PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Dingwall.

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 06:15 PM
As it says is there any pubs in Dingwall, and if so does anyone know what one is close to the ground, maybe the 20 fans that are going up could meet up somewhere for a sing song.:thumbsup::notworthy::hnet:

Barney McGrew
15-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like there's a few (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=Dingwall&show_comments=5)

Riordans Boots
15-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Looks like there's a few (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=Dingwall&show_comments=5)

Aye, check out the ratings :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
15-03-2010, 06:31 PM
By Road: If you were in a road vehicle maintaining an average speed of 40mph (64 kmh), it would take you approximately 3.1 hours to travel from Edinburgh to Dingwall

Piece of cake...up there for 5 ish, several beers, cheese and ham toastie..Ross County 1 Hibernian 3...sleep all the way hame and make work no probs the following day!

totalfootball
15-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Aye there afew but the closest one is the mallard its less than a 2 minute walk to the stadium! Also I would recommend not parking at the stadium car parkas it will take forever to get out! for anyone driving when you get in to Dingwall you will come to traffic lights, you go straight through them ant then its your first right and then you will come to a junction where you go right again and then straight over a bridge and the stadium is there, very easy to find! I would suggest after you go through the lights to not take the first right and drive on about 50 yards and take a right there is a large free car park there and it should be a lot easier and quicker than parking at the stadium, hope that is of some help!

As it says is there any pubs in Dingwall, and if so does anyone know what one is close to the ground, maybe the 20 fans that are going up could meet up somewhere for a sing song.:thumbsup::notworthy::hnet:

Riordans Boots
15-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Just checked this and thinking about staying over night. Can we get a crowd??

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv00195w/hotel-reservations/89841_tulloch-castle-dingwall-nr-inverness.aspx

McHibby
15-03-2010, 07:21 PM
The Mallard, which is right next to the train station, is a good pub and a very short walk from Victoria Park.

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Aye there afew but the closest one is the mallard its less than a 2 minute walk to the stadium! Also I would recommend not parking at the stadium car parkas it will take forever to get out! for anyone driving when you get in to Dingwall you will come to traffic lights, you go straight through them ant then its your first right and then you will come to a junction where you go right again and then straight over a bridge and the stadium is there, very easy to find! I would suggest after you go through the lights to not take the first right and drive on about 50 yards and take a right there is a large free car park there and it should be a lot easier and quicker than parking at the stadium, hope that is of some help!

Cheers for that.:thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
15-03-2010, 09:44 PM
When up for the U19's cup game last year we tried the Mallard but no food on that late that night, tried another place then ended up in a boozer on the high street [can't remember name] with a single pool table and had a great crack with all the locals in there.

PS - after the game Ross County laid on the best home-made soup ever for the U19's and us! Really good set-up there - groundsman is a hoot too.

Wrap up VERY warm however - I can honestly say I have *never* been so cold anywhere in my entire life! :agree:

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 11:17 PM
So for those that are making the trip up to Dingwall for the game, what pubs are wee going too for a wee drink or two before the game, i am leaving at 2 o'clock to get up there nice and early and have a few beers.:cheers: :thumbsup:

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Sod the pubs, does anyone know of any sturdy trees that will take the weight of me and my rope should the worst happen :faf:

Ginger Gehagan
20-03-2010, 11:23 PM
So for those that are making the trip up to Dingwall for the game, what pubs are wee going too for a wee drink or two before the game, i am leaving at 2 o'clock to get up there nice and early and have a few beers.:cheers: :thumbsup:

Never mind a wee drink!!! I'm nervous as **** already, I've not been pissed at a game since we got beat in off the sheep in the scottish cup semi in 2000. Think I will be this time tho. :cheers::cheers:

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Sod the pubs, does anyone know of any sturdy trees that will take the weight of me and my rope should the worst happen :faf:

:faf::faf:

Toaods
21-03-2010, 12:20 AM
friend of a friend used to play for Ross County and the story goes they all drink/hung out in Inverness (Johnny Foxes)

silverhibee
22-03-2010, 04:06 PM
So is anybody going for a drink in Dingwall before the game, and if so what pub seems the best for the Hibby's going up.:thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
22-03-2010, 04:32 PM
So is anybody going for a drink in Dingwall before the game, and if so what pub seems the best for the Hibby's going up.:thumbsup:

We're going up on the Edinburgh West bus....leaving Edinburgh at 1.30...dinnae ken about drinking plans though

Carheenlea
22-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Slightly off topic, but my mate informs me that Dingwall still has a Wimpy Burger Bar!

Did not realise they still exist, might roll back the years and treat myself to one before the game...:greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Slightly off topic, but my mate informs me that Dingwall still has a Wimpy Burger Bar!

Did not realise they still exist, might roll back the years and treat myself to one before the game...:greengrin

Complete with jukebox no doubt, containing all the latest hit records :greengrin

greenlex
22-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Complete with jukebox no doubt, containing all the latest records from the Hit Parade :greengrin
A wee edit John. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-03-2010, 05:19 PM
A wee edit John. :greengrin

Cheers A :thumbsup:

I understand the Swinging Blue Jeans are the most popular pick at the mo :greengrin

Jumbo
22-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Cheers A :thumbsup:

I understand the Swinging Blue Jeans are the most popular pick at the mo :greengrin

Are they one of those new beat bands tha Fluff Freeman plays all the time ? :greengrin

greenlex
22-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Are they one of those new beat bands tha Fluff Freeman plays all the time ? :greengrin
:agree: Not arff!!

Jonnyboy
22-03-2010, 05:36 PM

The very same :agree:

Makes all those pop-pickers happy :greengrin

caithnesshibee
22-03-2010, 05:48 PM

It sure does, although Wimpy is pretty rotten. Best place for a pint is definatley The Mallard but its not very big and will be full in no time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Any updates for this thread? What time do the boozers in Dingwall close at?

Hermit Crab
29-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Any updates for this thread? What time do the boozers in Dingwall close at?

Inverness not a better bet for a late drink?

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Inverness not a better bet for a late drink?

Staying in a b&b outside Dingwall Station.

WHUHibs
29-01-2013, 10:17 PM

I will be there at 6 with my gorgeous Emma,,,so a pub would be welcome,,,let me know where you guys are meeting! Also if Hutchy is meeting as well!:greengrin

down-the-slope
29-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Just checked this and thinking about staying over night. Can we get a crowd??

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv00195w/hotel-reservations/89841_tulloch-castle-dingwall-nr-inverness.aspx

4 poster bed for 2 with breakfast £95 :greengrin....are you offering to share :aok:

JohnStephens91
30-01-2013, 09:01 AM
It's all about Dea's Bakery, cracking pies and amazing cakes :drool:

reidy
30-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Nearly there but instead of a pub anyone recommend a good chippy?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I think The Mallard will be my first port of call at about 1730

Part/Time Supporter
30-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Staying in a b&b outside Dingwall Station.

There's a pub in the station.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Aye, The Mallard!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2013, 06:23 PM
A dozen in the pub so far!