PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Messi

Barney McGrew
14-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Anyone watching the Barca v Valencia game tonight?

Messi is having one of his nights where he's absolutely unplayable for defenders, and he's just got another hattrick.

Best player in the world right now IMO.

Diclonius
14-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't be silly. Wayne Rooney is miles better than Messi, and he is going to win England the World Cup. :rolleyes:

marinello59
14-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't be silly. Wayne Rooney is miles better than Messi, and he is going to win England the World Cup. :rolleyes:

Rooney aint close to being as good as Messi but he will be one of the major stars of the World Cup. (And he might help England actually win it.With the manager they have now they could do it)

Cocaine&Caviar
14-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I know who i would rather play at Full back out of Messi and Rooney :greengrin

Allant1981
14-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Rooney aint close to being as good as Messi but he will be one of the major stars of the World Cup. (And he might help England actually win it.With the manager they have now they could do it)

England dont really have a cracking team though do they, compared to the top sides. A couple of good individual players but they dont have 4 or 5 world class players

Teo10
14-03-2010, 07:51 PM
He is unreal.:agree:

That is all I can say about him

Hamish
14-03-2010, 07:53 PM
QUOTE=Teo10;2387690]He is unreal

That is all I can say about him[/QUOTE]

He reminds me of a young Davie Fellenger.

marinello59
14-03-2010, 07:54 PM
England dont really have a cracking team though do they, compared to the top sides. A couple of good individual players but they dont have 4 or 5 world class players

:agree:
But what they do have is a manager capable of making them play as a formidable unit. Forget the John Terry shenanigans, that will all be forgotten about by the time they get together for the tournament.

Craig_in_Prague
14-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Messi has been the best player in the world for a good year or two... and continues to be so.

Ronaldo, Rooney etc recieve the media coverage coz of playing/played in England, but by god Messi is one of those real 'world class' players, ie. your Peles, Maradonas etc. Just special.

Rooney is indeed a top striker, he works hard on his game and really it's hard not to admire what he's achieving, but Messi is just gifted.

Hard to compare these 2 anyway as Rooney is an out and out old no.9 (even though he gives more than that), where as Messi is more of one of your 'other' strikers/attackers.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-03-2010, 08:00 PM

You could argue for Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, and Rooney

Cole and Rooney are certaintys IMO, others are debatable, but definite contenders.

southfieldshibby
14-03-2010, 08:48 PM
As much as i don't like to think about it, world cups can often be won with great individual performers. Rossi 82, maradona 86, Ronaldo 02 so Rooney could play a massive part especially as England are in the best half of the draw.

Saying that IMO Messi is miles better than ANY player on the palnet right now.:agree: