PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get back to supporting the team!

Keith_M
15-03-2010, 10:54 AM
OK, let's get past the argument bit. Yes, I'm also disappointed at both results and performances recently, neither have been good enough. I've no desire to re-hash the same arguments from numerous other threads.

My point is, when their team is struggling, some supports actually get behind the team and try to drive them on. It's often said that football is very much a confidence sport. That is, it's amazing the difference the results and performances can be between a team that has confidence and one where the individuals are too nervous to even try anything adventurous. The current Hibs side looks very much like the latter.

Would it be possible for us as Hibs 'supporters' to at tleast try to give the team backing when things are tough, and see how much that helps? Football isn't like other entertainment industries, where you pay your money and sit on your hands and wait to be entertained. We actually have the opportunity to play our, admittedly small, part by driving the team on.

Please, let's start actually being the fabled 12th man.

:flag:

Mikey
15-03-2010, 10:55 AM
:top marks

Chuck Rhoades
15-03-2010, 10:55 AM
OK, let's get past the argument bit. Yes, I'm also disappointed at both results and performances recently, neither have been good enough. I've no desire to re-hash the same arguments from numerous other threads.

My point is, when their team is struggling, some supports actually get behind the team and try to drive them on. It's often said that football is very much a confidence sport. That is, it's amazing the difference the results and performances can be between a team that has confidence and one where the individuals are too nervous to even try anything adventurous. The current Hibs side looks very much like the latter.

Would it be possible for us as Hibs 'supporters' to at tleast try to give the team backing when things are tough, and see how much that helps? Football isn't like other entertainment industries, where you pay your money and sit on your hands and wait to be entertained. We actually have the opportunity to play our, admittedly small, part by driving the team on.

Here, here!

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Great opening post, i think the fans will have a massive bearing on the outcome of the remainder of the season.

Lets get right behind the team and see where it takes us!

Brooster
15-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Totally agree keekaboo, the team need us more than ever now so lets get right behind them. Its not very often we are still competing for a European place on 2 fronts at this stage of the season.

The thing that really does my head in about this forum is the amount of folk who cant even be ersed going along to support the team but feel the need to come on here and slag them to bits.

Diclonius
15-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Nah, don't be silly. Criticising them is more fun!

Isn't that the point of being a football supporter?

:bitchy:

down-the-slope
15-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I totally agree..its wierd that Alan Preston has enjoyed Hibs games recently more than a large number of 'fans'

MrSmith
15-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Here, here! I agree completely! after what we have put up with in th last 25years...lets do what we have always done best:

SUPPORTING HIBS!

:notworthy:

ronaldo7
15-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Starting on Saturday:notworthy::jamboak:

judas
15-03-2010, 01:01 PM

With respect, I think you are confused.

Most of us never stopped supporting the team.

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Come saturday I'll be cheering as much as anyone, I just better not get let down :devil:

Gatecrasher
15-03-2010, 01:11 PM

:top marks agree 100% whether folk will do this is another matter though

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I cant remember when we last supported the team properly?

IWasThere2016
15-03-2010, 01:15 PM

CIS Cup Final?

MountcastleHibs
15-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Brilliant post mate. I'm not liking this arguing amongst the fans, or the seemingly continuous slating of the team. Let's get behind the boys, starting from this saturday at the PBS... I have no doubt we'll play a big part and Yogi will have the lads fired up. Mon the Hibees.

iwasthere1972
15-03-2010, 01:18 PM

:top marks Some folk find it easier to moan and shout at the players than givie them their backing and vocal support. About time things changed and EVERYONE backed the players especially when things are not going to plan.

Players know when they haven't played well either as individuals or as a team and don't need us to tell them.

Rant over.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2010, 01:20 PM
CIS Cup Final?

too true G. We're just a bunch of glory hunters :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 01:34 PM
CIS Cup Final?

Yip, and how we did, and how the team responded. I wonder how we'd have done if this lot were giving it large, as they are now?

IWasThere2016
15-03-2010, 01:36 PM
too true G. We're just a bunch of glory hunters :greengrin

:greengrin

Yip, and how we did, and how the team responded. I wonder how we'd have done if this lot were giving it large, as they are now?

Aye - good football helps too. I still wasnae relaxed until 5-1 though! :greengrin

The_Horde
15-03-2010, 01:38 PM
If some people used their lungs for singing instead of throwing verbal at players nowhere near the ball we could generate quite some noise. :agree:

Tollhouse Hibee
15-03-2010, 01:45 PM
If some people used their lungs for singing instead of throwing verbal at players nowhere near the ball we could generate quite some noise. :agree:

Also if the club were to play hibs songs etc before the match rather than the pish they tend to play it might generate some more atmosphere

Alex Trager
15-03-2010, 02:04 PM

My point exactly

Golden Bear
15-03-2010, 02:20 PM

:agree:

We should be looking for a refund from yon sports psychology fellah that Yogi hired not so long ago.

If his message did get across then it was short lived. Either that or the players were asleep when he was giving his talk - the same as what they do on a Saturday afternoon in fact.

:wink:

RIP
15-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Great post

And everyone who verbally abuses a Hibs player should get a kick in the teeth :thumbsup:

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 07:35 PM
With respect, I think you are confused.

Most of us never stopped supporting the team.

If supporting the team involves slating them constantly then i agree.:greengrin

bubblesmorrison
15-03-2010, 07:40 PM

celtic park n hibs won 2-1 that night sooo lets really get behind the team on saturday and tuseday i will be at both singing my heart out mon the hibees

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 07:44 PM
The thing that really does my head in about this forum is the amount of folk who cant even be ersed going along to support the team but feel the need to come on here and slag them to bits.

Oh, I see, is it a case of only those that attend every match that you think should contribute to these forums?
What about the many handicapped that can't make games, or the many thousands that simply can't afford to watch their team play but who want to contribute something so they can still feel part of the Hibernian family? Is it acceptable to not attend games but come on Hibsnet and praise Hibs? Or is it only those that slate performances?Everybody is entitled to come onto Hibsnet and contribute. It's not an exclusive site and belongs to everyone and anyone, irrespective of whether you go to a game all the time, some of the time, or none of the time.

Alex Trager
15-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Totally agree keekaboo, the team need us more than ever now so lets get right behind them. Its not very often we are still competing for a European place on 2 fronts at this stage of the season.

I wrote this weeks ago and was slaughtered

Brooster
15-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh, I see, is it a case of only those that attend every match that you think should contribute to these forums?
What about the many handicapped that can't make games, or the many thousands that simply can't afford to watch their team play but who want to contribute something so they can still feel part of the Hibernian family? Is it acceptable to not attend games but come on Hibsnet and praise Hibs? Or is it only those that slate performances?Everybody is entitled to come onto Hibsnet and contribute. It's not an exclusive site and belongs to everyone and anyone, irrespective of whether you go to a game all the time, some of the time, or none of the time.

Read my quote again. Everyone is free contribute to the forum but I cant be bothered with folk who cant be ersed going to games coming on here and slagging the team.

Alex Trager
15-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Will we actually do this or are we just saying so?Even if we start songs on saturday and keep going the rest will catch on surely........

Why so big writing you ask,the reason being this point Sparks interest but never actually gets done

judas
15-03-2010, 07:58 PM
If supporting the team involves slating them constantly then i agree.:greengrin

Sure thing.

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 08:01 PM

:top marksgood post

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Brilliant post mate. I'm not liking this arguing amongst the fans, or the seemingly continuous slating of the team. Let's get behind the boys, starting from this saturday at the PBS... I have no doubt we'll play a big part and Yogi will have the lads fired up. Mon the Hibees.

100 percent spot on guys
C'mon the cabbage :flag::flag::flag::flag:

bubblesmorrison
15-03-2010, 08:09 PM

i think the guys first point is really true how can fans say the teams been playing crap based on what they have heard from others and seen the clips on telly?