PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack (fined and banned from driving)

Golden Bear
17-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I hope Darren starts screwing the head soon otherwise his career could be hitting the buffers.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/164186-ban-for-drink-driving-hibs-star/

mglancy23
17-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Mr More told Sheriff Margaret Scott: "He sometimes plays for the first team and his take-home pay is £570 per week."

Sheriff Scott banned him from driving, and thus sitting his test, for 12 months and fined him £500. He will be allowed to pay the fine at a rate of £10 per week.

think he was unhappy about the fine? paying it up over 50 weeks :greengrin

Rattler
17-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Don't like to say "I told you so" but.................

The thread that I started some weeks ago about the same incident was quickly criticised and downgraded to a mere driving offence?!

Don't think so!!!!

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Don't like to say "I told you so" but.................

The thread that I started some weeks ago about the same incident was quickly criticised and downgraded to a mere driving offence?!

Don't think so!!!!

well you must be mighty smug this afternoon

:applause::applause:

Rattler
17-03-2010, 02:19 PM
well you must be mighty smug this afternoon

:applause::applause:

Suppose I am!

My gripe being that the thread was deleted as it had no substance was was an unsubstantiated rumour:bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Suppose I am!

My gripe being that the thread was deleted as it had no substance was was an unsubstantiated rumour:bitchy:

Spit it out man :greengrin

Sorry just in a piss take mood today:wink:

PC Stamp
17-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Suppose I am!

Which it was at that stage .... until such times as he was proven guilty.

GlesgaeHibby
17-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Suppose I am!

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

marinello59
17-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Suppose I am!

At that point it was an unsubstantiated rumour though. We have be careful here from a legal standpoint, sorry, that's just the way it is.

Perspective
17-03-2010, 04:00 PM
At that point it was an unsubstantiated rumour though. We have be careful here from a legal standpoint, sorry, that's just the way it is.

What about the inferences to Garry O'Connor's alleged antics in the thread about him possibly re-signing?

Surely those comments are similarly dangerous and unfair on the individual.

And the OP has a point. Not that it really matters though, but there were those blindly defending McCormack and stating as a matter of fact that there was no 'drink drive' aspect to the story.

marinello59
17-03-2010, 04:13 PM
What about the inferences to Garry O'Connor's alleged antics in the thread about him possibly re-signing?
Surely those comments are similarly dangerous and unfair on the individual.

And the OP has a point. Not that it really matters though, but there were those blindly defending McCormack and stating as a matter of fact that there was no 'drink drive' aspect to the story.

Weren't they deleted?:confused: (EDIT Unsubtantiated allegation WAS swiftly removed, please report any other posts you find that fall in to that category.)

I make no comment about the defense of McCormack. We merely try to make sure we don't leave ourselves open to legal action. Fair, no?

Perspective
17-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Weren't they deleted?:confused: (EDIT Unsubtantiated allegation WAS swiftly removed, please report any other posts you find that fall in to that category.)

I make no comment about the defense of McCormack. We merely try to make sure we don't leave ourselves open to legal action. Fair, no?

Absolutely, just wondered why the O'Connor stuff was left on for so long. It's been posted in the past without being removed and just wondered why.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2010, 04:28 PM
The bigger problem with the first thread re McCormack a month ago was that it was alleged that a Hibs player had died that night (which was a load of rubbish). Most of the thread was about that post so there was no alternative but to delete it. When it was confirmed the next day that he was charged there was a new thread started.

RIP
17-03-2010, 04:42 PM
So much for his time spent at the Sporting Chance clinic

Bevvy, bevvy, bevvy - Scotland's ruin!

Toaods
17-03-2010, 04:57 PM
...and I suppose all the hoo-haa about not being insured, etc must have been a load of guff ...:cool2:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
17-03-2010, 04:59 PM
£570 a week? Wullie McKay come on down. :greengrin

WindyMiller
17-03-2010, 05:02 PM
...and I suppose all the hoo-haa about not being insured, etc must have been a load of guff ...:cool2:

Maybe I'm missing you point but the lad obviuosly wasn't insured.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2010, 05:28 PM
£570 a week? Wullie McKay come on down. :greengrin

Mr More told Sheriff Margaret Scott: "He sometimes plays for the first team and his take-home pay is £570 per week."

£570 take home, ie net of income tax and employee's national insurance. His gross wage must be more like £750 - £800 pw.

Jim44
17-03-2010, 05:39 PM
£570 take home, ie net of income tax and employee's national insurance. His gross wage must be more like £750 - £800 pw.

Not a bad wage by any standards and hardly an imposition to pay it at £10 a week.

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Not a bad wage by any standards and hardly an imposition to pay it at £10 a week.

:agree:

It's more than your typical first team (ie regular) player at more than a few SPL clubs would get.

Methinks Hibs overpaid him a bit to stop him signing for Celtc yon time. Collins moaned that all the young players then were underpaid.

noseyhibby
17-03-2010, 06:19 PM

£10 per week????? This will cause him no end of hardship:confused:

GloryGlory
17-03-2010, 06:20 PM
He must be on a final warning from Hibs, given his previous. Hopefully, he screws the nut (as opposed to butting anyone, of course) but I suspect the clock's ticking for Darren and Hibs may cut their losses....

Please prove me wrong, Darren!

GloryGlory
17-03-2010, 06:24 PM

:agree: That equates to almost £2,500 per month NET. I wish, wish, wish wish my monthly pay gave me £2,500. That's not too bad - and TBH what has DC done in football, really?

NOLA
17-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope Darren starts screwing the head soon otherwise his career could be hitting the buffers.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/164186-ban-for-drink-driving-hibs-star/ (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/164186-ban-for-drink-driving-hibs-star/)

So did darren ever find his burd?

Toaods
17-03-2010, 07:33 PM

I would think that would be after pension deduction too, as football players have a very generous pension system due to the 'evr churned out line of it being a 'short career'.