PDA

View Full Version : How Do We Compete In Midfield / Team for the PBS? (MERGED)

Mikey
13-03-2010, 08:46 PM
OK, we all know what we're up against next week. Big, physical hammer throwers in the middle of the park. If it's just Miller and McBride in there they'll get booted up and down all afternoon.

As I mentioned on the PM board earlier, I'd like to see us go there with a 3-5-2.

Hanlon
Bamba
Thicot

Murray
McBride
Miller
Rankin or Stevenson or Cregg
Wotherspoon

Riordan
Stokes

It's time we started competing in the middle of the park.

Wotherspiniesta
13-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Hearts play a 4-4-2 formation since FJK took over.

Match their formation and most importantly their desire and our players should be more talented to take care of the rest.

Team I'd go with:

Stack

McCann/McCormack Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Zemmama/Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

bawheid
13-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Definitely.

There's no skill in that Hearts side - they're just a big, physical bunch of cloggers. Time and again they drag the derby down to their level. Hughes needs to understand we'll have to win a battle before any football can be played.

I'd go 4-4-2 though. 3-5-2 would invite them into launching their missiles into the full back areas and we might end up exposed.

zlatan
13-03-2010, 08:52 PM
We need McBride and Miller to tool up :agree:

bongo'd
Wouldn't argue with that Mikey but how you playing Deek? Don't think he could play against two big centre halves. Maybe drop him just in behind Stokes and that may work a treat!

Mikey
I'd go 4-4-2 though. 3-5-2 would invite them into launching their missiles into the full back areas and we might end up exposed.

They've got F all up front.

2-4-4 might be more appropriate :cb

Mikey
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I hear Ryan Stevenson's out for them next week.

He's having one of his tattoos coloured in.

hibsbollah
13-03-2010, 08:58 PM
4-5-1, as mentioned elsewhere.

Stack
McCann Hogg Hanlon Murray
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba McBride Zemmama
Stokes

fatbloke
13-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Possibly Yogi might go 5-5-0 and hope for a breakaway offside own goal penalty. If we get gubbed at Tynie the excuse will be we were saving ourselves for Dingwall. If we get gubbed in Dingwall..................

bongo'd
13-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Brown

Thicot Hogg Hanlon

Wotherspoon McBride Bamba Murray

Miller Riordan

Stokes

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Not a hope in hell, we will play three at the back at Tynecastle.

For starters, to do so you need three defenders with a bit of pace and a good understanding.

For afters, Driver may well be back, the last thing we will do will be to give him open space to attack.

4-4-2 with Cregg a possible starter in what will be a battle.

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 09:14 PM
4-5-1, as mentioned elsewhere.

Stack
McCann Hogg Hanlon Murray
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba McBride Zemmama
Stokes

Dont think he will make this game as i read in paper he suffered another injury so wont be fit after so long out.

Stack
Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray
Rankin Miller Bamba McBride Riordan
Stokes

reluctantly have to play rankin as he gives it everything and has impressed me sometimes in big games. As much as zemmama is technically very good he is a big fairy and not someone i'd start at tynecastle. Maybe bring him on though.:notworthy:

murray26
13-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Hearts play a 4-4-2 formation since FJK took over.

Match their formation and most importantly their desire and our players should be more talented to take care of the rest.

Team I'd go with:

Stack

McCann/McCormack Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Zemmama/Galbraith

Stokes Riordan I think that formation/ team would be perfect for next week, hopefully Yogi has done his homework and come up with something similar.

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:17 PM
As much as zemmama is technically very good he is a big fairy and not someone i'd start at tynecastle.

is this the same Zemmama that plays for Hibs and is Moroccan..:confused:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Whatever the team we need to have the 442 formation.

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 09:25 PM
is this the same Zemmama that plays for Hibs and is Moroccan..:confused:

Yeah it is. Nothing to do with his nationality that i think he is a bit of a bottler. With Tynie being a tough, physical place coupled with the fact they attack a lot down the left makes me think zouma aint best suited to start this match.

1875 NO 1
13-03-2010, 09:28 PM
OK, we all know what we're up against next week. Big, physical hammer throwers in the middle of the park. If it's just Miller and McBride in there they'll get booted up and down all afternoon.

As I mentioned on the PM board earlier, I'd like to see us go there with a 3-5-2.

Hanlon
Bamba
Thicot

Murray
McBride
Miller
Wotherspoon

Riordan
Stokes

miller, mcbride, rankin and cregg cant tackle and have no height or power. Need to get bamba in there.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I'd like a 4-5-1

Smith

Wotherspoon Thicot Murray Hanlon

Zemmama Miller Bamba Mcbride Galbraith

Stokes

If we need to mix it up later in the game I'd bring on Riordan or Benji later and go 442.

Diclonius
13-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Simple - we compete in midfield by PLAYING MORE PEOPLE THERE.

Get that, Yogi? BY PLAYING MORE PEOPLE.

:bitchy:

Hibby 2005
13-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Does it matter? The game is there for whoever wants it more.

CallumLaidlaw
14-03-2010, 08:36 AM
As someone has said on other threads, a 5 man midfield is a must, and we need some bite in there.

.................................Stokes

.................................Riordan

Galbraith....Bamba.........Miller......McBride.... ..Spoony

..............Murray.........Hanlon.....Thicot

.................................Smith

Riordan needs to be through the middle for me. Thats where he is most dangerous.

Galbraith has shown that he is capable. Acouple of tricky wide players in Danny and David should help keep Hearts full-back pinned back.

Bamba in midfield to do the dirty work to allow Miller to play.

Thicot in for Hogg, as he does not merit being in the team currently.

And Smith in goals, as although Stack is a reliable goalie, Smith has more to his game for me. Communicates with his defence much more, and is willing to come off his line.

I think this team with Zemmama and Nish on the bench would do very well in the next 2 games.

HFC 0-7
14-03-2010, 08:41 AM
As someone has said on other threads, a 5 man midfield is a must, and we need some bite in there.

.................................Stokes

.................................Riordan

Galbraith....Bamba.........Miller......McBride.... ..Spoony

..............Murray.........Hanlon.....Thicot

.................................Smith

Riordan needs to be through the middle for me. Thats where he is most dangerous.

Galbraith has shown that he is capable. Acouple of tricky wide players in Danny and David should help keep Hearts full-back pinned back.

Bamba in midfield to do the dirty work to allow Miller to play.

Thicot in for Hogg, as he does not merit being in the team currently.

And Smith in goals, as although Stack is a reliable goalie, Smith has more to his game for me. Communicates with his defence much more, and is willing to come off his line.

I think this team with Zemmama and Nish on the bench would do very well in the next 2 games.

Defo wouldnt play a 3 - 5 - 2 with that defence, you need someone in there that knows how to run a defence properly, Thicot has hardly played and hanlon is still learning. I like the 3 - 5 - 2 formation but with the players we have it would be a bad idea IMO. I would go 4 - 4 - 2 Murray, Hogg, Hanlon and Spoony. Midfield of Miller, Mcbride Bamba and zuma. riordan and stokes up front.

Hibees07
14-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Is there any point in these team selection threads, Yogi has proved over the last couple of months that he is blinkered to what is clearly obvious to every man and his dog. Infact it is so obvious that I'm not even going to say what it is because you already know.

Anyway, expect the usual 4-2-4 and being totally outplayed for 80 mins (we normally have a decent 10 min spell). :grr:

Mikey
14-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Anyway, expect the usual 4-2-4 and being totally outplayed for 80 mins (we normally have a decent 10 min spell). :grr:

That's the thing. I can't remember a game where we've had total control for any ength of time. At best it's end to end. At worst we're under severe pressure as was the case towards the end of the game yesterday.

KWJ
14-03-2010, 10:09 AM
We just never pass the ball in the middle of the park. Miller and McBride have both been so deep lately that they either give it wide for a hoofbaw or they hoofbaw it themselves. It's partly down to the pitch but also player mentality. We need them taking the ball down and playing it on the deck.

I don't think it's any coincidence that our crap form has come when the pitches have cut up. ER looked like a sunday league pitch yesterday.

Long suffering
14-03-2010, 10:10 AM
That's the thing. I can't remember a game where we've had total control for any ength of time. At best it's end to end. At worst we're under severe pressure as was the case towards the end of the game yesterday.

Yep The basic problems of last season still exists. While perhaps we have upgraded our midfield (improved creatively in having miller yet weakened defensively through no Bamba) and improved our already impressive attack, the midfiled is painfully overrun in the majority of games as theirs no solidity, or even different sorts of plaeyrs.

Aldo
14-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Stack
Hogg/Bamba/Hanlon
Wotherspoon/Murray/Miller/zemmama/Galbraith
Stokes/Riordan

A MF with guile and a bit o steel. Allowing our fullbacks to press forward and Deek to play his favoured position and zemmama to get back to his best, running at defenders.

Bring it on.

PS Not sure about galbraith at left fullback but he will give the team BALANCE we need.

GG

yekimevol
14-03-2010, 10:36 AM
brown

wortherspoon hanlon murray McCormack

zemmama bamba miller galbraith

riordan

stokes

but if someone could rewind time and convince yogi to make some brighter signings in january ie center backs, right backs, wide midfielders. id take that. oh and some muscle in the middle of the pitch if he wont put sol back in there

mim
14-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Stack
Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Rankin Murray
Stokes Riordan

Franck is God
14-03-2010, 11:14 AM
simple 4-5-1 with a big man up front and two pacy players out wide is what I want to see.

Galbraith, Spoony & Miller can have to roles to get forward and play off Nish, we need movement and pace going forward, Nish doesn't give you a ball over the top as he doesn't have the pace but he does link well with players coming from a deep position.

Smith

McCormack---Hogg---Bamba---Murray

Thicot
Wotherspoon----Cregg----Miller----Galbraith

Nish

Subs

Brown
Hanlon
Stevenson
McBride
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

borstalboy
14-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Bamba in the midfield is a MUST IMO!!!

Its either got to be a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, our record at PBS isnt great and would hate to see us go there with 3 at the back.

mim
14-03-2010, 11:28 AM
simple 4-5-1 with a big man up front and two pacy players out wide is what I want to see.

Galbraith, Spoony & Miller can have to roles to get forward and play off Nish, we need movement and pace going forward, Nish doesn't give you a ball over the top as he doesn't have the pace but he does link well with players coming from a deep position.

Smith

Thicot

Nish

Subs

Brown
Hanlon
Stevenson
McBride
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

Would you really leave Deeks out of the 18?

.Sean.
14-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Stack/Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Miller
McBride
Bamba
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Hibbyradge
14-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Assuming Bamba is unfit, I'd be happy with this;

-------------Stack

Wotherspoon, Hogg, Hanlon, Murray

------------McBride

-----Galbraith, Miller, Rankin

----------Stokes Riordan

Hibbyradge
14-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Stack
Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Stokes Riordan

This would do me too.

lucky
14-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I would play 3-1-3-1-1

Stack
Bamba Hogg Hanlon
Thicot
Miller McBride Galbraith
Deeks
Stokes

.Sean.
14-03-2010, 01:19 PM
brown

wortherspoon hanlon murray McCormack

riordan

stokes

but if someone could rewind time and convince yogi to make some brighter signings in january ie center backs, right backs, wide midfielders. id take that. oh and some muscle in the middle of the pitch if he wont put sol back in there
Out of interest, why would you bring Brown into the team?

alfieboi75
14-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Stack

Hanlon Bamba Murray

Miller

Wotherspoon McBride Rankin Riordan

Benji Stokes

Placing Miller between Defence and Midfield, helps to boast confidence as midfielders can move forward to attack....defence can rely on Miller closing down on Yams.

Miller has not been in good form, on attacking side, in past few games, therefore placing him deep in the team could help team.

Just hope Hibs kick start their season again. My mates have enjoyed taking the phish and this needs to stop now!!!!

HIBS GIVE ME SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!!!

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Smith

Thicot

Nish

Subs

Brown
Hanlon
Stevenson
McBride
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

Nish is suspended for the yams game, what a weird team, no Stokes or Riordan, our top goal scorers for the season, and Riordan doesn't even make your bench,:confused:

Westie1875
14-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Stack

Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Stokes Riordan

This :agree:

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Smith.

Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Miller
McBride
Bamba
Wotherspoon

Stokes
Riordan.

The reason i have dropped Stack is that he does not command his six yard box, the yams will be putting our defence under pressure with high balls in to our box, our back four is not the biggest so wee need to have our goalkeeper coming for these high balls and commanding his box, something i think Smith does.
P.S. Yogi will never go 442, but he needs to try something different from what he is trying just now.

rennie_hfc
14-03-2010, 04:31 PM
------------------Smith
McCormack-Hogg-Hanlon-Murray
-----------McBride-Miller
Wotherspoon-------------Riordan
-------------Benji-Stokes

Aldo
14-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Stack

Hanlon Bamba Murray

Miller

Wotherspoon McBride Rankin Riordan

Benji Stokes

Placing Miller between Defence and Midfield, helps to boast confidence as midfielders can move forward to attack....defence can rely on Miller closing down on Yams.

Miller has not been in good form, on attacking side, in past few games, therefore placing him deep in the team could help team.

Just hope Hibs kick start their season again. My mates have enjoyed taking the phish and this needs to stop now!!!!

HIBS GIVE ME SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!!!

Sorry but thats McBrides or Murray's job. Miller is nowhere near a holding MF playing and his best work IMHO is when the opposing team is on the back foot and in the final 3rd of the park.

Just my opinion though.

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 04:37 PM
.....................................Smith

Wotherspoon.........Hogg..............Hanlon...... ....Murray

...................................Bamba

.............................Miller.........Rankin

..........Stokes..................Nish............ ...........Deek

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

McBride
Galbraith
Miller
Zemmama (if fit, if not then Rankin)

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Stack
Hogg
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin (If Zemmama's not fit then McCormack)
Cregg
Benji

Dr Jimmy
14-03-2010, 05:15 PM
What we have do to is sort the right hand side of midfield, Wotherspoon gets no support and gets exposed when teams isolate him. Hughes seems to think Miller plays in there but he always ends up playing through the middle. Therefore we end up with McBride and Miller playong central with Wotherspoon exposed.
We need to battle with them in midfield and let the class we have up front do the talking.

Stack
Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Thicot Miller McBride Rankin

Stokes Riordan

Either Wotherspoon or Thicot swap right back/midfield, but would keep it as it is above because a Derby is not the time to tinker with your defence. For this reason I would also play Hogg. Hanlon played well yesterday, but is unfortunate we need Bamba back.

Westie1875
14-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Smith.

Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Miller
McBride
Bamba
Wotherspoon

Stokes
Riordan.

The reason i have dropped Stack is that he does not command his six yard box, the yams will be putting our defence under pressure with high balls in to our box, our back four is not the biggest so wee need to have our goalkeeper coming for these high balls and commanding his box, something i think Smith does.
P.S. Yogi will never go 442, but he needs to try something different from what he is trying just now.

This is what I just don't get, why won't he? It seems so obvious that its what we need to do.

Sloppy
14-03-2010, 07:20 PM
stack
wotherspoon hogg hanlon murray
bamba
mcbride miller rankin
stokes riordan

thoughts?

Darren1875
14-03-2010, 07:56 PM
:top marks

CorrieHibs
14-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Stack GK
Wotherspoon RB
Hanlon CB
Hogg CB
Murray LB
Zemamma RM
Bamba CM
Miller CM
Galbraith LM
Riordan FW
Stokes FW

500miles
14-03-2010, 08:01 PM
....................Smith
..W'Spoon.Hogg......Hanlon.Murray
....................Bamba
.........Miller...............Rankin
..Gow.........................Galbraith
....................Stokes

Craig_in_Prague
14-03-2010, 08:03 PM
How about 11 players/fighters, that come off that pitch ****ing knackered, but proud of their previous 90minutes.

Couldn't give a hoot anymore who starts, the talent is there, but is the committment, effort and desire to succeed?

yekimevol
14-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Out of interest, why would you bring Brown into the team?

its just me stack has never given me confidance, dont get me wrong he a good keeper but i seem to remember that brown was really good at cally.

Sloppy
14-03-2010, 08:48 PM
....................Smith
..W'Spoon.Hogg......Hanlon.Murray
....................Bamba
.........Miller...............Rankin
..Gow.........................Galbraith
....................Stokes
riordan?
gows injured

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 09:22 PM
First of all Hogg has to be a million miles away from the starting line up.

..............................Stack............... .......
thicot...............Bamba.......Hanlon........mur ray
wotherspoon.......Miller....... Mcbride......Galbraith
.......................Stokes...... Riordan.................

thebakerboy
14-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Like the look of that team , Spooney has to be moved from right back before he is destroyed as a player and Thicot and Galbraith have to come in to give some enthusiasm and fight to the squad, only problem is 2 left footed centre backs,but had 2 right footed players there many times.:thumbsup:

500miles
14-03-2010, 09:34 PM
riordan?
gows injured

Despite scoring today, Riordan didn't get passmarks for me today - and the likes of Goncalves and Zaliukus are unlikely to be turned as easily as the Ross County CH was yesterday. He was also a bit lucky with the way the ball broke, although it was a good finish.

Poor delivery from wide - floating the balls from the halfway line into Stokes meant that the ball came right back at us, and gave us no recovery time. Even if it was Nish that was competing for such a ball, a floated cross usually favours the defender.

Bottled a couple of 50/50's absolutely shamefully.

We need more pace in wide areas, and I thought Galbraith looked both hungry and threatening when he came on. Not only can he hit crosses in, but he cuts in very well too. Not afraid to put a tackle in either. At this stage of the season , that willingness to be in the battle is all the more important.

That's not to say an appearance from the bench wouldn't be effective. Riordan's fresh legs would give him just that little advantage over the defenders, and he has the finishing to make that advantage count.

If Zemmama is fit, put him in for Gow.

500miles
14-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Like the look of that team , Spooney has to be moved from right back before he is destroyed as a player and Thicot and Galbraith have to come in to give some enthusiasm and fight to the squad, only problem is 2 left footed centre backs,but had 2 right footed players there many times.:thumbsup:

Bamba is right footed.

Danny_Hibee
14-03-2010, 09:35 PM

is Bamba left footed? :confused:

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 09:38 PM
How about 11 players/fighters, that come off that pitch ****ing knackered, but proud of their previous 90minutes.

Couldn't give a hoot anymore who starts, the talent is there, but is the committment, effort and desire to succeed?

yup hit the nail on the head there .. commitment and a bit of fight is what is required on saturday if the players who start don't have this going into a derby they are at the wrong club.

Hainan Hibs
14-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Send out one of the youth teams, from reading about their performances in their games against Hearts we'd see a bit of fight.

I'd go for

Smith

Wotherspoon Thicot Murray Hanlon

Miller Bamba McBride Rankin

Stokes Benji

Simkin911
14-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Stack

Bamba McBride

Zemmama Miller Rankin
Stokes

Sorry, I'd be happy to be 0-0 and change things late on if required and hit on counter attack. Back to basics and a solid line up I think.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Stack/Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Miller
McBride
Bamba
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

My exact line-up, i'd definitely have Smith in goals though.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 10:09 PM
This is what I just don't get, why won't he? It seems so obvious that its what we need to do.

A few things this season have been very obvious though and he's yet to change them.:bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon
Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Zemamma
McBride
Bamba
Miller
Riordan

Stokes

Subs

Smith
Hogg
Galbraith
Benji
Gow
Stevenson
Cregg

gstarbry1875
15-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Stack

Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Wotherspoon
McBride
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Riordan
Stokes

subs:

Smith
Hogg
Rankin
Cregg
Zemmama
Benji
Nish

cad
15-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Ive seen nothing in 6 ,7 weeks that would suggest a win is on the cards for our trip to Tynie .
Personally I would like to see, a few changes Thicot in for Hogg ,keep Hanlon and Murray , put Bamba and Galbraith into midfield from the start along with Miller ,McBride and Zoomer/Spoons , even rest Wotherspoon ,he had a mare on Sat ,but who didnt.
I would take a guess that a few home truths and opinions were vented after Saturdays shambles lets see if the message has got through .

GGTTH

nickwhibs
15-03-2010, 12:45 PM

I like that outfield line-up but would maybe put Smith back in the sticks

Ken
15-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Team for Tynecastle....

Stack

...................Bamba
...............Miller McBride.............
..................Zemamma..............

...............Stokes Riordan...........

Regards

Deek

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 12:59 PM
swap bamba and mcbride and you have a deal :wink:

Sprouleflyer
15-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Team for Tynecastle....

Stack

...................Bamba

Regards

Deek

Dear Mr Hughes,

Play 4 in midfield!!!!!!

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I love how now it is Mr Hughes, a few weeks ago it was always yogi

Now things aren't so good it's Mr Hughes

just something I've noticed

Bad Martini
15-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Dear Mr Hughes...
...do it however the **** you choose
...but make ****ing sure
...that we do not loose

ENDOF

Bayern Bru
15-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Dear Mr Yogi,

I'd quite like to see 7 goals on Saturday, preferably all for Hibs.
And none in reply.
Hope it's not too much to ask.

truehibernian
15-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Dear Mr Hughes,

That arm band you keep giving me is a tad too tight and is cutting of the circulation to my brain, which in turn, makes me try foolish 40 yard passes into nobody and little short passes to the players in the other strips, more often than not on the edge of my box with no one near me. Kevin tried it on after training today and it seemed to fit like a glove.

Yours

Chris

Bayern Bru
15-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Dear gaffer,

I swear that wasn't me outside Jongleurs on Saturday night. I know you'll laugh when I tell you it must have been someone who looked like me, but seriously, can you ever remember me raising so much as a smile let alone laughing for an evening?

Awrabest,

Deeks.

Franck is God
15-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Smith

Thicot---Hogg---Bamba---Hanlon

Cregg---McBride
Wotherspoon-----Miller-------Galbraith

Stokes

Solid, physical back four which should help defend free kicks and corners.

Compact centre midfield with Cregg and Mcbride sitting, Spoony & Galbraith to give pace and width and Miller can support Stokes breaking from the middle.

If we need a goal then one of the sitters can be removed and replaced with Benji or Riordan to play up top with Stokes. We will miss Nish on Sunday.

brydekirk
15-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Team for Tynecastle....

Stack

...................Bamba

Regards

Deek
wheres the width to this team then ?

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Dear John,

Do you have any spare strikers you could lend me for saturday

Regards
FJK

houston1875
15-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Team for Tynecastle....

Stack

...................Bamba

Regards

Deek

i would prefer a proper right back,DW place is in midfield,teams keep targetting him at right back,yams will do the same,so i suggest a def or a proper right back?
or go down the route of 4 solid defenders,like dundee united,or like old martin oneills celtic team of 4 tall,hard solid defenders?

id like a 4-1-3-2

..........bamba
miller mcbride cregg...a midfield for a derby? or stick DW in there?

stokes and deek up front?

in-me-pocket
15-03-2010, 01:21 PM
No DW or Hanlon at Tynie please. Accidents not only waiting to happen but happened too often already.

Delboy4
15-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Smith

Thicot---Hogg---Bamba---Hanlon

Cregg---McBride
Wotherspoon-----Miller-------Galbraith

Stokes

Solid, physical back four which should help defend free kicks and corners.

Compact centre midfield with Cregg and Mcbride sitting, Spoony & Galbraith to give pace and width and Miller can support Stokes breaking from the middle.

If we need a goal then one of the sitters can be removed and replaced with Benji or Riordan to play up top with Stokes. We will miss Nish on Sunday.

Why, is he going to church...:confused:

IWasThere2016
15-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Yogmeister,

I like some decent football please

TQM

davemcbain
15-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I love how now it is Mr Hughes, a few weeks ago it was always yogi

Now things aren't so good it's Mr Hughes

just something I've noticed

Does raise the question, if Hibs fail to win the cup, don't qualify for Europe and lose every game from here on in......would Yogi get a "Dear John" letter? :offski:

Rory89
15-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Dear My Hughes,

Please try and somehow put out every team that dafties on the internet ask you to. It doesn't matter if there are 20 different line-ups being requested for any one game, it's your responsibility to please everybody.

Kind regards,
Rory.

Tollhouse Hibee
15-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Team for Tynecastle....

Stack

...................Bamba

Regards

Deek

how can you keep stack in the team????

steakbake
15-03-2010, 01:51 PM
wheres the width to this team then ?

.................................................. .................Stack

Wotherspoon............................Hogg....... .........................Hanlon................... ................Murray

.................................................. ................Bamba
...............Miller............................. .................................................. ..McBride.............
.................................................. ...............Zemamma..............

..................................Stokes .................................................. .................................................. ....................................Riordan....... ....

.... is that wide enough for you? (as the actress said to the bishop...)...:duck::duck:

bighairyfaeleith
15-03-2010, 01:56 PM
how can you keep stack in the team????

simple, you just write his name on the team sheet :confused:

Wotherspiniesta
15-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Dear Hibs.net,

I will pick the team, but thanks for your input.

Regards,

John Hughes, Hibernian Manager.

AgentDaleCooper
15-03-2010, 03:57 PM
how about 4-5-1, with stokes leading the line and deek coming on later once the battle in midfield has been won?

Jones28
15-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Stack
Mcbride Bamba
Miller
Zemmama Stokes Riordan

Dr Jimmy
15-03-2010, 04:15 PM
No DW or Hanlon at Tynie please. Accidents not only waiting to happen but happened too often already.

Why he was one of our better players at the last game at Tynie?
Also, it is the position in front of him that needs sorting as he gets no cover from the right side of midfield.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 04:22 PM

I too like the look of this team. Yogi at the very least must go 4-4-2, but if I'm being honest I want to see 4-5-1. We must win the midfield at all costs and hound every single Jambo player like our life depended on it. Give them no space. They are a team of thugs and bullies. Tynecastle will be no place for the fearful.

gstarbry1875
15-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Why he was one of our better players at the last game at Tynie?
Also, it is the position in front of him that needs sorting as he gets no cover from the right side of midfield.

True but i think he needs a rest! He's been excellent all season but it looks as though we are burning him out, young players like him need to be brought into the team slowly and retsed now and again. I am one of his biggest fans but i think he needs rested at the moment!

truehibernian
15-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Passing to another Hibs jersey, not rushing passes, and not humping the ball into no mans land is all you need to do to compete in midfield. As JC said, the ball is round and meant to roll. Let the Hearts midfield do the running about chasing shadows. But win the 50/50's and don't put in cowardly challenges. Guaranteed JJ will put someone like Obua on DW (if he has witnessed DW's recent performances at RB), and he will play 4 in midfield with some aggression. Their RB is the weak link (Jason Thomson) and like us, they have tinkered with their centre halves, so we have to give Stokes some support and play with another striker alongside. If he were to ever consider a 4-4-2, it would be for this game IMO.

JimBHibees
15-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I would play 3-1-3-1-1

Stack
Bamba Hogg Hanlon
Thicot
Miller McBride Galbraith
Deeks
Stokes

Calll me old fashioned and the Yams are poor however I think we should start with 11 men and not 10. :greengrin

Team for me would be

Stack

Wotherspoon Bamba Hanlon Murray

Zemmama McBride Miller Rankin

Deeks

Stokes

Sergey
15-03-2010, 07:53 PM
....possibly the biggest, most physical team in the SPL. Every facet of the Yams is conditioned to cheat, muscle and con their way to dubious referee's decisions.

Let's hope that Yogi sets up a starting 11 to nullify their physical attributes. We can win this game at a canter :thumbsup:

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 08:01 PM
....possibly the biggest, most physical team in the SPL. Every facet of the Yams is conditioned to cheat, muscle and con their way to dubious referee's decisions.

Let's hope that Yogi sets up a starting 11 to nullify their physical attributes. We can win this game at a canter :thumbsup:

I agree. :agree:The eyes of every jambo must bleed the colour of their tops during every mind-numbing, 1-0 penalty win. I say Hibs must line up with 5 across the middle and fight em every single square inch of the park. Beating us is all that's left: this and seeing us eliminated from the Scottish cup. These are the heights of jambo ambitions these days.

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 08:31 PM

Why? Hanlon on recent performances has been our best player and Wotherspoon has been one of our best players the whole season IMO.

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Shift Bamba into midfield to muscle up the midfield and play the back 4 as it was against Ross County, Miller in the middle with Bamba, Zemmama and Galbraith LM and RM to cause a threat down the wings and Deeks in his preffered position upfront with Stokes.:greengrin

frazeHFC
15-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Smith
Bamba McBride Miller
Rankin
Stokes Riordan

Ryan91
15-03-2010, 11:09 PM
For me 4-5-1, we need to own the middle of the park so i'd go for

Stack GK

McCormack RB
Hanlon CH
Hogg CH
Murray LB

Wotherspoon RM
McBride CM
Bamba CM
Miller CM
Riordan LM

Stokes CF

OR

4-4-1-1

Stack GK

McCormack RB
Hanlon CH
Hogg CH
Murray LB

Wotherspoon RM
Miller CM
Bamba CM
Rankin LM

Riordan AM

Stokes CF

I know a lot of folk say Stack doesn't come off his line but he'll be up for it, proper passionate about it, he may perhaps spur the team on, and scare the Yams woeful strike force.

son of haggart
15-03-2010, 11:22 PM

Hanlon
Bamba
Thicot

Murray
McBride
Miller
Wotherspoon

Riordan
Stokes

Hearts likely midfield is

Templeton Kingston Jonsson Stewart Driver

Jonsson is the only one over 5 10 I would think. Motherwell dominated our midfield physically on Saturday.

Must be the smallest midfield in the SPL (and worse if we play Suso)

I think it's more about how many you play in midfield (ie do you stick with two or three up front) rather than any physical contest.

Ryan91
15-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Hearts likely midfield is

Templeton Kingston Jonsson Stewart Driver

Jonsson is the only one over 5 10 I would think. Motherwell dominated our midfield physically on Saturday.

Must be the smallest midfield in the SPL (and worse if we play Suso)

I think it's more about how many you play in midfield (ie do you stick with two or three up front) rather than any physical contest.

I think on Saturday the Hibs midfield was very small, but also very weak. Motherwell also have always been a big side, didn't help your cause with the disgrace that they call a 'pitch' at fir park. Yogi should compensate by building up numbers in midfield. Frankly formation didn't help, 4-3-3 worked earlier in season, when we had luck on our side, it now appears to have run dry somewhat, so a big midfield is probably the best solution. I think it will be safe to say that it will be a battle for control of the middle of the park on Saturday, and unless hibs have 4 or 5 in there, Hearts even with their small midfield will overrun the hibs midfield. Suso? I thought that was Manuel from Fawlty Towers :wink:

son of haggart
15-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I think on Saturday the Hibs midfield was very small, but also very weak. Motherwell also have always been a big side, didn't help your cause with the disgrace that they call a 'pitch' at fir park. Yogi should compensate by building up numbers in midfield. Frankly formation didn't help, 4-3-3 worked earlier in season, when we had luck on our side, it now appears to have run dry somewhat, so a big midfield is probably the best solution. I think it will be safe to say that it will be a battle for control of the middle of the park on Saturday, and unless hibs have 4 or 5 in there, Hearts even with their small midfield will overrun the hibs midfield. Suso? I thought that was Manuel from Fawlty Towers :wink:

I heard Manuel could play a bit.

For all that he can be a bit of a healdess chicken, we have missed Stewart last couple of weeks. In your favour will be that Kello (definitely the best keeper at Tynie at the moment) Zaliukas (best central defender) and Bouzid (better than Kucharskis) will all definitely be out, and Driver even if he is available has played one game in four months. Ditto Craig Thomson (definitely best right back)

Both sides have been rank recently so the winner IMO will be the least rank/ least worst organised and the most willing. The rogue factor is Collum, who could easily spoil it

matty_f
16-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I heard Manuel could play a bit.

