View Full Version : Match Updates ***Champions League ***

CalgaryHibs
17-03-2010, 12:53 PM
VAMOS BARCA!!!!!

Final score tonight 2-0 BARCA Messi,Henry......:greengrin

Nice too see Chelski kick out of the CL :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
17-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I think an underdog could win it this year. I fancied Bordeaux as an outsider 2 or 3 games into the tournament, needless to say I bottled it, dont know why I never put a couple of quid on it. I want United to win it, but it would be good to see Barca win it at the Bernabau.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 01:15 PM
I think an underdog could win it this year. I fancied Bordeaux as an outsider 2 or 3 games into the tournament, needless to say I bottled it, dont know why I never put a couple of quid on it. I want United to win it, but it would be good to see Barca win it at the Bernabau.
I agree with Bordeaux as they are realy well organised and hard to beat and they have a realy good chance if they avoid barca and man u.

Sean1875
17-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I like Barca but would like thm to go out, always nice to see a smaller team win something as huge as the champions league :agree:

Future17
17-03-2010, 05:12 PM

I agree with Bordeaux as they are realy well organised and hard to beat and they have a realy good chance if they avoid barca and man u.

I like Bordeaux and I think French club football in general has come on a lot in recent years. Gourcuff is a great player - still gutted Milan decided to let him go.....totally baffling decision. :boo hoo:

Having said that, I don't think Bordeaux would stand any chance over two legs against a Man United or Barcelona.

PeeJay
17-03-2010, 05:19 PM
VAMOS BARCA!!!!!

Final score tonight 2-0 BARCA Messi,Henry......:greengrin

Nice too see Chelski kick out of the CL :thumbsup:

I'd prefer to see Stuttgart provide an upset this evening - can't see it happening though, but you never know with the Germans!:wink:

Future17
17-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I like Bordeaux and I think French club football in general has come on a lot in recent years. Gourcuff is a great player - still gutted Milan decided to let him go.....totally baffling decision. :boo hoo:

Having said that, I don't think Bordeaux would stand any chance over two legs against a Man United or Barcelona.

Told you! :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2010, 08:01 PM
How easy does Messi make it look?

There used to be a few debates on here as to whether Cristiano Ronaldo was better than him as well :greengrin

Barney McGrew
17-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Messi :not worth

Teo10
17-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Messi is unbelieveable!

Have had this debate with friends who says he doesnt allways perform on the big stage yet Ronaldo doesn't allways either, just because in one game Ronaldo can do 2 step overs doesnt contribute to him performing well.....

NOLA
17-03-2010, 08:05 PM
stunning goal from Messi:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
17-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Barca have carried on where they left off on Sunday.

Stuttgart could get a serious shoeing here.

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2010, 08:07 PM
And Messi sets up the next one.

NOLA
17-03-2010, 08:08 PM
it's just like watching Hibs :cool2:

lyonhibs
17-03-2010, 08:15 PM
How easy does Messi make it look?

There used to be a few debates on here as to whether Cristiano Ronaldo was better than him as well :greengrin

Indeed - Messi has always been the better player - Ronaldo, great, Messi, god-like.

Simply unbelievable to watch Barca make it all look so simple.

Accurate passes, wide players running beyond the ball and a midfield with the fitness to attack and defend as a unit.

Simples :agree:

PISTOL1875
17-03-2010, 08:17 PM
[/B]

Indeed - Messi has always been the better player - Ronaldo, great, Messi, god-like.

Simply unbelievable to watch Barca make it all look so simple.

Accurate passes, wide players running beyond the ball and a midfield with the fitness to attack and defend as a unit.

Simples :agree:

Defo.. Ronaldo is a good player but he doesn't come close to Messi.. Messi has it all...

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Football Barcelona play is something else. Wouldn't mind watching that every week.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Told you! :greengrinLol i agree its was a silly desision for milan to sell him as he is a great player an still only 23.Also he is doing a great job for me in my milan game on footie manager.

Darth Hibbie
17-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Football Barcelona play is something else. Wouldn't mind watching that every week.

:agree: They really make it look simple.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2010, 08:40 PM

They're on Sky every weekend, so you can if you want :greengrin

La Liga is the laddie :agree:

Sean1875
17-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Incredible.:thumbsup:

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Sublime :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
17-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Awesome. 3-0.

Two hat tricks in four days looks like it's on for him.

Teo10
17-03-2010, 09:03 PM
That boy is phenomenal:agree:

Joy to watch:thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:04 PM
They're on Sky every weekend, so you can if you want :greengrin

La Liga is the laddie :agree:

:greengrin

Agree though, La Liga has some sublime football.

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:15 PM
That corner never resulted in a goal but ****in hell, class.

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2010, 09:17 PM
There's a bit of Mickey Weir about Messi.

A bit of Darren Jackson as well.

Although I don't think he's as tall as Darren Jackson :bitchy:

GB6
17-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Awesome. 3-0.

Two hat tricks in four days looks like it's on for him.

hope so got £5 on messi hat-trick @ 20/1 :greengrin

hibsbollah
17-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone who says Rooney is the best player in the world:faf: wants to sit down and watch Lionel. There. Is. No. Comparison.

Mon Dieu4
17-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Anyone who says Rooney is the best player in the world:faf: wants to sit down and watch Lionel. There. Is. No. Comparison.

There is no contest even the wee mans name is better, Lionel is a class name:thumbsup:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads/avatars/20091018_173504_lionel_richtea2.jpg

hibsbollah
17-03-2010, 09:32 PM
There is no contest even the wee mans name is better, Lionel is a class name:thumbsup:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads/avatars/20091018_173504_lionel_richtea2.jpg

Everytime that picture cracks me up:faf::faf::faf:

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:34 PM
4-0

Brilliant viewing

NOLA
17-03-2010, 09:34 PM
can't see any team beating Barca for the trophy,

Mon Dieu4
17-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Everytime that picture cracks me up:faf::faf::faf:

I know!! that & the black Superman are the greatest pictures of all time :faf:

Wotherspiniesta
17-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Rooney is the best striker in the world.
Messi is the best footballer in the world
IMO of course.

NOLA
17-03-2010, 09:45 PM
they will only get better once chavvy is back in the team:agree:

lyonhibs
17-03-2010, 09:52 PM
they will only get better once chavvy is back in the team:agree:

I assume this isn't a genuine attempt to spell Xavi?? :greengrin

Point still stands - take note guys and dolls, that was Barcelona playing WITHOUT their outrageously talented midfield fulcrum.

To all other teams in the competition, be afraid, be very afraid :agree: :agree:

Sir David Gray
17-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Aye that wee guy Messi's not too bad but I still say "bring them on". :thumbsup:

Fergie will have them sussed out no bother and the best player in the world (Rooooooooooooooney) will run riot.

'Mon the Red Devils!

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Aye that wee guy Messi's not too bad but I still say "bring them on". :thumbsup:

Fergie will have them sussed out no bother and the best player in the world (Rooooooooooooooney) will run riot.

'Mon the Red Devils!Can u remember the last time man u played this barca team.:greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Can u remember the last time man u played this barca team.:greengrin

That was in the final in a one off game at a neutral venue. I'd fancy Man Utd's chances over two legs, particularly if the second leg was at Old Trafford.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2010, 10:36 PM
That was in the final in a one off game at a neutral venue. I'd fancy Man Utd's chances over two legs, particularly if the second leg was at Old Trafford.So man u couldnt beat barca in a fair game with no home advantage but could win at old trafford. So whos the better team then because from what your saying its barca.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2010, 11:53 PM
So man u couldnt beat barca in a fair game with no home advantage but could win at old trafford. So whos the better team then because from what your saying its barca.

They're both world class teams with world class players. I would say that Barcelona is a slightly better side, particularly when they're at the Nou Camp but I thought Man Utd were highly impressive in their performance over AC Milan last week. Also in Wayne Rooney, I genuinely believe they have the best player in the world at the moment, the guy is on fire just now and is more than capable of leading Man Utd to success in the Premiership and Champions League this year.

Of course every team will be hoping to avoid Barcelona but then I think every team, including Barcelona, would rather not play Man Utd either.

If I was the manager of the other sides though, I'd still rather play Barcelona in the quarter finals or semi finals than in the final itself.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2010, 01:02 AM
They're both world class teams with world class players. I would say that Barcelona is a slightly better side, particularly when they're at the Nou Camp but I thought Man Utd were highly impressive in their performance over AC Milan last week. Also in Wayne Rooney, I genuinely believe they have the best player in the world at the moment, the guy is on fire just now and is more than capable of leading Man Utd to success in the Premiership and Champions League this year.

Of course every team will be hoping to avoid Barcelona but then I think every team, including Barcelona, would rather not play Man Utd either.

If I was the manager of the other sides though, I'd still rather play Barcelona in the quarter finals or semi finals than in the final itself.
I see where you are coming from and agree about how good man u were vs milan but not about rooney as i just think messi is magic and just better than rooney and IMO barca are a better team.

If you look at each teams strongest lineups barca win every time

Valdes-van der sar=vds
alves-oshea=alves
puyol-rio=puyol
pique-vidic=vidic
evra-abidal=evra
xavi-carrick=xavi
toure-schools=toure
iniesta-fletcher=iniesta
messi-valencia=messi
ibra-rooney=rooney
pedro-giggs/nani-pedro
7-4 to barca

All imo of couse but i just belive barca are a better team.
And messi is better than rooney.

KWJ
18-03-2010, 03:22 AM
they didn't have Fletcher in that one of game :wink: