount of debt and a stadium they could sell.

Vlad transfers the stadium to ubig and in theory takes away some of here debt. However due to bad management (vlad siphoning cash) and interest payments there debt will likely stay around the same level, maybe a couple of million off to appease the hordes, but certainly nothing like the 20 million thye could have go for the land five years ago.. UBIG get the stadium for very cheap, I reckon 10 million.

Then when vlad decides to stop propiing up hearts they will be left with more debt than before vlad came along and no stadium.

There ****ed and they still don't accept it's happening.

cockneymike
18-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I disagree, hearts currently have x amount of debt and a stadium they could sell.

Vlad transfers the stadium to ubig and in theory takes away some of here debt. However due to bad management (vlad siphoning cash) and interest payments there debt will likely stay around the same level, maybe a couple of million off to appease the hordes, but certainly nothing like the 20 million thye could have go for the land five years ago.. UBIG get the stadium for very cheap, I reckon 10 million.

Then when vlad decides to stop propiing up hearts they will be left with more debt than before vlad came along and no stadium.

Totally agree - this is what gaydamak did with Portsmouth, and let's look at what's happening there.....

MB62
18-03-2010, 10:15 AM

I reckon the reality is somewhere in the middle of both these views.

It will only ever matter if/when Vlad decides he's had enough.
I can't see that happening in the near future either as Vlad is making a fortune from the Yams in interest payments, despite what they claim.

banchoryhibs
18-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Fair comment, it depends on the value placed on the stadium when the DfE swap takes place.

The ultimate outcome won't change - when Vlad leaves what's left behind will be a complete mess - no stadium, huge debt and a team in ruins. We live in hope.

Jack
18-03-2010, 10:20 AM
If/when Hearts loose their stadium to another part of the Mad Vlad empire it will mean just one thing. The Empire will then be able to drain even more money from the deluded jambos in the form of rent.

Interest + registration fees + rent = probably about £7-8m a year.

truehibernian
18-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Who cares :yawn: All I know is that it is still f***ing magic beating them, so let's hope Romanov hangs around for a wee while longer yet so we have some magic derby wins to celebrate. I couldn't give two hoots what that rotten little club do on or off the pitch. Can't really understand the fascination with seeing Hearts fall off the football map to be honest. Derby days are what makes football brilliant. They cling on the this 108 years nonsense whilst some on here cling to this "you're going into liquidation" thing. I know it's banter, but to those who want Hearts to go under.........think about not having those emotions come 12 on Saturday. Excitement, fear, banter, nerves, joy, pain, etc etc. Give me derby days any day of the week..........so hopefully Romanov stays around a bit longer so we can still celebrate pumpetty pumping them :agree: Starting this weekend with a Stokes hat-trick please :greengrin

jgl07
18-03-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't see how this makes anything worse for them at all.
They will be in a similar position to Hibs when the holding company owned the stadium rather than the football club.

This could have implications for turnover and catering revenue etc. It did for Hibs until the club had the stadium transferred back.

The debts will go down by some amount but there will be a ground rental to pay to UBIG. No-one knows how much the debt will be reduced by until the accounts are published (assuming they can get an auditor to sign them).

Cropley10
18-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Who cares :yawn: All I know is that it is still f***ing magic beating them, so let's hope Romanov hangs around for a wee while longer yet so we have some magic derby wins to celebrate. I couldn't give two hoots what that rotten little club do on or off the pitch. Can't really understand the fascination with seeing Hearts fall off the football map to be honest. Derby days are what makes football brilliant. They cling on the this 108 years nonsense whilst some on here cling to this "you're going into liquidation" thing. I know it's banter, but to those who want Hearts to go under.........think about not having those emotions come 12 on Saturday. Excitement, fear, banter, nerves, joy, pain, etc etc. Give me derby days any day of the week..........so hopefully Romanov stays around a bit longer so we can still celebrate pumpetty pumping them :agree: Starting this weekend with a Stokes hat-trick please :greengrin

Sorry but I would be very glad to never have another Derby. Our record of pumpetty pumping them is not that good is it?

I know they would reform, not disappear, and that they would end up back in the SPL. But I'd not shed a tear for them or for lack of Derbies... this may, or may not, have something to do with 22IAR and that Semi.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I heard that UBIG refused to take the title deeds due to the condition of the asbestos stand.

KerPlunk
18-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I heard that UBIG refused to take the title deeds due to the condition of the asbestos stand.

Did you make that up as well ? :greengrin

truehibernian
18-03-2010, 11:18 AM
But Cropley10.....there was always the 0-7 and the 6-2, the beating them on the way to our cup win, and so on. That and class, humility and just the feeling that it is great being a Hibs supporter as opposed to one of them :agree: I would rather they stay afloat so that I can enjoy that magic derby day feeling bud that's all.

the_ginger_hibee
18-03-2010, 11:23 AM

Can we have a count of the number of countdowns started by Segey which amount to sweet fa? :confused:

MB62
18-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Can we have a count of the number of countdowns started by Segey which amount to sweet fa? :confused:

On a totally different subject, what's the story about the message on your avatar?
A very strange one about a matress :confused:

the_ginger_hibee
18-03-2010, 11:49 AM
On a totally different subject, what's the story about the message on your avatar?
A very strange one about a matress :confused:

Play on words 'Nothing really matters'.

Hibs07p
18-03-2010, 11:49 AM
If/when Hearts loose their stadium to another part of the Mad Vlad empire it will mean just one thing. The Empire will then be able to drain even more money from the deluded jambos in the form of rent.

Interest + registration fees + rent = probably about £7-8m a year.

If it gets to that stage, Vlad will then be taking almost the 100% turnover, with next to nothing invested in the team by the way of wages or transfers. Happy days indeed. :thumbsup:

Jack
18-03-2010, 12:25 PM
If it gets to that stage, Vlad will then be taking almost the 100% turnover, with next to nothing invested in the team by the way of wages or transfers. Happy days indeed. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed ... just thought we might have to call them 'the rent boys' :greengrin

Vini1875
18-03-2010, 01:20 PM

Have to agree. I think vlad has the ideal solution in how to make money from a football club. All you need is a bank and a club in debt, take the debt onto your banks books and allow the club to keep going and paying interest.

I can't see why vlad would wrap up hearts they are pouring money into his bank for the foresseable future and there is always the possibilty that they will unearth some talent which can be also be paid to the bank.

The flip side is that if they get out of debt and become a healthy going concern he'll be a hero with a valuable asset. He can invest millions in them and get the debt cycle going again, paying interest to his bank.

He simply cannot lose. His worst case scenerio is if the revenue falls to such extend that hearts can't repay the interest on the debt, in which case he sells the assets (land) and still ends up making money.

Kato
18-03-2010, 01:25 PM
His worst case scenerio is if the revenue falls to such extend that hearts can't repay the interest on the debt,....

Or the wages, or the Tax Bills, or the services bills.

I agree he's making money but he's also running close to the edge at times.

greenlex
18-03-2010, 01:36 PM
It would mean the only real asset they have would be gone.

Jack
18-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Or the wages, or the Tax Bills, or the services bills.

I agree he's making money but he's also running close to the edge at times.

Does running so close to the edge not invariably mean running up more debt and therefore more interest payments? :confused:

Mikey
18-03-2010, 02:48 PM
It would mean the only real asset they have would be gone.

Nah. They'd still have the Spanish waiter.

Gerard
18-03-2010, 02:54 PM
As we have been told there are at least 400,000 Hearts fans and if they all are able to give 100 pounds then the debt will be paid in full and there will still be surplus funds to spend on Hearts:thumbsup::devil:
We are only Hobos, whop sell pegs, take drugs and are a menace to society:devil: or so the 400,000 would tell us......:devil:
I like the idea of having a club that has little debt, owns its own stadium and training centre and is building a new stand and has a stable future.
If only we could have 400,000 fans:devil:
G