PDA

View Full Version : well done Hibs fans.

Toaods
13-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Showed our class giving the County lads just reward at full time with well deserved applause.

cleanyman
13-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Indeed. Thought they deserved at least a replay today.

Part/Time Supporter
13-03-2010, 07:19 PM
An opinion shared by Derek Adams (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/ross_county/8566215.stm)

The Hibs supporters jeered their own side on the final whistle but took time to applaud the efforts of the Dingwall outfit.

"I thought that was tremendous from the Hibs fans," added Adams. "They appreciate good football and we certainly put on a good show and I think they appreciated that, although I don't think they would have applauded us off if we had won 3-2."

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Showed our class giving the County lads just reward at full time with well deserved applause.

Well done to those that did. I was too gutted, in fact quite angry after that.:agree:

Diclonius
13-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I was furious, but they did - to quote JC - ever so well. Gave them the applause that they deserved. :agree:

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I left as soon as the ref blew for full time but I heard the applause from outside and it obviously wasn't for the Hibs players. :bitchy:

As Derek Adams says, I don't think those that clapped the Ross County players off would have done so if they had taken that chance at the end and won 3-2. I think it was probably a bit patronising in a way as it's usually something that football fans do to the players of a club that is much smaller and in a much lower league to their own side. There is a real possibility that Ross County will be an SPL side next season, so it's not as if they were an Irvine Meadow or Montrose. If they do happen to get promoted, I can't see us treating them that way next year if they get a point at Easter Road, no matter how well they have played in the match.

If people feel the need to clap the opposition then by all means do it, it was certainly good sportsmanship.

Maybe we've set a nice precedent and we'll all applaud the Hearts players off next week. :devil:

Broken Gnome
13-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I left as soon as the ref blew for full time but I heard the applause from outside and it obviously wasn't for the Hibs players. :bitchy:

As Derek Adams says, I don't think those that clapped the Ross County players off would have done so if they had taken that chance at the end and won 3-2. I think it was probably a bit patronising in a way as it's usually something that football fans do to the players of a club that is much smaller and in a much lower league to their own side. There is a real possibility that Ross County will be an SPL side next season, so it's not as if they were an Irvine Meadow or Montrose. If they do happen to get promoted, I can't see us treating them that way next year if they get a point at Easter Road, no matter how well they have played in the match.

If people feel the need to clap the opposition then by all means do it, it was certainly good sportsmanship.

Maybe we've set a nice precedent and we'll all applaud the Hearts players off next week. :devil:

I'd usually think the same, nine times out of ten it is patronising rubbish, but it felt different today. Did seem a proper recognition at the fact they had played us off the park and upstaged Hibs so embarrassingly.

CallumLaidlaw
13-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I'd usually think the same, nine times out of ten it is patronising rubbish, but it felt different today. Did seem a proper recognition at the fact they had played us off the park and upstaged Hibs so embarrassingly.

Thats how I felt

I refuse to boo hibs, no matter how bad we are (not critisizing anyone that does, but I just choose not to), but I felt that Ross came and had a right good go at us, Showed no fear, and definitely deserved to win the game. They also showed that no matter how bad the pitch is, it is possible to try and play football, and challenge for EVERY ball. I never clapped Montrose or Irvine Meadow off the park, but felt Ross deserved it

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Ross came and had a right good go at us, Showed no fear,

People know we are lightweights.

Every game will be a struggle until Yogi does something to change that.

CallumLaidlaw
13-03-2010, 09:09 PM
People know we are lightweights.

Every game will be a struggle until Yogi does something to change that.

The worrying thing is Hughes recognises this but still does nothing. We have heard him say that other teams are more physical than us in midfield, yet he still plays Stevenson, Rankin, McBride and Miller. Why not move Bamba or Murray up there to combat it?

brydekirk
13-03-2010, 09:12 PM
The worrying thing is Hughes recognises this but still does nothing. We have heard him say that other teams are more physical than us in midfield, yet he still plays Stevenson, Rankin, McBride and Miller. Why not move Bamba or Murray up there to combat it?
and who do u replace them with ?

Allant1981
13-03-2010, 09:16 PM
and who do u replace them with ?

thicot and hanlon could easily move to CH and LB