PDA

View Full Version : Take your pic

HibeeMcGinn1
16-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Just asked my dad this and it really ****ered with his head. If you get one win against Hearts or Ross County and one defeat, what would you chose? debate away

Ed De Gramo
16-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Just asked my dad this and it really ****ered with his head. If you get one win against Hearts or Ross County and one defeat, what would you chose? debate away

can I be awkward and ask for 2 wins :wink:

Elephant Stone
16-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd rather beat Ross County.

noseyhibby
16-03-2010, 11:15 PM

One more defeat to the Jambos will make little difference in the grand scheme of things. They need their crumbs of comfort and who are we to spoil it for them. Beating us is all that's left them now that we own them in terms of our success both on and off the park. They're due their rare victory against us these days, so yes, I would accept defeat at Tynecastle. Beating Ross County will put us 90 minutes away from pitting our wits against whoever in the final. Far, far more important than dealing with temporary bragging rights.

HibeeDaz6270
16-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Hearts without a doubt for me. We have to pick up as many points as possible to finish 3rd in the league. That is the main aim! the cup is a bonus.

Sir David Gray
16-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I would probably vote for a win against Hearts.

It is a fantastic feeling to beat them at Tynecastle and we really need to get our league season back on track and get back into the driving seat for 3rd spot.

The Scottish Cup is very important too and of course I want us to beat Ross County next week. I would just personally vote for a win in the derby first and foremost.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2010, 11:19 PM
The tramps from Gorgie.

Jack
16-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Obviously to beat them then change my mind on Sunday.

the happy hibee
17-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Easy ross county dont have to think about it!

iwasthere1972
17-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Tricky one but as I will be at Tynie and not in Dingwall I have to say

Yams.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

The Scottish Cup can wait another year.

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Even if we got a win against ross county it is unlikely that we would beat both the old firm in the semi and final so I'll take the win against the **** so we can get back on track for third spot.

Spoonjilloun
17-03-2010, 08:32 AM
One more defeat to the Jambos will make little difference in the grand scheme of things. They need their crumbs of comfort and who are we to spoil it for them. Beating us is all that's left them now that we own them in terms of our success both on and off the park. They're due their rare victory against us these days, so yes, I would accept defeat at Tynecastle. Beating Ross County will put us 90 minutes away from pitting our wits against whoever in the final. Far, far more important than dealing with temporary bragging rights.

:top marks agreed. scottish cup is more important than jimbo and co

Andy74
17-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Thinking about it with my tache on the revenue from a semi and the off chance we might reach the final - beating Ross County would be the choice. we have other games left to sort out the 3rd position, we only have one chance at the cup game now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Hearts, no question. Fourth place or better, in the league would mean Europe. Beating Ross County only means a semi-final place. We need to draw a line under our dismal showings, post christmas, and Tynie is our next opportunity to do that. Even, if the next game was at home to Falkirk, or away at Hamilton, it would still be a bigger game than Ross County away.

YehButNoBut
17-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Even if we got a win against ross county it is unlikely that we would beat both the old firm in the semi and final so I'll take the win against the **** so we can get back on track for third spot.

Fancy Utd to get to the semi.

Would go for a win over Ross County, as even if we lose on Sat we can still finish 3rd.

A cup semi against Celtic would be a big financial boost for the club and a fighting chance to get to the final.

Kaiser_Sauzee
17-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I really do think we'll win both.

But I'd choose to beat Hearts.

hibsbollah
17-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Very difficult. Hearts by a nose. (thats a sentence you dont often hear)

Hakim Sar
17-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Because I don't think 3rd place will be settled until we see who performs well in top 6 I will go for a win against county. u wanna be in the mix for Europe when top 6 Splits and then wait and see - and I think we will be regardless of derby result

hibbymac
17-03-2010, 10:29 AM
When I first opened this thread, I thought, what a daft question, this is a no brainer, however apologies to the OP as I was obviously wrong. :thumbsup:

Not knocking anyone or having a go,(all about opinions), my take on it is,....

a): 3pts, beat your rivals on their patch, bragging rights for a few weeks, to possibly secure a Euro place, (which looks like we will get anyway), just to get bumped in the first round, after traveling to Latvia or wherever.

or

b): chance to progress into the semi-final of a trophy we have not won for ..... a while..., make history if we were to win it,... look at the thread with the you tube clips of 3 years ago, tomorrow, think of your experiences of that day at Hampden, multiply it by 10, then say you would give up the opportunity of all that for 3pts against the Yams. :hmmm:

Yes I want to win them both, however as the OP says choose 1 to win, it would have to be the Ross County game. :dizzy:

Opinions eh!! :wink:

GGTTH

Andy74
17-03-2010, 11:10 AM
When I first opened this thread, I thought, what a daft question, this is a no brainer, however apologies to the OP as I was obviously wrong. :thumbsup:

Not knocking anyone or having a go,(all about opinions), my take on it is,....

a): 3pts, beat your rivals on their patch, bragging rights for a few weeks, to possibly secure a Euro place, (which looks like we will get anyway), just to get bumped in the first round, after traveling to Latvia or wherever.

or

b): chance to progress into the semi-final of a trophy we have not won for ..... a while..., make history if we were to win it,... look at the thread with the you tube clips of 3 years ago, tomorrow, think of your experiences of that day at Hampden, multiply it by 10, then say you would give up the opportunity of all that for 3pts against the Yams. :hmmm:

Yes I want to win them both, however as the OP says choose 1 to win, it would have to be the Ross County game. :dizzy:

Opinions eh!! :wink:

GGTTH

Amazing that we seem to be so defeated over the Scottish cup. Do we actually deserve for the players to show as any more commitment on this one???

Should we just withdraw from now on and see if we can beat Hearts and get 3rd place each year instead?

JimBHibees
17-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Quarter final without a second thought. Massive money spinner the semi and also a great day out for the fans. Even if we dont win the cash will likely go some way to improving the team. As sore as losing to Hearts would be we may still have the chance of sorting them out after the split.

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Amazing that we seem to be so defeated over the Scottish cup. Do we actually deserve for the players to show as any more commitment on this one???

Should we just withdraw from now on and see if we can beat Hearts and get 3rd place each year instead?

Didn't realise they had shown any yet?:confused:

Westie1875
17-03-2010, 11:44 AM
County

Franck Stanton
17-03-2010, 11:56 AM
No contest, a win against the diet huns EVERY time. God i hate them.

gstarbry1875
17-03-2010, 06:51 PM
If beating Ross County means we would then go on to beat Celtic and then beat whoever in the final then i would take that but if not then i would choose to beat the **** on saturday!

Www1875hfc
17-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I really do think we'll win both.

But I'd choose to beat Hearts.

I think we will win both games as well. :agree:

ronaldo7
17-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Pump the yams.

Draw up in Dingwall. Then beat them on pens:thumbsup:

hibee4life1983
17-03-2010, 08:32 PM
S.C.U.M BY A COUNTRY MILE. I cant stand losing to hertz, and yogi deserves a win against them.

danger1875
17-03-2010, 08:56 PM
simple. **** the **** every time

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2010, 09:01 PM
simple. **** the **** every time

That's not a very nice thing to say about Ross County

:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Did anyone else click on the thread thinking they might get their photo taken :confused:

seanraff07
17-03-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd rather beat Hearts.
Our chances of going on to win in the semi's and final aswell is pretty slim IMO.:yawn:

bighairyfaeleith
17-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Did anyone else click on the thread thinking they might get their photo taken :confused:

:faf:

madabouthibs
17-03-2010, 10:47 PM
If the RC game was a semi then yes, I'd rather win that one.
Otherwise its a win against the slumdwellers for me likes! :thumbsup: