PDA

View Full Version : NHC Who would you like to see win the World Cup?

Vince White
16-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Sorry, bit of a kid with a new toy today having just signed up. I've just worked out how to post a poll so here goes. I would have added it to my thread about England but can't seem to do so!

It's not possible to fit all 32 teams into a poll so I've just listed the supposed 'big' teams plus the USA and Australia as I know there are a lot of Hibbies in both those countries. But there's an 'other' option so please use that if I've not included your favourites.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
16-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Since you haven't made it a multi choice poll, where's the "ABE" option? :greengrin

OsloHibs
16-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Denmark or Netherlands for me.. Damn them in the same group :grr:

Diclonius
16-03-2010, 10:48 PM
The Republic of Anyone but England.

hibeemad
16-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Who cares as long as its not england

Sir David Gray
16-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Since ABE isn't an option, I'll plump for Australia, mainly because I like Neighbours. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Since ABE isn't an option, I'll plump for Australia, mainly because I like Neighbours. :thumbsup:

Surely England are your neighbours? :wink:

hibee4life1983
16-03-2010, 11:23 PM
France, got 20 quid on them.

Gus
16-03-2010, 11:27 PM
ENGLAND

Come on

Sir David Gray
16-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Surely England are your neighbours? :wink:

I was thinking more about this (http://sexystarpics.com/main/albums/KymValentine/KymValentine5.jpg) kind of "Neighbour", rather than this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eosGkndaIFM/SfXL48WF2JI/AAAAAAAAIOA/vkLbOuAqjUc/s400/Fat+Newcastle+Fan.jpg) kind. :wink:

Ed De Gramo
16-03-2010, 11:29 PM
wouldn't p1ss on England if they were on fire

mim
16-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Ivory Coast, for a pretty obvious reason.......

.......and, no, I'm not a big black African. :wink:

broonie27
17-03-2010, 12:56 AM
I'd like an African team to win it. I like Ivory Coast (except for Drogba) as a team. Barring that I think the Dutch are due a turn.

then again they've won in South Africa already haven't they :stirrer:

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2010, 01:46 AM
North Korea:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
17-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Who is in it?????

ABE

Mag7
17-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Don't care, just enjoy watching the football at these events without the need to support anyone.

jdships
17-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Don't care, just enjoy watching the football at these events without the need to support anyone.

:thumbsup:
That's it for me :top marks

Ryan91
17-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I fancy seeing Spain win it, with them having won the Euro Champs, I think their time has come.

heretoday
17-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Since 1982 I've always had a punt on Italy.

Last time I didn't bother..........

xyz23jc
17-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Like to see Spain win it, just so we could defeat the world champions again! :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
17-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Democratic People's Republic of ABE

:agree:

Spudster
17-03-2010, 11:19 AM
North Korea winning in the final Vs USA/South Korea/England :devil:

Bayern Bru
17-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I have roots in Portugal and Holland, so toss up between them. I think Holland have the better chance, unfortunately I look crap in orange... :greengrin

Normally I'd support France but given my love of Eire, and after Henry's antics...I can't bring myself to do it.

I also have roots in England but I'm glossing over that part. :cool2:

dangermouse
17-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Abe

EDIT: why won't the original post stay as capitals
EDIT AGAIN: But the edit message does. Twilight Zone or what!!

Bad Martini
17-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Germany for maximium noise up possibilities

But, ABE will do :greengrin

Swedish hibee
17-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Denmark for me too :woohoo:

And Germany, Holland and Spain :cool2:

lugz
17-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Argentina but never going to happen, If no them i'd like to see spain win it.

hibsbollah
17-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Argentina but never going to happen, If no them i'd like to see spain win it.

Dunno about that, Diego seems to have them playing the way he wants them to now. I think the great man will have the last laugh:greengrin

Alex B
17-03-2010, 12:53 PM
:thumbsup:
That's it for me :top marks

Me too. As every passing tournament begins without Scotland in it I realise I probably enjoy the event as a whole better without the pressure of having to love or hate any team.

CalgaryHibs
17-03-2010, 12:54 PM
ESPANA to win :thumbsup:

Vince White
17-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Judging by the results so far it looks like there are more English Hibbies (or England sympathising Hibbies) around than I thought? Where you all from folks?

Mag7
17-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Surprised to see a fair few backing Spain. Guess they're the ones to put your money on, but do we not need them to have a s***e World Cup to demoralise them ahead of the Euro qualifiers? That way we might have some sort of chance against them.

Isaac_Refvik
17-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Will be in Spain for the final, so I'd like to see them play Ivory Coast.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Where's the SCOTLAND option :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Judging by the results so far it looks like there are more English Hibbies (or England sympathising Hibbies) around than I thought? Where you all from folks?

Guess :greengrin

joe breezy
17-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Holland, I really like it there, friendly people dry sense of humour, like to play good football, northern European, liberal attitudes

I identify with Holland the most so want them to win it

clerriehibs
17-03-2010, 01:43 PM
a b e

iwasthere1972
17-03-2010, 01:44 PM
No favourites - just the country that plays the most attractive football and scores loads of goals.

BUT NOT ENGLAND. :devil:

iwasthere1972
17-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Where's the SCOTLAND option :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Admin can you do the right thing here and send this guy packing. Check his pockets first. :greengrin

NYHibby
17-03-2010, 02:25 PM
USA of course

ironmike
17-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I voted for 'other' - has to be Cameroon for me.

Not long back from what is an amazing country, and where there are statues of 'Papa' Eto all over the place. Was there when they qualified and the country went bananas, can only imagine what it would be like if they actually won it.

Vince White
17-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Guess :greengrin

What came first? Hibs or Liverpool?

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2010, 09:17 PM
What came first? Hibs or Liverpool?

Liverpool mate, gave up my season ticket in 92 when I moved up here and got a ST for the mighty hibees.

seanraff07
17-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Netherlands, always played decent football but never win anything.
I'd like to see them win a trophy for once.

Vince White
18-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Netherlands, always played decent football but never win anything.
I'd like to see them win a trophy for once.

They swept all before them at Euro 88 IIRC.

Bad Martini
18-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Where's the SCOTLAND option

Just you wait til the obligatory semi-final penalty shoot out and (most of the) 5 million punters up here do a Uri-Geller type mind trick, WILLING yer muppet/victim of pubic media literary castration steps up and skies it over the bar....justtt youuu waittt :greengrin

(and when it happens, I'll return these to ye >>> :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:)

And finally, remember, youse got BEAT of us sheite...and we ARE (and we know we are) sheite.....so, as ah sais in another thread, a big, fat, NA NA NA NA NA NA !

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Speedy
18-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I'll be supporting Australia because I'll be there from the 28th June until the final...shame they'll be out by then :boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
18-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Holland and Ivory Coast.:thumbsup:

Mag7
18-03-2010, 12:54 PM
They swept all before them at Euro 88 IIRC.

Correct, a Gullit-inspired Dutch side won it that year, although the vile pattern on their strips slightly soured the occasion:

http://euro2008.football-shirts.co.uk/euro1988.html

hfc rd
18-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Don't mind who wins the world cup as long as it isn't England.

NOLA
18-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Engurland, then we wouldn't hear 1966 getting trotted out so often:wink:

Rory89
18-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Dunno about that, Diego seems to have them playing the way he wants them to now. I think the great man will have the last laugh:greengrin

Am I right in thinking that despite Argentina being able to choose between Messi, Higuian, Milito, Teves, Aguero and many more up front, instead of playing 3 forwards in the style of Barcelona, Maradona plays a 4-4-2 with Messi innefective as an out and out striker and Jonas Gutierrez out wide? :bitchy:

With attackers like that and players like Cambiasso and Mascherano to hold it up Argentina could win it, but they won't because it seems like Maradona is too nuts to be a good manager. He said that only 3 players are guarenteed to be in his squad, Messi, Mascherano and Gutierrez. :faf:

Holland and Ivory Coast.:thumbsup:

Orange *******!

Vince White
18-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Am I right in thinking that despite Argentina being able to choose between Messi, Higuian, Milito, Teves, Aguero and many more up front, instead of playing 3 forwards in the style of Barcelona, Maradona plays a 4-4-2 with Messi innefective as an out and out striker and Jonas Gutierrez out wide? :bitchy:

With attackers like that and players like Cambiasso and Mascherano to hold it up Argentina could win it, but they won't because it seems like Maradona is too nuts to be a good manager. He said that only 3 players are guarenteed to be in his squad, Messi, Mascherano and Gutierrez. :faf:

Orange *******!

I'm amazed to hear Maradona is still in charge after their shambolic qualifying campaign.

TRC
18-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Said spain any1 seem David Villa tonight amazing along with a (fit) Torres. and captain poodle along with Raul being 47 it's in the bag

Nameless
18-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I could care less who wins it. Actually, I'd love to see England win it. With the mass suicides that follow, I might finally be able to get a bloody council house.

hibsbollah
18-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Orange *******!

Maradona's starting to get it together, they looked very impressive when beating Germany recently. Angel Di Maria is playing great on one wing, Gutierrez on the other, and Higuain and Messi are undroppable on current form.

Messi made a lot of headlines with his Stuttgart performance yesterday, but i just watched his hattrick from la liga last weekend, against Valencia, and that has to be the best hattrick since Rivaldo's for Barca also against Valencia, 10 years ago.

I think Messi could be like Maradona in 86 and win the tourney on his own. He's that good:greengrin

TRC
18-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Maradona's starting to get it together, they looked very impressive when beating Germany recently. Angel Di Maria is playing great on one wing, Gutierrez on the other, and Higuain and Messi are undroppable on current form.

Messi made a lot of headlines with his Stuttgart performance yesterday, but i just watched his hattrick from la liga last weekend, against Valencia, and that has to be the best hattrick since Rivaldo's for Barca also against Valencia, 10 years ago.

I think Messi could be like Maradona in 86 and win the tourney on his own. He's that good:greengrin

EH MIXU Yams 6-2 pah the best hattrick indeed

hibsbollah
18-03-2010, 10:30 PM
EH MIXU Yams 6-2 pah the best hattrick indeed

OK 2nd best:greengrin
2nd YouTube - Rivaldo Hat Trick (DEFINITIVE EDITION) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ujBOUQIxw)
3rd YouTube - F.C Barcelona 3-0 Valencia CF - Full Highlights (14.03.10) Messi Hat-Trick! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcyOXrLRcU)

--------
19-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I believe Romanov has stated categorically that Heart of MudLithuania FC will win the World Cup.

Just as they won the SPL....

And the Champions' League....

And Strictly Clum Dancing.... :devil:

Rory89
19-03-2010, 01:12 PM

I also think Messi will be right up there with the best of all time by the time he retires. I watched him play in a Barcelona game when he was first coming through, Ronaldinho was the main man at the time and he was fairly pish, whilst it didn't take a scouting genius to see Messi would be world class. The reason I think he'll go down as one of the best is that a lot of great players play worse when defenders learn how to mark them, Messi does the same thing every time and people still can't stop him. :greengrin

Fair enough if Argentina are playing well now but it still seems that it would be obvious to play the undroppable Messi and Higuian in a the formation they're used to with another forward, I'm sure Jonas is decent but surely the likes of Tevez, Aguero, Milito etc are better. Or why not Messi on the right, Di Maria the left and Higuian through the middle, that would be a brilliant attack.

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I never thought I would see the day when I said "England", but I can see no rational reason why I wouldn't want them to. Being honest, I'm a big fan of Rooney at the moment, and..........wait a minute......what did I just say? OMG, hellllllllllpppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!