PDA

View Full Version : Nerves.

Diclonius
13-03-2010, 09:04 PM
That was what got me today. Granted, the tactics were questionable, but it seemed that though every member of the team was **** scared of going out of the cup to Ross County, and this was channelled into a complete inability to play football as opposed to an extra drive to win.

Very worrying.

tbfhibs
13-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Nothing to do with nerves just who wanted it most, lets win it up there.

The_Horde
14-03-2010, 04:02 AM
I think the OP has a good point.

Our players looked like they were *****ing themselves, the ball was a hot potato, naebody had the ability/confidence to get the ball down and try to make it happen.

Whereas County played some really good stuff.

Bottle merchants?

Hopefully by the replay we'll have Bamba and Zouma back and, most of all, a confident Liam Miller.

Without these i feel, we will probably go out.

Aldo
14-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Teams from lower divisions are always going to up the ante against higheer league opposition. Its all about knocking the stuffing out of them early doors and when Nish scored after 7 I thought that would be it however the longer the game went at 2 - 1 there was only one team up for it and going to score and that was RC.

Lets face it you need a bit of luck in the cup and TBH we should be beating teams like that with the quality we have in our team.

Yeah they had more bottle and were up for it but the likes of Miller and yes the club capt Hogg should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making sure everyone does their job and does it well.

I personally think we need to play 3 at the back with Hogg Bamba and Hanlon
Get Murray back into the Middle adds a bit of Steel and a born winner, along with Miller and McBride and Deek and Stokes up front.

Need Zuma back on form and running at teams. Players dont like that.

Still in the cup but alot of hard work will be required to beat a good RC side.

:thumbsup:

O and remember we are Hibs fans and nothing is every straight forward...the word is EXPECTATION!!!

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I think the OP has a good point.

Our players looked like they were *****ing themselves, the ball was a hot potato, naebody had the ability/confidence to get the ball down and try to make it happen.

Whereas County played some really good stuff.

Bottle merchants?

Hopefully by the replay we'll have Bamba and Zouma back and, most of all, a confident Liam Miller.

Without these i feel, we will probably go out.

We definitely need Zemmama back as their is a real lack of creativity at the moment, i think starting both Zemmama and Galbraith would be a good idea but can't see it happening.