PDA

View Full Version : How do you console yourself on a Sunday after such a pathetic display?

Hakim Sar
14-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch sportscene last night - nevermind the Sunday papers today. don't want to see any of the football on telly so i'm burying my head in the sand a bit!!!

How do you deal with such a crappy result on a Sunday?

Hakim Sar
14-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Classic. Naebody else need respond. Think that one sums it all up

Ian dowie calls it bounce-back-ability. Just stroke her face and call her darling

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch sportscene last night - nevermind the Sunday papers today. don't want to see any of the football on telly so i'm burying my head in the sand a bit!!!

Tend not to dwell on it too much (well unless it's against the yams, thats always a bad one, especially at work)...

noseyhibby
14-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Simple: I console myself knowing that I saved £35 from not going to the match.

One Day Soon
14-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I generally just wait for half.time.draw to start a thread later that night and then pi5h myself laughing.

matty_f
14-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I generally just wait for half.time.draw to start a thread later that night and then pi5h myself laughing.

:tee hee:

I watched the highlights this morning, and while I appreciate that they're condensed and don't always reflect how a game's gone - we were nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

I'm not saying we were bad, just not as bad as I thought it would be.

Small consolation, but consolation nonetheless.

joe breezy
14-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I think it was a great result, we are lucky we didn't get beat. We're still in the cup and Hearts got beat.

If everyone is suicidal over a draw I do wonder when they became Hibs fans :confused:

Hibs were rubbish when I started going to games, I've never expected Hibs to be successful, football's a social thing for me, the 90 minutes of unintelligent over paid young men kicking a ball around is a mere distraction.

But I still think getting a replay is a great result on reflection as by all accounts we should be out.

It is this kind of luck winners need. Hearts drew against a crap team to win the cup remember?

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I just tell her I did my best. I enjoyed it anyway.

:top marks:top marks:faf:

The Harp
14-03-2010, 04:22 PM
:tee hee:

I watched the highlights this morning, and while I appreciate that they're condensed and don't always reflect how a game's gone - we were nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

I'm not saying we were bad, just not as bad as I thought it would be.

Small consolation, but consolation nonetheless.

My thoughts were something similar. Think the highlights shown were kind to us - could it be a Hibee doing the editing at the beeb??? :hmmm:
Here's hoping we can get back on track against the Gorgie mob before our highland adventure.
No one said it was going to be easy being a Hibee - but does it have to be this hard? :rolleyes: