PDA

View Full Version : We should welcome the fight!

col02
15-03-2010, 04:42 PM
This place is one morbid God forsaken place at the moment is it not? Still in the mix for third place in the league and after the shambles of Saturday somehow still in the cup. We expect the players to be up for the fight yet there are so many fans who have to all intent and purposes chucked the towel in already. Next few games are the ones that will define our season not the first 20 or so when things were going good and all the support were backing the club. A bit belief goes a long way especially when morale is low we as a collective support should try supporting some time least then there is no excuses if we tried our best and so did the team!

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:52 PM
This place is one morbid God forsaken place at the moment is it not? Still in the mix for third place in the league and after the shambles of Saturday somehow still in the cup. We expect the players to be up for the fight yet there are so many fans who have to all intent and purposes chucked the towel in already. Next few games are the ones that will define our season not the first 20 or so when things were going good and all the support were backing the club. A bit belief goes a long way especially when morale is low we as a collective support should try supporting some time least then there is no excuses if we tried our best and so did the team!

I respect your sentiments. Yes, we're still in there, but only by the skin of our teeth, and unless there is a drastic change of attitude and tactics, this promising season will completely disintegrate into just another season of making the top 6 and our traditional Scottish cup let-down. The important thing is that we back the lads on the day, and do most of our moaning at night on our beloved site. As for morale, this is something only the players and Yogi can generate among themselves. We supporters can play a part on the day by encouraging at all times, but when things are going against us, it's all too easy to get sucked into a catch 22 where neither supporter or player tries as hard as they could.

hibs0666
15-03-2010, 05:08 PM
This place is one morbid God forsaken place at the moment is it not?
Yup - all the defeatist crap is probably the single biggest reason for our ongoing failures. Is it any wonder that we do not get over the winning line when we do not believe we are capable of doing so?

Mikey
15-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Yup - all the defeatist crap is probably the single biggest reason for our ongoing failures. Is it any wonder that we do not get over the winning line when we do not believe we are capable of doing so?

You wonder if the people with that attitude have actually done anything with their lives, or do they just give up on that too. If you're beat before you start you won't get very far.

hibs0666
15-03-2010, 05:20 PM
You wonder if the people with that attitude have actually done anything with their lives, or do they just give up on that too. If you're beat before you start you won't get very far.

Hibs supporters love nothing better than a good outporing of vitriol onto their team - seems to be part of the DNA unfortunately.

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Your challenge , should you accept it, is to find a new way for Hibs to humiliate themselves in the Scottish Cup.

Here is your starter for 10 - when was the last time Hibs lost a Scottish Cup tie in Dingwall. Thinking caps on, as it may be a great assistance in your quest.

Hainan Hibs
15-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd welcome the fight if I knew there were 11 players willing to do the same. Unfortunately we don't have that.

Great chance of 3rd and have at least an equally good if not better side than Motherwell and UTD.

Good chance of progressing in the SC and earning a trip to Hampden against a Celtic team we've beat on their own patch.

Will our team put up a fight and achieve something? I hope they find some desire from somewhere and achieve what they have the potential to.

BEEJ
15-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Ah, it's all our fault. Now I understand. :greengrin Perhaps we should play closed door matches from now until the end of the season and see if that remedies Hibs problems in yielding the midfield so readily to our opponents?

This place is one morbid God forsaken place at the moment is it not? Still in the mix for third place in the league and after the shambles of Saturday somehow still in the cup. We expect the players to be up for the fight yet there are so many fans who have to all intent and purposes chucked the towel in already.
And is the stirring, positive rhetoric from some posters, coupled with dods of abuse thrown at the doubters, likely to make any difference?

You well know why there's so much whining on the board just now - it's because this is shaping up to be yet another disappointing season finale after a promising first half to the campaign.

It's not the odd 'blip' of a result or even the most recent tragic display on Saturday. It's the consistently poor level of team performance since the match at Parkhead, brought about largely by the way in which the team is being set-up.

It's not the moaners that you should be most worried about. It's the many, many more you quietly shrug and accept the recent downturn in form, because "It's Hibs and it's that time of year again. Let's face it, we'll always be the same. Ho hum!" They're the ones looking for other things to do with their Saturdays now - because they've seen it all before.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Ah, it's all our fault. Now I understand. :greengrin Perhaps we should play closed door matches from now until the end of the season and see if that remedies Hibs problems in yielding the midfield so readily to our opponents?

And is the stirring, positive rhetoric from some posters, coupled with dods of abuse thrown at the doubters, likely to make any difference?

You well know why there's so much whining on the board just now - it's because this is shaping up to be yet another disappointing season finale after a promising first half to the campaign.

It's not the odd 'blip' of a result or even the most recent tragic display on Saturday. It's the consistently poor level of team performance since the match at Parkhead, brought about largely by the way in which the team is being set-up.

It's not the moaners that you should be most worried about. It's the many, many more you quietly shrug and accept the recent downturn in form, because "It's Hibs and it's that time of year again. Let's face it, we'll always be the same. Ho hum!" They're the ones looking for other things to do with their Saturdays now - because they've seen it all before.

Good post and reasoning:agree:

bawheid
15-03-2010, 07:59 PM

:agree: I'm not sure how some folk on here face each new morning.

bawheid
15-03-2010, 08:02 PM

It's not so much the moaners...there has been plenty to moan about recently.

What gets me is the number of invertibrates that are absolutely sh*tting themselves about a trip to Dingwall to play Ross County.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 08:13 PM

What gets me is the number of invertibrates that are absolutely sh*tting themselves about a trip to Dingwall to play Ross County.

I for one am not sh****** myself about a trip to Ross County. But I am realistic enough to know that on current form and on last Saturdays performance, Ross County will beat us. I for one do not want to be correct in predicting a County victory. This is not defeatist, but a logical conclusion. The team that is more hungry, commited and passionate tends to win. Hibs by the same token can win the replay. Whether the players believe this and give their all is another thing.

BEEJ
15-03-2010, 08:15 PM

I put that down to fear of failure stemming from historical precedent. :greengrin

bawheid
15-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Hibs by the same token can win the replay. Whether the players believe this and give their all is another thing.

Why should they when a good section of the fans have already thrown the towel in?

Hibby70
15-03-2010, 08:29 PM
getting celtc in the draw probably takes the heat off a bit, imagine the pressure to win in dingwall had the winners got raith. I've always said that if we are to win the cup it will be against the old firm we'd do it. Too much pressure otherwise. Win in dingwall, beat celtc then the huns in the final. Difficult difficult lemon difficult as malcom would say.

hibs0666
15-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I for one am not sh****** myself about a trip to Ross County. But I am realistic enough to know that on current form and on last Saturdays performance, Ross County will beat us. I for one do not want to be correct in predicting a County victory. This is not defeatist, but a logical conclusion. The team that is more hungry, commited and passionate tends to win. Hibs by the same token can win the replay. Whether the players believe this and give their all is another thing.

Of course it's defeatist.

hibs0666
15-03-2010, 09:06 PM

Not our fault. However, we as Hibs fans sorely lack that burning ambition to achieve and a winning mentality.