PDA

View Full Version : Urgent 'Fishul Dashing Bob Sartorial Elegance Thread

hibbie02
17-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Come on the Bob what are you featuring for the Derby? Nae teasing us and delaying till the last minute, we need to know.

Are you partaking of the Gorgie Hostipulity Suite this time or mixing with the proles? :greengrin

Sudds_1
17-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll be mixing it up in my usual derby away day seat in the Nam....a proud Hibby among a sea of Yams. :thumbsup:

(missionary work optional........ :wink:)

dangermouse
17-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I'll be mixing it up in my usual derby away day seat in the Nam....a proud Hibby among a sea of Yams. :thumbsup:

(missionary work optional........ :wink:)

Does it really still get called that? Been in a few times years ago before it changed it's name and tried to compete with the new place over the road which is now a soft play area.

Sudds_1
17-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Does it really still get called that? Been in a few times years ago before it changed it's name and tried to compete with the new place over the road which is now a soft play area.

well.........we still call it that! Old habits etc etc...

...Offishul name is the Fountain Arms. :wink::greengrin

dangermouse
17-03-2010, 02:20 PM
well.........we still call it that! Old habits etc etc...

...Offishul name is the Fountain Arms. :wink::greengrin

My ex mother-in-law used to stay right above it. Was only ever in when "accompanied" by one of the regular clientèle. It still had Dundee in the name back then.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Mulling over a few ideas, but must confess that I haven't studied the weather forecast. Shall get round to that tonight and make preliminary decision tomorrow. Forsaking the Tynecastle hospitality this time round - I find the assembled company exceedingly drab.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Please note that the following assumes a reasonably warm, spring lunchtime.

I’m normally not a fan of Marc by Marc Jacobs clothing lines. They nod too much towards other labels, particularly the shirts, thus lacking the innovative (not to be confused with flamboyant) style I generally prefer. However, I do have a light grey stripe cotton cropped fitted blazer, (more Wimbledon that PBS, I fear!) in my wardrobe, and weather permiting, might be inclined to gamble on it, particularly in light of a lunchtime kick-off. It can take a splash of colour underneath it, and one may just incline towards the daring with a deep purple slim fit mesh shirt by Polo Ralph Lauren, showcasing an old Hibernian change colour.

One has to be very, very careful with ‘jeans’ (god, how I hate that word), but a Dark Texas pair of Hugo Boss Bootcut demins will look casually stylish and hopefully not show up any of the dirt that’s bound to be lurking on those dreadful maroon seats.

‘Compromise on the trews, but never on the shoes’ is my motto, and I just adore my handmade Italian collection, as fresh as a breath of spring air. One can never go wrong with Bontoni, and an Amacord, the classic shoe from the era of Frederico Fellini and La Dolce Vita, should do the trick at the PBS. Unfussy, four eyelet derby’s with strong toecaps, they convey the sense of discipline, power, organisation and sheer style that our men on the park would do well to try and replicate. A winner’s shoe, in every sense. I’ll take along a charcoal grey cashmere scarf in case the weather chills.

Ritual: a hearty bloody mary breakfast with two chums at my place in Merchiston, a few fortifying glasses of chilled Peroni, with a healthy snifter of Highland Park malt for the road, then a brisk stroll towards the rather tawdry district of Gorgie, home to plucky wee Hearts, Edinburgh’s less fashionable outfit.

Dress well, with a swagger in your step and a song in your heart, and never let the colours down. Hibernian, Hibernian, ra ra ra!

Hibby D
17-03-2010, 03:23 PM

I’m normally not a fan of Marc by Marc Jacobs clothing lines. They nod too much towards other labels, particularly the shirts, thus lacking the innovative (not to be confused with flamboyant) style I generally prefer. However, I do have a light grey stripe cotton cropped fitted blazer, (more Wimbledon that PBS, I fear!) in my wardrobe, and weather permiting, might be inclined to gamble on it, particularly in light of a lunchtime kick-off. It can take a splash of colour underneath it, and one may just incline towards the daring with a deep purple slim fit mesh shirt by Polo Ralph Lauren, showcasing an old Hibernian change colour.

One has to be very, very careful with ‘jeans’ (god, how I hate that word), but a Dark Texas pair of Hugo Boss Bootcut demins will look casually stylish and hopefully not show up any of the dirt that’s bound to be lurking on those dreadful maroon seats.

‘Compromise on the trews, but never on the shoes’ is my motto, and I just adore my handmade Italian collection, as fresh as a breath of spring air. One can never go wrong with Bontoni, and an Amacord, the classic shoe from the era of Frederico Fellini and La Dolce Vita, should do the trick at the PBS. Unfussy, four eyelet derby’s with strong toecaps, they convey the sense of discipline, power, organisation and sheer style that our men on the park would do well to try and replicate. A winner’s shoe, in every sense. I’ll take along a charcoal grey cashmere scarf in case the weather chills.

Ritual: a hearty bloody mary breakfast with two chums at my place in Merchiston, a few fortifying glasses of chilled Peroni, with a healthy snifter of Highland Park malt for the road, then a brisk stroll towards the rather tawdry district of Gorgie, home to plucky wee Hearts, Edinburgh’s less fashionable outfit.

Dress well, with a swagger in your step and a song in your heart, and never let the colours down. Hibernian, Hibernian, ra ra ra!

:top marks:greengrin

Peevemor
17-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Top notch.

7Hero
17-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Bob as always an excellent post can,t help but think the day I eventually meet you will be a dissapointment

Betty Boop
17-03-2010, 05:35 PM

:greengrin

hibbie02
17-03-2010, 05:51 PM

May I say that is an inspired choice and will show the Maroon Mongs the meaning of style. At least these days it is possible to wear stout and stylish footwear in that stadium, not like days gone by when you were wading through pish. Now the pish is restricted to on the pitch and the Merde in the other three stands............ :cool2:

Mixu62
17-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Derby's for the derby....I like it.

Carheenlea
17-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I was checking back some of my Hibs photos from earlier in the season, and I THINK I may have inadvertently captured our Dashing Bob S sitting in the posh seats at the St Mirren game early season...

Have a look just over halfway up, sitting right in front of the press area

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/Folder1#5370530798564035602

Is this our man....? :greengrin :coolhib:

Hibbyradge
17-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm sitting in a pub in Nottingham, surrounded by pseudo Irish folk celebrating St Patrick's day (Why?) laughing my socks off. Brill Bob!

(((Fergus)))
17-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Bob as always an excellent post can,t help but think the day I eventually meet you will be a dissapointment

Stood behind a gentleman in the queue at East End Park for the pre-season friendly wearing a very similar outfit to that announced by DBS a day or two previously on here.

Close cropped greying hair and carrying a copy of the Guardian/Independent?

If so, have to say I was slightly disappointed. :offski:

Jacket hung lack a sack of potatoes and cords best suited for digging them.:wink:

Then again, compared to the scruffy ******* behind, he was the epitome of sartorial elegance.

Toaods
17-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Classic post DBS - perhaps the term Hobo is closer to home than I realised. jeans, new £12 .99 baffs from the centre aisle markdown rack at JJD Sports outlet factory, fake Hibs top with some light splashes of Murrayfield Hotel lager topped with projectile early stage vomit (not mine). Dont have a coat but ie it's a tad chilly + damp I may throw Friday nights Tshirt back on.

Iain G
17-03-2010, 11:47 PM
For me it will be a hard choice between stubbies or boardies, probably leaning towards the former due to additional pocketage capacity, then my favourite Jandals (or flip flops to you Northerers (or thongs to you bloody weird Aussies)) and a choice of favourite t-shirts, preferably something with a hint of green, all topped off with some factor 30 and a pair of stylish and non-Aviator (so 1980s) Ray Bans...

Or given the weather today, I may need to look out some cosy autumnal clothing:wink:

Flemington hibb
18-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Mon the Melbourne Victory!!!!

KWJ
18-03-2010, 02:34 AM
cheers for the chortle big man!

I say flip flops but I do love jandles.

Iain G
18-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Mon the Melbourne Victory!!!!

I think Sydney should beat them :wink:

Bayern Bru
18-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I was checking back some of my Hibs photos from earlier in the season, and I THINK I may have inadvertently captured our Dashing Bob S sitting in the posh seats at the St Mirren game early season...

Have a look just over halfway up, sitting right in front of the press area

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/Folder1#5370530798564035602

Is this our man....? :greengrin :coolhib:

I kind of hope not, because I have this superb image in my head of what DBS is like, and the man in the photo does this image no justice.
:greengrin