H18sry
15-03-2010, 02:13 PM
To be shown on sky next wednesday :wink:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
15-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Good luck Utd. Cheats should never win!

DavieRoy
15-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Sky will show Celtic v Hibernian/Ross County in the Semi-Final on Saturday 10th April with a 12.15pm kick off.

If Hibs get through I wonder how many fans we will take as many part timers use the 12.15pm kick off and tv coverage as excuses not to go despite it being a big Semi-Final.

We need to get there first of course.

MichelleHibs
15-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Sky will show Celtic v Hibernian/Ross County in the Semi-Final on Saturday 10th April with a 12.15pm kick off.

If Hibs get through I wonder how many fans we will take as many part timers use the 12.15pm kick off and tv coverage as excuses not to go despite it being a big Semi-Final.

if its county that go through bet they'll take a gd support despite the early ko!! :devil:

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Are the BBC showing our replay?

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Are the BBC showing our replay?

don't think the bbc have got a replay in their contract,so get yer arse to the game:greengrin

DavieRoy
15-03-2010, 02:37 PM
don't think the bbc have got a replay in their contract,so get yer arse to the game:greengrin

Correct.

The Scottish Cup contract goes like this:

Sky get one game per round plus one replay per round.

BBC get two matches plus the Final (as the Final has to be shown on terrestrial tv by law) also they get extended highlights of 3 matches per round along with goal clips to the other games.

It changes next season, more games will be televised in the Scottish Cup. The BBC will get one game per round plus one replay per round but both are second picks to Sky who get first shout.

LamontHFC©
15-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Is this confirmed?

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 02:49 PM
lets worry about getting through first before we think of semi finals:agree:

Broken Gnome
15-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Is this confirmed?

If so I confidently predict no more than 13k.

DavieRoy
15-03-2010, 02:50 PM
lets worry about getting through first before we think of semi finals:agree:

Exactly.

MussyHibby
15-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Exactly.

Yeah, but tsome of us have to make arrangements for that day :confused:

12.15 suits me but I couldn't do 3pm! :grr:

Be nice to know.:agree:

HibbyKeith
15-03-2010, 02:57 PM
bs that the same teams get tv money twice in the same round.

Joe Baker II
15-03-2010, 03:25 PM

That is a bit harsh. I have just taken 2 days off to go to Dingwall next week which I think the average part-timer would not do!

But I object to kick off times earler than 2pm and do not even go to ER for such games now, if club want to shaft supporters in return for cash why do they deserve support? And realise it is not only Hibs that is guilty of this.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2010, 03:29 PM

This is on Sky text (page 220) showing this as a "Live" game on Saturday 10 that 12.15pm KO.

Wee Scottie Dug
15-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Sat 10 Tottenham v Arsenal (12.45pm)
12.00pm Premier League
Sat 10 Celtic v Hibs or Ross County (12.15pm) TBC Scottish Cup
Sat 10 TBC v TBC (7.00pm)
7.00pm La Liga
Sat 10 TBC v TBC (7.00pm)
9.00pm La Liga

The only thing to be confirmed is the Channel that will show it ...... according to the SKY website (live football bit) ........ :cool2:

DavieRoy
15-03-2010, 04:00 PM
That is a bit harsh. I have just taken 2 days off to go to Dingwall next week which I think the average part-timer would not do!

But I object to kick off times earler than 2pm and do not even go to ER for such games now, if club want to shaft supporters in return for cash why do they deserve support? And realise it is not only Hibs that is guilty of this.

The Scottish Cup contract is the responsibility of the SFA and nothing to do with clubs shafting anyone. The SFA sell the TV rights to a media marketing company who then sell on the rights to Sky and BBC Scotland. They then decide kick-off times which has to consider factors such as the police who have a big say in when a game will be played. The TV companies would probably prefer later kick-off's but the police and UEFA rules (on a Saturday) prevent that. The SPL deal is different, the clubs do have a say in that although not necessarily kick-off times.

What I meant re the support for any potential semi-final is that it will be a big game and regardless if you go every week, occasionally or very rarely this is the sort of game that supporters should be going to.

I still think back to 2006 when we failed to sell our allocation against 'them' for a massive Derby Semi-Final but bigger supports have gone to other Finals and Semi's. Some of the reasons I got from no show fans in 2006 were kick off times and TV coverage.

Don't get me wrong, some people have to work, others can't afford it, no doubt some live far away or abroad that they can't make it, I understand that, but just because the game is 12.15pm (which is annoying) and on TV, I feel is a poor excuse not to go to a big game be it a Semi-Final this year or any year.

No doubt TV coverage is a factor because in 2005 against Dundee United it was a Saturday 3pm, and we had as many or more than we had against Hearts in 2006. Dunfermline in 2007 was a Sunday 3pm with no live TV coverage and we took a fair number although a lot of people that were at the LC Final a month earlier were missing from the Dunfermline game, don't know why?