PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hull manager Brown put on gardening leave

hibee_girl
15-03-2010, 11:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm

J-C
15-03-2010, 11:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm)

In other words oot the door very soon, lost the dressing room I think.

Mag7
15-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't understand the reference to gardening leave. Why not just say sacked? Or has he really been re-assigned to gardening duties and therefore still employed by the club? Seem to remember that Lithuanian guy who managed Hearts for a while (so many managers there I can't actually remember his name) got put on 'gardening leave' and never re-appeared. Maybe he liked the new role so much he's still working somewhere like the Botanics?

Cod Boy
15-03-2010, 03:06 PM
has craig bellamy gave him a job

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 03:10 PM
A year ago he was being touted for every job under the sun.

iwasthere1972
15-03-2010, 03:13 PM
In other words oot the door very soon, lost the dressing room I think.

Think he lost the dressing room last season when he sat them down on the pitch at half time and ripped into them. Never been the same since.

What was the story with the W.I. by the way?

J-C
15-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Think he lost the dressing room last season when he sat them down on the pitch at half time and ripped into them. Never been the same since.

What was the story with the W.I. by the way?

Had his players out somewhere doing some training and a couple of them, Bullard was one, started fighting, WI was doing a rally nearby and it all got a bit ugly, he had to apologise to them for it.

iwasthere1972
15-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Had his players out somewhere doing some training and a couple of them, Bullard was one, started fighting, WI was doing a rally nearby and it all got a bit ugly, he had to apologise to them for it.

Cheers.

Hope Bullard and co didn't throw the W.I's cakes into the Humber.

Cod Boy
15-03-2010, 03:24 PM

bullard and nick barmby were boxing

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Barmby and Bullard had a pagger in a public park.

davemcbain
15-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't understand the reference to gardening leave. Why not just say sacked? Or has he really been re-assigned to gardening duties and therefore still employed by the club?

Gardening leave means still employed by the club and still paid a wage for a period before which you will disappear.

Usually used in business when someone is planning to move to the competition to give the business time to move on before you give their opposition all of the current secrets.

Effectively he's gone, but no-one else can touch him for a while.

Obviously Hull have a master plan to avoid relegation and they don't want the likes of Burnley finding it before the summer. (wonder if it involves being less rubbish on the pitch?)

Musselbound
15-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't understand the reference to gardening leave. Why not just say sacked? Or has he really been re-assigned to gardening duties and therefore still employed by the club? Seem to remember that Lithuanian guy who managed Hearts for a while (so many managers there I can't actually remember his name) got put on 'gardening leave' and never re-appeared. Maybe he liked the new role so much he's still working somewhere like the Botanics?

Maybe it's another way of saying he has thrown in the trowel. :confused:

HibeeMG
15-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe it's another way of saying he has thrown in the trowel. :confused:

I nearly soiled my pants with that!

I'm sure Phil Brown will plant himself in front of the telly for the duration. He'll probably watch Thatch of the Day!

I'll get my coat! :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
15-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I think there may be mower to this than meets the eye.

lapsedhibee
15-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I think there may be mower to this than meets the eye.:agree: Someone needs to roundup all the facts.

Barney McGrew
15-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Someone needs to roundup all the facts.

Weed be better to wait for the full story :agree:

lapsedhibee
15-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Weed be better to wait for the full story :agree::agree: A Brown binned plot of one variety or another.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-03-2010, 07:02 PM
The assistant manager is now in charge and is wanting to stamp his authourity on things. He wants the players to sign up to the Brian Horto[n]Culture.

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Bit surprised by this actually, i don't think he done that bad a job at Hull.

johnrebus
15-03-2010, 07:55 PM
His approach was too down to earth, kept on calling a spade a spade...........,

Some rocky times ahead for the Tigers, I'm afraid.

Mind you the grass is always greener on the other side.

Maybe someone can patch up the side?

Or make a mountain out of a molehill?

Ah'll get ma coat.

:rolleyes:

wpj
15-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Sacked Phil Brown, strange timing?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/mar/15/phil-brown-hull-city