PDA

View Full Version : NHC Stevie Gerrard

AugustaHibs
17-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Biggest Cheat and hypocrite.

YouTube - Steven Gerrard elbows Michael Brown Liverpool vs Portsmouth 15.03.10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxmyp-FRxeg)

Quite Disgusting the way he talks about everyone else.

Oscar Lomax
17-03-2010, 06:35 PM
One of the most over-rated, prima donna's ever to grace the English game. He would not have got anywhere near the great team of the 70's/80's..... He got away with his actions in Southport, you would think he would have settled down and behaved himself...
A first class bell ender.

Westie1875
17-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Biggest Cheat and hypocrite.

YouTube - Steven Gerrard elbows Michael Brown Liverpool vs Portsmouth 15.03.10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxmyp-FRxeg)

Quite Disgusting the way he talks about everyone else.

Did I hear right that the English FA are not even going to look at this incident because the ref thinks he dealt with the situation during the game? Never even booked him :bitchy:

Assuming the above is correct, I take it one can assume that its now ok for players in the PL to elbow others in the back of the head as it is not a bookable/red card offence? :rolleyes: :crazy:

Allant1981
17-03-2010, 06:40 PM
think the guy is a bellend but if you watch it the guy brown comes over and tries to block him with his arms also raised, if i was gerrard i would prob have done the same

Hibs Class
17-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Not quite as subtle / sneaky as Boyd's on Zemmamma, but equally deserving of a red card

Holmesdale Hibs
17-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I quite like Stevie G and don't think he's a prima dona or over-rated. Not sure the elbow was that bad either. It looked to me like he was raising his arm to defend himself and beat his opponent and not to injure him. The thing I don't like about him is that he has dives.

Have a look at YouTube - Steven Gerrard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FusoDJKnaA)

Didn't see the great 70s/80s team but there's not many better midfielders in the premiership at the moment.

Nameless
17-03-2010, 07:54 PM
He is a vile thug who gets away with pretty much everything, because he is a prem footballer and Liverpool captain. Take the dirty tactics and diving out of his game, and he is a below average midfielder.

Granton Stanton
17-03-2010, 07:56 PM
He would have got in the 70's/80's team sno bother at all. These teams had the likes of Jimmy Case, Sammy Lee & John Wark as long term first choices - no contest for me, SG is a cracking player.

As regards the elbow, not the worst I've ever seen (not saying it.s clever either btw) but one, main, defence would be it was Michael Brown. Now theres a bellend.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2010, 08:24 PM
It's impossible to compare players from the 80's to today, for a start not one of the team from the 80's would be able to play the game at todays pace.As for Stevie G get a grip you all know he's far better than some of you care to admit.

whereswallace?
17-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Did I hear right that the English FA are not even going to look at this incident because the ref thinks he dealt with the situation during the game? Never even booked him :bitchy:

Assuming the above is correct, I take it one can assume that its now ok for players in the PL to elbow others in the back of the head as it is not a bookable/red card offence? :rolleyes: :crazy:

If thats correct then its an absolute disgrace.If that was anyone other than an Englad player they would be hammered for that.Robert Huth,a German, was earlier in the season for something very similar.

Capt Mainwaring
17-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Cracking player - best midfielder in the Premiership by a mile.

Thought the incident looked like he was looking to counter Brown whom was blocking his run. We can only dream of midfielders with such desire and appetite to drive forward and knock players out of the way to get into scoring positions.

Prima dona my arse!

woody47
17-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Used to like Gerard until the business in the night club. Now he is just a jumped up, over paid thug who thinks he is above the law. My opinion obviously:wink:

H18sry
17-03-2010, 08:47 PM
One of the most over-rated, prima donna's ever to grace the English game. He would not have got anywhere near the great team of the 70's/80's..... He got away with his actions in Southport, you would think he would have settled down and behaved himself...
A first class bell ender.

I think you will find he was found not guilty in a court of law, and not as you put it got away with it :bye:

bobbyhibs1983
17-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I think it was an accident on gerrads part imo.i meant you see the pompys player changing his direction to get into gerrads way, why do that> I hate players who blocks players when they knwo and everyone else knows they will beat you,

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Thought the incident looked like he was looking to counter Brown whom was blocking his run. We can only dream of midfielders with such desire and appetite to drive forward and knock players out of the way to get into scoring positions.

Prima dona my arse!I agree he is a class player but do you realy think he is miles better than the other great cms in the prem like lampard fabregas and essien.

Winston Ingram
17-03-2010, 09:49 PM

I think it's astonishing that he has got away with this. If it was the other way round Brown would have been banned without doubt:agree:

Winston Ingram
17-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I agree he is a class player but do you realy think he is miles better than the other great cms in the prem like lampard fabregas and essien.

Yep:agree:

Edinburgh Green
17-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I think you will find he was found not guilty in a court of law, and not as you put it got away with it :bye:

I've seen the video, he got away with it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-03-2010, 10:08 PM
The minglish FA simply don't want anymore bad press on any of it's players before the WC but nothing can detract from the fact that SG hasn't kicked a ball all season and apart from that he's a big headed bassa as well

Pete
17-03-2010, 10:09 PM
It's impossible to compare players from the 80's to today, for a start not one of the team from the 80's would be able to play the game at todays pace.As for Stevie G get a grip you all know he's far better than some of you care to admit.

To compare players from different eras you can only look at certain attributes of the older players such as finishing ability and natural skill.

When people say a certain player would never cut it in todays league you have to try and imagine how, for example, the Liverpool or Everton players of the eighties would have been if they followed the same fitness regimes of todays players.

Even allowing for the globalistion of the modern game I bet the majority of yesterdays players would still be held in the highest regard if they were born in the eighties or nineties and playing today.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Yep:agree::faf:You make me lol.

Woody1985
17-03-2010, 10:39 PM

:agree:

Just because some people aren't prosecuted in court doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

broonie27
17-03-2010, 11:15 PM

Prima dona my arse!

Totally agree. Brown is one of the dirtiest players going and Gerrard knows it. Brown actually lifts his arm first and Gerrard was just trying to match Brown like for like, nothing too wrong in that normally but Gerrard maybe caught him a bit too hard this time.

Storm in a teacup though.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2010, 11:40 PM
YouTube - Steven Gerrard - Diving hypocrite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GKXAKQY-0Y)

What a tosser.

YouTube - Steven Gerrard, the hypocrite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I)

lugz
18-03-2010, 12:00 AM
YouTube - Steven Gerrard - Diving hypocrite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GKXAKQY-0Y)

What a tosser.

YouTube - Steven Gerrard, the hypocrite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Si_17
18-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Poor man's Frank Lampard.:wink:

CB_NO3
18-03-2010, 01:34 AM

Prima dona my arse!
He has been poor this season by his standards. Could not lace Fabregas boots this season.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2010, 06:49 AM
He has been poor this season by his standards. Could not lace Fabregas boots this season.

A fabulous player in his day, who I think, probably made the mistake of staying too long at a declining club. Seen in purely footballing terms, the time to get out of dodge would have been after that dramatic and bizarre footballing aberration that was the CL win over Milan.

You sense that he's definitely over the hill this season, and I get the impression Gerrard knows this himself and is saving himself for a big World Cup swansong. Interesting gamble, because if he pulls a big world cup performance out of the fire, although it would be an undoubted blip, he might convince some club to give him a long contract and his cash-strapped club a big fee. It would be a terrible piece of business for them though.

Has all the personal attributes to be an absolute disaster as a manager.

The_Todd
18-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Thug. He also got away with blatantly giving a referee the old two fingered salute against Wigan the previous week.

Respected captain? My erse.

Captain Trips
18-03-2010, 07:08 AM
IMO he is a great player and one of the best in world, however there have been dives, 2 footed lunges and this Brown incident.

As good as he is this clouds him.

Judas Iscariot
18-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Poor man's Frank Lampard.:wink:

And he's the poor mans Frank Spencer..

Abysmal against Inter, another extremely overrated English midfielder..

matty_f
18-03-2010, 07:35 AM
IMO he is a great player and one of the best in world, however there have been dives, 2 footed lunges and this Brown incident.

As good as he is this clouds him.

It's a fair point, but when folk look back at his career they'll more than likely remember him for the good things that he does on the football field, rather than the unsavoury ones.

Look at Maradona - lauded as the greatest player ever by a lot of people, totally disregarding the fact that he was a drugs cheat.:agree:

StevieC
18-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm no lover of Liverpool (or Gerrard) but IMO it is Brown that instigates this and is the one that tries to elbow Gerrard.

If you watch the video clip closely you will see that Brown takes his eye of the ball, focuses on Gerrard and tries to block him with an elbow. Gerrard tries to counter it, as you would IMO, and catches Brown. If Brown hadn't tried to take Gerrard out we wouldn't be discussing this .. he got what he deserved.

WarringtonHibee
18-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Brown was also nice enough to rugby tackle Gerrard earlier in the match too...

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2010, 09:54 AM
the guy is nothing but a Scouse ned. Those slanty, shifty eyes tell it all....

thug.

Aldo
18-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Read somewhere the Gerrard stated they just collided and Brown made a meal of it?????????????

Ran up behind the guy, forearm smash him, get substituted straight away and no comeback from the REF.

If that had been the other way round then Brown would of been off and looking at a 3 match ban.

JimBHibees
18-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm no lover of Liverpool (or Gerrard) but IMO it is Brown that instigates this and is the one that tries to elbow Gerrard.

If you watch the video clip closely you will see that Brown takes his eye of the ball, focuses on Gerrard and tries to block him with an elbow. Gerrard tries to counter it, as you would IMO, and catches Brown. If Brown hadn't tried to take Gerrard out we wouldn't be discussing this .. he got what he deserved.

Tend to agree wasnt much in it and most players would have done the same. Not a great lover of Gerrard as think he is overrated and has got away with a few shocking tackles in his time however nothing in this incident IMO.

H18sry
18-03-2010, 10:58 AM

:agree:

Just because some people aren't prosecuted in court doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

The whole video was produced in court not just the clips that people who are against Gerrard wanted you to see.

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2010, 11:24 AM
He would have got in the 70's/80's team sno bother at all. These teams had the likes of Jimmy Case, Sammy Lee & John Wark as long term first choices - no contest for me, SG is a cracking player.

As regards the elbow, not the worst I've ever seen (not saying it.s clever either btw) but one, main, defence would be it was Michael Brown. Now theres a bellend.

John Wark wasn't exactly a long term first choice although weighed in with plenty of goals. McMahon,Whelan,Souness,Molby,Barnes,gave me some of my best memories

20LEgend
18-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Michael Brown - YouTube - Brown tackle on Giggs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNugWnNjwwg)

How this was only a yellow and how the diver Gerrard got away with it is beyond me.

steviecarnie
18-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I've been having a long running argument with my mates about gerrard, for some absolutely ridiculous reason, they all reckon he is better than the legend that is Paul Scholes.

As for the elbow, Micheal Brown deserve everything he gets, probably the dirtiest player ever to play in the premiership. find it strange tho that the FA can throw a 3match ban at Ferdinand for a clear elbow and then a few months later do nothing about another. Consistency is all the fans/teams want.

Leith Green
18-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I've been having a long running argument with my mates about gerrard, for some absolutely ridiculous reason, they all reckon he is better than the legend that is Paul Scholes.

As for the elbow, Micheal Brown deserve everything he gets, probably the dirtiest player ever to play in the premiership. find it strange tho that the FA can throw a 3match ban at Ferdinand for a clear elbow and then a few months later do nothing about another. Consistency is all the fans/teams want.

Scholes has won more honours and achieved more in the game..

However Gerrard is the more complete footballer, Scholes is the complete attacking midfielder, has excellent attacking attributes, I reckon you could play Gerrard any position and he'd be really good as he has the defensive and attacking attributes required, don't think the same could be said of Scholes..

Both amazing players though but Gerrard is the better footballer for me, whereas Scholes is the better attacking midfielder ..

H18sry
18-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Ferdinand's was not spotted by the match officials, therefore retrospective action can be issued, where as Gerrard's was dealt with at the time of the incident.

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Ferdinand's was not spotted by the match officials, therefore retrospective action can be issued, where as Gerrard's was dealt with at the time of the incident.

:agree:Can't understand what all the excitment is about "he's getting away with it when others don't" :blah::blah::blah:
The rules are clear!