PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to the replay (merged)

Ell_Chrisso
13-03-2010, 05:57 PM
We really are not looking forward to this replay.

Think even the most positive of Hibs fans will admit we really have not done ourselves any favours. Thats not to say its all doom and gloom.

I wasn't at the game today, but from most people's reaction and the BBC website, we can count ourselves lucky to be in a replay.

How has this team got soooo bad recently? What's going wrong?

Dunbar Hibee
13-03-2010, 06:52 PM
We really are not looking forward to this replay.

Think even the most positive of Hibs fans will admit we really have not done ourselves any favours. Thats not to say its all doom and gloom.

I wasn't at the game today, but from most people's reaction and the BBC website, we can count ourselves lucky to be in a replay.

How has this team got soooo bad recently? What's going wrong?

We really should be out the cup, very lucky. Can't see us winning up there at all tbh.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I doubt we will go thru, chance gone.

noseyhibby
13-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I doubt we will go thru, chance gone.

I predict a comprehensive loss of 3-0. Hibs are in free-fall in terms of passion, commitment and tactical know how. Confidence has been shattered by a succession of poor results and performances, broken by a 1-0 solitary victory against a poor Kilmarnock. It's deja vu when it comes to watching Hibs - an all too familiar story. I look forward now to seeing a completed stadium, so it's not all bad news. Hopefully by then we will have resolved playing staff issues.

spudhib
13-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Most posters are postulating we have no chance in the replay in Dingwall and while i tend to agree,the last time i felt this way was away to the yams at the tail end of last season where we ran out quite comfortable winners so maybe if we all keep up the doommongering we might get a wee surprise on the 23rd,fingers crossed.:greengrin

lucky
13-03-2010, 07:03 PM
we are certs to turn them over up there. wee teams rarely get it right twice. Does Dingwall have a Johnny Foxes?

CallumHibs07
13-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Hopefully the fury from today's game will still be there and we will win. We ****ing better win.:agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
13-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Hibs are a complete and utter shambles at the moment. The pitch, the team, the East stand, the management. Todays "performance" was as bad as anything I've seen since the Blobby or even Sauzee days. In this latest Cup run, we've been handed the easiest draw I can ever recall, and still we contrive to cock it up. Little wonder so few decided to attend today - cup quarterfinal at ER against lower league opp and we could fill 3 stands - pathetic.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Positives - we're in the hat for the semis. From a selfish point of view I wouldn't have made the Dundee Utd game on the 24th now I will make the rearranged match. But it's gonna be one hell of a battle to make Hampden next month, I'm not sure we have what it takes to win up there, but at least we still have the chance to do so.

PaulSmith
13-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Hibs are a complete and utter shambles at the moment. The pitch, the team, the East stand, the management. Todays "performance" was as bad as anything I've seen since the Blobby or even Sauzee days. In this latest Cup run, we've been handed the easiest draw I can ever recall, and still we contrive to cock it up. Little wonder so few decided to attend today - cup quarterfinal at ER against lower league opp and we could fill 3 stands - pathetic.

oh dear, everything is a shambles. Away and have a wee lie down FFS

Mag7
13-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Most posters are postulating we have no chance in the replay in Dingwall and while i tend to agree,the last time i felt this way was away to the yams at the tail end of last season where we ran out quite comfortable winners so maybe if we all keep up the doommongering we might get a wee surprise on the 23rd,fingers crossed.:greengrin

Sums up how poor a team Hibs have become that we're all regarding a trip to play Ross bleedin' County (who weren't even a league side until a few years ago) as the equivalent of a trip to the Nou Camp. It was fair enough being a bit fearful of going into a derby with a weak team but to be this pessimistic about a trip to Dingwall is desperately sad.

noseyhibby
13-03-2010, 07:15 PM

I agree the team is a shambles, the management lacking, the pitch pathetic, but the poor wee east stand does not come into the equation. I look forward to its completion. It will look impressive to the players running out the tunnel. BTW I didn't go to todays game as it would have left me all but skint til the end of the month. It was a last minute decision. All I can say is Phew! I made the right call.

marinello59
13-03-2010, 07:16 PM
We'll win.

noseyhibby
13-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Sums up how poor a team Hibs have become that we're all regarding a trip to play Ross bleedin' County (who weren't even a league side until a few years ago) as the equivalent of a trip to the Nou Camp. It was fair enough being a bit fearful of going into a derby with a weak team but to be this pessimistic about a trip to Dingwall is desperately sad.

I recall Inverness Caley being in the same boat and seen in the same light, and look at our pathetic record up there. Hibs simply don't like travelling up to the north west. it brings out the collective worst. I predict a 3-0 defeat. it's deja vu, its all too predictable..it's......well....it's Hibs.

Broken Gnome
13-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd almost fancy us away from home now that they've had a reality check.
Hibs have started these three cup ties pathetically to be honest; Irvine Meadow and Montrose both missed sitters in the first five minutes, Ross County should've converted their free header in the same period. The first two teams were too weak to truly threaten us, but it's been almost textbook stuff in how not to deal with a lower league side - we've given them all every encouragement.

Ditch the half-arsed approach, go up there and put out a side that is capable of dictating a game without leaving wide open spaces that gives an opponent every hope that their chances will come. Most importantly, man the **** up. Apathetic fannying about nearly put us out the cup today and the same again WILL put us out the cup next week. Learn the lessons, show and bit of guts and do yourselves justice for once.

Mag7
13-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I recall Inverness Caley being in the same boat and seen in the same light, and look at our pathetic record up there. Hibs simply don't like travelling up to the north west. it brings out the collective worst. I predict a 3-0 defeat. it's deja vu, its all too predictable..it's......well....it's Hibs.

As I've said before it's the 'ah well that's Hibs for you' attitude that is a major reason the club does not have as much success as it should. Too many fans just accept that 'we are crap up north' rather than make the club aware that such a state of affairs is unacceptable, not to mention embarrassing. It is pathetic that we fear such games. I dearly hope I'm wrong and we pull of a win in the replay but nothing I've seen from the current side has shown me they have the spine for such a game.

Big Frank
13-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Some of the posts on this and other threads are awful. So bad, they have to be yams.

Get a grip of yourselves FFS and stop wetting your pants.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Bookies will have us as Fav's to win............and they're not often wrong.:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
13-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Bookies will have us as Fav's to win............and they're not often wrong.:agree:

Who was Fav's today?:rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2010, 07:37 PM

Bookies had Hibs as strong favourites today. :hmmm:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Who was Fav's today?:rolleyes:

"not often wrong" i said. They were today. But then anybody that goes to ER regularly will know that we were always going to be up against it today. But then I thought the players would have thought that too, but no eh!

H18sry
13-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Some of the posts on this and other threads are awful. So bad, they have to be yams.

:agree:

noseyhibby
As I've said before it's the 'ah well that's Hibs for you' attitude that is a major reason the club does not have as much success as it should. Too many fans just accept that 'we are crap up north' rather than make the club aware that such a state of affairs is unacceptable, not to mention embarrassing. It is pathetic that we fear such games. I dearly hope I'm wrong and we pull of a win in the replay but nothing I've seen from the current side has shown me they have the spine for such a game.

