PDA

View Full Version : Please Hibs, take the cup seriously!

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 08:23 AM
History tells us that Hibs don't travel well to Inverness but why should that be. Is it because of the long bus journey prior to thre game?

C'mon Hibs treat this game like a big final and book the Hibs team in to an overnight stay at a good hotel where they can spend the day of the game with a light training session and relaxing. get the players focussing 100% on our biggest game of the season so far.

DarlingtonHibee
14-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Agree 100% - they should not be travelling up on the day of the game.

Apart from the obvious chance to try and progress and shut the Yams up, getting through to the semi, could be a real money spinner, especially if the Old Firm draw each other.

Hainan Hibs
14-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Hotel? Are you mad?

It's Rod Petrie. He'll be hammering out a discount with Megabus as we speak:agree:.

bobbyhibs1983
14-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Hotel? Are you mad?

It's Rod Petrie. He'll be hammering out a discount with Megabus as we speak:agree:.

is he? well what a guy i say.
as the saying goes, in rod we trust:top marks

DarlingtonHibee
14-03-2010, 09:35 AM
In Rod I trust as well.

I'm sure he will have worked out the financial benefit's of getting to the semi's !! :thumbsup:

Bob Box Fish
14-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Good idea.

If we were to win hotel costs would be easily recouped from semi final £.

SmashinGlass
14-03-2010, 10:00 AM
History tells us that Hibs don't travel well to Inverness but why should that be. Is it because of the long bus journey prior to thre game?

C'mon Hibs treat this game like a big final and book the Hibs team in to an overnight stay at a good hotel where they can spend the day of the game with a light training session and relaxing. get the players focussing 100% on our biggest game of the season so far.

That's all very well and good, but Ross County play in Dingwall :wink:

I agree 100% with your thoughts though :agree:

LamontHFC©
14-03-2010, 10:00 AM
They stayed in hotel's when we played Inverness up there the night before. :agree:

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 10:03 AM
They stayed in hotel's when we played Inverness up there the night before. :agree:

Are you sure??

PC Stamp
14-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Are you sure??

LamontHFC is correct.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I think they bussed it the first time (a midweek 3-0 horsing) but then made other arrangements for the other games (which were generally played at 3pm). I remember Mowbray moaning about that in the paper the first time.

Jim44
14-03-2010, 10:37 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with travelling or routine or anything like that. I honestly think it boils down to attitude. Yogi and the supporters can talk till they are blue in the face about adopting the right attitude and respecting their 'lowly' opposition but unless the players get their heads round the fact that they don't have a divine right to win all these 'easy' games, we'll continue to be there for the beating by any team with desire and passion.

down the slope
14-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with travelling or routine or anything like that. I honestly think it boils down to attitude. Yogi and the supporters can talk till they are blue in the face about adopting the right attitude and respecting their 'lowly' opposition but unless the players get their heads round the fact that they don't have a divine right to win all these 'easy' games, we'll continue to be there for the beating by any team with desire and passion.

Spot on in my view, just wait though as you will soon be told that is not the Hibernian way !.

heretoday
14-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Good post Mr Mandela.

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Sorry to say but i dont thik they did, they traveled up on the day of the game, under Mowbray the team stayed in a hotel before games up there.

marinello59
14-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry to say but i dont thik they did, they traveled up on the day of the game, under Mowbray the team stayed in a hotel before games up there.

They stayed in a hotel the night before under Mixu as well.

BEEJ
14-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Are you sure??

LamontHFC is correct.

I think they bussed it the first time (a midweek 3-0 horsing) but then made other arrangements for the other games (which were generally played at 3pm). I remember Mowbray moaning about that in the paper the first time.

They stayed in a hotel the night before under Mixu as well.
LamontHFC is correct. I can confirm as fact that the team stayed in the Thistle Hotel Inverness on Saturday 20th January 2007 on the eve of an SPL match at the Caledonian stadium. I was staying there that night as well!! :greengrin

Met a few of the players - Sproule, Jones, Benji, Brown - great time. :thumbsup: Mind you, they still got cuffed 3-0 on the Sunday. :bitchy:

I'm sure RP will make the necessary arrangements next week to ensure that the team is not disadvantaged by a penny-pinching approach to travel arrangements.

Although if they lose, they can all hitch-hike back to Edinburgh as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

Hakim Sar
14-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm disgusted with hibs after yesterday! and I hope some if the players read this site.

They should be ashamed!!! I can handle a draw if we have tried our best but everything was pathetic yesterday! total embarassment.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 04:31 PM

It didn't really benefit us then :bitchy:.. i do think we should go up the day before though.:agree:

Spike Mandela
22-03-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/21/travelling-to-dingwall-night-before-replay-can-keep-hibs-fresh-for-win-says-john-rankin-86908-22128021/

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 05:02 PM
The players I believe trained at EM this morning, had lunch and then left for Dingwall.

Heard a wee story that Hibs actually wanted to travel up tomorrow and stay overnight after the game.

Didn't see the point in that myself and the players seemed to think likewise.

Keith_M
22-03-2010, 05:39 PM
OK, now that's sorted, on to the next serious topic.

Where should the semi-final be played? I realise it's likely to be Hampden but isn't that a bit unfair....

...on Ross County?

:duck: