PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

HibeeUnderwood
13-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Felt he deserved a mention today as one of the better players for the day.

Might help keep the critics quiet for a little while :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
13-03-2010, 05:49 PM
nah no really

MussyHibby
Felt he deserved a mention today as one of the better players for the day.

Might help keep the critics quiet for a little while :agree:

Yeah, my MoM, by default mind. We were sheite!

hibee_girl
:agree: thought he was our best player although it won't satisfy some people going by some posts on here this afternoon :bitchy:

Alex Trager
I'm behind you

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Nish: worst striker at ER in thirty years.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 05:51 PM

:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
13-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm behind you

boo

bighairyfaeleith
13-03-2010, 05:52 PM

possibly a little harsh as we have had some ***** over the years, but he is pretty rank:greengrin

CallumHibs07

Amadou Konte anyone?:greengrin

Alex Trager
boo
Boo you:greengrin

johnrebus
13-03-2010, 05:54 PM

You obviously haven't been to many matches at ER in the last thirty years if you truly believe that.

:bitchy:

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 05:55 PM
You obviously haven't been to many matches at ER in the last thirty years if you truly believe that.

This

13-03-2010, 05:56 PM

Regular since 1972, and he's the worst I've ever seen to get a regular start. He has NOTHING.

500miles
13-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Involved in just about everything we done going forward, yet again, decent ariel battle, won some balls which he was second favourite to, scored, and came close a couple of times. But he'll never be good enough for some people.

The Harp Awakes
13-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Nish, Deek, Hanlon and Stack were ok today. the rest of the team were woeful.

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 06:21 PM
this

loanheadhibby
13-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Thought stack was dodgy 1st half and the nerves spread thru the team.

Does Nish wear slippers when he is playing? Have you ever seen a player on his ass as much as the big fairy?

The amount of times the big red head ran past him to win a header was scary.

and sadly he was probably one of the better performers.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 08:04 PM

You are of course entitled to your opinion but if this is a serious post then it's just ridiculous IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Colin Nish isn't even the worst striker at ER this season, never mind in the past 30 years.

I thought he had a pretty good game today and he was one of the very few who actually got pass marks from me.

We have bigger problems at the moment than Colin Nish - MUCH bigger.

Hibercelona
13-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Amadou Konte anyone?:greengrin

Nish....

A poor mans Konte. :duck:

greenlex
13-03-2010, 08:08 PM
You are of course entitled to your opinion but if this is a serious post then it's just ridiculous IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Colin Nish isn't even the worst striker at ER this season, never mind in the past 30 years.

I thought he had a pretty good game today and he was one of the very few who actually got pass marks from me.

Ooooooooooooohhhh spill the beans then. :greengrin

The Baldmans Comb
13-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Involved in just about everything we done going forward, yet again, decent ariel battle, won some balls which he was second favourite to, scored, and came close a couple of times. But he'll never be good enough for some people.

I'd agree with that and while he is never going to be Drogba he is a decent player to have around the club and played well today. :thumbsup:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:15 PM

Exactly so Nish plays well against Ross County maybe that's his level of football.

I'm_cabbaged
13-03-2010, 08:16 PM

:top marks
Keeper that doesn't come for a ball 1 yard from the line, centre halfs that that get caught twice by the same kind of ball to concede goals, full backs that get caught out of position time and time again, midfielders who can't pass the ball 10 yards..... I could go on and on. :boo hoo:

johnrebus
13-03-2010, 08:17 PM
And what about the others in the team who were pish?

What level of football is theirs?

:dunno:

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 08:17 PM

I rate Nish more highly than Benji, certainly as far as SPL football is concerned.

Perhaps Benji would be better than Nish in various other leagues but as far as Scotland goes, Nish gets my vote.

marinello59
13-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular since 1972, and he's the worst I've ever seen to get a regular start. He has NOTHING.

Regular what since 1972? Nish is a decent SPL level striker........check his stats out.

I'm_cabbaged
13-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Benji, the fastest I've saw him run all season was to grab the ball for the penalty last week, ****ing imposter.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:23 PM
And what about the others in the team who were pish?

What level of football is theirs?

:dunno:

They all need a kick up the arse mate there is no disputing that, but time and time again Nish has been a total waste of a jersey he has been give loads of chances and never took it, best all round if we get shot of him Rankin & Hogg.

Benji is a far better player than Nish and he gives us more threat.

I'm_cabbaged
13-03-2010, 08:27 PM
They all need a kick up the arse mate there is no disputing that, but time and time again Nish has been a total waste of a jersey he has been give loads of chances and never took it, best all round if we get shot of him Rankin & Hogg.

Benji is a far better player than Nish and he gives us more threat.

You on the wind up? Cannae believe any **** that rates that lazy git.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:31 PM
You on the wind up? Cannae believe any **** that rates that lazy git.

You honestly saying Nish is better :faf:

madabouthibs
13-03-2010, 08:32 PM

I agree with this. Lots. :agree:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree with this. Lots. :agree:

Tell me what Striker is worse than Nish...Stokes, Riordan, Benji :bye:

marinello59
13-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Benji might be more naturally gifted but Nish has contributed much more than him this season.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Benji might be more naturally gifted but Nish has contributed much more than him this season.

Sorry mate but Nish has arsed about more than what he has contributed in games, terrible first touch , cant jump, falls on his arse, gets sent off, makes stupid and needless tackles.

I'm_cabbaged
13-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Well, aye. Roll aboot laughing at a plum smiley.

crash
13-03-2010, 08:39 PM

I'm afraid that sums up how low the standards/expectations have become if you rate that as a good performance.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Well, aye. Roll aboot laughing at a plum smiley.

Just my opinion mate how that clown made it as a professional footballer i will never know.

madabouthibs
13-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Tell me what Striker is worse than Nish...Stokes, Riordan, Benji :bye:

Well, I rate strikers on goals scored in a game, and today Nish scored a tad more than Benji and Stokes.... so err..... :bye:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Spot on. Bring back Hurtado ........ NOT

Nishy was good today

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Stokes contributed very little today but Benji contributed even less. The guy is not interested but like some other players has his fans on this board. What saddens me is the apparent inability or maybe it's just reluctance to acknowledge that Nish had a good shift today.

Broken Gnome
13-03-2010, 08:46 PM
If you were to isolate every involvement Colin Nish had in today's game, or any game for that matter, I'd wager you'd think he should have done better around 75% of the time.

At the same time he gets his goal, and as Hughes says we look a (slightly) steadier side when he's there. I don't deny he contributes something, and many are over the top in their criticism, it's just unbelievably difficult to look at a lot of his actions during a game and not wonder what the hell he's playing at....

Before anyone says that's over the top criticism as well, it's just trying to summise the fairly obvious reasons why he gets so much grief. Unfair or otherwise.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, I rate strikers on goals scored in a game, and today Nish scored a tad more than Benji and Stokes.... so err..... :bye:

Top Scorers
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/tbl_spc.gif Clydesdale Bank Premier League Top Scorers
Team
TOT
BoydRangers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/default.stm)21StokesHibernian (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/default.stm)16MillerRangers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/default.stm)14JutkiewiczMotherwell (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/default.stm)10RiordanHibernian (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/default.stm)9SamarasCeltic (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/default.stm)9FortuneCeltic (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/default.stm)8CraigSt Johnstone (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/default.stm)7DalyDundee Utd (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/default.stm)7KyleKilmarnock (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/default.stm)7SuttonMotherwell (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/default.stm)7WhittakerRangers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/default.stm)7Damian CasalinuovoDundee Utd (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/default.stm)6GoodwillieDundee Utd (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/default.stm)6MacDonaldSt Johnstone (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/default.stm)6http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/tbl_spc.gif
League goals only. Totals can include goals scored for other teams.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/cccccc.gif
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifWhere's Nish...:rolleyes:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Stokes contributed very little today but Benji contributed even less. The guy is not interested but like some other players has his fans on this board. What saddens me is the apparent inability or maybe it's just reluctance to acknowledge that Nish had a good shift today.

Not talking about today mate i am talking since the start of the season.

Spot on. Bring back Hurtado ........ NOT

Nishy was good today

Hurtado was never a regular starter, much like Konte and other guys that never made the grade. Nish is the worst I've seen in three decades that gets a regular game. Bloody awful at everything, but he's a big honest boy...great attitude.

marinello59
Not talking about today mate i am talking since the start of the season.

So how do you think he did today?

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:52 PM
So how do you think he did today?

A game against Ross County...as i said mate he's found his level of football

madabouthibs
13-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I think a lot more is expected of Nish because he's a big guy. I'd be first to admit that he's on his arse a bit too much for a guy his size, but the critisism he gets on here and at the game is ridiculous. There was guys in the FF today shouting abuse at him during the first minute FFS!
Slightly off topic, but is David Spoony ****ging someone elses missus? I'm sure her husband was in the FF today..... :grr:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Every Hibs player that got on the park was playing against Ross County today and a few were worse than Nish so is that their level too?

johnrebus
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Hurtado was never a regular starter, much like Konte and other guys that never made the grade. Nish is the worst I've seen in three decades that gets a regular game. Bloody awful at everything, but he's a big honest boy...great attitude.

Your plain dislike for the guy is becoming obsessive.

Please tell.

Did big Nishy **** yer burd ?

:I'm waiti

marinello59
13-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Please tell.

If he had I am sure Hibernating would have been booing him from the sidelines and telling him where he was going wrong.:greengrin

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Every Hibs player that got on the park was playing against Ross County today and a few were worse than Nish so is that their level too?

Nice spin Johnny, Nish has been the worst player at Hibs by far overall.
other players that were disapointing today have it in their locker to turn their form arround can the same be said with Nish.

Gatecrasher
13-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Big nish played well today, much better than most

but what on earth was he doing to the ref before the second half kicked off??

SalfordHibs

Please tell.

No he couldn't find the hole :wink:

Jonnyboy
Nice spin Johnny, Nish has been the worst player at Hibs by far overall.
other players that were disapointing today have it in their locker to turn their form arround can the same be said with Nish.

Then we'll agree to differ :wink:

In your opinion does Hogg have the 'ability to turn it round'?

marinello59

We drew, looks like the whole team found their level then.:bitchy:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:01 PM
We drew, looks like the whole team found their level then.:bitchy:

Nish had a good game today...against Ross County, do you here Nish had a good game against Dundee United, Rangers, Celtic etc no wonder why eh.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Then we'll agree to differ :wink:

In your opinion does Hogg have the 'ability to turn it round'?

Hogg is shocking and should never be captain.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Hogg is shocking and should never be captain.

OK, which Hibs players escape your criticism? I don't just mean today either

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:12 PM
OK, which Hibs players escape your criticism? I don't just mean today either

Riordan, Stokes, Zouma, Miller, Smith, Wotherspoon, McBride, Stack, Hanlon, Bamba, Murray (Captin imho)

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Riordan, Stokes, Zouma, Miller, Smith, Wotherspoon, McBride, Stack, Hanlon, Bamba, Murray (Captin imho)

Can't disagree there although in fairness young Spoony had a bit of an off day today

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Nish had a good game today...against Ross County, do you here Nish had a good game against Dundee United, Rangers, Celtic etc no wonder why eh.

Nish scored two goals (one of which was an absolute cracker) up at Tannadice at the end of last season.

Nish is suspended for the derby next week and I think we'll miss him.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Nish scored two goals (one of which was an absolute cracker) up at Tannadice at the end of last season.

Talking about this season, blessing he aint playing might keep 11 players on the pitch.

hibee_girl
13-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Talking about this season, blessing he aint playing might keep 11 players on the pitch.

So Nish has only been awful this season?

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:20 PM

In our strikers position, yes.

madabouthibs
13-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Why of course, and his scoring record was awful at Killie too, which is why we signed him.... :wink:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:22 PM
In our strikers position, yes.

Well that's one up on the poster who offers the thought that Nish is the worst striker he's seen in a Hibs jersey for 30 years. Fancy responding to him? :greengrin

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Why of course, and his scoring record was awful at Killie too, which is why we signed him.... :wink:

Pitty he cant make the step up with Hibs though eh

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Well that's one up on the poster who offers the thought that Nish is the worst striker he's seen in a Hibs jersey for 30 years. Fancy responding to him? :greengrin

He has a point.

marinello59
13-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Pitty he cant make the step up with Hibs though eh

Step up? That's the sort of pish the Infirm fans come out with when they sign another SPL player.

13-03-2010, 09:25 PM

The jambo's will defo miss the big soft lump.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Step up? That's the sort of pish the Infirm fans come out with when they sign another SPL player.

So you are putting Hibs on a par with Killie :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM
He has a point.

Hang on. You said it was only this season Nish had failed to impress you :confused:

In any event if anyone thinks the following selection of 'strikers' were better than Nish they should stop watching Hibs.

Konte
Hurtado
Power
Tosh
Houchen

Need I go on? :wink:

marinello59
13-03-2010, 09:32 PM
So you are putting Hibs on a par with Killie :bitchy:

Where do you put Hibs in relation to Killie..............and Hibs in relation to Celtic or Rangers. You made the step up comment.........I thought we all played in the SPL so tell me what you mean by 'step up'

bighairyfaeleith
13-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Nish might be a tryer, but is that enough

He still falls over too much, still can't control the ball well, still can't jump and struglles to head the ball.

But hey ho he is a hibby so should just accept him and get on with it.

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Where do you put Hibs in relation to Killie..............and Hibs in relation to Celtic or Rangers. You made the step up comment.........I thought we all played in the SPL so tell me what you mean by 'step up'

Outside of the old firm Hibs are the best run club, better training complex, financially better, Hibs have better players than Killie. Hibs is a step up to Killie mate.

madabouthibs
13-03-2010, 09:39 PM
So who do we play up front?
Deeks Stokes?
Benji Deeks?
Benji Stokes?
Hogg Nish??? :greengrin

I've never seen Nish hiding during games, big honest tryer IMHO, which is more than can be said for a few other huffy puffy under achievers we have. Does that Benji chancer still fancy his chances at Real Madrid? :faf:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:48 PM
So who do we play up front?
Deeks Stokes?
Benji Deeks?
Benji Stokes?
Hogg Nish??? :greengrin

I've never seen Nish hiding during games, big honest tryer IMHO, which is more than can be said for a few other huffy puffy under achievers we have. Does that Benji chancer still fancy his chances at Real Madrid? :faf:

Trys to hard to fall on his arse, trys hard to put in needless and stupid tackles, trys hard not to jump...Need i go on.

marinello59
13-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Outside of the old firm Hibs are the best run club, better training complex, financially better, Hibs have better players than Killie. Hibs is a step up to Killie mate.

And compared to the Old Firm? Would one of our SPL players moving to another SPL club like Rangers or Celtic represent them taking a step up in playing level?

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 09:53 PM
And compared to the Old Firm? Would one of our SPL players moving to another SPL club like Rangers or Celtic represent them taking a step up in playing level?

The table never lies and it's always been a two horse race, they are miles a head of us on a playing level, not so much financial.

tooley
13-03-2010, 09:57 PM

What a lot of f@~*ing SHIOTE, I am Nish's biggest critic and I think the boy put more into today than any other player.Worst player in thirty years? KONTE, DONALDSON, THE TANK, don't talk a lot o ****in shiote! :grr:

marinello59
13-03-2010, 09:58 PM
The table never lies and it's always been a two horse race, they are miles a head of us on a playing level, not so much financial.

So Scott Brown is playing at a higher level now than he was at ER? He still look like an SPL player to me.:confused:

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 10:00 PM
So Scott Brown is playing at a higher level now than he was at ER? He still look like an SPL player to me.:confused:

Yes Celtic are on a higher level.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes Celtic are on a higher level.

One of Scottish football's baffling falacies. He played for Hibs against St Mirren, Killie, Utd etc and now he plays for Celtic against St Mirren, Killie, Utd etc so how exactly is he playing at a higher level?

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 10:04 PM
One of Scottish football's baffling falacies. He played for Hibs against St Mirren, Killie, Utd etc and now he plays for Celtic against St Mirren, Killie, Utd etc so how exactly is he playing at a higher level?

Eh Celtic being a bigger club than Hibs.

tooley
13-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I think a lot more is expected of Nish because he's a big guy. I'd be first to admit that he's on his arse a bit too much for a guy his size, but the critisism he gets on here and at the game is ridiculous. There was guys in the FF today shouting abuse at him during the first minute FFS!
Slightly off topic, but is David Spoony ****ging someone elses missus? I'm sure her husband was in the FF today..... :grr:

Mrs Hughes Hubby???

tooley
13-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Mrs Hughes Hubby???

How else is he getting a game every week?
The boy needs a rest:grr:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Eh Celtic being a bigger club than Hibs.

That's not the point though is it? If Man Utd who are also a bigger club than Hibs were in the SPL and Hibs sold a player to them that player would still be playing at the same level - SPL. Players like Katie and Broony showed total lack of ambition by attaching themselves to a bigger fish in the same pond. If they truly wanted to test themselves at a higher level they should have gone south

SalfordHibs
13-03-2010, 10:12 PM
That's not the point though is it? If Man Utd who are also a bigger club than Hibs were in the SPL and Hibs sold a player to them that player would still be playing at the same level - SPL. Players like Katie and Broony showed total lack of ambition by attaching themselves to a bigger fish in the same pond. If they truly wanted to test themselves at a higher level they should have gone south

Not disagreeing with you mate but they are where they are, although i hate to admit it we could do with them in our midfield now

Miller Brown Katie and Zouma...that would do nicely.

13-03-2010, 10:24 PM
What a lot of f@~*ing SHIOTE, I am Nish's biggest critic and I think the boy put more into today than any other player.Worst player in thirty years? KONTE, DONALDSON, THE TANK, don't talk a lot o ****in shiote! :grr:

For the last time, I said REGULAR starter. And for that Nish takes :top marks1st prize.

Ray_
13-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Nope, not at all, but he is awful every season. :devil:

bubblesmorrison
14-03-2010, 06:26 PM
right nish clear as day is better than benji just look at the stats this season hibs fans are daft like most teams the need someon to moan at. it was john rankin for a bit this season then he started to play decent so now nish seems to get most of the balme now. sick of hearing people slate nish as i said to the boy next to me he may not be the most gifted player in the world but ask spl player who they would least wanna play against nish or benji and i bet 99% of them would say nish.

Judas Iscariot
14-03-2010, 06:41 PM

So we could afford to pay loan signing 65k a week :confused:

Hibs90
14-03-2010, 06:50 PM
For the last time, I said REGULAR starter. And for that Nish takes :top marks1st prize.

Just go back to kickback and talk about your fantastic result against motherwell already.

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:00 PM
right nish clear as day is better than benji just look at the stats this season hibs fans are daft like most teams the need someon to moan at. it was john rankin for a bit this season then he started to play decent so now nish seems to get most of the balme now. sick of hearing people slate nish as i said to the boy next to me he may not be the most gifted player in the world but ask spl player who they would least wanna play against nish or benji and i bet 99% of them would say nish.

Deary me we have another one :bye:

Hibs90
14-03-2010, 07:02 PM

He/She is right though.

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:04 PM
He/She is right though.

Sorry mate Benji is more a threat than Nish is any day of the week :agree:

marinello59
14-03-2010, 07:06 PM

A logical well thought out argument

would be nice.:agree:

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I thought i done that last night mate :dunno: did i not...

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Then why did Collins target Nish when Benji was already there? Why did Mixu use him and let Benji away? Why is Hughes more likely to play Nish? And why do other SPL managers want to sign Nish, with plenty of time left on his contract, and not Benji, who would be more easily available?

Benji may be able to produce a higher standard than Nish, but Nish will produce better than Benji more consistantly. I had some diddy sitting next to me yesterday, who slated Nish from his first touch, and I took great joy in making loud, sarky comments to my mate regarding how Nish "wasn't good enough" every time he made a pass that released a player, or when he scored, or when he won the aeriel battles. The guy clearly heard me, and was seething - although to be fair, it must have been quite annoying, because i was doing it fairly regularly, such was Nish's performance for long periods.

Benji done more in the final against pish i mean Nish :wink: 's old team Killie than what Nish has done at Hibs full stop.

500miles
14-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Benji done more in the final against pish i mean Nish :wink: 's old team Killie than what Nish has done at Hibs full stop.

I've taken down that post, simply due to the fact that I could see this sort of stupid arguement coming.

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I've taken down that post, simply due to the fact that I could see this sort of stupid arguement coming.

Just opinions mate :thumbsup:

hibbybrian
14-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Hang on. You said it was only this season Nish had failed to impress you :confused:

In any event if anyone thinks the following selection of 'strikers' were better than Nish they should stop watching Hibs.

Konte
Hurtado
Power
Tosh
Houchen

Need I go on? :wink:

You've obviously been trying hard to forget about

Joe Ward
Jim Blair
Ally Scott
Jim McKay
Bobby Hutchison
Bobby Torrance
Derek Rodier
Danny Fellinger

MSK
14-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Joe Ward
Jim Blair
Ally Scott
Jim McKay
Bobby Hutchison
Bobby Torrance
Derek Rodier
Danny Fellinger
:greengrinDavid's Brother ..:greengrin

brydekirk
14-03-2010, 07:39 PM
sorry mate, but we need goals not threats on goal. :agree:

Penrith Hibee
14-03-2010, 07:39 PM

Joe Ward
Jim Blair
Ally Scott
Jim McKay
Bobby Hutchison
Bobby Torrance
Derek Rodier
Danny Fellinger

What was wrong with Derek R? I missed his period at Hibs but played with/against him at school.

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Benji everytime then mate, if you had Nish & Benji with the same one on one goal chances Benji would score alot more.

Allant1981
14-03-2010, 07:49 PM
As much as i want nish to be a good player he simply isnt good enough IMO to be starting every week. TBH i dont think i would even have him in my squad and there are much better strikers in the SPL who hibs could bring in in the summer. But as long as he is playing i will support him. But as someone else mentioned we have problems in other area's of the park ie right back and hopefully that position can be sorted out in the summer before we even think about strikers coming or going

SalfordHibs
14-03-2010, 07:51 PM
As much as i want nish to be a good player he simply isnt good enough IMO to be starting every week. TBH i dont think i would even have him in my squad and there are much better strikers in the SPL who hibs could bring in in the summer. But as long as he is playing i will support him. But as someone else mentioned we have problems in other area's of the park ie right back and hopefully that position can be sorted out in the summer before we even think about strikers coming or going

Bring Byrne back send Nish packing it wont cost us anything, your spot on a right back is a must and a gritty midfielder possibly another centre half.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Nish makes a big difference, he benefits the whole team when he is playing, the stats show this.:agree:

Jonnyboy
14-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Should be more of a threat but isn't at this moment.

As I said elsewhere re the Ross County game, Stokes did very little but Benji, who replaced him, did even less.

I've no idea why Benji has lost it but he has whereas Nishy never had Benji's close control but still offers more to the team at this time than Benji does

RIP
15-03-2010, 08:37 AM
One think the Nish-hating numpties are refusing to see is the progress the big man is making under Yogi.

Under Mixu, Nish was a baldy, skinny dreep. In less than a year he's put on a stone, bulked up muscle in the gym, yet gained a couple of yards of pace.

He works like a Trojan and has much more agression than last season. All this to add to a deftness of touch that belies his tall frame

Give Yogi another close season with Colin Nish and you will see a stronger, faster, fitter Nish leading the line in 2010/2011.

Dashing Bob S
15-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Love him or loathe him, he's done enough to merit his own fan website.

hibbybrian
15-03-2010, 09:45 AM
David's Brother ..:greengrin

nah - I was getting hin mixed up with Danny Lemon :greengrin

hibbybrian
15-03-2010, 09:50 AM
What was wrong with Derek R? I missed his period at Hibs but played with/against him at school.

Derek was a good wee player however in his 8 years with Hibs, Dunfermline & Berwick he had 81 League starts & 26 sub appearances - but only scored 4 League goals :wink:

SalfordHibs
15-03-2010, 11:28 AM
One think the Nish-hating numpties are refusing to see is the progress the big man is making under Yogi.

Under Mixu, Nish was a baldy, skinny dreep. In less than a year he's put on a stone, bulked up muscle in the gym, yet gained a couple of yards of pace.

He works like a Trojan and has much more agression than last season. All this to add to a deftness of touch that belies his tall frame

Give Yogi another close season with Colin Nish and you will see a stronger, faster, fitter Nish leading the line in 2010/2011.

Progress...the man is a total waste of a jersey IMHO

our strongest 11 to play against the Yams should be and beyond IMO.

Smith

Bamba Hanlon Murray

Thicot

Wotherspoon Miller McBride Galbraith

Riordan Stokes

Subs
Benji
Zouma
Stevenson
McCormack
Stack