PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day at Easter Road

Jamesie
14-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Anyone else there today? It was my first time dining at Easter Road and I'll be back.

We were booked for 12:30 but due to a power surge they were running behind slightly, but no problems, a complementary bar put on to apologise for the delay.

An absolute mountain of top notch food in the form of three courses, and a box of chocolates for every mum. Opportunity to go out into the West stand and get photos taken etc. A very attentive Antipodean waiter (thankfully we got him as opposed to the disinterested Polish waiter who was serving other tables).

I had some reservations about the Azure dining experience, thinking it may be that they traded on the Hibs brand and therefore standards may not be what they should, but I was happy to be proven wrong. :top marks

matty_f
14-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone else there today? It was my first time dining at Easter Road and I'll be back.

We were booked for 12:30 but due to a power surge they were running behind slightly, but no problems, a complementary bar put on to apologise for the delay.

An absolute mountain of top notch food in the form of three courses, and a box of chocolates for every mum. Opportunity to go out into the West stand and get photos taken etc. A very attentive Antipodean waiter (thankfully we got him as opposed to the disinterested Polish waiter who was serving other tables).

I had some reservations about the Azure dining experience, thinking it may be that they traded on the Hibs brand and therefore standards may not be what they should, but I was happy to be proven wrong. :top marks

I quite fancy booking in for a meal there, I can't recall hearing anyone having a bad experience there.

Riordans Boots
14-03-2010, 09:30 PM

Might suggest or drop major hints for next year to hubby :agree:

Mothers Day - Have not sat down :grr:

Hibs Class
14-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Might suggest or drop major hints for next year to hubby :agree:

Mothers Day - Have not sat down :grr:

Why wait until next year - get there in June for Fathers Day :agree:

PathheadHibby
14-03-2010, 09:48 PM
my sister took Mum today also for 1230 and they were raving about it, from service to very good food. Mum said it was 'perfect' to the nice bloke who asked at the end how it all was.......Well done Hibs (just need to get the professionalism and standards back up to where they should be on the park)

Riordans Boots
14-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Why wait until next year - get there in June for Fathers Day :agree:

Believe it or not, we had the discussion - Fathers day will be Mothers day all over again and I get spoiled :agree:

Jamesie
14-03-2010, 10:10 PM
my sister took Mum today also for 1230 and they were raving about it, from service to very good food. Mum said it was 'perfect' to the nice bloke who asked at the end how it all was.......Well done Hibs (just need to get the professionalism and standards back up to where they should be on the park)

I'm guessing your sister must have been the blonde girl two tables down from us! Your mum and sister arrived about the same time as us.

ArabHibee
14-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Good to hear. It must just be the BTG clientele that they treat like crap! :greengrin

Jamesie
14-03-2010, 10:39 PM
If they put out even half of what they did today on a normal Sunday for a tenner then I'll be there every week!

IWasThere2016
14-03-2010, 10:41 PM
The dining/hospy at ER must be as good as you'll get anywhere.

Certainly amongst the very best I've had at dozens of grounds/corporate hospy days.

Removed
14-03-2010, 10:59 PM
The dining/hospy at ER must be as good as you'll get anywhere.

Certainly amongst the very best I've had at dozens of grounds/corporate hospy days.

It all depends on the age and experience of hospitality staff you get imo. When I was in hospitality recently there were a few wrong drinks getting brought to our table because of communication issues and I wouldn't say that I was overly impressed with the food serving staff. Might be good for hospitality standards but not up there with a decent hotel imo.

PC Stamp
14-03-2010, 11:02 PM
It all depends on the age and experience of hospitality staff you get imo. When I was in hospitality recently there were a few wrong drinks getting brought to our table because of communication issues and I wouldn't say that I was overly impressed with the food serving staff. Might be good for hospitality standards but not up there with a decent hotel imo.

The service BTG was excellent that day. I had a wee word with the catering manager and got him to swap the staff over to gain some valuable experience. :greengrin

Jamesie
14-03-2010, 11:03 PM

I think that is spot on. When we arrived and I asked the Polish waiter if it was free seating or whether we had a table assigned for us he completely ignored me - not even an "I'm sorry?"

On the other hand the Antipodean guy and another Scottish waiter couldn't have been more attentive. :top marks

ArabHibee
14-03-2010, 11:07 PM
A few interesting posts on here about service in various parts of the ground. Maybe another good reason for there to be a matchday hospitality manager? :hmmm:

Removed
14-03-2010, 11:20 PM
The service BTG was excellent that day. I had a wee word with the catering manager and got him to swap the staff over to gain some valuable experience. :greengrin

:greengrin Obviously for only 1 week

One improvement BTG on Saturday though, there were 2 tables pushed together with 8 seats and a reserved notice in the middle with my name on it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic service :cool2:

StevieC
15-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I quite fancy booking in for a meal there, I can't recall hearing anyone having a bad experience there.

I've been close to half a dozen times, for various mothers/fathers day dinners, over the last few years.

Mostly it has been very good but I did have a really bad experience at a Mothers Day one a couple of years ago. Service was terrible, food wasn't up to scratch, etc. but, to be fair, a letter of complaint was dealt with professionally and a free sunday lunch for 2 was provided as an apology.

Jack
15-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Really good to hear that things have improved.

Up till recently we would go there on a Sunday to celebrate family birthdays, maybe up to 10 of us 4 or 5 times a year. It had got so bad, poor service; courses missing, no sweets!!!; food that wasn’t quite bad enough to complain about but wasn’t very good, Carling lager, even no red wine on one occasion, that we stopped going altogether and it would take one helluva lot of persuading to get them to go back. Maybe though.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2010, 11:21 AM
:greengrin Obviously for only 1 week

One improvement BTG on Saturday though, there were 2 tables pushed together with 8 seats and a reserved notice in the middle with my name on it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic service :cool2:

:grr: