PDA

View Full Version : G'd Evening all - How Grim

bongo'd
13-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello guys and gals, thought I would join the mad house after reading for nigh on two years now.

Didn't really want to post after such a dismal performance but I am so incensed with one Mr Hughes that I had to air my views with you guys.

First of all, the tactics today (and the previous x amount of weeks) border on Mixuesque. If we didn't have such a good (some would argue lucky) start to the season then we would definately be in a relegation battle. How Yogi thinks we can play with two midfielders and four forwards and expect not to be punished is beyond me.

Secondly why oh why have we bought two keepers in January, one of which hasn't even seen the bench yet, when we are crying out for a right midfielder/right back/strong holding midfielder/left midfielder, delete as appropriate.

Don't get me wrong I defo think Hughes is the man to take us forward and if we can manage to get Europe then the extra revenue could, with the right signings take us forward but how many more performances of that ilk will be tolerated?

A few beverages and an inept Hibs performance has left me a tad infuriated so sorry for ranting. I should really learn to expect the unexpected when it comes to Hibs!! 0-3 at Tynie is on the cards now:wink:

GGTTH

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello guys and gals, thought I would join the mad house after reading for nigh on two years now.

Didn't really want to post after such a dismal performance but I am so incensed with one Mr Hughes that I had to air my views with you guys.

First of all, the tactics today (and the previous x amount of weeks) border on Mixuesque. If we didn't have such a good (some would argue lucky) start to the season then we would definately be in a relegation battle. How Yogi thinks we can play with two midfielders and four forwards and expect not to be punished is beyond me.

Secondly why oh why have we bought two keepers in January, one of which hasn't even seen the bench yet, when we are crying out for a right midfielder/right back/strong holding midfielder/left midfielder, delete as appropriate.

Don't get me wrong I defo think Hughes is the man to take us forward and if we can manage to get Europe then the extra revenue could, with the right signings take us forward but how many more performances of that ilk will be tolerated?

A few beverages and an inept Hibs performance has left me a tad infuriated so sorry for ranting. I should really learn to expect the unexpected when it comes to Hibs!! 0-3 at Tynie is on the cards now:wink:

GGTTH

Didn't disagree with any of that until you spoilt it at the end! :bye:

Jim44
13-03-2010, 07:58 PM

GGTTH

I don't think they will brimming over with confidence just now and I think we'll go into the game with a reasonable chance of a point at least.

bongo'd
13-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Remember Mussy that lot are even worse than us so we can all live in hope! I for one will never miss another game at Tynie after not going last year (deek pen, casper game).

Mon the cabbage

shamo9
13-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Didn't disagree with any of that until you spoilt it at the end! :bye:

You do know a 0-3 scoreline means Hibs win by 3 goals, right?

Cocaine&Caviar
13-03-2010, 08:00 PM
We have some real gems for the future in Hanlon and Galbraith who performed well today, and in Wotherspoon who has had a good season...

Malthibby
13-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Very grim, but losing 3 goals to the Jumbos just isn't going to happen. It will be a pretty gruesome spectacle, I suspect, but we are much more likely to score than they are.
A derby may be just what we need at the moment. Not wanting to make any bum-biting predictions, but they are very pish indeed.
GG

MussyHibby
You do know a 0-3 scoreline means Hibs win by 3 goals, right?

You're right, my mistake. :agree:

matty_f
Very grim, but losing 3 goals to the Jumbos just isn't going to happen. It will be a pretty gruesome spectacle, I suspect, but we are much more likely to score than they are.
A derby may be just what we need at the moment. Not wanting to make any bum-biting predictions, but they are very pish indeed.
GG

0-3 is a win for us.:wink:

greenlex
13-03-2010, 08:05 PM
We have some real gems for the future in Hanlon and Galbraith who performed well today, and in Wotherspoon who has had a good season...
Sorry Rhys Danny was ineffective today. The guy tackled well but the end product was non exsistant. He can play but today wasnt his best day for me.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry Rhys Danny was ineffective today. The guy tackled well but the end product was non exsistant. He can play but today wasnt his best day for me.

DG is an offensive player yet today all I saw was defensive work. Not his fault. :agree:

Malthibby
13-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Fekk.:flamed:

bongo'd
13-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Cheers guys, 0-3 defo means a win for the cabbage, didn't make that clear, sorry.

Felt sorry for Galbraith today, was asked to help Spoony on the right when he is all left foot and hasn't really kicked a ball in anger all season, Parkhead aside.

Taking Rankin off, although I am not his biggest fan, was a huge mistake from Hughes as what little dig we had in midfield evapoated completely. Also Benji for Stokes, answers on a postcard? The ball wasn't getting held up top when he was on the park, Benji, as much as I like him, is not going to hold the ball up.

Crab apple
13-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Cheers guys, 0-3 defo means a win for the cabbage, didn't make that clear, sorry.

Felt sorry for Galbraith today, was asked to help Spoony on the right when he is all left foot and hasn't really kicked a ball in anger all season, Parkhead aside.

Taking Rankin off, although I am not his biggest fan, was a huge mistake from Hughes as what little dig we had in midfield evapoated completely. Also Benji for Stokes, answers on a postcard? The ball wasn't getting held up top when he was on the park, Benji, as much as I like him, is not going to hold the ball up.

Agree. Although County had the upper hand for large parts of the second half we were containing them which is why I did find the nature of the subs baffling. Spoony was continually being exposed down the right side and taking Rankin off and replacing him with Galbraith just made this worse. No coincidence that there second goal came down this side.

Golden Bear
14-03-2010, 09:36 AM

Bringing Galbraith on and playing him on the right was yet another example of Yogi's tactical brilliance.

Word on the street is that Deeks will be in goal for the Derby game.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Bringing Galbraith on and playing him on the right was yet another example of Yogi's tactical brilliance.

Word on the street is that Deeks will be in goal for the Derby game.

Galbraith played quite well there; he also played there last week. A run from that position won the free kick that Riordan scored the winning goal from.

Who else do you suggest should have played there?

:confused:

Golden Bear
14-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Galbraith played quite well there; he also played there last week. A run from that position won the free kick that Riordan scored the winning goal from.

Who else do you suggest should have played there?

:confused:

I didn't think it was necessary to bring him on at all to be honest.

It was a cup tie, we were playing poorly but possibly looking like scrapping out a victory which wouldn't have been deserved.

Yogi then decides to bring on two forwards (neither of which have any real physical presence) and thus weakens our fragile midfield even further.

From what I've seen of Danny Galbraith his best position is wide left and the free kick you refer to was actually won from a central position rather than the right side.

bongo'd
14-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I didn't think it was necessary to bring him on at all to be honest.

It was a cup tie, we were playing poorly but possibly looking like scrapping out a victory which wouldn't have been deserved.

Yogi then decides to bring on two forwards (neither of which have any real physical presence) and thus weakens our fragile midfield even further.

From what I've seen of Danny Galbraith his best position is wide left and the free kick you refer to was actually won from a central position rather than the right side.

Agree 100% GB, I still think that we ain't far away from being a good team though. What I don't think we have is the steel that United showed today, coming from 2 down to earn a well deserved draw against the currant buns.

Yogi seems to have missed a trick when not bringing in a solid midfielder. Maybe he couldn't, who knows.

All there is to say is let's get it right up those jambo bassa's!

GGTTH