PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Thought he was outstanding today until the last 10 minutes or so, think he should keep his place for the derby. :agree:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Thought he was outstanding today until the last 10 minutes or so, think he should keep his place for the derby. :agree:

Oh fekk! Nobody was ever close to "outstanding" today. PH, at best, was mildly competent for 80 minutes then he had a 'mare! And he hoofs the ball far too often! Not his best 90 minutes. :bitchy:

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh fekk! Nobody was ever close to "outstanding" today. PH, at best, was mildly competent for 80 minutes then he had a 'mare! And he hoofs the ball far too often! Not his best 90 minutes. :bitchy:

Are you kidding? He made a fine number of tackles, won his fair share of headers and got a good few blocks in aswell. Agree his distrubution could have been a bit better but other than that he was a stand out.

Walkerbaws
13-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Mussyhibby, you have got bamba tinted specs on! Any football fan watching that game today could see hanlon played well.

Credit where credits due ffs!

woodyhfc4892
13-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Are you kidding? He made a fine number of tackles, won his fair share of headers and got a good few blocks in aswell. Agree his distrubution could have been a bit better but other than that he was a stand out.

:agree:

Westie1875
13-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Time to try Bamba and Hanlon pairing?

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Mussyhibby, you have got bamba tinted specs on! Any football fan watching that game today could see hanlon played well.

Credit where credits due ffs!

Nothing to do with Bamba mate.:confused:

outstanding = Hibs performance today just doesn't go.........for any player!

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Nothing to do with Bamba mate.:confused:

Think you should sell me a pair of those Bamba specs though, could be the next big thing. :greengrin

Walkerbaws
13-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe not an outstanding hibs performance but paul hanlon was pretty good considering he's a young lad and considering he's playing alongside a voiceless captain.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe not an outstanding hibs performance but paul hanlon was pretty good considering he's a young lad and considering he's playing alongside a voiceless captain.

My point though :agree:, nobody was outstanding.:bitchy:

HFC 0-7
13-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Hanlon played well today but the problem with Hanlon is lack of height, hearts have some big players that could cause us problems if Bamba isnt playing. Maybe Keep hanlon in, bring back bamba and drop Hogg?

Hakim Sar
13-03-2010, 06:16 PM
nah hanlon defo was not outstanding. I think he is good facing play, takes good defensive positions, but he ball watches a bit too much just now and got caught out almost every time with the ball OTT - just a youthful thing probs.

think he is like a young ian murray imo - but defo not outstanding today.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Hughes keeps playing rubbish like Hogg, Rankin, Mcbride & Nish that drags us down time and again.

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Hughes keeps playing rubbish like Hogg, Rankin, Mcbride & Nish that drags us down time and again.

McBride is a good player. Nish is "useful", the rest I agree with.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 06:22 PM
McBride is a good player. Nish is "useful", the rest I agree with.

For me McBride is short of Hibernian standard. I'm sure Nish has uses but none of them are on a football pitch.

oconnors_strip
13-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Hanlon played well today but the problem with Hanlon is lack of height, hearts have some big players that could cause us problems if Bamba isnt playing. Maybe Keep hanlon in, bring back bamba and drop Hogg?

how tall are the hearts forwards? paul is about 6ft 2 so not a short arse at all

PiemanP
13-03-2010, 06:28 PM
1 player out of 11 isnt good enough though...

Yes he had a good game, would like to see him and bamba together.

Westie1875
13-03-2010, 06:30 PM

He is taller than Hogg and at least the same height as Murray (if not taller)

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 06:30 PM
1 player out of 11 isnt good enough though...

Yes he had a good game, would like to see him and bamba together.

You usedty be a center half did you no? Get playing... :greengrin

PiemanP
13-03-2010, 06:31 PM
You usedty be a center half did you no? Get playing... :greengrin

and the fact im 6 foot 3 will automatically make me better than nearly everyone in the Hibs team according to .net :agree::greengrin

Mr Cabbage
13-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Thicot & Murray played well together as back two against Hearts a couple of seasons ago. Maybe Hanlon & Thicot with Bamba(if fit) playing in front of them would stabelise the defence and give us a midfielder who can break up opposition attacking play. Something needs done about signing proper full backs also. I know Murray is pretty solid at left back but I was never convinced Wotherspoon should be at right back and with Yogi dropping him I think he has lost his confidence.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Jeezo are there any Hibs players safe from your criticism?

JimBHibees
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Yam sniffery

JimBHibees
13-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Bamba and Hanlon should play in the derby. Hogg IMO is a liability who has been accomodated for way too long just because he was mistakenly given the armband.

brydekirk
13-03-2010, 09:02 PM
For me McBride is short of Hibernian standard. I'm sure Nish has uses but none of them are on a football pitch.
Mcbride has been great, have u not noticed the amount of goals and games we lost when he was injured.

King Paddy
13-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorry mate but what game were you watching?, Never won a header all day and that should be basic duty for a centre half. I concede that he blocked a few shots in the second half, but was a weakness from the start. IMO Hanlon and Weatherspoon were the main problem today.

IWasThere2016
13-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Hanlon is our best CH imho

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Am i seeing right, people actually want Bamba back in now?:confused:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Am i seeing right, people actually want Bamba back in now?:confused:

:faf: Brilliant BH. I know you said you weren't there but we sorely missed the big guy. Maybe now, some realise his importance to us.

FWIW, PH is a good prospect but currently he is no Bamba. His time will come.

brydekirk
13-03-2010, 09:29 PM
hanlons composure for a young CH is great. best to come out of hibs youths ever. :agree:

JimBHibees
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM
:faf: Brilliant BH. I know you said you weren't there but we sorely missed the big guy. Maybe now, some realise his importance to us.

It shouldnt be Bamba or Hanlon it should be and

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM
hanlons composure for a young CH is great. best to come out of hibs youths ever. :agree:

Eh? How can you say that when so many of our players have played scores of times for the club and been sold on for many 0,000,000s?

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Free header 1st 5 minutes, they should've scored - PH's man. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 11:36 PM

No couldn't make today, but i cant believe we now need the same guy who was not good enough last week. I'm confused.:wink:

Shrekko
13-03-2010, 11:56 PM
No couldn't make today, but i cant believe we now need the same guy who was not good enough last week. I'm confused.:wink:

Maybe it's not the same people who said we need to drop him that are pointing out how much we need him?

Hopefully Yogi will soon see what most others do- that Bamba and Hanlon are our 2 best centre-half's by far.

Hfc_Since1875
14-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Hanlon made1 error in the game! TBH i think hes going to be an outstanding centre half!! Was watching the highlights and the amount of clearances from PH was staggering

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Paul hanlon had an excellent game, yes he had a couple of errors, but was not helped by the so called leader Hogg who was not a leader when required and helped panic the young lads either side of him.

I agree Wotherspoon had a poor game but the formation with no right midfielder leaves him exposed and until the defence decided to panic late on, he looked more comfortable with galbraith helping him out.

it has to be Bamba and Hanlon next week (though it won't) with Murray moved into midfield in front of them (Stevenson at left back, played there at Tynie earlier in season and did not let us down).

Stack

Wotherspoon (nobody else)
Bamba
Hanlon
Stevenson

Galbraith
Miller
Mcbride
Murray

Riordan
Stokes

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Paul hanlon had an excellent game, yes he had a couple of errors,

Very much like Bamba has done since coming back from the ANC, yet he's a bombscare apparently.

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Very much like Bamba has done since coming back from the ANC, yet he's a bombscare apparently.

I am in the 'bamba can do no wrong club' :greengrin so I allow for a couple of errors, just not the continious errors committed by Hogg.

Diclonius
14-03-2010, 12:54 AM

No.

Bayern Bru
14-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Bamba and Hanlon were our centre halfs at St Johnstone...Not sure whether Yogi fancies trying that combo again any time soon!

I'd still like to see Thicot given a chance. As Mr Cabbage says, him and Murray played well against Hearts before at CH. Murray's preferred position is apparently CB as well.

Or of course, stick with Murray at LB, Bamba and Hogg/Hanlon at CH and Thicot at RB leaving Spoon free for the midfield. Thicot played on the right of a back three at Tannadice recently and shored things up.
:dunno:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 01:35 AM

. . . but I bet your 'Bamba' would be 'outstanding if he played . . .:faf:

:bye:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 01:38 AM
QUOTE=MussyHibby;2385943]Nothing to do with Bamba mate.:confused:

outstanding = Hibs performance today just doesn't go.........for any player![/QUOTE]

Dont think so . . . . you love Bamba!

He is the best thing since sliced bread. :faf:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 01:45 AM

He has been known as 'Bombscare' by the Dunfermline fans before he arrived at Easter Road . . . . that was WELL before the recent ANC (?) (?)

. . . . not buying that excuse anymore!

Aldo
14-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Hanlon is our best CH imho

TQM has it spot on IMHO. Hughes was wrong to drop him when BAMBA came
back from the ACON.

He should start on Sat and so should Bamba and Hogg in a back 3.

MussyHibby
14-03-2010, 01:21 PM
QUOTE=MussyHibby;2385943]Nothing to do with Bamba mate.:confused:

Dont think so . . . . you love Bamba!

He is the best thing since sliced bread. :faf:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've got more of a problem with Bamba than I have. I rate him mate, simple as that. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 01:57 PM
He has been known as 'Bombscare' by the Dunfermline fans before he arrived at Easter Road . . . . that was WELL before the recent ANC (?) (?)

. . . . not buying that excuse anymore!

Coilin pish has been known as that since he was at killie, its rhyming slang for players who have names that rhyme. Rank rankin, makalamity. Bamba is our best central defender, before during and after the ANC, imho of course.

Walkerbaws
14-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Put it this way, Bamba makes far too many mistakes to be put in at centre half. If you had him in midfield he would be able to make those mistakes and 9 times out of 10 he would get away with it yet errors cost you dear at the back and we cant afford that right now when we aint scoring enough!

Bamba in midfield imo.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Put it this way, Bamba makes far too many mistakes to be put in at centre half. If you had him in midfield he would be able to make those mistakes and 9 times out of 10 he would get away with it yet errors cost you dear at the back and we cant afford that right now when we aint scoring enough!

Bamba in midfield imo.

Ball played over the top are Bamba's speciallity. His pace and power beat most in the SPL. Both goals conceded yesterday, were bad goals to lose from a central defenders perspective. Where was Hanlon for the 1st goal? Let me tell you, wrong side of his man. And what was Hogg doing for the 2nd? The ball gets played over with Wotherspoon out of position, where's Hogg? Certainly not shuffling over to cover. Yet its Bamba who's the bombscare.

Walkerbaws
14-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Ball played over the top are Bamba's speciallity. His pace and power beat most in the SPL. Both goals conceded yesterday, were bad goals to lose from a central defenders perspective. Where was Hanlon for the 1st goal? Let me tell you, wrong side of his man. And what was Hogg doing for the 2nd? The ball gets played over with Wotherspoon out of position, where's Hogg? Certainly not shuffling over to cover. Yet its Bamba who's the bombscare.

I would defo agree with the fact he's a bombscare at the back. No doubt about it. Bamba's all over the place at centre half he just chases after the ball, wherever it goes! What player scores an own goal, gives away 2 pens and countless amount of other goals in 5 matches, yet still gets given chance after chance after chance!

Do you think its right Smith has been dropped and stacks in? All because he cant control bamba, think it should be the other way about don't u?

SvenNeil
14-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Papers saying today that Rankins substitution was a mistake. When are people going to actually start gettin behind our captain? And in what way is Mcbride rubbish, he and Miller are one the best midfield partnerships in the SPL on their day, yesterday just wasnt one of them.

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 05:11 PM

I think some on here have not got the first clue about football. bamba has been superb for hibs this season and yes he makes mistakes (thats why he is at us at the moment) but every player makes mistakes and what bamba adds far out weighs any errors, he is strong, quick and likes the physical confrontation everything you want in a centre back. he'll end up at a bigger club because his potential is obvious and as yogi said he just lacks a bit of concentration at times that leads to slackness. eleminate the lapses in concentration then he has everything else to play at a far higher level.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I would defo agree with the fact he's a bombscare at the back. No doubt about it. Bamba's all over the place at centre half he just chases after the ball, wherever it goes! What player scores an own goal, gives away 2 pens and countless amount of other goals in 5 matches, yet still gets given chance after chance after chance!

Do you think its right Smith has been dropped and stacks in? All because he cant control bamba, think it should be the other way about don't u?
:faf::faf:

Walkerbaws
14-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I think some on here have not got the first clue about football. bamba has been superb for hibs this season and yes he makes mistakes (thats why he is at us at the moment) but every player makes mistakes and what bamba adds far out weighs any errors, he is strong, quick and likes the physical confrontation everything you want in a centre back. he'll end up at a bigger club because his potential is obvious and as yogi said he just lacks a bit of concentration at times that leads to slackness. eleminate the lapses in concentration then he has everything else to play at a far higher level.

Your right about bamba mate, but surely you can see why he needed to be dropped. If hanlon had played the same as bamba has since coming back would you keep him in the team with the pottential of losing even more goals and possibly games?

500miles
14-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Hanlon didn't have a great game yesterday, at least from a tactical point of view. Hogg was under instruction to keep the line high, and I think Hanlon was a bit reluctant to do so, which left us exposed to Ross County's runners. However, he is a young player, like Wotherspoon, and we as fans have to show, not just them, but the entire team a bit of patience as they develope. We seemed to be further exposed by Rankin's departure, despite the fact he didn't have his best game.

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Free header 1st 5 minutes, they should've scored - PH's man. :agree:

Bamba up for a corner vs St Johnstone, they clear the ball away...instead of charging back down the field, he jogs back...St Johnstone score because Sol's nowhere in sight...

Yer point is what caller?

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 05:24 PM
hanlon made two glaring mistakes yesterday which luckily did not cost us a goal. he lost his attacker and gave him a free header that luckily was straight at Stack then got robbed of the ball that led to murray clearing the ball of the line.

But even with these two mistakes I actually thought he played well and rate him as I rate bamba, highly. what I am getting it is that if the players never made any mistakes they would be playing at a higher level than us.