PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's touchline ban!

scott7_0(Prague)
16-03-2010, 01:22 PM
If he fails in getting the ban removed can he not just sit in the front row next to the dug-outs?

DR Report (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/03/16/hibs-boss-john-hughes-facing-touchline-ban-d-day-86908-22114456/)

MB62
16-03-2010, 01:26 PM
If he fails in getting the ban removed can he not just sit in the front row next to the dug-outs?

He should sit up beside me then he might get a better view view of what's going on and I can also keep him right with tactics and subs. :wink: :greengrin

Last Minute
16-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Anybody know how Yogi got on with his appeal today :dunno:

hibee4life1983
16-03-2010, 06:57 PM
He better no be banned, the sfa have ther heads up ther bksides, how can u ban a manager for swearing? Does anyone think alex ferguson would get a 6 game ban for his effin'an'blindin'?
No chance.
And how the hell can they inforce that sort of a ban at this stage of a season??

Titch
17-03-2010, 11:41 AM
He better no be banned, the sfa have ther heads up ther bksides, how can u ban a manager for swearing? Does anyone think alex ferguson would get a 6 game ban for his effin'an'blindin'?
No chance.
And how the hell can they inforce that sort of a ban at this stage of a season??

any news on whats happened wi this???

Hibee87
17-03-2010, 11:58 AM
No chance.

I still dont understand why he is being punished for somthing that happened when at falkirk? cause he was sent to the stand 3 times or something last season he is being punished WTF is that all about? he should be given a clean slate when A) a new season starts and B) the face he has moved team.

Jim44
17-03-2010, 01:05 PM
What exactly does a 'touchline ban' mean. Does it just mean he can't be in the official area or does it mean that technically he can't communicate with the players or assistants? :dunno:

PC Stamp
17-03-2010, 02:20 PM
What exactly does a 'touchline ban' mean. Does it just mean he can't be in the official area or does it mean that technically he can't communicate with the players or assistants? :dunno:

He can't be in or around the technical area whilst proceedings are under the referees jurisdiction ... which of course includes the dug out as well as the tunnel area.

Golden Bear
17-03-2010, 02:30 PM
It seems strange that nothing has been officially announced about yesterday's appeal.

But there again it's the SFA we are talking about so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was as basic as they forgot it was on.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-03-2010, 02:33 PM
He can't be in or around the technical area whilst proceedings are under the referees jurisdiction ... which of course includes the dug out as well as the tunnel area.

What about the front row at the side of the dug out?

hibee4life1983
17-03-2010, 03:51 PM
What about the front row at the side of the dug out?

That would be awesomely cheeky and it wouldnt surprise me if yogi trys this at E.R, other clubs wouldnt have that, especialy hertz....

hibee4life1983
17-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I still dont understand why he is being punished for somthing that happened when at falkirk? cause he was sent to the stand 3 times or something last season he is being punished WTF is that all about? he should be given a clean slate when A) a new season starts and B) the face he has moved team.

Its the same for players, i just think a six game ban is ridiculous, at this stage? It should be reduced, though im not holding my breath because i havent heard a peep bout it.

seanraff07
17-03-2010, 08:43 PM
When is his touchline ban supposed to start?
You shouldn't be punished for something you done last season, it should be a fresh start each season.

hibee4life1983
18-03-2010, 01:51 AM
When is his touchline ban supposed to start?
You shouldn't be punished for something you done last season, it should be a fresh start each season.

The derby.

jae
18-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Was his appeal not a written one?
Maybe it was read by the SFA and they will reply by letter to Yogi / Hibs before anything is announced. :dunno:

Gala Foxes
18-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Maybe the SFA are just running their decision past Rangers and Celtic before they make the decision public - given how important Rangers & Celtic are to everything that goes on in the world this is surely only fair and understandable protocol. Will probably be discussed when the Scottish Football League join the meeting to decide which minute on Sunday :

(1) Rangers will get their penalties

(2) A St Mirren player will be sent off

(3) What reason a St Mirren goal will be disallowed for

Judas Iscariot
18-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Was his appeal not a written one?
Maybe it was read by the SFA and they will reply by letter to Yogi / Hibs before anything is announced. :dunno:

If it was a written appeal the GFA will have needed to hire someone to read it for them and report back :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2010, 07:53 AM
How did the appeal go? Did he win or lose?

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-03-2010, 09:36 AM
How did the appeal go? Did he win or lose?According to today's Sun Yogi lost his appeal. However, it wont take effect until next week, after the Yams/Ross County games!

hfc rd
18-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Heard that if he loses his appeal then the ban will start after the Ross County game this week.

hibee4life1983
18-03-2010, 04:11 PM
According to today's Sun Yogi lost his appeal. However, it wont take effect until next week, after the Yams/Ross County games!

Noooooo! Thats just pie, wtf is that all about, So in affect,
We wont have yogi for 6 of our last 9 games! Thats just shocking and poor play by the giblet heids at the sfa.
I might write to them with rage.

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Noooooo! Thats just pie, wtf is that all about, So in affect,
We wont have yogi for 6 of our last 9 games! Thats just shocking and poor play by the giblet heids at the sfa.
I might write to them with rage.

Would you not be better writing to them with paper, or possibly an email?:confused:

Bayern Bru
18-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Would you not be better writing to them with paper, or possibly an email?:confused:

Shurely writing to them with a pen would trump writing to them with paper, no?