After nearly 50 years of watching Hibs, I have every right to resign myself to a typical Hibs result, but the players, who are half of my age have no right to go to places like Dingwall, or Inverness Caley and give up before a ball's been kicked.

MacBean
:grr:Does anyone else think that Yogi needs to come out and show shis anger at the team? we have been nothing short of sh*** the last month or so and i cant see how he can keep saying "the lads have done this for the me this season" etc... we ahve been murder of late!!

God Petrie
13-03-2010, 07:42 PM
How on earth do you get to Dingwall? Looks like an 8 hour round trip at least.

Really in two minds about this one. It will be brilliant if Hibs win and we've made the effort to go up but a defeat will be absolute misery and, at the moment, a defeat seems likely.

Going to have to stay a night at least and if Hibs get beat I can't see me ever putting in the effort in again to go to awkward away games.

What's the general consensus and when's the game likely to take place. I love the games where the pure hardcore are there but jesus this is pushing it.

PC Stamp
13-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Up to Inverness, over the Kessock Bridge and head on about another 15 miles or so! Replay is Tuesday 23rd March.

Killiehibbie
13-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Up past Inverness it's a straight road. 23rd I heard. Give yourself plenty time to get there but quicker back down at 10 o'clock.

Calvin
13-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Port Seton to Dingwall is clocking in at 3hrs 38 according to Google.

Hoping we can tan it up the A90 and do it in just over 3.

Got to Cairngorm in 2hrs 35 last week so hopefully more of the same.

hibs0666
13-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Will be a good night as only the hardcore will make the effort.

Hibby Bairn
13-03-2010, 07:49 PM
if you book early you can normally get a train for less than £30.

Jim44
13-03-2010, 07:50 PM

:agree::agree::agree: I was recently ripped apart for ott pessimism and I honestly bucked up my positivity to the extent that I thought the general pessimism and trepidation about today's game was ridiculous and I fancied us to win at a canter today. I was beginning to think the talk of defeat might be a smokescreen of false modesty at first but results and performances don't lie...................we really are a seriously ordinary team. Ironically, I think we'll probably go up there with a 50-50 chance and probably pull it off. Having said that, I think any more progress beyond the semis is highly unlikely - we certainly couldn't give Rantic a game just now. In the league, if we don't pull the finger out pronto, we're looking at 5th at best in which case a cup final of Rangers v Celtic could be our only hope of hanging on to a Europa League place.

Killiehibbie
13-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Port Seton to Dingwall is clocking in at 3hrs 38 according to Google.

Hoping we can tan it up the A90 and do it in just over 3.

Got to Cairngorm in 2hrs 35 last week so hopefully more of the same.

Watch for cameras between Perth and Inverness, mobile camera vans as well.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I predict a comprehensive loss of 3-0. Hibs are in free-fall in terms of passion, commitment and tactical know how. Confidence has been shattered by a succession of poor results and performances, broken by a 1-0 solitary victory against a poor Kilmarnock. It's deja vu when it comes to watching Hibs - an all too familiar story. I look forward now to seeing a completed stadium, so it's not all bad news. Hopefully by then we will have resolved playing staff issues.

I don't know about your 3-0 prediction but I would agree with everything else you've said.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I would be very surprised if we won up there. They fully deserved to take us up there for the replay and they were unlucky that they didn't win today.

We are in free fall at the moment and there's not much sign of things turning around to be honest. I know we have two games in hand over them but that's us now in 5th place after Motherwell won again this afternoon when, just over a month ago, we were 4 points clear of Dundee Utd and 9 points ahead of Motherwell with a game in hand over both of them.

I know this is a doom and gloom post but it's just so typically Hibs and it's extremely frustrating.

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd be up for it if i never had a day at school the next day

hibs0666
13-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Dry your eyes.

God Petrie
13-03-2010, 07:54 PM
How long does the train take and is flying a possibility. Any chance of getting a train after the game too?

Hibby Bairn
13-03-2010, 07:56 PM
How long does the train take and is flying a possibility. Any chance of getting a train after the game too?
3 hours to Inverness and then 20 mins to Dingwall. But you'd need to stay the night.

andrew70
13-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Will any supporters buses be running?

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 07:59 PM
hotel in inverness.....or a very aminable driver willing to do the return

wierd thing is I can'r stand being a passenger on that kind of trip...but quite enjoy the driving...don't know if that makes me odd

Killiehibbie
13-03-2010, 08:01 PM

You can get a train to Inverness after the game then a 5 hour wait on 1st Edinburgh train in the morning.

zlatan
13-03-2010, 08:01 PM
if you book early you can normally get a train for less than £30.

You can get a single from Glasgow for £12.50 through thetrainline.com

No trains home that night though, especially when you have to account for ET + penalties as well.

Mag7
13-03-2010, 08:02 PM

No way you'll get a train back to Edinburgh (?) at that time. Best thing to do is book a wee holiday and head up north for a few days. Great place for a break. Treat the game as just a part of the trip rather than the whole point of it and then the misery of defeat won't seem quite so bad. Take it from me as one who has done the Inverness and back on a midweek night, you don't want to do that unless a win could somehow be guaranteed!

Calvin
13-03-2010, 08:03 PM
weird thing is I can't stand being a passenger on that kind of trip...but quite enjoy the driving...don't know if that makes me odd

I'm the same, love driving but hate being a passenger!

GreenBlade
13-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Midweek game, team going for promotion to SPL, small ground (5800), biggest game in their history.............don't know what age you are but if you think ANY team would relish a trip up there with a semi at stake then yer kidding yourself on. I notice you use the Nou Camp as an example, well Mag were not bloody Barcelona either!

We'll need every player on his game and willing to fight for every ball. Sure as hell Ross Counties players will be! Like many say, weve blown the easiest draw in memory. Win today and we'd have had the wide open spaces of Hampden to play on and be a game away from the final. Instead we've got a fight on our hands with players who our manager reckons don't have the bottle for it. I sure as hell hope they prove us wrong and if they do it will be one of the best results I've seen in 35 years.

tbfhibs
13-03-2010, 08:16 PM
The Redcliffe hotel in Inverness, or the Kessick hotel in Kessick nice hotels, and i'm not on commision.

Killiehibbie
13-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Bookies had Hibs as strong favourites today. :hmmm:

1/3 was the shortest price today, meaning if those odds were correct we would wins 3 times out of 4 against todays opposition, this was the day we didn't. 3/1 the draw, this was the 1 day in 4 it was. If the players go out and play better we will be in the semi-final.

NOLA
13-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Do the YOOFS not play truant anymore? deary me:wink:

Allant1981
13-03-2010, 09:14 PM
im going to head up, start work at 0730 the next day which is pretty crap so hoping it doesnt go to ET or pens

NOLA
13-03-2010, 09:42 PM
We can all just jump into our Caravans and head up en masse, No??

Frazerbob
13-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Nearly 3 hours from Aberdeen. Think a wee over-nighter is in order.

Anyone know the Dingwall hot spots to hit after the game? :greengrin

How big is their stadium? Will it be all ticket?

The Voice Of Reason
14-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Sorry to go against the tidal wave of depression gents (I have an excuse I guess, I couldn't make the game today. Perhaps if I was there I would be like most of you guys - trying unsuccessfully to get through to The Samaritans !) :greengrin

Joking apart, I do think we will beat Ross County in the replay. :agree:

Having just watched the lowlights on BBC, I actually think Ross Co will be thinking they have missed their opportunity today. I think we will have too much for them in the replay. :agree:

Someone out there must agree with me.........surely ?!?

:tin hat:

Bayern Bru
14-03-2010, 12:17 AM
This is a head vs heart situation. I actually had a sneaking feeling we'd get beaten today....I only hope that the fact that we clearly got out of jail is enough to fire the players up enough to steamroller the Staggies...

At the moment, I could see it being 1-1 and going to extra time and maybe even penalties - that's after viewing the game today and thinking about the performance of both sides.

I think there's a lot of work to be done.

Crab apple
14-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Sorry to go against the tidal wave of depression gents (I have an excuse I guess, I couldn't make the game today. Perhaps if I was there I would be like most of you guys - trying unsuccessfully to get through to The Samaritans !) :greengrin

Having just watched the lowlights on BBC, I actually think Ross Co will be thinking they have missed their opportunity today. I think we will have too much for them in the replay. :agree:

Despite today's performance I agree with you. They were suspect defensively all game. However much will depend on how our manager sets us up for the game. Junior crab apple and I sat throught the recent Perth debacle and I have the nagging worry at the back of my mind that we could get turned over again if Yogi doesn't get our formation, tactics and attitude right. I will be going to Dingwall but junior will not be as he has school.

skipster7
14-03-2010, 12:20 AM

too soon with a positive thread after that performance, come back midweek:wink:

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:22 AM

I agree with you.:thumbsup:

BEEJ
14-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Junior crab apple and I sat throught the recent Perth debacle and I have the nagging worry at the back of my mind that we could get turned over again if Yogi doesn't get our formation, tactics and attitude right. I will be going to Dingwall but junior will not be as he has school.
You need to pray that he has a Damascus Road experience in the next few days then. So far the message doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Bayern Bru
14-03-2010, 12:23 AM
You need to pray that he has a Damascus Road experience in the next few days then. So far the message doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Perhaps 40 days and 40 nights in the desert would be more appropriate.
:devil:

The Voice Of Reason
14-03-2010, 12:25 AM
too soon with a positive thread after that performance, come back midweek:wink:

Perhaps - my disclaimer was that I wasn't at the game today ! :greengrin

BEEJ
14-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Perhaps 40 days and 40 nights in the desert would be more appropriate.
:devil:
Right enough.

It's been about that long since our last decent performance. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-03-2010, 12:26 AM

You might be right. At least we are still in the cup.

I left Easter Road today not sad and frustrated but thinking thank god we drew 2-2 and we have another game in which to try and qualify. As soon as they equalised at 2-2 I thought they would definitely get a third without reply.

We were pretty poor today and the players will certainly be aware of that fact and know that they have to do a lot better up at Ross County. I think they will.

Fingers crossed.

:notworthy:

P.S. To all you moaning face gits I had to endure in the South Stand today...get a grip and get behind the team rather than shout abuse. Shouting abuse and booing our own players only helps the opposition.

oconnors_strip
14-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Will any supporters buses be running?

there will be at least 3 full sized buses going and i dont see them being full. save your petrol money and stress free by going on a supporters bus:thumbsup:

keep an eye on here for details:wink:

The Voice Of Reason
14-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks you Crab Apple and silverhibbee ! :thumbsup:

I can retire to my scratcher safe in the knowledge that I am not alone in my thoughts ! :wink:

Good night chaps.....I look forward to having sweet dreams of our 4 goal victory in Dingwall ! :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
14-03-2010, 12:29 AM

I was there today and we could quite easily beat Ross County in the replay. We could have beaten them today with more composure and a linesman who allowed Deek to continue when he wasn't offside.

Some of the posters on here would have topped themselves after cup results in years gone by. Clydebank 1-0 or Airdrie 0-2 off the top of my head.

skipster7
14-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I was there today and we could quite easily beat Ross County in the replay. We could have beaten them today with more composure and a linesman who allowed Deek to continue when he wasn't offside.

Some of the posters on here would have topped themselves after cup results in years gone by. Clydebank 1-0 or Airdrie 0-2 off the top of my head.
at both those games:boo hoo: we beat clydebank 5-0 the week before that as well !! as for the airdrie game that was expected as they were bogey side,im sure owen coyle scored 2 in that game.:grr:

Mag7
14-03-2010, 12:43 AM
at both those games:boo hoo: we beat clydebank 5-0 the week before that as well !! as for the airdrie game that was expected as they were bogey side,im sure owen coyle scored 2 in that game.:grr:

The Airdrie game was the end of Tommy McIntyre's stint as Hibs penalty taker. John Martin was the first keeper to dive the right way, which was all it took to save a McIntyre penalty, all of which were very casually hit along the ground. If he'd put us 1-0 up that day we'd have been well on our way to a second cup final of the season. Shouldn't be too hard on Tommy tho, as he did score one in the Skol Cup final plus one in the new year derby at Tynecastle.

GB6
14-03-2010, 12:43 AM
just had a look at trains, this seems to be the best one for going - 1335 - edinburgh to inverness (arrive 17.05) inverness - dingwall (leaving 17.15, arriving 17.46) but as said before looks like the last train is 19.41 (maybe a tad to early even for the early leavers) :wink:........ £12.10 for a single

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Looking forward to the game already. C'Mon the Hibees. :notworthy:

monktonharp
14-03-2010, 01:01 AM

Some of the posters on here would have topped themselves after cup results in years gone by. Clydebank 1-0 or Airdrie 0-2 off the top of my head.:agree:we had bad luck with Deek ,given offside and bad luck with Nishie trying to lob one in,and extremely bad luck with our goalie doing a great block,only for the ba' to bounce in off Nid's chest just as he tried to avoid trampeling over the goalie. the good luck came much later,as Nid cleared off the line to keep us in the cup.so ,if we get mair of the guid than the bad,coupled with more effort from a few that let themselves down,i'm sure we can go through yo the semi. by christ,ah need another drink:yawn:

Lucius Apuleius
14-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Put me down for positivity as well please. Course we will do them. No wahalla.

majorhibs
14-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Put me down for positivity as well please. Course we will do them. No wahalla.

As long as thats a Scottish No wahalla & no a Nigerian one, which usually precedes "crash, bang, wallop" as you will know.

Lucius Apuleius
14-03-2010, 06:18 AM
As long as thats a Scottish No wahalla & no a Nigerian one, which usually precedes "crash, bang, wallop" as you will know.

:greengrin So true mate, so very very true.

Aldo
14-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Holy *****......we have been pretty poor in recent weeks but lets all remember one thing...........we are still IN yes STILL IN the cup and go into the hat tomorrow for the SF draw.

We will know who RC or Hibs are getting in the next round so chill.

That will be the incentive

It wont be RR so if we get through we better be prepared to face the Huns at Hamdump cos thats the way it will pan out.

There is no way the SFA will have an OF SF endof.

Aldo
14-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Superb...I am off that week however going in for the snip (ouch :boo hoo:) on the Wed morning so will miss it.

What will be less painful I wonder.

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 08:04 AM

Sorry to be defeatist VoR but if you are true to your name then that Hibs team I watched today is as good as out surely?

No way will they beat Ross County at Dingwall:bitchy::boo hoo:

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 08:39 AM
You can travel by train and stay overnight in Inverness. Train up as advised above. (£12.10 single) The last train to Inverness from Dingwall is at 22.54 (£5 single). Even if it goes e/t and penalties, the latest the game should finish is 22.30 (assuming 7.45 k/o).

Or, alternatively to the ticket prices above, get singles from Edinburgh to Inverness, and a £7.80 day return from Inverness to Dingwall.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Nearly 3 hours from Aberdeen. Think a wee over-nighter is in order.

Anyone know the Dingwall hot spots to hit after the game? :greengrin

How big is their stadium? Will it be all ticket?

Holds about 6,000 and I would have thought that it would be all ticket, given that it is a big game for them (first time they've got this far in the Cup). Hibs will definitely get the open terracing behind one goal, which holds several hundred (guess-timate). Hibs *may* ask for a bit of the main stand, which would give another few hundred.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm normally quite positive in such situations, but I can't see Hibs winning the replay. If Ross County replicate that form in front of their home supporters, they won't have much to worry about.

I can't see us getting to grips with the midfield and producing the kind of motivated, disciplined and classy display needed to see them off.

It could be a long and painful night for us, methinks.

lyonhibs
14-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm normally quite positive in such situations, but I can't see Hibs winning the replay. If Ross County replicate that form in front of their home supporters, they won't have much to worry about.

I can't see us getting to grips with the midfield and producing the kind of motivated, disciplined and classy display needed to see them off.

It could be a long and painful night for us, methinks.

:agree: :agree:

We escaped with a draw at home by literally the width of Ian Murray's shin. We were pathetically second to every single ball in the 2nd half, and our central midfield duo might as well have been wearing clown shoes and smoking fat Cubans for all the influence they exerted.

Short of an absolutely miraculous turnaround in attitude and application from 80% (Hanlon, Stokes and Murray excepted) between now and then, we'll get turfed out of the cup up in Dingwall.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2010, 09:30 AM
:agree: :agree:

We escaped with a draw at home by literally the width of Ian Murray's shin. We were pathetically second to every single ball in the 2nd half, and our central midfield duo might as well have been wearing clown shoes and smoking fat Cubans for all the influence they exerted.

Short of an absolutely miraculous turnaround in attitude and application from 80% (Hanlon, Stokes and Murray excepted) between now and then, we'll get turfed out of the cup up in Dingwall.

Sorry to disagree, Stokes wasn't interested in helping the team yesterday.

All he did was run central in the hope of getting a chance. No help to the midfield or, more importantly, Wotherspoon.

Nish was far more influencial for us. He was Hibs best player, imo.

Mag7
14-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Holds about 6,000 and I would have thought that it would be all ticket, given that it is a big game for them (first time they've got this far in the Cup). Hibs will definitely get the open terracing behind one goal, which holds several hundred (guess-timate). Hibs *may* ask for a bit of the main stand, which would give another few hundred.

Yep, I think it will sell out with about 5,700 supporting Ross County. A tight wee ground with a boisterous crowd right up for it. Do the current Hibs team have the bottle to handle it? Hard to believe they do. And based on the alarming holes in our defence yesterday we could be looking at another 5-1 Perth-style humiliation if we lose an early goal.

On the other hand it's a chance for the players to surprise us and show they do have the bottle for a battle. Could be the making of them. Here's hoping, but I'm not remotely confident.

Mag7
14-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Hard to be confident but maybe the players will surprise us.

mim
14-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Hibs are 4/1 to win the cup.
Ross County are 66/1 to win the cup.

What does that tell us? :wink:

erin-go-bragh87
14-03-2010, 09:40 AM
The Redcliffe hotel in Inverness, or the Kessick hotel in Kessick nice hotels, and i'm not on commision.

Not on commision? Just a coincidence then that the 2 are owned by the same family.:wink:

lyonhibs
14-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry to disagree, Stokes wasn't interested in helping the team yesterday.

All he did was run central in the hope of getting a chance. No help to the midfield or, more importantly, Wotherspoon.

Nish was far more influencial for us. He was Hibs best player, imo.

A. Pedant reports - influential. :greengrin I know what you meant though. With the ball on the deck Nish showed some great link-up touches.

He still wins a pathetically small percentage of balls in the air for someone of his height, and I think the problem stems from the fact that he insists on jumping far, far too early, and is therefore on the way down when the ball actually arrives.

We all know Dirk Lehmann was the only footballer with the ability to temporarily suspend the laws of gravity, and Isaac Newton's great discovery should be explained to Nish pronto, because this new found "och the pitch is rubbish, let's just punt it" tactic needs him to hold it up, not have the ball coming back at us every 10 seconds.

So yeh, Nish is added to the list of acceptable performers on appeal.

lyonhibs
14-03-2010, 09:46 AM

That bookies know sweet fanny adams about Hibs and the Scottish Cup?? :dunno::greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 09:56 AM
http://scottishgroundguide.co.uk/

Hainan Hibs
14-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Can either see Ross County pumping us because of our lack of fight or us somehow scraping through after extra time.

Mon Hibs I want a trip to Hampden:grr::notworthy:

lyonhibs
14-03-2010, 10:03 AM
This may "out" me as a dreadful part timer blah blah blah, but literally, I would sooner eat my own arm then spoon Maggie Thatcher than go to Dingwall to watch the dream die, which is what will happen if the team plays anything like as badly as they did in the 2nd half.

4 hours there, 4 hours back. **** that for a barrel of fanny.

Utmost admiration for those that do go, and I openly invite you all to abuse me if we win and it's a great away trip, but I just can't see it at the moment :boo hoo:

Who are we playing next............................ :hide:

Golden Bear
14-03-2010, 10:05 AM
We've far too many players who think that they're good players and not enough players who actually are good players.

I'm still spewing after yesterday and right now I just can't see any way that we'll win the replay.

PeeJay
14-03-2010, 10:10 AM
What's the point of being a Hibs fan if we can't be confident of beating Ross County? We made them look better than they are (...from what I could see in Berlin, fair enough!) We'll need to work hard, cut out the stupid mistakes, really take the game to them and show them what Hibs are capable of on our day. Can't believe so many have given up on us already?:grr:

truehibernian
14-03-2010, 10:14 AM
A team of individuals who look like they have been thrown together last minute. No leaders on the park. Ross County to win comfortably. The basics of football seem to have left the side, and we look slow, dithery, scared to tackle, and have next to zero pace or width. All a team needs to do to beat Hibs is harry, chase and pump balls over the top of the central defence.............then cue kamikaze defending, the likes of which I have only seen at my lad's Under 12's games. We are as well playing a wheelie bin in place of Hogg..........the wheelie bin would have more pace and would be able to turn quicker. How I miss the likes of Laursen, Sauzee, Hughes and Smith......the last balanced, toughened and skilful defence we have had, with each one being a leader. Yesterday was like watching an old episode of Michael Bentine's Potty Time.

