PDA

View Full Version : Effort?

proud_and_green
14-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Having now had a cahance to think about today's game and not bing one who tends to either start a thread of moan about the team.

Today was awful.

I watched Arsenal and Man U earlier this week, and whilst there is no comparison in the class of player, what struck me about what we have seen in the last few weeks is not about class but about workrate and effort.

For me of the starting line up only Nish, Riordan and Hanlon got pass marks, The rest i'm afraid were also rans, Of the subs, Galbraith, i thought, showed a bit of fire and determination, but .......the rest... By theway that is not taking anything away from Ross County, they are a decent team, and if we had won, that would have been extremely unfair on them.

For the second goal nobod was interested they all switched off, but that's ok they still get paid....!

Arsenal and Man U have plaers who work solidly and at full throttle for the whole game - we have players who walk on to the park and not much else. 30 mins seems to be the most we can expect of them out of 90.

I am not clear about where this comes from, but i do know where it should stop, that is with the manager, Yogi has to make a few examples and tell them what is expected and wat happens if that is not delivered.

Work rate and passion are completel absent from our team.

I have never booed a Hibs team and didn't today but i did feel that perhaps, for their lack of application today the team deserved them today and in spades.

I only hope that they understand the depths they have sunk to today and try - i was going to say harder but i'll leave it at TRY - next week.

This could be a good team if they only put in the effort>

Lazy, lazy, lazy and incredibly disappointed (and angry - and sad).

C'mon the Cabbage, let's get it sorted!!

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Having now had a cahance to think about today's game and not bing one who tends to either start a thread of moan about the team.

Today was awful.

I watched Arsenal and Man U earlier this week, and whilst there is no comparison in the class of player, what struck me about what we have seen in the last few weeks is not about class but about workrate and effort.

For me of the starting line up only Nish, Riordan and Hanlon got pass marks, The rest i'm afraid were also rans, Of the subs, Galbraith, i thought, showed a bit of fire and determination, but .......the rest... By theway that is not taking anything away from Ross County, they are a decent team, and if we had won, that would have been extremely unfair on them.

For the second goal nobod was interested they all switched off, but that's ok they still get paid....!

Arsenal and Man U have plaers who work solidly and at full throttle for the whole game - we have players who walk on to the park and not much else. 30 mins seems to be the most we can expect of them out of 90.

I am not clear about where this comes from, but i do know where it should stop, that is with the manager, Yogi has to make a few examples and tell them what is expected and wat happens if that is not delivered.

I have never booed a Hibs team and didn't today but i did feel that perhaps, for their lack of application today the team deserved them today and in spades.

I only hope that they understand the depths they have sunk to today and try - i was going to say harder but i'll leave it at TRY - next week.

:top marks Short changed!

How many 'LAZY' attacking players can come on the pitch & do NOTHING!!!!

But everybody has a go at Rankin :bitchy:

lucky
14-03-2010, 02:43 AM

Today was awful.

For me of the starting line up only Nish, Riordan and Hanlon got pass marks, The rest I'm afraid were also rans, Of the subs, Galbraith, i thought, showed a bit of fire and determination, but .......the rest... By the way that is not taking anything away from Ross County, they are a decent team, and if we had won, that would have been extremely unfair on them.

If we had players of Man Utd attitude they would leave ASAP. Remember we are HIBERNIAN FC. We win **** all and we hate Dundee, cant be be bothered to type the rest. its sleep time x

proud_and_green
14-03-2010, 02:55 AM
If we had players of Man Utd attitude they would leave ASAP. Remember we are HIBERNIAN FC. We win **** all and we hate Dundee, cant be be bothered to type the rest. its sleep time x

**** that!! I don't want to be Man U or Arsenal, but i don't want to see players that take my money and then turn round and moon me!! I know we're not Man U or Arsenal, but talent has nothing to do with effort, anyone can work hard - apart from, it would seem, this team. And hard work could make the difference with this team! They really could be good, even veru good!!!

If any one of us put in the effort that our players are doing at the moment, we would soon find ourselves out on our backsides!!

But then, if we were them, we wouldn't be bothered about our backsides!!

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 03:09 AM
**** that!! I don't want to be Man U or Arsenal, but i do want to see players that take my money and then turn round and moon me!! I know we're not Man U or Arsenal, but talent has nothing to do with effort, anyone can work hard - apart from, it would seem, this team. And hard work could make the difference with this team! They really could be good, even veru good!!!

If any one of us put in the effort that our players are doing at the moment, we would soon find ourselves out on our backsides!!

But then, if we were them, we wouldn't be bothered about our backsides!!

Who cares about English fitba?

:bitchy:

Iain G
14-03-2010, 03:28 AM

Today was awful.

Well said, this has been a problem at Easter Road for a number of years, even under Mowbray we struggled to get players to work hard and apply themselves to games where it wasn't going their way, it had looked like Yogi had knocked this team into shape but it seems to have slipped away again. Perhaps getting them out running up and down sand dunes again and round Arthur Seat in the snow would get this into their thick skulls!

I think John Collins tried to get them to apply themselves as professional sportsmen but look where that ended up, it's either our players mentality or something but it seems to have blighted Hibs teams for a number of years now, too many players not applying themselves, if they are not carefull will be out the door come the summer and hopefully Yogi can bring in some players willing to work for 90 mins of a game or give out eager young players their chance.