PDA

View Full Version : there will be some bumps along the way

down-the-slope
14-03-2010, 08:10 PM
as said by yogi when we were on a great wining streak..being lauded and sitting pretty in terms of the league....

Now i'm sure he wasn't reffering to the playing surface..(although that happens to be true as well :wink:)

He wasn't getting carried away when we were ahead of shedule in terms of reshaping the team..I'm equally sure he won't be joining those reaching for the razor blades on here :rolleyes: now he has been proved correct.....

Its Hibs we support...there will always be ups and downs...right now i'm glad we are on a bigger better rollercoaster than for some time....and one thats not in danger of being closed down :notworthy:

matty_f
14-03-2010, 08:12 PM
as said by yogi when we were on a great wining streak..being lauded and sitting pretty in terms of the league....

Now i'm sure he wasn't reffering to the playing surface..(although that happens to be true as well :wink:)

He wasn't getting carried away when we were ahead of shedule in terms of reshaping the team..I'm equally sure he won't be joining those reaching for the razor blades on here :rolleyes: now he has been proved correct.....

Its Hibs we support...there will always be ups and downs...right now i'm glad we are on a bigger better rollercoaster than for some time....and one thats not in danger of being closed down :notworthy:
:top marks

I posted on another thread earlier that Yogi had set fans' expectations early in his time with us by saying that there would be highs and lows.

He knows he's got a big job ahead of him, but I am confident that he's up to it.

Mag7
14-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes there will be a few bumps along the way (eg the League Cup loss to St Johnstone, the SPL defeat at Hamilton, the 4-1 defeat by Rangers), but this time it seems to be more than a bump. For me there's a feeling that the foundations of this Hibs team have been exposed and they're actually made of sand. The speed with which much of the optimism has evaporated and been replaced with a return to the doom and gloom of the Mixu days is alarming and I think there's a lurking fear among many that not only does this season look likely to peter out but that if we carry on like this we could be on for a repeat of what happened under Collins ie a seemingly promising start followed by a dismal freefall.

down-the-slope
15-03-2010, 08:48 AM
After the split every game will be vital...and thats when the 'prizes' get handed out..post mortems will only be valid after the fat ladies sung

Golden Bear
15-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes there will be a few bumps along the way (eg the League Cup loss to St Johnstone, the SPL defeat at Hamilton, the 4-1 defeat by Rangers), but this time it seems to be more than a bump. For me there's a feeling that the foundations of this Hibs team have been exposed and they're actually made of sand. The speed with which much of the optimism has evaporated and been replaced with a return to the doom and gloom of the Mixu days is alarming and I think there's a lurking fear among many that not only does this season look likely to peter out but that if we carry on like this we could be on for a repeat of what happened under Collins ie a seemingly promising start followed by a dismal freefall.

:agree:

It's also very frustrating that many fans think that the root of the problem is Yogi's insistence in playing with 3 or 4 strikers every week. Inevitable we get overun in the middle of the park, but up until now, lessons have not been learnt.