PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fancy Craig Brown For Manager?

judas
14-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Just throwing one in there.

Certainly has the tactical nous and man management skills.

I think his calibre and our set up could gel extremely well.

In fact the more I think about it . .

Hainan Hibs
14-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Here's a helmet :tin hat:, better put it on:greengrin

Pa Broon has done an excellent job at Motherwell though, got them from mid table to looking like taking 3rd place.

Big Frank
14-03-2010, 08:41 PM
bolt

noseyhibby
14-03-2010, 08:41 PM

I'm happy to see Big Yogi continue and finish the job he has started. It's much too early to be thinking of his replacement. Yogi has his faults and hopefully he will prove to be successful and actually walk-the-walk as well as he talks-the-talk.
BTW Craig Brown is a good manager and knows how to set a team up to be difficult to beat.

sixtwo
14-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I didn't realise we were in the market for one. Our manager has us fighting for a european place and still in the cup. He gets my backing and anyone who is considering change at this stage (after a few mediocre results), obviously is not a supporter of the team and is very fickle indeed!:wink:

As an aside - Craig Brown is old enough to remember us winning the scottish cup!:agree:

H18sry
14-03-2010, 08:42 PM

:confused: why where is Yogi going :confused:

bongo'd
14-03-2010, 08:43 PM
No

matty_f
14-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Remember everyone wanting Gannon :faf: when he started well at (erm) Well, and also tons of folk wanting McGhoo because he started well at (erm again) Well.

I'm more than happy to keep the manager we've got just now, thanks very much.:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 08:44 PM

There's no doubting that he's doing a tremendous job for Motherwell and despite what some others may think I think he is a extremely good manager.

Would I like to see him at Hibs? Never say no - depends what success or lack of success Yogi brings to the club.

judas
14-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Remember everyone wanting Gannon :faf: when he started well at (erm) Well, and also tons of folk wanting McGhoo because he started well at (erm again) Well.

I'm more than happy to keep the manager we've got just now, thanks very much.:thumbsup:

I didn't fancy any of them.

But Brown has pedigree no?

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I have every faith in Mr Hughes he will turn round what form we are in atm and i have every faith in him and in Brian Rice!

As for MR Brown what a unexpected job he is doing at Motherwell ... got them playing good football and also a very good team in Defence deserves a lot of Credit but no someone i want at our football club

as far as i am concerned we have the right guy in charge :thumbsup:

Rory89
14-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd rather have a manager who we only have to worry about leaving for a bigger club, rather than a manager who we'd have to worry about him popping his clogs.

H18sry
14-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Aye CHUM he has :devil:

down the slope
14-03-2010, 09:11 PM
He must be a PAL !.

heidtheba
14-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Aye CHUM he has :devil:

Aye but he might Winalot with us...
:wink:

IAM only joking of course..

FranckSuzy
14-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Fit as a butcher's dog too!

down the slope
14-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Fit as a butcher's dog too!

But not as fit as a BAKER boy.

I Love Lamp
14-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I think that Yogi's tenure is just experiencing minor turbulence but that doesn't mean it won't be a successful flight.

One thing's for certain is that Hibs have changed manager far too often in recent years for a variety of reasons. Yogi should be given at least the same amount of time as Mowbray (unless things go catastrophically i.e. worse than under Mixu) so that as and when we do need to change managers, the job's not seen as a poisoned chalice.

I think Yogi has his failings in terms of tactical awareness. However, this is but one element of management. I certainly think that overall this is a team with much more quality in key positions than last year but a winning formula needs to be found.

I would support Hanlon and Hogg at CH with Bamba in front of the back four, McBride and Miller as the CMs and Stokes and Riordan up front. But, truth be told, I know **** all about **** all and my most fundamental thought is that we must show faith in the manager.

I Love Lamp
14-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh and, as to Craig Brown, whilst I imagine most Hibs fans would pass I think the Sheep might be a different story.

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Is that you Rodders?

johnrebus
14-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Not in club football he doesn't.

Just ask any Preston fan.

:greengrin

Gerard
14-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I didn't realise we were in the market for one. Our manager has us fighting for a european place and still in the cup. He gets my backing and anyone who is considering change at this stage (after a few mediocre results), obviously is not a supporter of the team and is very fickle indeed!:wink:

As an aside - Craig Brown is old enough to remember us winning the scottish cup!:agree:

Was that the first time?:wink::thumbsup::devil:
G

Craig_in_Prague
14-03-2010, 09:35 PM
I find that this thread even being posted, is completely insulting to Yogi.

He most definitely (and quickly) got most fans appetite for Hibs back, has made decent signings, got us playing the football (or attempting too) what the fans crave for, still in with a good chance of Europe, still in the cup, has finally solved our GK issue, etc.

Ok it's been dismal the last month or two, but Yogi has done an excellent job thus far, and who knows how the summer will go and with the chance of shifting more players and getting more in.

He knows what the fans want, he'll work his butt off to take us there, I find it pretty damn insulting and sad (even though it's just a message board), that we'd even discuss another potential manager.

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Well he's certainly a better manager than he was a player.

31 appearances in total between 1960 and 1971 for Dundee and Falkirk and not even a goal to show for it. Now he was either really bad at football or he was plagued by injuries. Maybe both.

rainman
15-03-2010, 05:05 AM

Not to mention the toe curlingly embarrassing "See I told you we should've got Gannon" thread after 'Well had strung 2 wins together.

bob12345
15-03-2010, 05:31 AM
I think that Yogi's tenure is just experiencing minor turbulence but that doesn't mean it won't be a successful flight.

One thing's for certain is that Hibs have changed manager far too often in recent years for a variety of reasons. Yogi should be given at least the same amount of time as Mowbray (unless things go catastrophically i.e. worse than under Mixu) so that as and when we do need to change managers, the job's not seen as a poisoned chalice.

I think Yogi has his failings in terms of tactical awareness. However, this is but one element of management. I certainly think that overall this is a team with much more quality in key positions than last year but a winning formula needs to be found.

I would support Hanlon and Hogg at CH with Bamba in front of the back four, McBride and Miller as the CMs and Stokes and Riordan up front. But, truth be told, I know **** all about **** all and my most fundamental thought is that we must show faith in the manager.

No width in midfield?

Toaods
15-03-2010, 07:52 AM

just like Yogi's done here then.

Notice Gannon's managed to start Peterborough winning, despite them being way out their depth in the Championship. Perhaps he was a bit too straight-talking for John Boyle and some very average player's liking, who didn't appreciate some home truths. I'd rather that than a load of 'all respect' guff about the opposition, it's only Hibs I'm interested in.

Time will tell who is the better manager..:wink:

The_Todd
15-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Obviously I missed the announcement of Yogi's resignation.

As others have so eloquently said: bolt.

alfieboi75
15-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Broon can stay where he is....Yogi will come good....its a matter of timing....fingers cross it starts now!!!!

Come on Hi Bees!!!!

WindyMiller
15-03-2010, 08:09 AM
just like Yogi's done here then.

Notice Gannon's managed to start Peterborough winning, despite them being way out their depth in the Championship. Perhaps he was a bit too straight-talking for John Boyle and some very average player's liking, who didn't appreciate some home truths. I'd rather that than a load of 'all respect' guff about the opposition, it's only Hibs I'm interested in.

Time will tell who is the better manager..:wink:

Interestingly they only started to get better results when Gannon admitted they were going to be relegated, which took the pressure off the players.