PDA

View Full Version : Positives from yesterday

sunshine1875
14-03-2010, 08:05 AM
We are still in the cup albeit with a tricky replay in Dingwall.
Ross County would have beaten most SPL teams on yesterday's display - I am sure they would have beaten the Yams and given Celtic a good game
We are still in the cup.
Hanlon played well except for the last 5 minutes or so.
Ross County fans - nothing like the Irvine Meadow ****
Good applause by the Hibees for the County players when they left the field at the end.
Did I mention, we are still in the cup.
Was a good game to watch for the neutral.
See, quite a few positives.

ronaldo7
14-03-2010, 08:12 AM
:tin hat:Oi...You forgot the West stand outsinging the South(east):rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
14-03-2010, 08:38 AM
We are still in the cup albeit with a tricky replay in Dingwall.
Ross County would have beaten most SPL teams on yesterday's display - I am sure they would have beaten the Yams and given Celtic a good game
We are still in the cup.
Hanlon played well except for the last 5 minutes or so.
Ross County fans - nothing like the Irvine Meadow ****
Good applause by the Hibees for the County players when they left the field at the end.
Did I mention, we are still in the cup.
Was a good game to watch for the neutral.
See, quite a few positives.

Clutching at straws mate, you should have know your thread was a no goer when you had to pad the positives out by repeating yourself twice and resorting to ' we clapped their fans off'.

Only positive for me is that we managed to hold on for a draw and still have a chance of progressing.

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 08:44 AM
One positive nobody mentioned is the fact we scored 2 goals. On the few occasions we put pressure on their defence and goalie they looked vulnerable,(not as vulnerable as us on the day unfortunately).

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I quite enjoyed a steak pie at HT, cannae think of anything else!

mim
14-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I quite enjoyed my 12 til 8 shift at work. :wink:

The_Todd
14-03-2010, 11:13 AM
The view I got from row RR of the South Upper was incredible, especially as a former Eastie. Incredible it costs the same as an East ticket would have.

That was my positive.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I quite enjoyed a steak pie at HT, cannae think of anything else!

Same, even though i asked for a mince pie but the dafty gave me a steak pie instead, it was worth it though.

Jim44
14-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Another positive.................... If we are lucky enough to win the replay and we meet Rangers or Celtic in the semis or final, they might just take a win for granted and let us surprise them as rank outsider giantkillers. :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
14-03-2010, 07:14 PM
The view I got from row RR of the South Upper was incredible, especially as a former Eastie. Incredible it costs the same as an East ticket would have.

That was my positive.

:agree:Thats where i was as well. Quality:greengrin

Irish_Steve
14-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Another positive...

Our phsyio beat their physio when Nid has his head-knock - mind you, the Ross County physio looked about 70!

Was class when our physio returned to the dug-out and the West gave him a big round of applause!

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 11:06 PM
:agree:Thats where i was as well. Quality:greengrin

I was somewhere in that area until the rightful owners of the seats turned up (10 minutes late I should add :grr:) and I realised that my tickets said South Lower. :doh:

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 11:09 PM
The only positive that I could possibly take out of yesterday's match is that we are still in the cup.

I can't think of anything else.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2010, 11:24 PM
The only positive that I could possibly take out of yesterday's match is that we are still in the cup.

I can't think of anything else.

How about Deeks took his goal really well?

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Perhaps.

I was in the west stand up near the FF so I didn't see it very well and maybe didn't fully appreciate how good it was.

That's my excuse. :wink:

Jonnyboy
14-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Perhaps.

I was in the west stand up near the FF so I didn't see it very well and maybe didn't fully appreciate how good it was.

That's my excuse. :wink:

:greengrin

It was a beezer, honest :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Three positives.

1. We didn't get charged for the 2 cokes, cup of tea, pizza and chips at half-time. Well if you don't ask for the money you don't get it. The only downside of it was that it wasn't my turn to splash the cash. :greengrin

2. The entertainment from the east stand was much better than usual. Missed some of the match due to watching the guys from Village People retrieving the ball when it was kicked into touch.

3. Only a 3 minute wait at the bus stop on Leith Walk instead of 10-15.

Shrekko
15-03-2010, 12:13 AM

:agree:

Deek is gradually starting to look himself again and when there's very little between most SPL teams that is a big plus as a player like him could be the difference between winning and losing.

That was definitely the one main positive from Saturday.

I also though Nish played well but there are enough threads about who agrees and disagrees with that.

The negatives are almost endless though sadly.

500miles
15-03-2010, 12:30 AM
About halfway through the first half Wotherspoon made a slack pass back, and we were nearly punished, leaving Wotherspoon looking sheepish. 5 minutes later, Yogi had called him over, and the laddie had a smile on his after a few words. I think thats exactly the right way to manage youngsters at any level - encourage them to enjoy thier football, lift the worries from thier shoulders, and allow them to express themselves.

People keep saying he's not a right back. He might not be, and I don't think it is his best position, but Whittaker also had a similar run of poor performances, towards the end of his first season and into his second. Now Whittaker has a fair claim to be first choice Scotland right back after scoring a barrel load of goals, and Hutton not getting his game.

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 01:03 AM
About halfway through the first half Wotherspoon made a slack pass back, and we were nearly punished, leaving Wotherspoon looking sheepish. 5 minutes later, Yogi had called him over, and the laddie had a smile on his after a few words. I think thats exactly the right way to manage youngsters at any level - encourage them to enjoy thier football, lift the worries from thier shoulders, and allow them to express themselves.

People keep saying he's not a right back. He might not be, and I don't think it is his best position, but Whittaker also had a similar run of poor performances, towards the end of his first season and into his second. Now Whittaker has a fair claim to be first choice Scotland right back after scoring a barrel load of goals, and Hutton not getting his game.

I will tell you Wotherspoon wasn't smiling in the changing room after the game thats for sure.

The_Horde
15-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I will tell you Wotherspoon wasn't smiling in the changing room after the game thats for sure.

Ragin' with himself or did someone have a go at him? :wink:

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Ragin' with himself or did someone have a go at him? :wink:

Words were said to him, but he was not the only one.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I liked it when one of the marshalls tried to tell someone to sit down and the whole south stood and started singing

"Stand up if you hate jam tarts"

That was sadly one of the few highlights

BEEJ
15-03-2010, 08:00 PM

:greengrin

It was a beezer, honest :greengrin
Get the boy up front with Stokes! :thumbsup: No more of this left-wing nonsense.

BEEJ
15-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Words were said to him, but he was not the only one.:wink:
Blamed for their equaliser, probably.

Hope Yogi gave himself a good talking to at the same time for his part in the proceedings..