PDA

View Full Version : 4-5-1

hibsbollah
13-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Why do we never play this anymore? (and with 5 proper midfielders, im not talking about riordan and benji in withdrawn roles) especially when individuals are off form it would give us some solidity.

I'd like our chances of winning in Dingwall with a more conservative formation, with Zemmama perhaps an advanced midfielder behind (say) McBride, Miller, Thicot, Bamba or Stevenson, supporting Stokes on his own upfront.

Thoughts?

noseyhibby
13-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Why do we never play this anymore? (and with 5 proper midfielders, im not talking about riordan and benji in withdrawn roles) especially when individuals are off form it would give us some solidity.

I'd like our chances of winning in Dingwall with a more conservative formation, with Zemmama perhaps an advanced midfielder behind (say) McBride, Miller, Thicot, Bamba or Stevenson, supporting Stokes on his own upfront.

Thoughts?

I totally agree. I've advocated 4-5-1 previously this season -all to no avail of course, as Yogi knows better then me ( as he should)-despite watching the same team as me getting absolutely over-run in midfield game after game.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 07:38 PM
451 would be a good bet for the replay. Stokes lone front man.

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Maybe to do with a lack of support to the striker but a strong midfield is vital and something we are missing so might be worth a bash.

If bamba comes into midfield with mcbride and miller then a change in formation might not be needed. IMO mcbride and miller need to step up there game as we are getting hopeless overrun in midfield every ****in week.

Godsahibby
13-03-2010, 07:53 PM
stokes has got the work rate and strength to go up top himself, 5 in the midfield with galbraith left and spoony right and mcbride, miller and a n other would work well.

Spoony wasted was a right back, something we're missing at the club but i think Thicot could work well in there with 5 in the midfield we wouldnt be needing a full back just a steady right back

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Thoughts?

we don't have the players for it...no Curier / Killen / GOC type to hold up and bring others into play.

The current system leaves Stokes who is not that type with out support as well however.

For me we struggle because we try to accomodate Riorden which WOULD be fine in a 4-5-1 but is not in a 4-4-2 (not that Yogi does this much) which would suit Stokes more with a player to play off..nor in the preferred 4-1-3-1-1 or whatever its meant to be:rolleyes:

if you choose a system...you need to find players that can play it

if you are wedded to certain players...you need to play the system that works for them..

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, 352 is the system I think we are crying out for. But 451 is the next best thing. I fear we could get really turned over St J style if we go there and don't pack the midfield.

King Paddy
13-03-2010, 09:04 PM
It's a no goer as far as yogi is concerned, he is soooo tacticaly naive.
I agree we should adopt this system in Dingwall but knowing yogi it will be 424 and a 3-0 defeat.