The_Todd
14-03-2010, 10:14 AM
If Hibs waken up and remember it's not a training session and show County the respect they deserve we should win.

If Hibs play like they did yesterday we can forget it. I'm not too confident though, we've barely played well in over a month now.

Golden Bear
14-03-2010, 10:15 AM
What's the point of being a Hibs fan if we can't be confident of beating Ross County? We made them look better than they are (...from what I could see in Berlin, fair enough!) We'll need to work hard, cut out the stupid mistakes, really take the game to them and show them what Hibs are capable of on our day. Can't believe so many have given up on us already?:grr:

Ross County are a better team than us and that is both TRUTHFUL and PAINFUL.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2010, 10:16 AM

If the original draw had been Ross County or any other 1st Division team, away from home we'd have been delighted. As you say, if people are so resigned to losing this tie, what's the point?

StevieC
14-03-2010, 10:17 AM
wierd thing is I can'r stand being a passenger on that kind of trip...but quite enjoy the driving...don't know if that makes me odd

I'm exactly the same, I have no problems driving (I even drove to Liege and back for the European game) but stick me in as a passenger and I'm ill after about 10 minutes!

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2010, 10:18 AM
:faf::faf:

KWJ
14-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Umm, no they're not.

hibbymac
14-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Superb...I am off that week however going in for the snip (ouch :boo hoo:) on the Wed morning so will miss it.

What will be less painful I wonder.

Don't worry,you won't "miss it" ........ they don't cut the whole thing off.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 10:20 AM

That is just nonsense. Hibs were the better team and were winning (albeit not playing well) until the 2-2, and then capitulated in the last 10 minutes. It was somewhat similar to the St. Johnstone home game, which could or should have been a comfortable win. A mistake / break then gave a late equaliser, which could / should have been followed by a winning goal for the opponent.

PeeJay
14-03-2010, 10:35 AM

I listened on the radio and saw the highlights - they are certainly NOT better than us. It was a cup game, their "final" - wee teams always rise above their level when playing big teams - that's the magic of the cup. It's happened to much better teams than the current Hibs team. We shouldn't be so surprised and so negative about the game or its outcome, annoying though it may be. We had enough chances to sew up the game - we didn't, we paid the price BUT we're still in the cup. They had their chance: they didn't take it: ball is in our court. We'll go through I think, I've faith in the lads! :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 10:50 AM
there will be at least 3 full sized buses going and i dont see them being full. save your petrol money and stress free by going on a supporters bus:thumbsup:

Well said :thumbsup:
Speaking to Brockie last night we are going to try and help each other all branches heading up as the buses will be big as we have to have a toilet for this journey so keep posted to the travel forum save your petrol and come on the buses!! The Bigger the support the more support for our boys!!:hnet:

SunnyLeither
14-03-2010, 11:01 AM
You can travel by train and stay overnight in Inverness. Train up as advised above. (£12.10 single) The last train to Inverness from Dingwall is at 22.54 (£5 single). Even if it goes e/t and penalties, the latest the game should finish is 22.30 (assuming 7.45 k/o).

Or, alternatively to the ticket prices above, get singles from Edinburgh to Inverness, and a £7.80 day return from Inverness to Dingwall.

Alternatively, confirm yourself on a Supporters bus and you get door to door travel with a refreshment stop thrown in.

As Lee says, we are going to work together on this as coaches wil be very expensive unless we can get them filled. We should be able to do it for around £15 a head .... full details on the Travel Forum but let us ken if you want to go, contact any bus convenor and we'll sort something out for you, relax & let the bus take the strain :thumbsup:

An Leargaidh
14-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Speaking to Brockie last night we are going to try and help each other all branches heading up as the buses will be big as we have to have a toilet for this journey so keep posted to the travel forum save your petrol and come on the buses!! The Bigger the support the more support for our boys!!:hnet:

Anyone any idea what the kick-off time will be? 1900? 1915? 1930? 1945?

Also, any west coasters on here thinking of going? :cool2:

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Alternatively, confirm yourself on a Supporters bus and you get door to door travel with a refreshment stop thrown in.

As Lee says, we are going to work together on this as coaches wil be very expensive unless we can get them filled. We should be able to do it for around £15 a head .... full details on the Travel Forum but let us ken if you want to go, contact any bus convenor and we'll sort something out for you, relax & let the bus take the strain :thumbsup:

Can't really ask for anything more well said Sean:thumbsup:
but yeah think it will probably a 7.45 Kick off :agree:

tbfhibs
14-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Not on commision? Just a coincidence then that the 2 are owned by the same family.:wink:

I know but i would'nt get nor take anything. Was up there for a party last year.

An Leargaidh
14-03-2010, 11:31 AM
but yeah think it will probably a 7.45 Kick off :agree:

Cheers mate, was just trying to work out travel options and even half an hour could screw them up :agree: I guessed 7.45 kick off but due to the distance away from civilisation I wasn't sure if they would play it earlier.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2010, 11:36 AM

I think it may be a 7.30pm KO as the game is played to a finish!

marinello59
14-03-2010, 11:37 AM
It's 7.45

I think it may be a 7.30pm KO as the game is played to a finish!

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 11:40 AM
It's 7.45

yay a was actually right for a change :rockin:

An Leargaidh
14-03-2010, 11:46 AM
It's 7.45

Many thanks for confirmation of time :agree:

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:20 PM

The bookies never get it wrong,:greengrin:cool2:, County had there chance yesterday to advance to the semi finals, they never took it, Hibs will when wee go up to Dingwall. C'Mon the Hibs. Get behind the team people.:notworthy:

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 12:37 PM
That is just nonsense. Hibs were the better team and were winning (albeit not playing well) until the 2-2, and then capitulated in the last 10 minutes. It was somewhat similar to the St. Johnstone home game, which could or should have been a comfortable win. A mistake / break then gave a late equaliser, which could / should have been followed by a winning goal for the opponent.

You're joking, surely:faf: Hibs were at no point the better team!

rab1875
14-03-2010, 01:10 PM
1st time this season will be able to see the Cabbage ,Good wee ground and terracing behind the goals for away support,party time in Jonny foxes inverness after ,,,,Thats the plan anyway

RIP
14-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm exactly the same, I have no problems driving (I even drove to Liege and back for the European game) but stick me in as a passenger and I'm ill after about 10 minutes!

Superb!

Now all you need is a passenger to share the cost of the fuel :wink:

The_Todd
14-03-2010, 01:43 PM

I can't agree with that.

There were two teams out there yesterday: one which was passing the ball about, getting into good attacking positions, threatening quite regularly and looked like they belonged in the upper reaches of the SPL. And then there was a team who couldn't string two passes together, looked like rabbits trapped in the headlights and were playing real backs to the wall stuff, scrambling balls away with last ditch defending.

Hibs were the latter and at no point in the 90 looked even like equals of Ross County. Played off the park.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I can't agree with that.

There were two teams out there yesterday: one which was passing the ball about, getting into good attacking positions, threatening quite regularly and looked like they belonged in the upper reaches of the SPL. And then there was a team who couldn't string two passes together, looked like rabbits trapped in the headlights and were playing real backs to the wall stuff, scrambling balls away with last ditch defending.

Hibs were the latter and at no point in the 90 looked even like equals of Ross County. Played off the park.

You're joking, surely:faf: Hibs were at no point the better team!

I think you're both giving too much weight to what happened last. The first 80 minutes were a good open game which Hibs were just about shading. After the bad mistake(s) for the 2-2, Hibs completely fell apart and Ross County should have won the game then.

Was there any point before the 2-2 where you thought Ross County were going to win the game?

The_Todd
14-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I think you're both giving too much weight to what happened last. The first 80 minutes were a good open game which Hibs were just about shading. After the bad mistake(s) for the 2-2, Hibs completely fell apart and Ross County should have won the game then.

Was there any point before the 2-2 where you thought Ross County were going to win the game?

At no point in the 90, even at 2-1, did I think we were looking like going through. We were giving them the ball with alarming regularity and they kept pushing and plugging away. And it wasn't just Ross County, it was the same last week v Kilmarnock, the same the week before vs Saints.

But, to be fair if Ross County got promoted I don't think they'd get relegated.They're a better team than we're giving credit for.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 02:07 PM

I agree, i only saw the highlights, but we still had a few chances, and should have wrapped the game up before their equaliser. Plus we have Bamba back.

If Only
14-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Please explain how you come to that conclusion!!!!!!!!!!

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I think we have a 50/50 chance. But if we want to stand any chance of going through we need to be up for it, unlike yesterday. I couldn't care less if we undeservedly grinded out a 1-0 win through an OG just as long as we get through to the semi's that's all that matters to me.:agree:

Hibby 2005
14-03-2010, 02:40 PM
A cup replay after a derby game is not ideal as we will be more tired than usual and if we lose against Hearts then our low confidence will be even lower and I would expect a very difficult game at County. On the flip side, beat Hearts and I'd be confident of us going through.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 02:55 PM

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but I said throughout the second half that we needed a third goal to settle things because I thought that the way Ross County were playing, they were more than capable of getting back in it. They maybe didn't have too many clear cut chances until they equalised with 10 minutes remaining but they were knocking the ball about comfortably and confidently and I thought they were the better side in that 45 minutes by quite some way.

I think we will struggle up there in the replay.

StevieC
14-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Now all you need is a passenger to share the cost of the fuel :wink:

It wouldn't be a problem .. I'd be up there in a shot ...

The trouble is that I booked a short break a month ago .. and timed the flight back so I could arrive in Edinburgh early afternoon on Wednesday the 24th to get to the Dundee United game!!

:grr:

fatbloke
14-03-2010, 03:30 PM
put out a side that is capable of dictating a game

I'm not so sure such a thing exists - certainly not on the evidence of anything I have watched except on a few occasions since CIS Cup Final 2007.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
http://scottishgroundguide.co.uk/ (http://scottishgroundguide.co.uk/)

Only £5 or £6 for me.. encouraging me to make the trip even more now.:greengrin

danhibees1875
14-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Looking on scotrail it seems to cost £12.10 to get there from Edinburgh, but £62.70 to return(and it takes 10 hours!).

Have I done something wrong? :confused:

:hnet:

bawheid
14-03-2010, 04:00 PM
This thread is complete madness.

Crawling all over it BF. :agree:

I agree the team is a shambles, the management lacking, the pitch pathetic, but the poor wee east stand does not come into the equation. I look forward to its completion. It will look impressive to the players running out the tunnel. BTW I didn't go to todays game as it would have left me all but skint til the end of the month. It was a last minute decision. All I can say is Phew! I made the right call.

Noseyhibby, how the f*** do you leave the house in the morning?

Oh, and the bit in bold... :hmmm:

I know this is a doom and gloom post but it's just so typically Hibs and it's extremely frustrating.

Cheer up ffs.

A. Pedant reports - influential. ..

...So yeh, Nish is added to the list of acceptable performers on appeal.

I've pulled you up about this before. If you're going to correct folks' spelling, make sure yours is correct in the first place. Otherwise you just look a bit of a prat. :wink:

Oooft. The worst of the lot.

Ross County are a decent, hard-working 1st division side. They came to Easter Road for their biggest game of the season and raised their game. And still we should have won.

An unlucky OG, a goal disallowed incorrectly, another few chances that on another day would have seen us clear.

I wish everyone would get a ****ing grip. Do any of you want to win the Scottish Cup? Right, well get behind the team and stop pissing your pants like a bunch of wimps.

I'll tell you what's going to happen. We're going to the pink pig sty next weekend and we're proper pumping them. Then we're going up to Dingwall and booking our place in the Scottish Cup semis.

GGTTH

SvenNeil
14-03-2010, 04:28 PM

From a 17 year olds point of view ;)

Thomson1875
14-03-2010, 04:29 PM

il be up for it! heading on my own though! will there be alot of spaces on the buses if so put my name down:thumbsup:, means taking the day off college but will hopefully be worth it! When the buses are confirmed prices ect let me know if you can. Traveled to ibrox with my other half through the edinburgh & livingstone bus im sure it was you i contacted on the bounce?:agree:

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 04:33 PM
il be up for it! heading on my own though! will there be alot of spaces on the buses if so put my name down:thumbsup:, means taking the day off college but will hopefully be worth it! When the buses are confirmed prices ect let me know if you can. Traveled to ibrox with my other half through the edinburgh & livingstone bus im sure it was you i contacted on the bounce?:agree:

Yeah it was me that you spoke to bud:agree: but details should be available soon!
there will be a few spaces as the 3 supporter branches that ino are taking a bus are working together to fill these up as much as possible :thumbsup: i shall be intouch:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Looking on scotrail it seems to cost £12.10 to get there from Edinburgh, but £62.70 to return(and it takes 10 hours!).

Have I done something wrong? :confused:

:hnet:

If you want a cheap fare you have to leave later on the morning of the 24th.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2010, 04:36 PM
A cup replay after a derby game is not ideal as we will be more tired than usual and if we lose against Hearts then our low confidence will be even lower and I would expect a very difficult game at County. On the flip side, beat Hearts and I'd be confident of us going through.

Interesting to note that Ross County have a highland derby next weekend against Inverness Caley which is also a huge game for them since Caley have leapfrogged Ross County into 2nd place.

Mag7
14-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Looks like most have resigned themselves to defeat judging by the poll results so far.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Ross County are a decent, hard-working 1st division side. They came to Easter Road for their biggest game of the season and raised their game. And still we should have won.

An unlucky OG, a goal disallowed incorrectly, another few chances that on another day would have seen us clear.

I wish everyone would get a ****ing grip. Do any of you want to win the Scottish Cup? Right, well get behind the team and stop pissing your pants like a bunch of wimps.

I'll tell you what's going to happen. We're going to the pink pig sty next weekend and we're proper pumping them. Then we're going up to Dingwall and booking our place in the Scottish Cup semis.

GGTTH

I agree with that. Most of the complaints centre on a lack of desire / effort / competitiveness by the players, but are crapping themselves at the thought of playing a Hearts team that Jefferies slaughtered in his post match comments yesterday (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8566783.stm), and then a decent 1st division team in a cup replay. All this with the prospect of getting into Europe and / or progressing to the latter stages of that Cup if (God forbid) Hibs disappoint these moaners by winning.

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Looks like most have resigned themselves to defeat judging by the poll results so far.

28 + 23 = 51
30 + 3 = 33

:confused:

Sir David Gray
14-03-2010, 04:45 PM

Most people so far have voted that we'll win.

50 people have voted for us to go through, 33 have said that we'll get put out and 9 people don't know.

Spike Mandela
14-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Most people so far have voted that we'll win.

50 people have voted for us to go through, 33 have said that we'll get put out and 9 people don't know.

Lies, damned lies and statistics!:wink:

NaeTechnoHibby
14-03-2010, 08:08 PM

Lal and I will be interested :agree:

Darth Hibbie
14-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Thinking about it. Going in tomorrow to try and get the day of work.

Calvin
14-03-2010, 10:14 PM
It would be nice if Hibs laid on some buses for the fans. It's the furthest away location in Scottish football on a Tuesday night. Not too many fans will be making the journey and the team will need all the support they can get, especially in the only competition we are still in.

If we got a Hampden Semi-Final out of it, it would far eclipse the cost of getting a few hundred fans up to Dingwall!

Pete
14-03-2010, 10:33 PM
It would be nice if Hibs laid on some buses for the fans. It's the furthest away location in Scottish football on a Tuesday night. Not too many fans will be making the journey and the team will need all the support they can get, especially in the only competition we are still in.

If we got a Hampden Semi-Final out of it, it would far eclipse the cost of getting a few hundred fans up to Dingwall!

This is the main thing for me. I'm seriously considering driving there on my jack (as everyone I have spoken to wouldn't touch this with a barge pole) and helping out by cheering on the boys. It's four hours...big deal.

If we do prevail the rewards far outweigh the effort of getting up there and back. I'm by no means hardcore but I feel like I'm somehow needed because this will be tricky and we need to show face to help out and roar us to victory.

I don't think anyone who goes will go away dissapointed as I believe we will be up for it this time....and if we are we should win. Underdogs in cup ties normally only get one chance and I think they blew there's on Saturday. I think class will tell in the end.

Alex Trager
14-03-2010, 10:45 PM

From a 17 year olds point of view ;)
Obviously...i'm seventeen

Nakedmanoncrack
15-03-2010, 12:02 AM
This thread is complete madness.

Crawling all over it BF. :agree:

Noseyhibby, how the f*** do you leave the house in the morning?

Oh, and the bit in bold... :hmmm:

Cheer up ffs.

I've pulled you up about this before. If you're going to correct folks' spelling, make sure yours is correct in the first place. Otherwise you just look a bit of a prat. :wink:

GGTTH

I despair at some of the things written on this thread, some people really need to get a grip.

bornahibby
15-03-2010, 12:51 AM
I'd almost fancy us away from home now that they've had a reality check.
Hibs have started these three cup ties pathetically to be honest; Irvine Meadow and Montrose both missed sitters in the first five minutes, Ross County should've converted their free header in the same period. The first two teams were too weak to truly threaten us, but it's been almost textbook stuff in how not to deal with a lower league side - we've given them all every encouragement.

Ditch the half-arsed approach, go up there and put out a side that is capable of dictating a game without leaving wide open spaces that gives an opponent every hope that their chances will come. Most importantly, man the **** up. Apathetic fannying about nearly put us out the cup today and the same again WILL put us out the cup next week. Learn the lessons, show and bit of guts and do yourselves justice for once.

Spot on. I want you up there to do the team talk because that is exactly what Yogi needs to be saying - or shouting, right in thier faces - right before kick off. Its about time the players started to realise how important the Cup is.

Albanian Hibs
15-03-2010, 06:59 AM
I despair at some of the things written on this thread, some people really need to get a grip.

We will win the replay

brydekirk
15-03-2010, 07:41 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 07:58 AM

I'm normally a bright ray of sunshine and laughter regarding all things Hibs, but I'm inclined to agree. The scenario you outline is all too plausible. I can't see where the extra commitment, passion and tactic nous you speak off is coming from, on recent performances. Yet we do have a talent squad and we have to turn the corner soon, and the next couple of games would be the ideal time. All we can hope is that the players rediscover their passion and that Yogi addresses the problem of us being overrun in midfield.

The team are due the support the heads-up, passionate, skillful performance they are more than capable of. They'll need to deliver at Dingwal or we're out the cup.

HH81
15-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Hibs to win 2-0 is my prediction. Were still in the cup, lucky maybe but never mind.

TheCabbage
15-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Any idea when/if tickets will go on sale for the replay?

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 01:21 PM
guys this is the time when we really need :notworthy: so if you can manage to go to dingwall then please make the effort and go.

It will be warming for the players if say 1000 fans could make the journey up there.I know it's 160 odd miles away and a mare to get too but please make the effort to go if you can.

normally i would say **** that i'm not going all the way up there to watch that ***** but the team needs us and we need to be in that semi final

i know guys would have to take a half day or a holiday to make it,i'm lucky i'm self employed so i can but they seemed to manage to do it when we played blackburn in a pre season game and this is a little more important

begging over:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2010, 01:26 PM
guys this is the time when we really need :notworthy: so if you can manage to go to dingwall then please make the effort and go.

It will be warming for the players if say 1000 fans could make the journey up there.I know it's 160 odd miles away and a mare to get too but please make the effort to go if you can.

normally i would say **** that i'm not going all the way up there to watch that ***** but the team needs us and we need to be in that semi final

i know guys would have to take a half day or a holiday to make it,i'm lucky i'm self employed so i can but they seemed to manage to do it when we played blackburn in a pre season game and this is a little more important

A piece of piss.:wink:

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 01:35 PM

exactly

are you going up it's only a bunny hop on the plane fae manchester no excuses now:greengrin:greengrin

silverhibee
15-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Me and my son will be there giving Hibs our support. :notworthy::notworthy:

An Leargaidh
15-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Mate, I have applied for two days off work (fingers crossed) and will be trying for a ticket if I get the days off. It'll be a 220 mile drive each way but according to Nancy Sinatra "You Only Live Twice" and next time I might be a pet hamster living in Gorgie :faf: so better not miss the chance this time around

Any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

down-the-slope
15-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Mate, I have applied for two days off work (fingers crossed) and will be trying for a ticket if I get the days off. It'll be a 220 mile drive each way but according to Nancy Sinatra "You Only Live Twice" and next time I might be a pet hamster living in Gorgie :faf: so better not miss the chance this time around

Any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

Rodders should give a ticket to anyone who if willing to make the effort and financial cost of going in a midweek

Rory89
15-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Rodders should give a ticket to anyone who if willing to make the effort and financial cost of going in a midweek

Haha, Rod would make you pay for a sniff of his ******.

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 02:44 PM

exactly

are you going up it's only a bunny hop on the plane fae manchester no excuses now:greengrin:greengrin

it's only £218 quid from manchester from flybe no excuses then:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

gstarbry1875
15-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Booked the train this morning!

Edinburgh to Inverness £20.60 return.
Inverness to Dingwall £10 return.

having to stay over in Inverness on the tuesday night as no return train after the game but hopefully it will be worth it!!

Joe Baker II
15-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Would do without taking annual leave but now booked up, never been to Dingwall before (like a lot of Hibs fans) and think we will have a good support at this game.

LancsHibs
15-03-2010, 03:39 PM
it's only £218 quid from manchester from flybe no excuses then:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

£91 return on sleeper train from Preston to Inverness. Leaves Preston at 00:42 arrives Inverness 08:46 then leaves Inverness at 04:51 returning Preston at 12:45. 36hour round trip:wink:

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 03:48 PM
£91 return on sleeper train from Preston to Inverness. Leaves Preston at 00:42 arrives Inverness 08:46 then leaves Inverness at 04:51 returning Preston at 12:45. 36hour round trip:wink:

hope you've booked it then:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
15-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Would do without taking annual leave but now booked up, never been to Dingwall before (like a lot of Hibs fans) and think we will have a good support at this game.

I've been once. 7 years ago today.

:eek:

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=365534

Paul Hartley scored and Darren Dods scored an OG. Plus ca change?

:greengrin

Never normally go to away games (only been to Perth and Killie this season) but definitely considering this one.

LancsHibs
15-03-2010, 04:00 PM
hope you've booked it then:greengrin

Has relpay been confirmed Tue 23rd or Wed 24th???

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 04:04 PM

tuesday mate

Part/Time Supporter
15-03-2010, 04:05 PM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100315/scottish-cup-replay-ticket-information_2262950_1995043

Ross County v Hibernian

Active Nation Scottish Cup Quarter Final Replay
Tuesday 23 March 2010
Kick off 7.45pm
Victoria Park Stadium

Hibernian FC today announced that tickets for this match will go on sale at 10am on Wednesday 17 March 2010 to Season Ticket Members and Club Members only until 5pm Friday 19 March 2010. General sale will commence at 9am Saturday 20 March 2010.

This is an all ticket match; there will be no cash gates.

Hibernian has been allocated 350 Stand tickets and 1000 Terracing tickets.

Tickets will be available by telephoning the call centre on 0844 844 1875 option 1, online at www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets or in person at the Ticket Office during normal office opening times.

Ticket Prices

Adults: £15.00
Concessions: £10.00

Disabled: £10 (with free admission for carer where required)

Owain_1987
15-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Who is all going and who is staying over? Am thinking getting an hotel in Inverness anyone else doing this?

LancsHibs
15-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Only 1350 tickets for Hibs fans!, think there will be any problems getting tickets?? Don't want to buy rail tickets and then not have a match ticket:confused: or am I being overly concerned?

legends of 73
15-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Only 1350 tickets for Hibs fans!, think there will be any problems getting tickets?? Don't want to buy rail tickets and then not have a match ticket:confused: or am I being overly concerned?

don't think there will be a problem getting a ticket

proud_and_green
15-03-2010, 04:39 PM
we are certs to turn them over up there. wee teams rarely get it right twice. Does Dingwall have a Johnny Foxes?

Its got a main street and half a dozen bars, that's about it!! This is not a metropolis! Nice toon all the same.

noseyhibby
15-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm normally a bright ray of sunshine and laughter regarding all things Hibs, but I'm inclined to agree. The scenario you outline is all too plausible. I can't see where the extra commitment, passion and tactic nous you speak off is coming from, on recent performances. Yet we do have a talent squad and we have to turn the corner soon, and the next couple of games would be the ideal time. All we can hope is that the players rediscover their passion and that Yogi addresses the problem of us being overrun in midfield.

The team are due the support the heads-up, passionate, skillful performance they are more than capable of. They'll need to deliver at Dingwal or we're out the cup.

Despite my prediction of losing 3-0, this is based on the way we are currently performing. Some posters are of the opinion that those of us who predict defeat want to see a defeat just so we can say yeh, told you so. this is so far removed from the truth. I have every much chance of getting this result right as predicting a 3-0 win. Hibs are actually capable of achieving a victory if they got their act together. Besides which, predicting is a lottery, and if anyone pays any real heed to it then they need their heads tested. My fingers like every other Hibbys will be firmly crossed on the 23rd. Oh, the joys and ups and downs of being a football supporter.

gstarbry1875
15-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Who is all going and who is staying over? Am thinking getting an hotel in Inverness anyone else doing this?

Getting the train up so staying over in Inverness after the game!! Hopefully be able to celebrate a win!!

seanraff07
15-03-2010, 08:40 PM

That's what you call being loyal in supporting your team.:wink:

Mag7
15-03-2010, 09:09 PM

I salute you if you make that trip. Hibs should pay for your match ticket. Unless you can find a pub or club open in Inverness till the early hours (how likely is that on a Tuesday night?!) that'll be a helluva long wait for the return train. Worth it if we win mind you!

LancsHibs
17-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I salute you if you make that trip. Hibs should pay for your match ticket. Unless you can find a pub or club open in Inverness till the early hours (how likely is that on a Tuesday night?!) that'll be a helluva long wait for the return train. Worth it if we win mind you!

Thats is the trip is on, train tickets have been booked, myself & Darwinhibby making the trip:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have to find that night club to pass the time:devil: any suggestions...

darwenhibby
17-03-2010, 04:55 PM
And the tickets are ordered too.:thumbsup:

Sad to say that we are probably the only Lancashire Hibs going.

Yer Blackpools, boltons, Pie Mans, Glove Mans are all Glory Huntin Barstewards
no doubt trying to get tickets for the Semis and Finals

Kojock
17-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Got Tuesday of work and a late start on the Wednesday, Whoo Hoo !!!

3 of us heading up by car and should be there around 4pm, room booked at the National Hotel in Dingwall (5 minutes from the ground)

BRING IT ON !!!!!! :notworthy:

Vince White
21-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I really hope those making the effort to travel are rewarded but judging by yesterday I don't think the players look up for it.

erskine-hibby
21-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I agree, i only saw the highlights, but we still had a few chances, and should have wrapped the game up before their equaliser. Plus we have Bamba back.

We're f***ed!!

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 01:40 PM
And the tickets are ordered too.:thumbsup:

Sad to say that we are probably the only Lancashire Hibs going.

Yer Blackpools, boltons, Pie Mans, Glove Mans are all Glory Huntin Barstewards
no doubt trying to get tickets for the Semis and Finals

:faf: Anyone feel the need to say something?

zlatan
22-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Right, who fancies a wee Hibby gathering at Johnny Foxes in Inverness for those of us staying overnight?

I've got £20 on Ross County to cover my expenses for this trip :hilarious

Lucius Apuleius
22-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Thats is the trip is on, train tickets have been booked, myself & Darwinhibby making the trip:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have to find that night club to pass the time:devil: any suggestions...

Now THAT is commitment.

whiskyhibby
22-03-2010, 05:39 PM
The thing that gives me hope is the 1st half performance against Ross County, every time we went forward we looked like we could create goal scoring chances and could have had them buried at half time

:agree::agree: