PDA

View Full Version : I want 3rd and at least the semi-finals

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:08 PM
We have the players, if not the collective resolve or mentality. I am sickened to see both Dundee United and Motherwell leap frog us and look like world beaters, whilst our team of misfits dish out more heartache, and fall behind and into 5th after such a commanding position over our rivals of points, goal difference and games in hand. I am also infuriated to see Yogi refuse to address the issues dogging both our midfield and defence. How many times do we have to concede/surrender midfield to the opposition before he actually spots a pattern? We need blood and guts performances from here until the end of the season, and not half-hearted/disinterested/apathetic showings.
Like I say: I want 3rd and at least the semi-finals. This is not being ambitious. this is the least I expect from this season.
End of rant:grr:

Hibs Class
15-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree that third place and cup semi should now be minimum expectation.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2010, 04:14 PM
:bitchy:

I want gets nothing.

hibsbollah
15-03-2010, 04:29 PM
'infuriated'? 'sickened'? Are you actually, literally 'sickened' just because Well and Arabs have gone ahead of us in the league:confused:

Its Hibs, remember.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:32 PM
'infuriated'? 'sickened'? Are you actually, literally 'sickened' just because Well and Arabs have gone ahead of us in the league:confused:

Its Hibs, remember.

Yes to both. And yes, I know it's Hibs and we have failed to win anything for nearly 97% of our history, but I can only focus on the present, and at present, we are performing poorly. We have greater resources than our two main rivals and yet we have conspired to let our commanding position slip away and are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.

K.Marx
15-03-2010, 04:46 PM
are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.

I dont see how us moaning and hounding the team is going to help improve this though. I too thought saturday was a joke but its past now, We've got a derby on sat so lets get behind the team and hope for a decent result :flag::flag::flag:

hibsbollah
15-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes to both. And yes, I know it's Hibs and we have failed to win anything for nearly 97% of our history, but I can only focus on the present, and at present, we are performing poorly. We have greater resources than our two main rivals and yet we have conspired to let our commanding position slip away and are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.

Sorry but I feel the lack of perspective on this board recently is just laughable. Its either triumph or disaster from week to week. We must be the most hysterical, melodramatic drama queens in football.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I dont see how us moaning and hounding the team is going to help improve this though. I too thought saturday was a joke but its past now, We've got a derby on sat so lets get behind the team and hope for a decent result :flag::flag::flag:

I for one never hound or boo my team, irrespective of how they are performing. I save all my real moaning for this site.

Sudds_1
15-03-2010, 04:55 PM
:bitchy:

I want gets nothing.

I don't want us to win the replay

I don't want us to win the semi

I don't want us to win the cup

I don't want us to finish third

I want to be a Yam.

:devil:

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry but I feel the lack of perspective on this board recently is just laughable. Its either triumph or disaster from week to week. We must be the most hysterical, melodramatic drama queens in football.

I'm actually smiling at your last sentence. There is a truth in there somewhere. This is what makes us football supporters.

Rory89
15-03-2010, 05:08 PM

Haha you were literally sickened aye? This makes me assume one of these 3 statements is true about you:

1) You care about Hibs so much that their failures actually make you ill.

2) You have a strangely weak stomach.

Or more realistically:

3) You are one of the growing list of people who don't know the appropriate use of the word literally. You probably go round saying you're literally on top of the world right now, or tell someone off by saying they're literally on very thin ice.

HibeeMG
15-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Haha you were literally sickened aye? This makes me assume one of these 3 statements is true about you:

1) You care about Hibs so much that their failures actually make you ill.

2) You have a strangely weak stomach.

Or more realistically:

3) You are one of the growing list of people who don't know the appropriate use of the word literally. You probably go round saying you're literally on top of the world right now, or tell someone off by saying they're literally on very thin ice.

And you sound like the type of person who takes everything literally.

If someone says something's on the TV do you look on the top of the big box in the corner?

God knows what you do when you 'hail a taxi'! Do you get down on the ground paying homage to it?

The guy is obviously p'd off with losing ground in the league considering that European football was looking like a certainty for most of the season. Give him a break.

JimBHibees
15-03-2010, 05:48 PM

About the size of it, famine or feast, one week we can compete with the OF, next we are the worst team on the planet.

Disco Dave
15-03-2010, 05:49 PM

:top marks

hibsbollah
15-03-2010, 05:50 PM

If someone says something's on the TV do you look on the top of the big box in the corner?

God knows what you do when you 'hail a taxi'! Do you get down on the ground paying homage to it?

The guy is obviously p'd off with losing ground in the league considering that European football was looking like a certainty for most of the season. Give him a break.

He's saying he's 'sickened' that we've slipped just behind two other teams into 5th with 10 games or so left and Europe still a strong possibility. If this sickens you, how do you cope with the Livvy final? or the 4-0 Semi in the 86th minute when you're the only Hibby left in your row and 25,000 yams are singing OTHAG at you?

HibeeMG
15-03-2010, 06:05 PM
He's saying he's 'sickened' that we've slipped just behind two other teams into 5th with 10 games or so left and Europe still a strong possibility. If this sickens you, how do you cope with the Livvy final? or the 4-0 Semi in the 86th minute when you're the only Hibby left in your row and 25,000 yams are singing OTHAG at you?

I understand what you're saying and the guy (as we all were) was devastated at those times. I just didn't see the need to pull him up on his choice of word to describe how he's feeling.

At least his post was grammatically correct because if it wasn't then I wouldn't be so kind to him!

Rory89
15-03-2010, 06:27 PM

No I don't take everything literally, I'm sure I've said something sickens me when it hasn't physically made me sick. You're right I am being pedantic, it's just a pet hate of mine when people say something is literally this or that when it isn't.

I'll happily let people's mistakes slide most of the time, but the other day a girl I live with was telling her friend that this club was literally 2 seconds from the flat, and this strange part of my brain had to explain that it was in fact literally 10 minutes away.

What can I say I'm a bellend.

Hibs Class
15-03-2010, 06:57 PM
No I don't take everything literally, I'm sure I've said something sickens me when it hasn't physically made me sick. You're right I am being pedantic, it's just a pet hate of mine when people say something is literally this or that when it isn't.

I'll happily let people's mistakes slide most of the time, but the other day a girl I live with was telling her friend that this club was literally 2 seconds from the flat, and this strange part of my brain had to explain that it was in fact literally 10 minutes away.

Literally?

1875godsgift
15-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Literally?
I must say that made me laugh! :thumbsup:

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 07:18 PM

At least you're being honest in saying that you are being pedantic. I will leave others to decide whether you're a bellend. I personally don't resort to petty name calling and try to stick to the actual topic.

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 08:57 PM
About the size of it, famine or feast, one week we can compete with the OF, next we are the worst team on the planet.

2nd worst behind Hearts.:agree: