PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray shouting at fans?

SheriffLobo
15-03-2010, 09:01 AM
At the end of the game Ian seemed to be shouting at the fans on the way to the tunnel?

Anyone confirm what happened?

Someone i know sitting around there seems to think he shouted at some fans "**** off you d!cks"?

I am a big fan of Murray so hope this is not the case.

WellingtonHibby
15-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Why do you Hope not? Maybe the "fans" were being dicks...Ive seen plenty of these guys shouting out-of-order stuff at players at ER.

Cabbage East
15-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Not exactly unlikely given the massive, massive overreaction to the DRAW on Saturday. Folk booing when we were 2-1 up. Mental.

Hainan Hibs
15-03-2010, 09:12 AM
As a Hibs fan I'd hope Murray could see that the effort being out in by the majority of players was unacceptable given the importance of the game.

If the booing has got to them then good, it might give them a bit of fire.

Bayern Bru
15-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Someone called him a '******in' disgrace.' I think I'd probably have told the 'fan' where to go as well.

fiolex1
15-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I noticed that Stack had a bit verbal with someone in the Famous five stand, during the game.

GreenPJ
15-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Not exactly unlikely given the massive, massive overreaction to the DRAW on Saturday. Folk booing when we were 2-1 up. Mental.

Are you kidding? We were at home to a team from a lower league in the quarter final of a national cup that we have not won in far far far too long and there was no structure to the team and worst of all no fight in the second half. I don't care if we were 2-1 up it was plain that we were going to lose a goal at somepoint the way we were playing (or not).

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Someone called him a '******in' disgrace.' I think I'd probably have told the 'fan' where to go as well.

A lot of the fans recently have been a ****in disgrace, how fans think berating the players during the game helps them, is beyond me. If fans think its ok to have a go during the match at players, then they deserve to have a go back at any time they like.

Saying that, i feel Ian Murrays form has dipped in the last few weeks, along with a few other i may add, but that still does not make it right to slaughter him, and the others.

Fans should try supporting the team, i know its a novel idea, but it might just help.:bitchy:

hibee4life1983
15-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Shut up, we gripe why cant he???

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Are you kidding? We were at home to a team from a lower league in the quarter final of a national cup that we have not won in far far far too long and there was no structure to the team and worst of all no fight in the second half. I don't care if we were 2-1 up it was plain that we were going to lose a goal at somepoint the way we were playing (or not).

Did Rangers get booed yesterday? I only heard bits and bobs on the radio but I'd imagine they'd have got a hard time after losing a 3-1 lead?

Leith Green
15-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Called him personally a disgrace? Or the teams persformance in general a disgrace?

We had just been out fought and dominated in large spells at home by a first division side, if folk feel like venting their frustrations then what is the problem? Not one player applauded the fans at full time, they couldnt wait to get down the tunnel

At least these supporters bothered to turn up and pay good money on top of season tickets and all the other home cup games to support the club on Saturday...

Maybe Murray and the other players need to have a look closer to home before taking the huff with angry and let down fans...

Bayern Bru
A lot of the fans recently have been a ****in disgrace, how fans think berating the players during the game helps them, is beyond me. If fans think its ok to have a go during the match at players, then they deserve to have a go back at any time they like.

Saying that, i feel Ian Murrays form has dipped in the last few weeks, along with a few other i may add, but that still does not make it right to slaughter him, and the others.

Fans should try supporting the team, i know its a novel idea, but it might just help.:bitchy:

Yep. I'm no stranger to having a go a player for making a basic error on occasion, like the rest of us I presume, but as has been noted repeatedly on this board, some people turn up and don't stop screaming abuse until they're on their way home. I'm sure if I was a player I'd want the fans to try and help me find previous form, if it had taken a dip. Still think Nishy's reaction to that 'fan' at Tannadice that time sums it all up.

There was a group of 4 or 5 'fans' screaming dog's abuse at the players as they came off, telling them all to 'get to ******' and that they were '******in' useless,' that sort of thing. Couldn't believe it.

Phil MaGlass
Not in defence of the fans but could it just be the pressure of not winning the cup for another year going through the minds of the fans adding to the atmosphere? The fans are on edge, the players are getting it in the neck any small mistake will be jumped on.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 09:51 AM

It was embarrassing on Saturday IMO - the desperation just took over.

All the negativity from the stands must get through to the players.

Bayern Bru
15-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Called him personally a disgrace? Or the teams persformance in general a disgrace?

We had just been out fought and dominated in large spells at home by a first division side, if folk feel like venting their frustrations then what is the problem? Not one player applauded the fans at full time, they couldnt wait to get down the tunnel

At least these supporters bothered to turn up and pay good money on top of season tickets and all the other home cup games to support the club on Saturday...

Murray personally, but as I stated in my previous post, they were berating most of the players. Would you want to clap someone who was screaming abuse at you, and had been for the last 90 minutes? I think I'd be making a quick exit too.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Maybe Murray and the other players need to have a look closer to home before taking the huff with angry and let down fans...

If you call screaming abuse at the players for 90 minutes support, then yes, you are correct.

johnrebus
15-03-2010, 09:56 AM
A large chunk of the Hibs support now seem to be on the same wavelength as the Old Firm fans - if we are not slaughtering teams from below us in the natural scheme of things, then the world must be coming to an end.

Ross County are a good side, with a real chance of playing in the SPL next season. Last term we got humped by a poor 1st Division side ( Morton ) and we have certainly progressed as a team since that night.

It was embarrasing to be a Hibernian fan on Saturday, and not just because of a poor performance on the pitch.

Supporters ?

Don't make me ****ing laugh.

Pathetic.

:boo hoo:

Winston Ingram
15-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Just to confirm, he told the fans to '**** off & go somewhere else'

TornadoHibby
15-03-2010, 10:01 AM
If you call screaming abuse at the players for 90 minutes support, then yes, you are correct.

That's not how it was on Saturday until the last 20 minutes or so and even then it was only a few who were doing so and mostly sitting in the South! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:02 AM
A large chunk of the Hibs support now seem to be on the same wavelength as the Old Firm fans - if we are not slaughtering teams from below us in the natural scheme of things, then the world must be coming to an end.

Ross County are a good side, with a real chance of playing in the SPL next season. Last term we got humped by a poor 1st Division side ( Morton ) and we have certainly progressed as a team since that night.

It was embarrasing to be a Hibernian fan on Saturday, and not just because of a poor performance on the pitch.

Supporters ?

Pathetic.

:agree: The other week against Aberdeen. There was a group of fans :faf: on the 18 yard line at the famous five end of the east stand, dishing out abuse to every player all game. One particular moment in the 2nd half, when Nish was called a ****in useless **** right to his face, from 5 yards away, clearly upset him.

He stopped in his tracks, clearly upset, them shouted back shut up you prick. How can anyone blame him?

We are getting the team our support deserve. If the team are playing bad now, the fans are having a nightmare.

Bayern Bru
15-03-2010, 10:03 AM
That's not how it was on Saturday until the last 20 minutes or so and even then it was only a few who were doing so and mostly sitting in the South! :agree:

Nearly everyone round me in the West Lower was losing the plot towards the end. From what I've heard, it wasn't exactly entirely positive in the West Upper or FF stands either.

Take it you sit in the South?

Keith_M
15-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Ian Murray had every right to shout at so called 'fans' that were berating the team after the game.

Not only did we have the disgusting sight of many of these idiots booing the team off the pitch at the end, they were actually booing the team during the game.

Firstly, I agree that Hibs weren't exactly at their best on Saturday, as they haven't been in a number of games recently. But, how on earth is that going to encourage the team? I was disgusted with the reaction of these so called 'supporters'.

Leith Green
15-03-2010, 10:07 AM

I dont think screaming abuse at players for 90 minutes is a good thing, well not in every case :greengrin

Ian Murray has come out and had a go at the fans for booing the team of the park at the end of the match, I didnt scream abuse at any player on Saturday during the match, I did however boo the team of at the end..

That is my choice, I felt slightly cheated by the lack of fight and felt humiliated at being out played at home by a lower league side and Ian Murray and every other player who played should be more concerned with the teams performance on Saturday and of late in general rather than commenting on fans quite rightly booing their diabolical performance...

Hibs played like a first division side would at a premier league team ...

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I dont think screaming abuse at players for 90 minutes is a good thing, well not in every case :greengrin
I dont think its right in any case, we are there to support, not berate.
Ian Murray has come out and had a go at the fans for booing the team of the park at the end of the match, I didnt scream abuse at any player on Saturday during the match, I did however boo the team of at the end..
No problems with booing after the game, its letting the team and manager know how we felt they did.
That is my choice, I felt slightly cheated by the lack of fight and felt humiliated at being out played at home by a lower league side and Ian Murray and every other player who played should be more concerned with the teams performance on Saturday and of late in general rather than commenting on fans quite rightly booing their diabolical performance...
No problem with any of that.
Hibs played like a first division side would at a premier league team ...

Still in the hat though, and have a chance to rectify saturdays performance.

flash
15-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Ian Murray had every right to shout at so called 'fans' that were berating the team after the game.

Not only did we have the disgusting sight of many of these idiots booing the team off the pitch at the end, they were actually booing the team during the game.

Firstly, I agree that Hibs weren't exactly at their best on Saturday, as they haven't been in a number of games recently. But, how on earth is that going to encourage the team? I was disgusted with the reaction of these so called 'supporters'.

What a surprise. It's the fans fault that most of the team couldn't give a toss on Saturday.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Nearly everyone round me in the West Lower was losing the plot towards the end. From what I've heard, it wasn't exactly entirely positive in the West Upper or FF stands either.

Take it you sit in the South?

Now that the South Stand is full of our self appointed "real fans" I was expecting a lot more support rather than the constant criticism and negativity.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:13 AM
What a surprise. It's the fans fault that most of the team couldn't give a toss on Saturday.

Are we not supposed to be the twelth man?

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2010, 10:13 AM

I don't think he said that. I think you've twisted it. :wink:

Leith Green
15-03-2010, 10:15 AM

I really realy hope so...
Our recent performances don't fill me with great confidence, but I live in hope rather than anything else in true Hibs supporter tradition ...

Keith_M
15-03-2010, 10:16 AM

Total B*ll*x! Where did I say that?

Fact is that Yogi asked the support to actually support the team on Saturday. Presumably because he thinks the backing of the fans actually makes a difference. What we got was completely the opposite.

Sudds_1
15-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Indeed we are, more through good luck than any skill on our part.

We can rectify matters. That will require a desire to get into their faces from the off, press them constantly (the way they did us on Saturday), fight for every ball for 90 minutes, and stand tall. This will not be a game for the purist.........or the prima donnas who want a perfect pitch and perfect pass every time with time on the ball. They now know that RC hold no respect for them or their position in the SPL. I've no doubt that given the gutless performance at ER, RC think the current Hibs team will capitulate in Dingwall, and they'll give us more of the same - but this time in front of a noisy and enthusiatic home crowd. It won't be pretty. It won't be silky. It's now about guts and a will to win. They have it......

...... DO WE? :rolleyes:

Mikey
15-03-2010, 10:24 AM
If Ian Murray told some to **** off and go elsewhere I hope the punter takes his advice.

Booing the players in that manner was totally unacceptable.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:24 AM

We can rectify matters. That will require a desire to get into their faces from the off, press them constantly (the way they did us on Saturday), fight for every ball for 90 minutes, and stand tall. This will not be a game for the purist.........or the prima donnas who want a perfect pitch and perfect pass every time with time on the ball. They now know that RC hold no respect for them or their position in the SPL. I've no doubt that given the gutless performance at ER, RC think the current Hibs team will capitulate in Dingwall, and they'll give us more of the same - but this time in front of a noisy and enthusiatic home crowd. It won't be pretty. It won't be silky. It's now about guts and a will to win. They have it......

Yes, we will win.

Craig_in_Prague
15-03-2010, 10:25 AM

quite cleary not.

Business end of the season, and playing like this?

Deary dear.

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Another reason why the fans were booing the team may well have been the performances over the last couple of months,it doesnt look like its getting any better.

Peevemor
15-03-2010, 10:29 AM
If you're involved in any sort of high level competition and you're unhappy with either your own or the team's performance then you should be be pissed off.

This will manifest itself in different ways depending on the individual and the circumstances (eg. abuse from the crowd).

However a good loser remains exactly that - a loser!

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Another reason why the fans were booing the team may well have been the performances over the last couple of months,it doesnt look like its getting any better.

5 weeks, before that we were 2 points behind celtic.

flash
15-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Aye and if the players persist in not putting their backs into it we will soon be 2 points behind Hertz.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Aye and if the players persist in not putting their backs into it we will soon be 2 points behind Hertz.

Were they putting their back into it when we were 2 points from 2nd?

shadeparkhibby
15-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Agree 100% with ian murray gave his all as normal then gets hit with abuse?

PaulSmith
15-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm positive there are several Hibs players who feel exactly how Murray felt on Saturday as in previous games the support, to use the term very loosely, has quite frankly been embarrassing and a disgrace with booing and abuse almost non-stop.

You sometimes wonder if John Hughes and the Board wonder why they bother at times with such a moronic element within our own fan base.

Expecting Rain
15-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Fans that abuse players should take a look at themselves, nobody on the pitch is trying to misrepresent Hibs though it might look that way at times, especially recently, we`ve all had bad games no matter what level we have played at, it is for the manager to put things right and for us to debate on this board and in the pubs, we`re all tactical genuises after eight pints.
Equally Ian Murray shouldn`t be reponding to the insults from a minority of the crowd, he`s old enough to realise that it will just alienate him from a section of the support, if he achieves his objective of managing Hibs one day he`ll realise that saturday was a picnic in that context, what is he going to do when things go wrong, spend most of the time arguing with the crowd or focusing on the job in hand.
The best way for those Hibs players who feel they are victims is to respond by dumping Ross County out of the cup in a manner which suggests there is a league between us.

GreenPJ
15-03-2010, 10:55 AM
If Ian Murray told some to **** off and go elsewhere I hope the punter takes his advice.

Booing the players in that manner was totally unacceptable.

No less unacceptable than the performance. The confidence may be low due to poor performances now stemming back a couple of months, however, that is no excuse for a lack of fight and energy. Yogi needs to take some responsibility for this as well but the players are paid to give their all and they did not do that on Saturday and haven't been for a few weeks. As someone who helps pay their wages I have the right to boo the team for what is an unacceptable number of performances.

PaulSmith
15-03-2010, 10:59 AM
No less unacceptable than the performance. The confidence may be low due to poor performances now stemming back a couple of months, however, that is no excuse for a lack of fight and energy. Yogi needs to take some responsibility for this as well but the players are paid to give their all and they did not do that on Saturday and haven't been for a few weeks. As someone who helps pay their wages I have the right to boo the team for what is an unacceptable number of performances.

Absolute rubbish IMO, there is no way the players went out to play as poorly (maybe County were just better on the day) but that 'fan' made his own decision to stand there and tell our player of the year thus far and a massive Hibby to '**** off' or words that manner.

Wotherspiniesta
15-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I noticed that Stack had a bit verbal with someone in the Famous five stand, during the game.

Wasn't there on Saturday, but I have an idea who it might be. Guy's been giving Stack pelters since his return for some reason.

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2010, 11:02 AM

and now were 5th and 7 points behind sellik,struggling against a 1st div club.Nivver mind were still in the cup

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh aye ah predict a 4-1 win for Hibs in the replay

Eganov
15-03-2010, 11:28 AM
2007, CIS cup, 1st Division St Johnstone pushed us to the bitter end. Ross County were equally as good as St J in 2007. We beat them we all know what happened next...

Ian Murray for me is one player who definitely does not deserve stick. The man bursts a gut from the word go for this team.

Green4Go07
15-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I never booed the Hibs players off the pitch on Saturday[never have and never will],but along with many others,applauded Ross Couny off the park,as i feel this was the way to get the message accross to the Hibs players that Hibs fans do appreciate a team that deserved to get something out off the game.
Hopefully this will get a positive response from the players.when they realise that Celtic is there for the taking in the semi, and they go up to Dingwall,roll up the sleeves,get wired in and do the business.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Murray should be sacked - what a disgrace :blah:

Yes I never saw it, and yes I wasn't even at the game.

But I've read it on the internet and him and that Jonathan Ross along with him should just get punted disgrace to their professions. :rolleyes: :wink:

Sir David Gray
15-03-2010, 11:33 AM
It's not nice to hear fans booing their own team but, although it's not my cup of tea, I think people have the right to do it. The supporters are absolutely desperate for us to win the Scottish Cup, it's been an embarrassingly long time since we last won it and in that second half on Saturday you wouldn't have known that the players were up it and desperate to get to Hampden.

Obviously if a player is receiving personal abuse from a fan then the fan has to expect the player to respond but if it's just booing etc then I think that is par for the course when a team doesn't beat a lower league side at home.

MrSmith
15-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm totally gobsmacked by some of our fans this season!

When did we become so unrealistic and expecting to win every game?

All my life I've been a Hibee and never have I expected anything other than a footballing performance! We are still here, in good shape both on the park and off, so come on lets be as vocal and as supportive as we always were and cut out the negativity!

Home and away for all of Eck Millars reign as manager:dummytit::boo hoo: and I'm still here!

:notworthy:

Mikey
15-03-2010, 11:48 AM
As someone who helps pay their wages I have the right to boo the team for what is an unacceptable number of performances.

Aye, so you do :rolleyes:

nickwhibs
15-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah I found pretty cringe-worthy how we booed off our OWN team, then clapped off the OPPOSITION. I know people are going to say 'but they gave their all and deserved to be applauded', but surely we should be supporting our own team and not bothering about the opposition.

An Leargaidh
15-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah I found pretty cringe-worthy how we booed off our OWN team, then clapped off the OPPOSITION. I know people are going to say 'but they gave their all and deserved to be applauded', but surely we should be supporting our own team and not bothering about the opposition.

I did not boo Hibs as they went off because they are my team, but I did applaud County when they went off because I thought they played a better game of football by quite a measure than Hibs did :agree:

GreenPJ
15-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Aye, so you do :rolleyes:

So you think as a season ticket holder I amn't???

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I called the team a disgrace on saturday at the end, and that's exactly what they where. If anyone thinks I should have applauded that pile of ***** then I'm sorry but no chance.

If the team play well I'll applaud, if not I won't. simples

Mikey
15-03-2010, 12:07 PM
So you think as a season ticket holder I amn't???

You're certainly not supporting the team, are you?

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Telling someone they are doing a good job when they clearly are not is not helping them. It just means they will carry on doing **** because everyone seems to be happy with that and it's easier than trying harder.

GreenPJ
15-03-2010, 12:19 PM
You're certainly not supporting the team, are you?

I am supporting the team by paying my hard earned cash for season ticket, cup tickets etc and have done for a number of years. As what was an unacceptable performance in the second half in what had been described by the manager as the biggest game of the season did not warrant an applause off the park.

I did not vilify any one player I boo'ed the team at the end for a lack of effort against a team who we should have at least be competitive with in terms of effort.

hibeenicol
15-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Telling someone they are doing a good job when they clearly are not is not helping them. It just means they will carry on doing **** because everyone seems to be happy with that and it's easier than trying harder.

And telling someone their a disgrace and booing them off the park will make them try harder yeah?
Surely abit of support would help them no?

truehibernian
15-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Shows that Ian Murray cares I suppose. I think fans do have the right though to show their displeasure at the performance, but not direct personal insults to a player walking off a pitch. I booed, more loudly than ever, because after being to Perth, Well and seeing the last two home games (including the win), the desire, fight, passion and teamwork has left the side. I pay good good money week in week out to follow Hibs, as I have done for many a year, like thousands of Hibees, so I reserve the right to boo and criticise the players if I want to. If they don't like it, tough......go out the next game/week and prove me wrong and I will happily eat my wee Hibs hat. I am quick to praise when they play well (win or loss) and the players are quick to take the praise too. Hogg and Miller have disappointed me most with their lack of desire and leadership, and young DW, who I think is going to be a star, was shot after 20 minutes on Saturday. He is a midfielder, not a right back in a million years. His confidence has been most affected these last few games IMO, yet he gets little or no verbal support from his defensive team mates. Hanlon strangely enough is the one defender (bar that one mistake on Sat) who has come through these games with rising stock (played in his preferred position of course :agree:). 4-4-2 Yogi, ditch Derek on left midfield (all his chances came through the middle first half v County and second v Saints), and drop Hogg. Give either Murray or McBride the arm band.

Sammy7nil
15-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Are we not supposed to be the twelth man?

We are players encourage and have a go at each other every week why cant the 12th man

1875 NO 1
15-03-2010, 12:28 PM
At the end of the game Ian seemed to be shouting at the fans on the way to the tunnel?

Someone i know sitting around there seems to think he shouted at some fans "**** off you d!cks"?

what is more worrying is his comments on the official web site -

"The game finished 2-2 and it was not as though we had lost the game or lacked anything performance wise but I understand the reaction of our supporters, we are as disappointed as they are - it is an extra game for us now, a game that we could have done without because we are trying to kick on up the league."

The 2nd half was a very poor performance.

truehibernian
15-03-2010, 12:33 PM
First half was not too bad, with Riordan looking hungry and wanting the ball. Still some shaky moments with the back four though, especially Stack's indecision nearly costing an equalizer before the break. Went in at half time feeling not too bad. Second 45 was the whole 90 v Saints all over again. Defending deep, losing easy possession, not winning or prepared to get a foot in and challenge, zero leadership or anyone taking the game by the scruff, and panic football in the extreme. The Jeckyll and Hyde Hibs as we have all come to know and love over the past god knows how many years :agree:

allmodcons
15-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Fans that abuse players should take a look at themselves, nobody on the pitch is trying to misrepresent Hibs though it might look that way at times, especially recently, we`ve all had bad games no matter what level we have played at, it is for the manager to put things right and for us to debate on this board and in the pubs, we`re all tactical genuises after eight pints.
Equally Ian Murray shouldn`t be reponding to the insults from a minority of the crowd, he`s old enough to realise that it will just alienate him from a section of the support, if he achieves his objective of managing Hibs one day he`ll realise that saturday was a picnic in that context, what is he going to do when things go wrong, spend most of the time arguing with the crowd or focusing on the job in hand.
The best way for those Hibs players who feel they are victims is to respond by dumping Ross County out of the cup in a manner which suggests there is a league between us.

IMO there is a sizeable minority at ER who, unless we're winning by a handsome margin, actually enjoy abusing individual players.

The pay their money and feel entitled to sit for 90 minutes telling all and sundry that Nish is pish, Hogg's not fit to wear the jersey:blah:.

I'm not suggesting that players should be exempt from criticism, but constant abuse from your own 'fans' is bound to effect confidence.

With regard to IM responding, I take your point but, in the heat of the moment, can't blame him for having a go.

If there's anyone in our team who gives his all every week it's Ian Murray. Without his goal line clearance in the closing minutes on Saturday we would have most definitely been dumped out of the SC, yet a few minutes later, as he's leaving the park (presumably quite dejected), some half pissed half wit still thinks he's entitled ('cos he pays his money) to have a serious pop at someone, who is, without question, a very honest pro.

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 12:40 PM

:agree:

Bad Martini
15-03-2010, 12:44 PM
This isny new. It's been happening since fitba began - players and managers arguing with fans.

I recall Bobby "See me after the game" Williamson more than once offering folk a private chat in his office, where he was interested to hear their views on why he was a big, fat, ugly, baldy useless hun ******* :greengrin ... he knew nothing about fitba but a mans' a man. And respect to him for, whilst being a useless manager, didn't take **** from folk who wouldn't have offered the same compliments to his puss....even if they were right :devil:

truehibernian
15-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I would wholeheartedly agree that Ian gives his all week in week out, but can the same be said of the others of late ? I also wish that Ian's passionate response to the fan would be taken onto the pitch from kick off and passed round all the players, who should start showing the same commitment on and off the park that Murray does. Hogg, being the captain and so called leader of me, should be shown the door if he thinks that at any point these last few games he has shown real combative desire and leadership. It appears to me that none of the players either look to him for direction, nor listen to him. They all stand around looking at each other when goals are conceded or play is poor. I tell you what, Michael Stewart may be many things to many people, but we could do with his desire, passion and fight in our team at present (comparing respective captains over the road). We need some bad losers in our side as well as fighters.

iwasthere1972
15-03-2010, 12:50 PM

:agree: I had to put up with some clowns continuous verbal abuse of the players for the entire second half. I go to the game to watch Hibs not listen to some prat taken his anger and frustration out on the players because he's not getting any at home.

I know I should have gone over and either

a. Decked him.

b. Told him he was a wally and would he mind shutting the phook up.

In my defence he was bigger than me so I did nothing.

Anyway he was a total pillock and I wish Murray would have come over and shut the phooker up. South Stand Lower area. :devil:

Bad Martini
I tell you what, Michael Stewart may be many things to many people, but we could do with his desire, passion and fight in our team at present (comparing respective captains over the road). We need some bad losers in our side as well as fighters.

Agree 100% (provided said individual, when sent off, doesny fall square on his erse, in public, on the telly :greengrin)

Agree with your post tho. Well said. :agree:

silverhibee

:top marks :notworthy:

flash
I think there's a difference between booing the whole team off the park and screaming abuse at individual players. If anyone deserved stick on Saturday it wasn't Ian Murray- one of the few jerseys that would have needed laundering.

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 12:58 PM
And telling someone their a disgrace and booing them off the park will make them try harder yeah?
Surely abit of support would help them no?

I supported them throughout the match, apparently it never helped so why not try booing them at the end. I want every one of our players to realise that I did not consider that performance to be worthy of hibs. It was a disgrace and by far the worst game I have wache this season, in fact not many worse last year either.

I'm not for continually slating individuals throughout the game, and don't do that (not saying the odd comment doesn't get out, but overall I cheer far more than moan) however hibs need a right good kick up the arse and not pampered and told everythings going to be ok. This ain't playschool and there mum won't come along make it all better. They have to do that themselves!!

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 01:13 PM
:agree: I had to put up with some clowns continuous verbal abuse of the players for the entire second half. I go to the game to watch Hibs not listen to some prat taken his anger and frustration out on the players because he's not getting any at home.

I know I should have gone over and either

a. Decked him.

b. Told him he was a wally and would he mind shutting the phook up.

In my defence he was bigger than me so I did nothing.

Anyway he was a total pillock and I wish Murray would have come over and shut the phooker up. South Stand Lower area. :devil:

Bigger they are, the harder they fall.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
15-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't get NOT getting behind the team either.

I pan them on here - no probs - but at the game you MUST support the team ffs! :agree:

Caveats being :greengrin the following: I have booed one Hibs player ever - Caldwell - at end of season 0-4 gubbing in Sheepland. We were mince and he sold the jerseys more than once. I have regretted it every since - even though it was him! Other than that I recall a verbal volley at Lexo after a SC 0-0 at Cowden, and pelters to Blooby at 0-3 at Dens (he made two 93 minute subs and we'd not a signle shot at goal), and I refused to applaud the boys at Perth recently - as they were a bad joke that night. All actions were after the final whistle - honest!

JimBHibees
15-03-2010, 01:26 PM
The question is are Hibs fans ther worst in the country the level of personal abuse is ridiculous and the problem with all seater stadiums is that you are stuck with them whereas with terraces you could move away

The_Horde
15-03-2010, 01:31 PM
The question is are Hibs fans ther worst in the country the level of personal abuse is ridiculous and the problem with all seater stadiums is that you are stuck with them whereas with terraces you could move away

Nah, defo the sheep.

Are our expectations too high?

Speedway
15-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Nah, defo the sheep.

Are our expectations too high?

Permanently.

We're a little 10-12,000 supported club.

The fans get the term they deserve.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2010, 01:33 PM
... just thought I'd lob that explosive one into the mix.

Fans are the common factors in all of this. Players come and go, managers come and go. Fans are pretty constant.

If we can't support our team in their quest for the SC then whats the point?

Ban the fans bloody disgrace and all that :blah: :greengrin

I am serious about the wider point tho' - we need to have the balls to believe the team can do it despite adversity.

FWIW I think the route to the Holy Grail will probably pan out to be failure in the final at first attempt. Then more or less the same group stepping up for that 2nd time and nailing it.

steakbake
15-03-2010, 01:44 PM
2007, CIS cup, 1st Division St Johnstone pushed us to the bitter end. Ross County were equally as good as St J in 2007. We beat them we all know what happened next...

Ian Murray for me is one player who definitely does not deserve stick. The man bursts a gut from the word go for this team.

Ian Murray is one of the most consistent and committed player who pulls on our shirt every week. He has the qualities of a cap'n.

Hibby K
15-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Wasn't there on Saturday, but I have an idea who it might be. Guy's been giving Stack pelters since his return for some reason.

The so called 'fan' in the Famous Five Stand Lower was one of many giving Stack abuse throughout the first half for not coming of his line. Stack eventually gave him the v sign and told him to **** off. He made a point at half time to go across, call the 'fan' over and apologise to him. Personally I thought he should have decked him instead if that's the kind of support you're getting when you're winning (as we were at the time)!

Getting back to original post though there's no justification for Ian Murray abuse. You can never say he gives less than 100%.

Spike Mandela
15-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Exactly. Hardly fortress Easter Road is it.

Every team who comes here should be the enemy and anyone (and I mean absolutely anyone) wearing that Hibs shirt should have full backing from beginning to end!

Let's get in to the Staggie *******s!!!!!!!!!C'mon the Hibees!!!!!!!!!!!!:flag:

heidtheba
15-03-2010, 05:38 PM

I shouldn't really comment as I havent been at ER for a while but whilst its natural to be disappointed with players/results etc I've never ever once seen a player get booed and then see them realise 'ohhh now I get it - I'm not very good and I must now try harder' and go off and improve.

GreenBlade
15-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I shouldn't really comment as I havent been at ER for a while but whilst its natural to be disappointed with players/results etc I've never ever once seen a player get booed and then see them realise 'ohhh now I get it - I'm not very good and I must now try harder' and go off and improve.

You've every right to comment mate, after all Blackpool dosen't go to every game either but it dosen't stop him putting in his tuppence worth :wink: .

The way some on here are talking you'd think we'd been fighting relegation for the last ten years and should be grateful we've been ****ing up third place this season!

Slagging off players is not a modern thing, as I've seen players like Gordon Rae getting pulled back while trying to get into the old enclosure to have a go at a fan who'd spent the entire match slagging him off.

In fact, Mike MacDonald once told me the Hibs players were happier playing away from Easter Road as the stick they got at home was terrible.

One wee thing Murray should remember though. He should give some thought to the fans who will travel north next Tuesday evening (From Embra a round trip of 336mls) as well as the loss of their wages and travel costs as a result of Hibs inability to see off a team of players earning a fraction of what he and his mates get. That's what pisses off fans most Ian. As for them going elswhere? Well tens of thousands are up and down the UK because they're sick to the back teeth of prima-donnas taking supporters for granted.

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Ian Murray is one of the most consistent and committed player who pulls on our shirt every week. He has the qualities of a cap'n.

Agreed 100% and some so of our called 'fans' should have a *** reality check
Support your team you *****wits
GGTTH

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Exactly. Hardly fortress Easter Road is it.

Every team who comes here should be the enemy and anyone (and I mean absolutely anyone) wearing that Hibs shirt should have full backing from beginning to end!

Let's get in to the Staggie *******s!!!!!!!!!C'mon the Hibees!!!!!!!!!!!!:flag:
Good post Spike and we need more like you at ER on a matchday bud
GGTTH

(((Fergus)))
15-03-2010, 06:21 PM
There isn't a club in the world where the team don't get bollocked for underperforming. The bigger the club, the bigger the bollocking they get. Similarly, the better they perform, the more praise (and money) they get. It's a pretty pathetic state of affairs but that's how it is.

Simkin911
15-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Just to confirm, he told the fans to '**** off & go somewhere else'

I wish, when he's not playing (for whatever reason) he'd sit near me in the FF upper and tell the muppets (sorry, "fans") who scream, moan and swear to do the same.

FFS, sometimes it starts when the team is announced.

GreenBlade
15-03-2010, 06:27 PM
GGTTH

Big words mate. Take it you'll not be at Dingwall.

HFC 0-7
15-03-2010, 06:51 PM
I am not saying that berating players or having a go at them is correct but I can see why its happening now. The players have shown what they are capabale of and recently pretty much all of them having been falling way short of pass marks. The thing that is annoying so many fans at the minute is not so much the performance but the lack of fight. When hibs play bad you usually fall back and say well at least they are putting in the effort, but that just isnt happening. Some of the comments coming from the players right now regarding their effort is a bit worrying, because, if they are putting their all into the games then we are in trouble.

To me I think there may be a bit of unrest in the dressing room just now, not because they dont like the manager etc, but I think, for many the pressure of being high up the league, the talk a while back of splitting the old firm and finally winning the cup as taken its toll on the players.

IMO this will weed out certain types of players, mainly the ones that cant handle the pressure, the ones that may hide when the chips are down. I think hibs having been lacking players that can handle pressure for a while now, I think this has shown in recent seasons as we seem to crumble in the latter stages of the league or when big games that really mean something come up.

mully_bear
15-03-2010, 07:10 PM

ian murray is often exposed as we dont have a left midfielder playing left midfield.

Jack
15-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I really don’t know what the team expects. If they play really badly, and IMO they played really badly on Saturday, they cant expect to get cheered off the park. I suppose Ian Murray, as one of the consistently better players and who is also a Hibby will feel the abuse aimed at the team more personally than the others.

I hope he and Deeks and Nish just don’t have a rant to their team mates and turn it into a laugh at the crowd but turn that passion into stirring it up with these guys in the changing room.

The way I see it just now, when we’re not playing well, is that it must mean more to the supporters to be a Hibby than it does to many of the players. We’re hurting more than they are.

Out played, out thought, out fought by a team from a lower division and at our home ground – its outrageous. We shouldn’t expect to win every game but games like that we should do.

BTW I’m really quite cross but I didn’t boo! :greengrin

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 07:24 PM
No Hibs player and especially Ian Murray should be getting abuse during, before or after games. He is brought a lot to this club over the years and doesn't deserve any stick. I think players are entitled to say what they like back, it must get pretty nippy when some prick in the stand is constantly moaning at you, especially when he is one of the few players in our team that get stuck in every week. I felt the constant booing at the end was out of order aswell, the players must have bags of confidence after that.:agree:

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Big words mate. Take it you'll not be at Dingwall.
Nae big words in my post bud, and whats a sheffield utd supporter interested in whether I'm going up to Dingwall next Tuesday for?

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I really don’t know what the team expects. If they play really badly, and IMO they played really badly on Saturday, they cant expect to get cheered off the park.

I dont think the players can complain after a game, but the abuse handed out during a game is stupid, and pointless, and will never help players or the team.:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 07:29 PM
GGTTH

:applause::applause::applause:

oh to be a happyclapper eh :bye:

We have always had a few ********s that slate players all game long, but on saturday people where pissed off, and rightly so, because we where absolute *****, I'm no ashamed of booing at the end and I'd do it again

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I dont think the players can complain after a game, but the abuse handed out during a game is stupid, and pointless, and will never help players or the team.:confused:

precisely, but I have to say that during the game I heard very little abuse aimed at the players in particular. I reckon some folks just want to magnify it because of the booing at the end.

Eaststand
15-03-2010, 07:35 PM
No Hibs player and especially Ian Murray should be getting abuse during, before or after games. He is brought a lot to this club over the years and doesn't deserve any stick. I think players are entitled to say what they like back, it must get pretty nippy when some prick in the stand is constantly moaning at you, especially when he is one of the few players in our team that get stuck in every week. I felt the constant booing at the end was out of order aswell, the players must have bags of confidence after that.:agree:

Yep, spot on and the folks who do the barracking should ask themselves what the effect on the young guys in our team is....do you really think it's goni help them ....no chance. Murrays one of our most consistent players, and we need players like him to play and encouage the inexperienced guys on. Saturdays second half was pretty crap, now lets get behind our team and help us get into the semis and then into Europe.

GGTTH

Jack
15-03-2010, 08:01 PM

I agree.

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Agree completely. I've never abused a Hibs player, in fact I've never abused anyone, except myself, which I did repeatedly as a youth.

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 08:07 PM
ian murray is often exposed as we dont have a left midfielder playing left midfield.

Yes, Murray has been exposed, but if he's abusing the fans then at least he's not exposing himself in front of them.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Agree completely. I've never abused a Hibs player, in fact I've never abused anyone, except myself, which I did repeatedly as a youth.

:faf::top marks

frazeHFC
15-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I'll admit i booed a bit after the goal mouth scramble but at the final whistle i never booed because a draw was lucky, and also i would never boo as the players as walking down the tunnel, especially as it's been a very exciting season so far and we are 1 point off 3rd!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I'll admit i booed a bit after the goal mouth scramble but at the final whistle i never booed because a draw was lucky, and also i would never boo as the players as walking down the tunnel, especially as it's been a very exciting season so far and we are 1 point off 3rd!!!!!!

What a strange thing to do?

frazeHFC
15-03-2010, 09:44 PM
What a strange thing to do?

I am sure it was that point, there was quite a big boo actually.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I am sure it was that point, there was quite a big boo actually.

I was not there on saturday, but listening to it on interactive, i cheered when we saved it from going in. Booing would never have entered my head. Why were you booing?:confused:

Mikey
15-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I hope none of you boo boys are going up for the replay. The team needs support, not criticism.

bighairyfaeleith
16-03-2010, 06:50 AM
aye cos us boo boys are not uber fans are we:grr:

If the team plays ****, it's ok we'll cheer anyway, if the team gets pumped by the **** it's ok we'll cheer anyway, if the team misses out on europe it's ok we'll cheer anyway, if the team gets relegated it's ok we'll cheer anyway. When exactly can we show our displeasure at a **** performance on the pitch without being classed as a lower form of hibs fan exactly?:confused:

flash
16-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I hope none of you boo boys are going up for the replay. The team needs support, not criticism.

Sanctimonious or what? Will you applaud the team off the park if we produce a typical, spineless away performance and our Cup dream is extinguished for another year?

Simkin911
16-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I was not there on saturday, but listening to it on interactive, i cheered when we saved it from going in. Booing would never have entered my head. Why were you booing?:confused:

I was there and whilst I didn't boo at that point, I did have my head in my hands. Reason? We were being dominated fairly easily at home from a team in the division below and our tactics of hitting a long high ball to strikers (not suited to receiving long, high balls) was wearing more than a tad thin after many such occurences in recent months. :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
16-03-2010, 07:51 AM
The Support need do nothing, the problem lies in the team for whatever reason, be it attitude or selection.

Mikey
16-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Sanctimonious or what? Will you applaud the team off the park if we produce a typical, spineless away performance and our Cup dream is extinguished for another year?

Aye, very good.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-03-2010, 08:26 AM

:agree:There was a huge 'BOOOOO' after the goal mouth scramble, not sure if I joined in, but I did think soon afterwards that it was probably not appropriate after a great piece of last ditch defending. I did Boo briefly at full time, just in frustration, looking back now it was probably a bit harsh and I can understand Ian Murray's comments on the Booing.

flash
16-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Aye, very good.

It's a simple question. At what point would you crack if at all?

Steve20
16-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't agree with the booing and the abuse shouted at players during the match, but how any player can complain at the team being booed off at full time is beyond me. The performance was abysmal at best.

Mikey
16-03-2010, 08:37 AM
It's a simple question. At what point would you crack if at all?

That's a completely different question.

It hasn't happened yet and I've seen some rubbish in my time :greengrin

Mikeystewart
16-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Supporters ?

Pathetic.

:top marks

Phil MaGlass
16-03-2010, 08:58 AM
What gets oan ma thruppenny bits are a55holes on this board taking the high ground,oh people who boo players urnae supporters and all that pi5h,Id never do it cos bla bla f,n blahty bla bla, the team played pi5h, they should never be applauded from the pitch,it doesnt send a message,happyclapper a55holes, support the club whatever, idiots,your not a good fan cos yi boo yir team bla bla bla.
Ive followed Hibs all over the place,sacrificed a damn lot,time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears and all that,but I draw the line when players cant even win 60-40 balls, crap it in the tackle,dont back track,dont put the effort in and basically throw in the towel.
I have no problem whatsoever in Ian Murray slating the fans,I find personnal abuse or singling a player out when it is the whole teams fault a bit much,good on yi Ian.
But dont go telling the boo boys were not supporting the team,half of yis ur just ootae nappies and yir tryin tae tell guys who have sacrificed for over 30 years, not tae boo, well, BOO YOU

flash
16-03-2010, 09:27 AM
That's a completely different question.

It hasn't happened yet and I've seen some rubbish in my time :greengrin

Well you are a better man than me Mikey. (not a great achievement if some people are to be believed!) :wink:

Hainan Hibs
16-03-2010, 09:37 AM
What gets oan ma thruppenny bits are a55holes on this board taking the high ground,oh people who boo players urnae supporters and all that pi5h,Id never do it cos bla bla f,n blahty bla bla, the team played pi5h, they should never be applauded from the pitch,it doesnt send a message,happyclapper a55holes, support the club whatever, idiots,your not a good fan cos yi boo yir team bla bla bla.
Ive followed Hibs all over the place,sacrificed a damn lot,time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears and all that,but I draw the line when players cant even win 60-40 balls, crap it in the tackle,dont back track,dont put the effort in and basically throw in the towel.
I have no problem whatsoever in Ian Murray slating the fans,I find personnal abuse or singling a player out when it is the whole teams fault a bit much,good on yi Ian.
But dont go telling the boo boys were not supporting the team,half of yis ur just ootae nappies and yir tryin tae tell guys who have sacrificed for over 30 years, not tae boo, well, BOO YOU

weonlywon6-2
16-03-2010, 09:50 AM

joe breezy
16-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Any human being that abuses another human being then gets upset with a wee bit of stick back really needs to get a grip

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Nobody's saying they are not supporters, but i would say they are bad supporters.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I am not saying that berating players or having a go at them is correct but I can see why its happening now. The players have shown what they are capabale of and recently pretty much all of them having been falling way short of pass marks. The thing that is annoying so many fans at the minute is not so much the performance but the lack of fight. When hibs play bad you usually fall back and say well at least they are putting in the effort, but that just isnt happening. Some of the comments coming from the players right now regarding their effort is a bit worrying, because, if they are putting their all into the games then we are in trouble.

To me I think there may be a bit of unrest in the dressing room just now, not because they dont like the manager etc, but I think, for many the pressure of being high up the league, the talk a while back of splitting the old firm and finally winning the cup as taken its toll on the players.

IMO this will weed out certain types of players, mainly the ones that cant handle the pressure, the ones that may hide when the chips are down. I think hibs having been lacking players that can handle pressure for a while now, I think this has shown in recent seasons as we seem to crumble in the latter stages of the league or when big games that really mean something come up.

So you know its wrong, but can see why its happening. Is it not still wrong?

Andy74
16-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Did anyone booing for the last ten minutes or so last week think they were helping our Scottish cup run?

I think it made us very, very nervous and helped Ross County batter us for the last ten minutes.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Did anyone booing for the last ten minutes or so last week think they were helping our Scottish cup run?

I think it made us very, very nervous and helped Ross County batter us for the last ten minutes.

Aye but they pay their money...........

marinello59
16-03-2010, 11:25 AM

In short those who don't boo are moral high ground taking assholes whose nappy wearing days are in the very recent past. Shame on them all.:greengrin

GreenPJ
16-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Ross County pretty much battered us for about 60 mins of the game not just the last 10. The crowd recognised the likes of Galbraith putting in tackles or closing opponents down, the problem was the vast majority of other players never did this. Fans want to see effort first and foremost, that is not an unfair expectation.

hibbiedon
16-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Ross County pretty much battered us for about 60 mins of the game not just the last 10. The crowd recognised the likes of Galbraith putting in tackles or closing opponents down, the problem was the vast majority of other players never did this. Fans want to see effort first and foremost, that is not an unfair expectation.

As the Ross County manager said their fans inspired them to produce a great performance against us, maybe if we had 1600 fans cheering us on it might have helped

truehibernian
16-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Good point about Galbraith. Have to extend that to Nish, who in the last 10 minutes closed down twice at the byeline and won tackles. Everyone else around him just stood and watched. Nish had one of his best games in a Hibs jersey I thought.

Hibstrooper
16-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I think a few people need to get off their high horse.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 12:35 PM

I cant see why supporting the team while at the match, rather than berating them, elevates fans onto a high horse?:confused:

marinello59
16-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Good point and I agree entirely.:agree:
Why should those of us who don't boo be looked down on as sanctimonious assholes. We love Hibs too.:greengrin

Cabbage1875
16-03-2010, 12:38 PM

This is spot on.

joe breezy
16-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes fans can expect commitment but if you abuse someone and they question you for this you're a total prick if you get upset about it. Football players should have a right to make ****** gestures or whatever they like to people who abuse them in my opinion.

Hibstrooper
16-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I cant see why supporting the team while at the match, rather than berating them, elevates fans onto a high horse?:confused:

It's easy to critise and point the finger and a lot of this smacks of 'I'm a better fan than you'.

I hope the people on here realise that when they are labelling the Hibs support as disgraceful that they are including themselves as collectively we are 'the support'.

Andy74
16-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The end of the game is the time to boo. Sure you can do so before then if it makes you feel better but you are increasing the chances of us getting beat.

If that's the target then fair enough. If not then have a think about what your intention is in booing. You are very, very unlikely to increase anyone's performance doing so. More likely to make things worse.

joe breezy
16-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Some supports get behind their team and really do become a 12th man, ours isn't one of them very often, I'm not sure ever will be unless we are away at Ibrox or somewhere like that. The away supports are always better and that goes for any club.

But it's to be expected to be upset at a poor performance, poor performances should be seen as unacceptable ultimately but in this instance I think Murray may have had a case. I didn't mind him giving us the V sign at Ibrox when he played for Rangers either to be honest.

johnrebus
16-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Good point and I agree entirely.:agree:
Why should those of us who don't boo be looked down on as sanctimonious assholes. We love Hibs too.:greengrin

We may be assholes, but you are pricks.

I'm sure I read that somewhere.

:whistle:

bighairyfaeleith
16-03-2010, 01:03 PM

It's the berating of people who chose to show there displeasure at the end of the game that makes it look like you are all getting on your high horses.

Lets be quite clear, no one as far as I can see has criticised anyone for not booing, we have simply said that if we want to let the team know we are not happy with there performance, which I certainly wasn't, then that is our right.

No one has came on and said it is ok to personally attack one player continually, and from what I seen at the game if this happened it was just by the odd nutter that do the same thing every week at every ground in the country.

No one is saying don't support hibs, just some of us are not prepared to sit and let really bad displays pass without comment, nevermind cheer the team for giving thse bad performances.

joe breezy
16-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Someone who boos isn't a prick, I would boo myself. The person who in my opinion is a prick is someone who personally abuses another human (in this case a Hibs player) then gets all upset if the player makes a remark or gesture back.

marinello59
16-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Actually that makes me an asshole and a prick.:boo hoo:
Anybody who tells me to go f...................on second thoughts I ain't gonna give you any ideas.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Galbraith did put a couple of tackles in but I thought we got worse after he came on. I don't know if he wasn't covering the correct areas or what but we looked even weaker down the right after he came on.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 01:43 PM
It's easy to critise and point the finger and a lot of this smacks of 'I'm a better fan than you'.

I hope the people on here realise that when they are labelling the Hibs support as disgraceful that they are including themselves as collectively we are 'the support'.

Not at all, i was not there on saturday, but i can tell you this. I would not have been giving the players stick duriong the game. I want Hibs to win, and getting stuck into the players during the game, does not help them in their quest to win that game. I dont abuse the team, individual player or the manager during the games i am at. if anyone does do this, then yes i do think i am a better supporter than them.

Sent from my high horse.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 01:45 PM
It's the berating of people who chose to show there displeasure at the end of the game that makes it look like you are all getting on your high horses.

Lets be quite clear, no one as far as I can see has criticised anyone for not booing, we have simply said that if we want to let the team know we are not happy with there performance, which I certainly wasn't, then that is our right.

No one has came on and said it is ok to personally attack one player continually, and from what I seen at the game if this happened it was just by the odd nutter that do the same thing every week at every ground in the country.

No one is saying don't support hibs, just some of us are not prepared to sit and let really bad displays pass without comment, nevermind cheer the team for giving thse bad performances.

Nobody is doing that, its the abuse thats dished out during the game, that i disagree about.:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
16-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Nobody is doing that, its the abuse thats dished out during the game, that i disagree about.:confused:

I think if you read back over a few posts people are, not saying you are but plenty people have been.

GreenPJ
16-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Galbraith did put a couple of tackles in but I thought we got worse after he came on. I don't know if he wasn't covering the correct areas or what but we looked even weaker down the right after he came on.

I agree that the subs (both of them) actually made us worse, however, the telling factor was when Galbraith showed effort it was appreciated. That is all players have to do to get the fans on side but the majority didn't thus the reaction.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I think if you read back over a few posts people are, not saying you are but plenty people have been.

:confused:

HFC 0-7
16-03-2010, 03:00 PM
So you know its wrong, but can see why its happening. Is it not still wrong?

I dont know if its wrong or not. There are no guidelines for fans on how to behave. I dont do it, but I know people who do and the reasons they do are completely valid.

We basically pay their wages and with th eprice of going to games its a biiger outlay to us fans so when we see players not pulling their weight or the team underperform then booing can happen. Football teams are now businesses, and like any business its a results driven area. In your job you wouldnt be allowed to underperform for very long without being in bother. To be honest with you, I think the players and team could do with a bit of booing at times as it is a clear sign from the fans that they dont like whats happening and that it should get better. Football players are well paid and have a good lifestyle and sometimes I think they take advantage of us with their poor excuses for bad performances. Yes they wont like hearing the boos but these days its all part of being a footballer. I think some of the comments about fans being a effin disgrace are way over the top. These footballers are men and should be able to deal with a few boo's, if they cant then a cup final at hampden against a big team will make them crumble.

I spoke to an ex hibs player a few weeks ago and he was thought that the problem these days is that the players are too soft, they feel everyone is against them and instead of fighting they just hide. The reason he thinks this is that they are too highly paid, they now think they are superstars and that they shouldnt be questioned by anyone.

Overall, I dont think booing at half time and full time can do any harm to bring these players back to do earth and remind them of what the fans expect. Personally if I was playing for hibs and I was getting boo's, I would be at the training ground an hour earlier, leave an hour later and keep trying harder on that pitch until the boo's stopped. I think the boo's will have given a few of the players a kick up the backside.

smurf
16-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Ian Murray told the fans in the west lower to "Folk off" at the end of the game on Saturday. He walked off as disappointed as we felt in the stands. His frustration was obvious and this supporter had no problem with his emotions as it showed a bit of hurt...

But his moaning in the media about the support is ridiculous. His comments about us having a good season etc etc are not IMO relevant to Saturday.

He like others should respond on the park by doing his talking in that particular environment.

Hibstrooper
16-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Not at all, i was not there on saturday, but i can tell you this. I would not have been giving the players stick duriong the game. I want Hibs to win, and getting stuck into the players during the game, does not help them in their quest to win that game. I dont abuse the team, individual player or the manager during the games i am at. if anyone does do this, then yes i do think i am a better supporter than them.

Sent from my high horse.

So where am I on the rankings then? I was at the game on Saturday - I didn't boo during or after the game however I also didn't applaud the team off. Does that make me a better supporter than you as I don't berate the team either however I make it to more games?

I don't have a problem with angry shouts from the crowd for the team to pull themselves together - heck I'm suprised how anyone who is passionate about Hibs wouldn't have been angry at the performance as a lot of it was to do with a lack of effort and fight.

I do have a problem with people coming on here after a game labelling our support as 'pathetic' and 'disgraceful' and pointing fingers at faceless people without realising what they are actually doing is calling you pathetic, me pathetic and themselves pathetic as we are the support (well not you ya part timer :wink:)

Mickey Edwards
16-03-2010, 03:17 PM
BACK TO BASICS

I want Hibs to win the Scottish cup .

I'm interested in what works.

Hibs fans booing Hibs will make Hibs players play worse.

Hibs fans singing their rocks off will help Hibs play better.

When the team is rubbish Hibs fans feel like booing but they shouldn't be lazy and they shouldn't indulge that feeling . If the fans are lazy , lose discipline and boo Hibs this will help the opposition .

I take winning the Scottish Cup very seriously. Each fan should think if his/her actions will make it harder for Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

It's much easier to boo Hibs than sing if things are not going right. Don't be lazy...it's too important....take it seriously. Your outrage and your right to protest is less important than Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

Just like the players, each fan's actions should help Hibs and make it harder for the opposition.

If I hear booing or loud negative comment I remind the fan that it helps the opposition. Or I sing over them. Hibs are too important to allow lazy self-indulgent thinking into the crowd.

There were shaky moments in the League Cup Final but we sang the team through them and helped to secure silverware.

It works.

Do it.

Don't boo.....it doesn't work. More than that, it helps those that want to keep our club second-rate.

Keep the discipline until the final whistle. Boo then if you think it helps Hibs.

That's why we're called the twelfth man.......take the job seriously.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I dont know if its wrong or not. There are no guidelines for fans on how to behave. I dont do it, but I know people who do and the reasons they do are completely valid.
I dont believe there is any valid reason to berate the players during a game. We need to be supporters during the game, getting right behind them, winning losing or drawing.
We basically pay their wages and with th eprice of going to games its a biiger outlay to us fans so when we see players not pulling their weight or the team underperform then booing can happen.
Ah the price of football argument, and the wages they are paid. Jealousy, so it makes it ok to boo.
Football teams are now businesses, and like any business its a results driven area. In your job you wouldnt be allowed to underperform for very long without being in bother.
If my business was doing badly, the last thing i'd want was thousands of people getting on my back while i was trying to rectify it.
To be honest with you, I think the players and team could do with a bit of booing at times as it is a clear sign from the fans that they dont like whats happening and that it should get better.
I disagree, i think the players would perform better if we got behind them, rather than boo them. The grounds like a morgue even when winning, yet as soon as things are going wrong, its boooo.
Football players are well paid and have a good lifestyle and sometimes I think they take advantage of us with their poor excuses for bad performances. Yes they wont like hearing the boos but these days its all part of being a footballer.
Booing is part of football, should it be during a game, i dont think so?
I think some of the comments about fans being a effin disgrace are way over the top. These footballers are men and should be able to deal with a few boo's, if they cant then a cup final at hampden against a big team will make them crumble.
I believe some fans are a ****in disgrace, and have been getting worse over the years. The players will deal with the boos, it will affect them though, they expect it from opposition fans, but from your own. :grr: It just might put them off for a while, and might just stop them from actually getting to that final against the big team
I spoke to an ex hibs player a few weeks ago and he was thought that the problem these days is that the players are too soft, they feel everyone is against them and instead of fighting they just hide. The reason he thinks this is that they are too highly paid, they now think they are superstars and that they shouldnt be questioned by anyone.
Another jealous former player
Overall, I dont think booing at half time and full time can do any harm to bring these players back to do earth and remind them of what the fans expect. Personally if I was playing for hibs and I was getting boo's, I would be at the training ground an hour earlier, leave an hour later and keep trying harder on that pitch until the boo's stopped. I think the boo's will have given a few of the players a kick up the backside.

The players and management want the same success the fans want. I dont believe any of the players are not trying, i believe a few are not good enough, but thats a differnt argument, as no amount of extra training imho will make them any better. Fans expectations have been raised, maybe too much for some, and they are hindering the team rather than supporting them imho.

boomtownhibby
16-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Ian Murray told the fans in the west lower to "Folk off" at the end of the game on Saturday. He walked off as disappointed as we felt in the stands. His frustration was obvious and this supporter had no problem with his emotions as it showed a bit of hurt...

But his moaning in the media about the support is ridiculous. His comments about us having a good season etc etc are not IMO relevant to Saturday.

He like others should respond on the park by doing his talking in that particular environment.

how is his 'moaning' in the media ridiculous ? Hibs are 4th in the league , in a quarter final of the scottish cup. Had an off day on saturday and some 'fans' boo hibs . who can question ian murrays commitment to Hibs ? He is Hibs daft and that goes for other players. Don't you think the players want to appear in the semi-finals in the cup ? I think the players on the park would hurt as much as any 'fan' in the ground. They are professionals and want to do well , to question there effort is shocking.

smurf
16-03-2010, 03:57 PM
how is his 'moaning' in the media ridiculous ? Hibs are 4th in the league , in a quarter final of the scottish cup. Had an off day on saturday and some 'fans' boo hibs . who can question ian murrays commitment to Hibs ? He is Hibs daft and that goes for other players. Don't you think the players want to appear in the semi-finals in the cup ? I think the players on the park would hurt as much as any 'fan' in the ground. They are professionals and want to do well , to question there effort is shocking.

You've replied to my post raising points i had already raised such as Ian Murray obviously being hurt etc..:confused:

So we're 5th in the SPL and still in the Scottish Cup after facing Irvine Meadow, Montrose and Ross County and that's some kind of over achievement?

I'm reasonably happy with our season thus far. A few weeks ago i was just a bit more than reasonably happy...

But we're Hibs. Not St Mirren or Kilmarnock. With the budget and support base we have it should all but gurantee a top six finish and we should always be competing for 3rd or 4th.

And yes i do question their effort. Where was it on Saturday in a bloody quarter final of the Scottish Cup.

Ian Murray (who i like a lot fwiw) is like the fans entitled to his opinions. Just that IMO he'd have been better to have kept his out of the press and responded on the park by doing his talking their.

boomtownhibby
16-03-2010, 04:07 PM
You've replied to my post raising points i had already raised such as Ian Murray obviously being hurt etc..:confused:

So we're 5th in the SPL and still in the Scottish Cup after facing Irvine Meadow, Montrose and Ross County and that's some kind of over achievement?

I'm reasonably happy with our season thus far. A few weeks ago i was just a bit more than reasonably happy...

But we're Hibs. Not St Mirren or Kilmarnock. With the budget and support base we have it should all but gurantee a top six finish and we should always be competing for 3rd or 4th.

And yes i do question their effort. Where was it on Saturday in a bloody quarter final of the Scottish Cup.

Ian Murray (who i like a lot fwiw) is like the fans entitled to his opinions. Just that IMO he'd have been better to have kept his out of the press and responded on the park by doing his talking their.

i think we will finish in the top 6 , and correct me if im wrong , but aren't we competing for 3rd or 4th? Hibs have had a fantastic season thus far , and what more can we do in the scottish that beat what is put infront of us ? i think Hibs fan would have taken were we are just now . one point of third , 7 behind second and a 10 point gap my 6th placed HEARTS! and also this tie is by no means over . alright , we would have liked to have won at ER but by no means was it an easy game. I believe there is very little between the bottom 6 in the premier league and the top 6 in the first division . So far this has been a fantastic season for Hibs in a competitive league and could get better.

smurf
16-03-2010, 04:13 PM
i think we will finish in the top 6 , and correct me if im wrong , but aren't we competing for 3rd or 4th? Hibs have had a fantastic season thus far , and what more can we do in the scottish that beat what is put infront of us ? i think Hibs fan would have taken were we are just now . one point of third , 7 behind second and a 10 point gap my 6th placed HEARTS! and also this tie is by no means over . alright , we would have liked to have won at ER but by no means was it an easy game. I believe there is very little between the bottom 6 in the premier league and the top 6 in the first division . So far this has been a fantastic season for Hibs in a competitive league and could get better.

Exactly so all we're currently doing this season is what we'd expect to bloody be doing and that's why IMO Ian Murray's comments to the media were ridiculous. How can you say the season has been "Fantastic"? In what respect?

I agree with you in that i too would have taken where we are at the start of the season. But we've hardly over achieved as you are alluding too.:confused:

boomtownhibby
16-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Exactly so all we're currently doing this season is what we'd expect to bloody be doing and that's why IMO Ian Murray's comments to the media were ridiculous. How can you say the season has been "Fantastic"? In what respect?

I agree with you in that i too would have taken where we are at the start of the season. But we've hardly over achieved as you are alluding too.:confused:

what so you expect Hibs to over-acheive year after year ? It has been fantastic this season , we are right up in the mix for third , won at parkhead , scored a bucket load of goals . So for you if Hibs finished third this year it would just be acceptable and this should be the case anyway, so its nothing brilliant. Give Hibs some praise they are doing well this year. So basicially third place is a minimum and anything else is an utter failure ?

HFC 0-7
16-03-2010, 05:52 PM
The players and management want the same success the fans want. I dont believe any of the players are not trying, i believe a few are not good enough, but thats a differnt argument, as no amount of extra training imho will make them any better. Fans expectations have been raised, maybe too much for some, and they are hindering the team rather than supporting them imho.

The parts you highlighted on my previous post are rotten! You seem to put yourself in some sort of uberfan cateogry superior to most. Players have been booed for years and they get on with it, the best players rise above it and put more effort in to prove a point. If it wasnt for the fans booing over the years the club wouldnt have been so quick to change things. If we aplauded and never showed any displeasure at what we were seeing we would still have Mixu at our club. Berating is a different to booing. I dont think slagging a player by shouting your Sh*t* is productive but booing at half time and full time shows fans displeasure.

You seem to be the type of fan that doesnt want a bad word said about the club no matter what, even if the team is rotten. If the players are effected in a negative way from the booing and cant rise above it, they have a problem. Some of the players right now think they are putting in a shift and that the performances are OK, when its clear to every fan that its not. If we were all to applaud the team off the pitch when they play the worst football in a while they will think they are doing all right.

Its not a kids game of football here, its grown ups being paid thousands of punds per week for a dream job, if they cant deal with the pressure of the fans expectations they are in the wrong job.

We have been talking about the YAMS burying their heads in the sand at the performances of their team, it seems that on here now, people are doing the same. But hey, each to their own, some people dont like paying their money only for the players not to perform every week, but you maybe dont watch hibs all that often because of the distance so maybe it doesnt anger you as much as other.

Again, I dont boo but I perfectly understand why some do and as long as it is at half time or full time I dont see a problem.

Captain Trips
16-03-2010, 06:01 PM
The parts you highlighted on my previous post are rotten! You seem to put yourself in some sort of uberfan cateogry superior to most. Players have been booed for years and they get on with it, the best players rise above it and put more effort in to prove a point. If it wasnt for the fans booing over the years the club wouldnt have been so quick to change things. If we aplauded and never showed any displeasure at what we were seeing we would still have Mixu at our club. Berating is a different to booing. I dont think slagging a player by shouting your Sh*t* is productive but booing at half time and full time shows fans displeasure.

You seem to be the type of fan that doesnt want a bad word said about the club no matter what, even if the team is rotten. If the players are effected in a negative way from the booing and cant rise above it, they have a problem. Some of the players right now think they are putting in a shift and that the performances are OK, when its clear to every fan that its not. If we were all to applaud the team off the pitch when they play the worst football in a while they will think they are doing all right.

Its not a kids game of football here, its grown ups being paid thousands of punds per week for a dream job, if they cant deal with the pressure of the fans expectations they are in the wrong job.

We have been talking about the YAMS burying their heads in the sand at the performances of their team, it seems that on here now, people are doing the same. But hey, each to their own, some people dont like paying their money only for the players not to perform every week, but you maybe dont watch hibs all that often because of the distance so maybe it doesnt anger you as much as other.

Again, I dont boo but I perfectly understand why some do and as long as it is at half time or full time I dont see a problem.

I agree with a lot of that, we can suggest that booing doesnt help and in cases yes I may agree, I think there are cases when it may help. I can also give examples of when we have had a fantastic support and this hasnt reflected in the result but you wouldnt say supporting and singing were to blame. I think they are going to play good or bad regardless in most cases the booing is a fans way of venting and IMO should never be curbed.

Players cannot maintain the same performance for every game its seen as normal for them to dip, think that is only fair for fans too.

I cannot say that booing 100% helps nobody

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2010, 06:25 PM

:faf: Me an uberfan. :thumbsup:

HFC 0-7
16-03-2010, 06:43 PM
:faf: Me an uberfan. :thumbsup:

Yup, I found it laughable too!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-03-2010, 06:49 PM
If fans are not happy with the effort or commitment then they have every right to boo. I beleive Yogi has stated this as such, altho I do recall him once having "words" with some punters in the old South after an indifferent match. Don't mess with Yogi!

dannythehibee
18-03-2010, 04:46 PM

At the end of the day these players are supposed to be professionals and are being paid to go out and do a job and quite frankly the done very little, hence the reason we have a replay at county, IMO booing the team may get a message across to the players but not the right one.