PDA

View Full Version : Well done to the ref today.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:11 PM
It's too easy for us to pick on the man in the middle. I thought he done well today, he didn't get all the decisions right obviously, but did try to let the game flow. Also, importantly, he did let out first goal stand which from where I was (a long way away in the FF) looked as though their keeper was fouled.

Don't get me started on the East Stand linesman though. :confused:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:13 PM
It's too easy for us to pick on the man in the middle. I thought he done well today, he didn't get all the decisions right obviously, but did try to let the game flow. Also, importantly, he did let out first goal stand which from where I was (a long way away in the FF) looked as though their keeper was fouled.

Don't get me started on the East Stand linesman though. :confused:

Apart from the glaring instance in the first half when he failed to play the advantage rule after Miller was fouled but Hibs had the ball going forward :wink:

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:15 PM
. Also, importantly, he did let out first goal stand which from where I was (a long way away in the FF) looked as though their keeper was fouled.

you mean he missed that too.

CallumLaidlaw
13-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Totally disagree. He did not want to use his cards for as long as possible. He pulled the game back when we were attacking, then never booked anyone, he booked Riordan for complaining about an absolutely blatant handballm and also he stopped the game whenever the ball went more than 20yards away from him as he was so unfit!!

ronaldo7
13-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Apart from the glaring instance in the first half when he failed to play the advantage rule after Miller was fouled but Hibs had the ball going forward :wink:

He done that a couple of times in the first half J, for both teams. He did improve in the second half though, by allowing the game to flow, and only pulling it back if their was no advantage.

The East side linesman had some dodgy offside decisions imo though:grr:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:18 PM
you mean he missed that too.

No. I raised that point so as to prove that the refs in the SPL don't have a witchunt against us.

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I am prepared to be shot down if the highlights prove me wrong but here goes..

The first goal looked a foul on their goalie but we'll take it.

The second goal seemed to hit either the ross county defender arm or deeks but it looked more like riordan.

Nish got some ridiculous decisions given against him that were actually fouls on nish.

He was itching to book riordan especially after the shot he took after the whistle had went for offside.
Delighted he gave us the two goals but thought he was pretty poor. The assistant on the east stand side must have been drunk with his judgement of some of the offsides too.
opinions eh:greengrin

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:19 PM
No. I raised that point so as to prove that the refs in the SPL don't have a witchunt against us.

I don;t believe they do have a witch hunt against us, I think it's just widely recognised the vast majority of them are sub-standard.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:20 PM
He done that a couple of times in the first half J, for both teams. He did improve in the second half though, by allowing the game to flow, and only pulling it back if their was no advantage.

The East side linesman had some dodgy offside decisions imo though:grr:

Was the same in the last game. Seems they are doing what they like with no baying fans behind them :greengrin

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Totally disagree. He did not want to use his cards for as long as possible. He pulled the game back when we were attacking, then never booked anyone, he booked Riordan for complaining about an absolutely blatant handballm and also he stopped the game whenever the ball went more than 20yards away from him as he was so unfit!!

Is that a bad thing?

He booked Riordan for going OTT in his challenge after the free kick.

Not true, we hoofed it clear (or tried to) often enough when he never blew.

You'll be one of the ones never happy then. :wink:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I don;t believe they do have a witch hunt against us, I think it's just widely recognised the vast majority of them are sub-standard.

Based on some of the comments on here, you'd think so.

Only one finger pointing tonight and that's at the players and management team (or 2 then :wink:)

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Was the same in the last game. Seems they are doing what they like with no baying fans behind them :greengrin

I think the guy couldn't see because of the low sun.

Deek struggled before a corner then hit possibly the worst one I've ever seen him take.

We then had three terrible offsides go against us and anyone else notice the linesman wasn;t even using his arm/hand to shade the sun, yet the two workies in teh old terracing had safety helmets(with visors) on and still had to shield the sun to watch the game?

I think he had no idea if they were offside or not so took the easy option and flagged them. Useless Winter was incapable of bailing his blinded colleague out.

silverhibee
13-03-2010, 09:28 PM
This will be the same clown wee had up at Perth a few weeks ago, to over weight to be a ref, cant keep up with play and rely's on other players to make his decisions for him, another poor ref from the so many poor refs in Scotland just now.
As for the clown with the flag in his hand on the east side, this is a family board, so i will keep it to myself.

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:52 PM
to over weight to be a ref, cant keep up with play

I said as much on the 'this weeks ref ' thread....he's a fat git who just jogs around the edges of the Centre circle areas.

Anyone notice that when County got a few corners and the sun was beaming down, he took up position on the edge of the box, also staring into the sun? er.....refs manual section 4 paragraph 2...'where to stand at a corner'

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:57 PM
This will be the same clown wee had up at Perth a few weeks ago, to over weight to be a ref, cant keep up with play and rely's on other players to make his decisions for him, another poor ref from the so many poor refs in Scotland just now.
As for the clown with the flag in his hand on the east side, this is a family board, so i will keep it to myself.

Makes Willie Young look slim :agree:

silverhibee
13-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Makes Willie Young look slim :agree:

And this clown has been awarded the LCF next week. Prick.:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
13-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Is that a bad thing?

He booked Riordan for going OTT in his challenge after the free kick.

Not true, we hoofed it clear (or tried to) often enough when he never blew.

You'll be one of the ones never happy then. :wink:

Well yes it is when it only seems to be against us

It should never have been allowed to get to a free kick as it was a blatant hand ball

If you read the 4 posters above me, I am obviously not in the minority with my opinion of his fitness

And its funny you shoulf say that, as I ALWAYS look for the good in a hibs performance. Today was a step too far tho

Crab apple
13-03-2010, 11:26 PM
He is a fat ******* and the luminous yellow outfit just emphasised this. The east stand linesman clealry doesn't know understand offside.

woody47
14-03-2010, 01:15 AM
He is a frigging useless fat slob.
I thought refs had to have a certain standard of fitness. He couldn't run further than the around the centre circle. If he ventured further up field he always found an excuse to call for a foul just so he could keep up with play. :grr::grr:
As for the east stand linesman :grr:
How the **** he could see anything with the sun in his eyes is beyond me.
Where do the SFA find these people? :grr: