down-the-slope
16-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Another good 3 points against the dons

If they win games in hand they will be above Hearts :greengrin

mim
16-03-2010, 11:39 PM

.....and Aberdeen can't catch us pre-split, after tonight.

The Saintees, however, still can.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2010, 11:40 PM
.....and Aberdeen can't catch us pre-split, after tonight.

The Saintees, however, still can.

But they wont.

iwasthere1972
17-03-2010, 12:12 AM

3 points lost by the Yams on Saturday would go some way to plotting their downfall.

Fat Jim Knows. :agree:

Martin
17-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Flips the game on the head a bit - alot of pressure on the Jambos now.

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd, 15:00
Celtic v St Johnstone, 15:00
Hamilton v Falkirk, 15:00
Hearts v Hibernian, 12:15

If Aberdeen were to get a draw - results could really go our way.

DC_Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:19 AM
St J have - Celtic A, Falkirk H, Hamilton A, Rangers H, Dundee Utd H, Aberdeen A

Hearts have - Hibs H, Rangers H, St Mirren A, Kilmarnock H

Will go to the wire I think

sunshine1875
17-03-2010, 11:30 AM

Remaining fixtures:

Hertz - Hibs (H), Rangers (H), St. Mirren (A) and Killie (H)
St.J - Celtic (A), Falkirk (H), Hamilton (A), Rangers (H), Utd (H) and Dons (A)

If Hertz lose their next two games, they will start worrying.:greengrin

edit - just realised that the previous poster said the same thing.

mjhibby
17-03-2010, 11:31 AM
St J have - Celtic A, Falkirk H, Hamilton A, Rangers H, Dundee Utd H, Aberdeen A

Hearts have - Hibs H, Rangers H, St Mirren A, Kilmarnock H

Will go to the wire I think

Its going to a scary finish for them.If we assume that its a draw at the pbs and celtic beat the saintees(the most likely outcome imho)then there would be 4 points between them.The saintees should beat falkirk in their rearranged game.Then saintees have hamilton away which i think they might draw so presuming rangers beat hertz would mean them being level.The saintees then have rangers and although a win for rangers is likely i wouldnt be surprised if its a draw.That means a gap of either 1 or they are level.Hertz away to st mirren and the saintees against the arabs could both be draws which would mean the saintees ahead by one point going into the last game.So to me if st johnstone beat both falkirk and hamilton they will be in the top six
Im probably miles off the mark but at least makes it interesting and if it does remain tight till the last game just wait for kickback saying they arent really bothered about the top six and its all about next season.Big team my derrier.:faf:

DC_Hibs
17-03-2010, 12:37 PM
just wait for kickback saying they arent really bothered about the top six and its all about next season.Big team my derrier.:faf:

What difference does a couple of hundred grand or so lost revenue from crowds matter when you're not even worried about £30m!!

seanraff07
17-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I think St.Johnstone are capable of beating Hearts to 6th although it would probably result in another defeat for us if they do.:boo hoo:

Cameron1875
17-03-2010, 07:36 PM
nah i want hearts in top 6 for another derby at easter road and more chance of a win. Rather that than another trip to mcdirmid park:no way::shocked:

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I think St.Johnstone are capable of beating Hearts to 6th although it would probably result in another defeat for us if they do.:boo hoo:

How come? SPL vs them this season reads W1, D1, L1

seanraff07
17-03-2010, 09:54 PM
How come? SPL vs them this season reads W1, D1, L1

We never should have one that 3-0 considering they had 5 great chances in the first 15 minutes.. and we were lucky to get a draw last time and we got pretty much demolished in Perth.. put it this way i'd rather play Hearts than St.Johnstone.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2010, 09:55 PM
We never should have one that 3-0 considering they had 5 great chances in the first 15 minutes.. and we were lucky to get a draw last time and we got pretty much demolished in Perth.. put it this way i'd rather play Hearts than St.Johnstone.:agree:

They had a one-off freak result against us and some of our fans are running scared.

We've beat them this season, we've not beat Hearts.

hfc rd
18-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I would like to see the yams in the top six. St Johnstone are a much more harder side to beat than the yams. They have a better team unit and are very hard to break down. I would like to see the yams in the top six and an additional derby to look forward to. But wouldn't mind if they didn't. Would be very funny to see the so called BIG TEAM fail to qualify for the top 6.

seanraff07
18-03-2010, 06:28 PM
They had a one-off freak result against us and some of our fans are running scared.

We also haven't been beaten of Hearts this season though, surely you'd prefer another derby to a game against St.Johnstone?

Speedy
18-03-2010, 06:31 PM

They beat us 3-0 and 5-1

jgl07
18-03-2010, 06:40 PM
They beat us 3-0 and 5-1
Err no Hibs beat St Johnstone 3-0 and drew 1-1.

It was 1-3 in the LC but that doesn't count. Results in the LC before QF stage are always meaningless.

Speedy
18-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Err no Hibs beat St Johnstone 3-0 and drew 1-1.

It was 1-3 in the LC but that doesn't count. Results in the LC before QF stage are always meaningless.

That's the one, I forgot we scored I was just getting in and missed the goal. :brickwall

What I was getting at is that you can't really say they fluked a result against us when they humped us in the cup as well.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2010, 08:15 PM
That's the one, I forgot we scored I was just getting in and missed the goal. :brickwall

What I was getting at is that you can't really say they fluked a result against us when they humped us in the cup as well.

You're right you can't call it a fluke. Maybe that's why I didn't call it a fluke?

If we were given the choice of Hearts or St Johnstone at home after the top 6 I'd feel more confident of getting 3 points against St Johnstone.

Speedy
19-03-2010, 02:37 AM
You're right you can't call it a fluke. Maybe that's why I didn't call it a fluke?

If we were given the choice of Hearts or St Johnstone at home after the top 6 I'd feel more confident of getting 3 points against St Johnstone.

OK, but it's a "one-off freak result"?

AgentDaleCooper
19-03-2010, 02:43 AM
OK, but it's a "one-off freak result"?

fluke and one-off freak results are different.

fluke implies luck (which st. johnstone didn't rely on, they pummeled us)

one off freak result means that such a dire performance by us and such a comprehensive one by them probably:
a) won't occur to such an extent
and
b) won't reap such a grim score-line
...in the foreseeable future

fingers ****ing crossed.

Speedy
19-03-2010, 02:51 AM
fluke and one-off freak results are different.

fluke implies luck (which st. johnstone didn't rely on, they pummeled us)

one off freak result means that such a dire performance by us and such a comprehensive one by them probably:
a) won't occur to such an extent
and
b) won't reap such a grim score-line
...in the foreseeable future

fingers ****ing crossed.

Either way it still wasn't a one-off freak result.

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Either way it still wasn't a one-off freak result.

How, when else did they beat us 5-1?

iwasthere1972
19-03-2010, 08:11 AM
How, when else did they beat us 5-1?

1926/27 season. :nerd: