PDA

View Full Version : STV announce new family quiz show hosted by 'slick' Chick Young

Hakim Sar
17-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Chick Young's Guess the Metaphor game featuring endless streams of hapless weej families with the occasional token dundee tribe.

The name of the game is Chick tells the main talking points from 'the week that was' and each family must battle one on one versus chick in spewing as many descriptive metaphors and cliches in 30secs

Ie falkirk bottom of the league.... "falkirk have as much grip on their spl status as heather mills sliding about in Dancing on ice with only one leg. But there is no divorce settlement if falkirk break off it's premier league relationship. No parachute payments like in England - just the heavy ton weight of burden to cosy up to. armageddon for falkirk beckons but no Bruce Willis hero to save the day. Even jonny depp would do but falkirk are fast falling down the rabbit hole and stephen pressley, with cerebral politeness and not enough chest pounding, is just not 'mad hatter' enough to see this task through. It will be a case of out of the chip pan and into the fire for falkirk next year with at least 4 teams in division 1 being as big and as good as them, and possibly more experience for a title scrap. The dark blues will certainly be feeling the blues alright."

'classic' chick young nonsense. expect guests such as loads of ex huns and token weej celebs such as shareen nanjiani, sanjeev kholi, ford kiernan and Arthur montford.

dangermouse
17-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a great advert for watching the BBC

Hakim Sar
17-03-2010, 10:08 AM
His column this week is ganting. so cliched. bet he gets paid a fortune too

BEEJ
17-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Is the OP a joke, or is Chick definitely moving across to the other side? :confused:

How could anyone in broadcasting bestow on this creature something even bordering on celebrity status?? He doesn't even hack it as a so-called journalist. :hilarious

I seldom watch STV anyway. This would be yet another development in their programme schedule that would validate that lifestyle choice.

heretoday
17-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Bring back Andy Stewart.

Hakim Sar
17-03-2010, 10:37 AM
It's just a joke.. noticed a thread last week on here, after chuck lung wrote his column, bemoaning the stereotypical drivel he comes out with and his column on beeb this week is just as bad.

I put him down there with dog muck, hertz, les dennis and piles.

I liked graham speirs because he had an acid tongue backed up by intelligence. does he still do a lot of football reporting in the herald? Even grant stott and Gary m****y have more intelligent input in EEN

poolman
17-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Chick Young's Guess the Metaphor game featuring endless streams of hapless weej families with the occasional token dundee tribe.

The name of the game is Chick tells the main talking points from 'the week that was' and each family must battle one on one versus chick in spewing as many descriptive metaphors and cliches in 30secs

Ie falkirk bottom of the league.... "falkirk have as much grip on their spl status as heather mills sliding about in Dancing on ice with only one leg. But there is no divorce settlement if falkirk break off it's premier league relationship. No parachute payments like in England - just the heavy ton weight of burden to cosy up to. armageddon for falkirk beckons but no Bruce Willis hero to save the day. Even jonny depp would do but falkirk are fast falling down the rabbit hole and stephen pressley, with cerebral politeness and not enough chest pounding, is just not 'mad hatter' enough to see this task through. It will be a case of out of the chip pan and into the fire for falkirk next year with at least 4 teams in division 1 being as big and as good as them, and possibly more experience for a title scrap. The dark blues will certainly be feeling the blues alright."

'classic' chick young nonsense. expect guests such as loads of ex huns and token weej celebs such as shareen nanjiani, sanjeev kholi, ford kiernan and Arthur montford.

Substance Abuse Alert

Bayern Bru
17-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Bring back Andy Stewart.

Bring back Andy Cameron...
:duck::devil:

KerPlunk
17-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Bring back Andy Pandy. He's deffo got more mallum than Chick Faeces.

johnrebus
17-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Chick is a comedy act, he doesn't really bother me.

What does bother me is the fact that Allan Preston and Billy ' Hun' Dodds, get paid for what they do by the BBC........,

:grr:

--------
17-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Bring back Andy Stewart.

Don't you bloody dare! :grr:

Two individuals who might almost persuade me that selective euthanasia's a Good Thing.

(Three, with Chick Young.)

And since it was MY idea, I get to do the selecting, OK? :devil:

WARNING: DO NOT click on these links if you are of a nervous disposition.... (Or if you have any taste at all in music.)

YouTube - ANDY STEWART DONALD WHERES YER TROOSERS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPDM7JGRUM)

YouTube - Andy Cameron Allys Tartan Army (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIny-npSFPE)

TheEastTerrace
17-03-2010, 02:46 PM
It's just a joke.. noticed a thread last week on here, after chuck lung wrote his column, bemoaning the stereotypical drivel he comes out with and his column on beeb this week is just as bad.

I put him down there with dog muck, hertz, les dennis and piles.

I liked graham speirs because he had an acid tongue backed up by intelligence. does he still do a lot of football reporting in the herald? Even grant stott and Gary m****y have more intelligent input in EEN

Spiers now writes for The Times. Check out his recent stuff here.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/graham_spiers/index.html