For all that he can be a bit of a healdess chicken, we have missed Stewart last couple of weeks. In your favour will be that Kello (definitely the best keeper at Tynie at the moment) Zaliukas (best central defender) and Bouzid (better than Kucharskis) will all definitely be out, and Driver even if he is available has played one game in four months. Ditto Craig Thomson (definitely best right back)

Both sides have been rank recently so the winner IMO will be the least rank/ least worst organised and the most willing. The rogue factor is Collum, who could easily spoil it

:agree: He's shocking on a good day, never mind a bad one.

Here's hoping that all the things he screws up go in our favour.:greengrin

Teo10
16-03-2010, 08:32 AM

In the past two games Hanlon has been one of our best performers.....

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Did Kingston not get a 3 match ban for getting sent off at Aberdeen?

They might not be that big a midfield but they're definitely physical - I've not seen Stewart ar Suso do anything productive with the ball this season, just argue with refs and generally niggle folk.

rightwinger
16-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Mike in Munich :agree: Exactly the team and formation I scribbled out on a bit of paper before reading this thread.

The formation may catch them out and we could get away with it if they still lack potency up front. It could easily be changed to 4-4-2 as well simply by moving Hogg to RB and Murray to LB.

I'd like to see Riordan playing on the shoulder a bit more and a bit closer to both Miller and Stokes. Those are the 3 that can win us the game.

Don't like Hogg but don't see the merit in dropping him for this game. Don't see the merit in putting Bamba to midfield - we need his strength, height and pace at the back.

The game on Saturday could go all three ways - with a draw the safest prediction. Hearts maybe get slight edge due to home advantage and Jumbo Jim factor. But the game is also there for Hibs if they grasp the nettle, win their battles and believe they can win.

A tight draw to put us back level with Well with a game in hand and a hard-fought win on Tuesday would suit me.

smurf
16-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Hanlon
Bamba
Thicot

Murray
McBride
Miller
Wotherspoon

Riordan
Stokes

Great minds and all of that...:thumbsup:

I posted this on the Bounce last night at 20:06...

i'd change our formation in order to maintain Spoony in the side as a wing back alongside Murray too...

3-1-4-1-1

Stack

Thicot
Bamba
Hanlon

McBride

Wotherspoon
Miller
Zemamma
Murray

Riordan

Stokes

SalfordHibs
16-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Smith

Bamba Hanlon Murray
Thicot
Wotherspoon McBride Miller Zouma

Stokes Riordan

Sorted that for you...

yekimevol
16-03-2010, 05:38 PM
stack

worthspoon hanlon hogg murray

riordan
stokes

sol should add some muscle to the middle as well as pace but can still pass a ball. deco needs to be in the middle when he can infulance the game. i would give thico a game over hogg but he wont be match fit and i aint throughing him into the lions den again.

HibeeDaz6270
16-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Just an idea.

-----------Stack----------

Thicot Bamba Hogg Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller Mcbride Murray

Riordan Stokes

Shrekko
17-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Stack
Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Stokes Riordan

:agree:

Would love that to be the team.

NeilT
18-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Personally, I think one of the problems with our line-up recently is that we have been left-centre biased. We have been playing 4-3-3. From the front 3, Riordan does a job tracking back and closing space on the left of the field (he will never be a tackler) but no-one from the front 3 does that same job on the right side. And if the middle 3 is Rankin, McBride and Miller then Rankin does a job on the left but Miller tends to like playing in front of McBride and spends much more time in the centre than on the right. The result of all this is that Wotherspoon is often incredibly exposed and can't make forward runs.

Wotherspoon is the hottest prospect in the team and is doing an incredible job for us this season but we cannot leave him to play the whole right side of the pitch by himself. He comes to life when Zemmama is in front of him and for that reason I would want Zemmama to start even though he will likely take a good kicking for the first half hour at Tynie. (Yogi has tried getting Galbraith to play the wide right Zemmama role a few times when he comes off the bench but I think he struggles on the right). So I would go with:

--------------- Stack / Smith ---------------
Wotherspoon ----- Hogg ---- Bamba ---- Murray

Zemmama ----- Miller ----- McBride -----Rankin

--------------Stokes -------------Riordan ------

Or if you want to make sure we win the battle, put Bamba in the middle of a midfield 5 and put Hanlon in at the back.

Hibby 2005
18-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Wotherspoon will be RB, Deek will be wide left and Bamba will play CH. 3 reasons why we'll be happy with a draw. Yogi has rarely used Wotherspoon in midfield and has never played Deek as an out and out striker while Bamba is struggling to regain his early season form.

Throw in Miller and McBride's patchy performances of late allied to Hogg's general lack of leadership as captain and... well you get the drift.

A scrappy, lucky, last minute penalty kind of win would be nice.

houston1875
18-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Why, is he going to church...:confused:

Stokes up front on his own,are you sure? Dont the yams have a big central defence?

plus cant see Stokes winning many headers?

Stokes be stranded all afternoon up front on his own,has to have a partner,deeks!!

1 striker up against a back four,nah! rather have a pairing,two centre backs find it a little bit harder against a mobile front two?

deeks and stokes up front plz

houston1875
18-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Just an idea.

-----------Stack----------

Thicot Bamba Hogg Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller Mcbride Murray

Riordan Stokes

id settle for that team and formation on saturday,tho thicot might not be match fit?

Franck is God
18-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Nish is suspended for the yams game, what a weird team, no Stokes or Riordan, our top goal scorers for the season, and Riordan doesn't even make your bench,:confused:

I'd forgotten I'd actually posted on this thread until I saw the replies.

Didn't realise that Nish was still suspended when I picked that team. I don't think that Stokes can lead the line himself as he really needs someone to play alongside. Benji could probably do it as he has the physical presense and touch to bring other players into the game.

I've left Riordan out because I don't think he brings anything to the team, I know I'll get pelters for that comment as he has scored a number of goals this season but I believe we are stronger without him. As an individual he is a very talented footballer with a disgraceful attitude to the game, he is not a team player. If we had a side good enough to carry such a luxury player then I would have him on the pitch every minute of every game but we simply do not. Hibs first, Riordan a very distant second.

GlesgaeHibby
18-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Where's this 3 at the back nonsense coming from? Have you guys got short memories or what?

Last time we played 3 at the back at the PBS they beat us 2-0. We conceded early on and had changed to a flat back four pretty quickly as it wasn't working.

Keep the flat back four please Yogi.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Didn't realise that Nish was still suspended when I picked that team. I don't think that Stokes can lead the line himself as he really needs someone to play alongside. Benji could probably do it as he has the physical presense and touch to bring other players into the game.

I've left Riordan out because I don't think he brings anything to the team, I know I'll get pelters for that comment as he has scored a number of goals this season but I believe we are stronger without him. As an individual he is a very talented footballer with a disgraceful attitude to the game, he is not a team player. If we had a side good enough to carry such a luxury player then I would have him on the pitch every minute of every game but we simply do not. Hibs first, Riordan a very distant second.

:faf:
Yes. You will get pelters for that,and rightly so. How many times has Riordan dug us out of a hole this season with his goals and assists? Unless you think scoring and setting up goals is a luxury? :bye:

truehibernian
18-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Three at the back versus Hearts may work, but only if we had Dani Alves and Patrice Evra playing as wing backs. It's Hibs though so maybe not eh. Standard, balanced, 4-4-2 with Derek through the middle Yogi.........mind when he played through the middle last season.......cracking penalty as well :agree:

Sir David Gray
18-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Derek Riordan has scored 88 goals for Hibs in 175 starts in his two spells at the club, which is better than a goal every other game. He is also up there as one of the highest goalscorers in the club's history.

I really don't think people actually appreciate this guy. Maybe if he leaves in the summer and we get some numpty five goals a season striker in his place, people might look back and realise how lucky we were to have him at Hibs.

Every time Derek Riordan is fit and available, he should be in the side.

mim
18-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Where's this 3 at the back nonsense coming from? Have you guys got short memories or what?

Last time we played 3 at the back at the PBS they beat us 2-0. We conceded early on and had changed to a flat back four pretty quickly as it wasn't working.

Keep the flat back four please Yogi.

In a 3-5-2, as long as the wide midfield players are full of energy and capable of defending (Wotherspoon and Murray), a back 3 is also a back 5.

I'd be very happy with the players and formation I suggested. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 01:09 PM
If we play a 442 then we should win.

Our players are better than theres in every position, so as long as play a 442 and match there formation we should be sorted.

Then it's just down to our desire to win, and with a couple of thousand drunken hibby's singing and bouncing about like **** in that bike shed they call a stand the players can't fail to be inspired.

And best of all, they have gary locke on there side helping to fire them up. This has got a carlsberg weekend written all over it.:greengrin

Franck is God
18-03-2010, 01:27 PM
:faf:
Yes. You will get pelters for that,and rightly so. How many times has Riordan dug us out of a hole this season with his goals and assists? Unless you think scoring and setting up goals is a luxury? :bye:

We didn't miss him when he left the first time and I don't think we would miss him if he left again.

He has scored a few and even set up a few but that is his job, its what he is paid for. I feel that if we had a properly balanced side then we would get more goals from other areas and the goals he scores would not be missed.

I know its an opinion that isn't shared by many and I like everyone else in the ground stood to applaud his free kick against Killie as the touch of class that it was, I just think we'd be better without him.

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 01:37 PM
We didn't miss him when he left the first time and I don't think we would miss him if he left again.

He has scored a few and even set up a few but that is his job, its what he is paid for. I feel that if we had a properly balanced side then we would get more goals from other areas and the goals he scores would not be missed.

I know its an opinion that isn't shared by many and I like everyone else in the ground stood to applaud his free kick against Killie as the touch of class that it was, I just think we'd be better without him.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, yours however is just plain wrong:wink:

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, yours however is just plain wrong:wink:

:agree: pish.

silverhibee
18-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Y

You should change your name to Frank is on drugs, seriously that is one of the most bizzare things i have read on here for a long time, 13 goals and about 6 assists for the season says different, it is also a slap in the face to Yogi who has played Deek in every game this season,except one, surely our manager would have spotted what you are saying about Derek Riordan and binned him along time ago. Deek has probaly scored more goals than the whole midfield this season and you think he is a luxury.
And to top it off you want Benji to start in the team on Saturday, have you seen the last two games he has played in, he was woeful.
Anyway, you said you would get pelters for your post, well here it is FIODs, away back to keekback and spew your crap over there with your yam people.:lolyam::bye:

silverhibee
18-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Oh deary me. :bye::bye::bye:

hfc rd
18-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Stack

Thicot
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Zemamma
Miller
Mcbride
Gailbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Subs:-
Smith
Hogg
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
Cregg
Rankin
Benji

MB62
18-03-2010, 02:50 PM

I would certainly be for starting with this side, possibly replacing Zoumma with D.W. though if he is ready.

The good thing about this side is, if the Yams play only one up front and five in midfield, it gives us plenty options to go to a back three and move one of the defenders into midfield. Only Hanlon is a MUST at centre half, the other three can all play midfield and easily slip in to 3-5-2 formation.
The extra man in midfield should also help Miller concentrate on his football and passing skills whilst the others do the donkey work.

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Rirodan's girlfriends are out in force on .net once again:greengrin

houston1875
18-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I would certainly be for starting with this side, possibly replacing Zoumma with D.W. though if he is ready.

The good thing about this side is, if the Yams play only one up front and five in midfield, it gives us plenty options to go to a back three and move one of the defenders into midfield. Only Hanlon is a MUST at centre half, the other three can all play midfield and easily slip in to 3-5-2 formation.
The extra man in midfield should also help Miller concentrate on his football and passing skills whilst the others do the donkey work.

thicot aint match fit,plus i think game be to physical for galbraith? not a game for pretty fitba? get to halftime 0-0 then act upon yams youngsters waning fitness and stick it right up em!!!

who thinks at some point during game,we'll see 4-2-4??

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 04:18 PM
thicot aint match fit,plus i think game be to physical for galbraith? not a game for pretty fitba? get to halftime 0-0 then act upon yams youngsters waning fitness and stick it right up em!!!

who thinks at some point during game,we'll see 4-2-4??

probably start that way :grr:

HibbyAndy
18-03-2010, 04:25 PM

What a complete and utter fan dan.

poolman
18-03-2010, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Franck is God;2392054]

I've left Riordan out because I don't think he brings anything to the team

He has scored a few and even set up a few but that is his job, its what he is paid for.

Well, whats it to be :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2010, 04:33 PM
What a complete and utter fan dan.

I really wish you would stop beating around the bush and say what you think:grr:

Franck is God
18-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Y

You should change your name to Frank is on drugs, seriously that is one of the most bizzare things i have read on here for a long time, 13 goals and about 6 assists for the season says different, it is also a slap in the face to Yogi who has played Deek in every game this season,except one, surely our manager would have spotted what you are saying about Derek Riordan and binned him along time ago. Deek has probaly scored more goals than the whole midfield this season and you think he is a luxury.
And to top it off you want Benji to start in the team on Saturday, have you seen the last two games he has played in, he was woeful.
Anyway, you said you would get pelters for your post, well here it is FIODs, away back to keekback and spew your crap over there with your yam people.:lolyam::bye:

I don't apreciate your last point, if you want to disagree with me then go ahead but at least have the decency to make a reasoned argument and refrain from passing pointless insults.

I want Riordan to do well but he is just floating along right now, he has 27 appearances this season, scored 14 and has 4 assists. For a player that some on this board call a legend and our best player do you honestly believe that is good enough? With the amount of talent he has he should be dictating games, always on the ball, barking orders at the junior players in the team and demanding that the play goes through him. he does none of that. Maybe if he was dropped, maybe if he wasn't idolised by the fans for doing relatively little then he might become the player we all hoped he would be.

You can only see my negativity towards him, its not negativity its massive frustration at what I believe he is capable of and how little of that he delivers. He should be playing in the Premiership, he should be first choice on the Scotland team sheet, we should be seeing his goals every week on MOTD and talking about when he used to score goals for us like that. At age 27 he should be reaching the peak of his career, I'm not seeing anything like that right now.

totalfootball
18-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Seriously are you on the ****ing wind up? u say he has 14 goals in 27 appearances, I think it is 13 but thats not the point his goal ratio is around 1 in 2 games and thats not good enough for you? you want to get a grip you mindless idiot! you clearly don't know the first thing if your coming out with crap like that! It's great you want to see him doing so well for himself but your not his agent, or are you? I'd rather see him scoring 20 a season at Hibs thankyou very much!

I don't apreciate your last point, if you want to disagree with me then go ahead but at least have the decency to make a reasoned argument and refrain from passing pointless insults.

I want Riordan to do well but he is just floating along right now, he has 27 appearances this season, scored 14 and has 4 assists. For a player that some on this board call a legend and our best player do you honestly believe that is good enough? With the amount of talent he has he should be dictating games, always on the ball, barking orders at the junior players in the team and demanding that the play goes through him. he does none of that. Maybe if he was dropped, maybe if he wasn't idolised by the fans for doing relatively little then he might become the player we all hoped he would be.

You can only see my negativity towards him, its not negativity its massive frustration at what I believe he is capable of and how little of that he delivers. He should be playing in the Premiership, he should be first choice on the Scotland team sheet, we should be seeing his goals every week on MOTD and talking about when he used to score goals for us like that. At age 27 he should be reaching the peak of his career, I'm not seeing anything like that right now.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I want Riordan to do well but he is just floating along right now, he has 27 appearances this season, scored 14 and has 4 assists.

Not bad for a midfielder eh?

He probably has more than 4 assists aswell.

Franck is God
18-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Seriously are you on the ****ing wind up? u say he has 14 goals in 27 appearances, I think it is 13 but thats not the point his goal ratio is around 1 in 2 games and thats not good enough for you? you want to get a grip you mindless idiot! you clearly don't know the first thing if your coming out with crap like that! It's great you want to see him doing so well for himself but your not his agent, or are you? I'd rather see him scoring 20 a season at Hibs thankyou very much!

I'm not on the wind up and why would you want anything less than the best that every player has to offer. His record does suggest that he gets 1 in 2 but that is actually quite misleading, he has actually appeared on the scoresheet 10 times in 31 matches for us this season, two of those games were against lower league opposition and also against a junior side, the league goals were all scored against bottom six sides. None of these facts suggest we are talking about a player at the top of his game?

Anyway this thread was about how we can win against Hearts, I gave my opinion and listed the team I thought would be good enough to do it, that team didn't include Riordan and I think I've explained pretty clearly why.

Yogi will pick the team he thinks will win and so will Jambo Jim, by mid afternoon we'll see which one of them is right.

Diclonius
19-03-2010, 01:17 AM

Yes, we did.

rainman
19-03-2010, 04:35 AM

Expect a fair bit of personal abuse coming your way.

An opinion like that about any other player can result in some people disagreeing with you. An opinion like that about DR invites personal abuse from people who i can only assume, give and receive sexual favours from the lad.

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 06:47 AM

An opinion like that about any other player can result in some people disagreeing with you. An opinion like that about DR invites personal abuse from people who i can only assume, give and receive sexual favours from the lad.

So if we disagree with Frankisgod then we take it up the arse from riordan, but if we agree with frank then we want to drop one of, if not our best player for a derby atynecastle :faf:

Think you might have been down under to long pal, sun is obviously affecting you.

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 06:52 AM

Also, sure I don't have to point out the irony of you telling frankisgod to get ready for personal abuse and then following that up by saying anyone who disagrees with him likes to engage in homosexual activities wit deeko. :greengrin

Franck is God
19-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes, we did.

We missed him so much we won a cup final 5-1 to win the first trophy in your lifetime and only the second in mine!

Scott Brown, Michael Stewart, Garry O'Connor, David Murphy, Kevin Thomson, Ivan Sproule, Steven Fletcher, Boozy & Steven Whittaker left far bigger gaps to fill than Derek did.

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 11:13 AM
We missed him so much we won a cup final 5-1 to win the first trophy in your lifetime and only the second in mine!

Scott Brown, Michael Stewart, Garry O'Connor, David Murphy, Kevin Thomson, Ivan Sproule, Steven Fletcher, Boozy & Steven Whittaker left far bigger gaps to fill than Derek did.

I see what you are getting at, but saying micheal stewart kinda dents your credibility a bit there!

Deeks is a different player from all of the above, also the team now is very different from the team then and I don't think anywhere near as strong.

Dr Jimmy
19-03-2010, 11:21 AM

The alarm bells are now ringing...............:bye:

Franck is God
19-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I see what you are getting at, but saying micheal stewart kinda dents your credibility a bit there!

Deeks is a different player from all of the above, also the team now is very different from the team then and I don't think anywhere near as strong.

Your right the team now is nowhere near as strong, completely agree which is why I don't think Deek is performing.

I think he is the kind of player that can make a good team better but they already need to be good without him. We're just not that good enough to afford luxury players like Deek. If Yogi can find the balance in the team that allows him to have a completely free role then he can be the difference again for us but not right now.