PDA

View Full Version : 24,000 at Ibrox!!

noseyhibby
14-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition anymore. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.

but if they/we get to the final....the missing fans will return in their thousands :wink:

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 05:09 PM
It's tough to get to Glasgow from Inverness, Aberdeen, Orkney and Belfast for a 12:05pm kick off. :wink:

matty_f
14-03-2010, 05:11 PM
but if they/we get to the final....the missing fans will return in their thousands :wink:

You say that like it's a bad thing, yet if we only took 12k to Hampden there'd be an uproar on here.

.Sean.
14-03-2010, 05:14 PM
It's tough to get to Glasgow from Inverness, Aberdeen, Orkney and Belfast for a 12:05pm kick off. :wink:
You said it :aok:

whereswallace?
14-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I got told today it was only £3 for a child to get into ibrox today,surely even the ****miest weegie could afford to go.

matty_f
14-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I got told today it was only £3 for a child to get into ibrox today,surely even the ****miest weegie could afford to go.

You'd think so, there's bound to have been many a Weegie wain desperate to take it's maw to the game for mothers day!

Iggy Pope
14-03-2010, 09:13 PM
You'd think so, there's bound to have been many a Weegie wain desperate to take it's maw to the game for mothers day!

Huns have mothers?

TornadoHibby
14-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition anymore. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.

It was live on cooncil tv so I imagine that might have had something to do with it in these "post" recessionary times! :agree: :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Huns have mothers? Just as well it isnae Fathers Day that wouldve been a lot trickier for a lot of them!

Joe Baker II
15-03-2010, 03:34 PM

Precisely and also not convenient for people from Dundee I imagine, Rangers probably have 2-3,000 regulars living in Edinburgh and more in rest of Lothians/Central Scotland - in fact for anyone outwith Glasgow was a pretty early start.

Was it really beyond BBC to show this game at 3pm - pathetic from BBC and not very impressed clubs who knew the distances involved (via the SFA presumably) agreed to 1205 start.

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Couldn't care less about the transport problems faced by plastic psuedo bigots in small towns. I'd play all huns and celtic games at 4.00 am, preferably behind closed doors.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Couldn't care less about the transport problems faced by plastic psuedo bigots in small towns. I'd play all huns and celtic games at 4.00 am, preferably behind closed doors.

I agree. In fact, can we deduce that there are in fact a mere 20+ thousand genuine supporters of Rangers who actually reside in Glasgow., and the rest come from out-with. Just think if these glory hunters actually went to watch their local teams how radically different and competitive Scottish football might become.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Aye but how much was the flights from Belfast and London costing?

Joe Baker II
15-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Yes but those who can see the bigger picture can see that all of Scottish football suffers if Scottish Cup loses appeal - much more important long-term worry which merits more than gloating about fans of other clubs in an absurdly stereoptypical view being inconvenienced (plus United fans were also inconvenienced).

O'Rourke3
15-03-2010, 08:22 PM
:hijack: Half full stadium destroys their argument for more than 50% tickets for the final based on their season tickets, as clearly those ST holders didn't all go..

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I agree. In fact, can we deduce that there are in fact a mere 20+ thousand genuine supporters of Rangers who actually reside in Glasgow., and the rest come from out-with. Just think if these glory hunters actually went to watch their local teams how radically different and competitive Scottish football might become.

When coming back from Ibrox it's unbelievable the amount of Rangers supporter buses you see even once you reach Livingston area.

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Scottish Football would die without the Old Firm. :agree:

weecounty hibby
15-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Bull****. The Old Firm would die without the rest of Scottish football. It has been proved time after time no one else wants them. They need Scottish football more than it needs them. If only the rest of us had the balls to stand up to them and their pet referees and the kow towers at the SFA etc.

vahibbie
15-03-2010, 09:40 PM

I think winning the Scottish Cup in front of the same numbers would be even better. Just I'm no too auld to enjoy it.:wink:

Thigh ar la
15-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I think each individual in the team should treat the old firm with total contempt and play accordingly. the problem is that they have no expectation heaped upon them by the institution that is Hibernian F.C. they think that its no big deal to get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Ross County for example. The path is clear for the Ugly Sisters to be destroyed but no other club has the balls to carry it out...

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
15-03-2010, 10:11 PM
That is a good hun crowd. I remember pre Souness glory hunting when they were getting half that.

MB62
16-03-2010, 12:28 PM

:devil: :stirrer: :fishin: :greengrin

jgl07
16-03-2010, 02:26 PM
That is a good hun crowd. I remember pre Souness glory hunting when they were getting half that.
Were they not down to 4,000 to 5,000 at one point while Ibrox was being reconstructed and Aberdeen and Dundee United ruling the roost?

There were certainly that sort of home support towards the end of the two 3-0 Hibs wins at Ibrox.

Phil D. Rolls
16-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Bull****. The Old Firm would die without the rest of Scottish football. It has been proved time after time no one else wants them. They need Scottish football more than it needs them. If only the rest of us had the balls to stand up to them and their pet referees and the kow towers at the SFA etc.

I know, I was making a joke. (Yes I know it wasn't funny).