PDA

View Full Version : Hughes & Jefferies

Carheenlea
14-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Good interview with Yogi and Jumbo in this mornings Scotland on Sunday

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Jambo-Jefferies-and-Hibee.6150335.jp

I think it`s great that we have two local guys in the opposing dug-out`s next week, and two guys that are dyed-in-the-wool Hibs and Hearts fans who whilst being pretty good friends, will be as desperate as each other to win knowing full well what Derby's are all about.

I hate the way the rivalry with Hearts has went, but I`d like to see it get back to what came across in the interviews in today's paper, passionate Hibs and Hearts people, desperate to dish out a big defeat to one another, desperate to finish above each other in the league etc but still able to be civil, and have a good banter about it all without resorting to the kind of bile and petty, childish insults, and some seriously derogatory name calling you see on Kickback, and to a lesser degree, on here.

There is certainly a warming of the relationship in the dug-outs, but I guess we may never get back to the relationship the fans enjoyed many moons ago.

heretoday
14-03-2010, 11:27 AM
It's a heart-warming article and the guys obviously go back a long way and are big pals.

That respect and camaraderie has completely disappeared from the derby terraces.

I'm not blind to the fact that we had to dodge a few cans and bottles back in the 60/70s but there was a far healthier rivalry then than now.

The desperate hatred thing wasn't there.