PDA

View Full Version : Derby in amsterdam

heretoday
15-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Derby in Amsterdam?

First time I've posted a frequent flier TV query. It feels good. Feel like a globetrotter.

I know. Every second bar's an Irish bar! No problem!

muz1875
15-03-2010, 10:46 AM
if you're near Liedseplein this place is decent...

http://www.satellitesportscafe.nl/web/index.php?location=home

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Derby in Amsterdam?

First time I've posted a frequent flier TV query. It feels good. Feel like a globetrotter.

If you are in any fit state to actually see the game while in amsterdam then you are a disgrace to hibby's everywhere :wink:

gstarbry1875
15-03-2010, 11:27 AM
My mates are going on Boogie on the Boat... I didn't want to go as couldn't miss the derby but over there just head to Teasers and watch it! if it's still open that is!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I remember watching the 2-2 game at ER when Gordon made that save from Jones in the final minute in a pub in Amsterdam, I'm sure it was The Globe Sports Bar.

Colonel_HFC
15-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I watched the last away Derby in this place:

http://www.thetara.com/location_.html

It's pretty central. I don't know if it clashes with any other big games but last time the guy was happy to put the game on and turn the sound up for us.

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Lot of British bars on the Zeedijk, offering a taste of Dutch culture to weekend visitors. Be sure to visit De Frijerie (1145 Singel) afterwards for a White Pudding supper. If it's shut Het Dijp Zee is an alternative in the Mercatoplein area.

(I made some of this up).:greengrin

xyz23jc
15-03-2010, 07:29 PM
If you are in any fit state to actually see the game while in amsterdam then you are a disgrace to hibby's everywhere :wink:

:faf::top marks:thumbsup: Kwality! And my sentiments exactly!

heretoday
16-03-2010, 01:26 PM

30 years ago I went to Amsterdam but don't remember anything about it for the above reasons! Now I have to plough a straight furrow. I'm with the wife and could well be bicycling around a flipping tulip field while the action is going on!

bighairyfaeleith
16-03-2010, 01:40 PM
30 years ago I went to Amsterdam but don't remember anything about it for the above reasons! Now I have to plough a straight furrow. I'm with the wife and could well be bicycling around a flipping tulip field while the action is going on!

:greengrin

Dr Jimmy
16-03-2010, 01:42 PM

Is that a euphemism.............:wink:

Andy74
16-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Derby in Amsterdam?

Coco's in Remprandstplein is your place. Nicer than your standard sports bars and have TVs all over the place where you can ask for your game of choice. They have all the Scottish games on and usually advertise them outside.

Have fun.

greenlex
16-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Derby in Amsterdam?

I really need to get my eyes tested. For a split second there I thought County wee in Administration. :cool2:

Andy74
16-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I really need to get my eyes tested. For a split second there I thought County wee in Administration. :cool2:

I thought the same!

heretoday
16-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Is that a euphemism.............:wink:

Well if you stretch a point I suppose! You'd need to have been toking some pretty strong stuff!