PDA

View Full Version : Will the replay be on TV

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Assuming rangers go through tomorrow then maybe BBC scotland will think there is a chance of an upset and show it live on tele. Would seem sensible considering its unlikely many of us will go up to dingwall.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2010, 05:37 PM
If it's on TV it'll be SKY. Likely if tomorrows game is not a draw.

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 05:38 PM
sfa should not allow that...we are ruining the game as a spectator in stadium event

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 05:41 PM
sfa should not allow that...we are ruining the game as a spectator in stadium event
When you consider the time and place, you'd surely accept it on the tele

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 05:51 PM
When you consider the time and place, you'd surely accept it on the tele

nope - tv should be restricted to matches where there WILL be sell outs..its killing the game along with entrance pricing not encouraging adhoc attendance

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 06:12 PM
nope - tv should be restricted to matches where there WILL be sell outs..its killing the game along with entrance pricing not encouraging adhoc attendance

what about the ones who cant afford to travel, or healthwise are unable to travel, or work prevents them from travelling..................TV on tele has its problems, but not on this occassion.

DavieRoy
13-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Sky get one replay per round (BBC don't get a replay live, only highlights), so unless Rangers v Dundee United is a draw tomorrow then the Hibs game will be live.

Mag7
13-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Assuming rangers go through tomorrow then maybe BBC scotland will think there is a chance of an upset and show it live on tele. Would seem sensible considering its unlikely many of us will go up to dingwall.

Jeez, we'll need all the support we can get up there. The last thing we need is for it to be on TV and wipe out what little support we will take.

I'm sure the knowledge that the fans are right behind the team from the comfort of their armchairs will really spur them on :-(

lucky
13-03-2010, 07:32 PM

You have missed the most important thing that's ruining the game --***** players

Cameron1875
13-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Jeez, we'll need all the support we can get up there. The last thing we need is for it to be on TV and wipe out what little support we will take.

I'm sure the knowledge that the fans are right behind the team from the comfort of their armchairs will really spur them on :-(

Obviously some fans will go up which is great but considering i would get home earliest 2.30am then got to be up at 7 i might not be able to make this one. That utter garbage out there would be lucky to get 150 fans going up so i dont think TV coverage would have much of an effect on the amount of fans that go up anyway. The diehards will go regardless.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Obviously some fans will go up which is great but considering i would get home earliest 2.30am then got to be up at 7 i might not be able to make this one. That utter garbage out there would be lucky to get 150 fans going up so i dont think TV coverage would have much of an effect on the amount of fans that go up anyway. The diehards will go regardless.

:agree: I really don't think it will make much difference if the game gets shown on TV. The vast majority of the people who are already seriously considering going up for the game will still go even if Sky decides to show it. There will probably only be around 200 Hibs fans up there.

People will have to go to great lengths in order to make this match and those that do go will live locally, be unemployed or will decide to take the day off school/work in order to get there.

If you work a 9-5 day in Edinburgh, there is absolutely no way that you will make it to Dingwall for a 7:45pm kick off, it's just not humanly possible and if you leave your work early to get there on time and the game goes to extra time/penalties, you might not get home until after 1am and then you would need to be up a few hours later to go to work.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:32 PM

It will be a sell out, on TV or not dts. Ground holds around 6,000 and I reckon it will be full.

Agree in general re your point though :agree:

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:36 PM
It will be a sell out, on TV or not dts. Ground holds around 6,000 and I reckon it will be full.

...and representing HIbernian....250-400 die hards/ nutters/holiday makers with a caravan at 'Granny's Hieland Hame' at the best.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:47 PM
...and representing HIbernian....250-400 die hards/ nutters/holiday makers with a caravan at 'Granny's Hieland Hame' at the best.:greengrin

Indeed :greengrin

I agree in general with dts about too much footie on the telly affecting attendances but given the distance involved and the fact it's midweek I cannae really see what negative effect would arise from televising the replay

Antifa Hibs
13-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this. Chance to stand on a terrace, cheap(ish) tickets, old-fashioned ground, long journey (perfect oppurunity for a decent bevvy). Fitba at its finest. :agree:

Always get a good laugh when people think the likes of Dingwall, Aberdeen, Inverness etc are at the other end of the world, wonder how ye's would cope if in Italy or Germany when the average away trip is probably about a 600 mile round trip!

monktonharp
13-03-2010, 11:24 PM
...and representing HIbernian....250-400 die hards/ nutters/holiday makers with a caravan at 'Granny's Hieland Hame' at the best.:greengrinyou seem to be poking fun at any Hibs fan that could want to watch their team in an important QF replay. will they just plain daft to go?

Pete
13-03-2010, 11:26 PM
What's a "tele"?

Is it text speak for telly?

Gala Foxes
14-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm actually looking forward to this. Chance to stand on a terrace, cheap(ish) tickets, old-fashioned ground, long journey (perfect oppurunity for a decent bevvy). Fitba at its finest. :agree:

Always get a good laugh when people think the likes of Dingwall, Aberdeen, Inverness etc are at the other end of the world, wonder how ye's would cope if in Italy or Germany when the average away trip is probably about a 600 mile round trip!

Totally agree - I have driven from Edinburgh to Watford and back in one day to see Leicester City so a drive to Dingwall is a scoosh. Supporters in the English leagues do these distances every second week : Barnsley at Plymouth etc

Judas Iscariot
14-03-2010, 09:03 AM

How about they make the ****in effort on the pitch to spur us on to start with

Hermit Crab
14-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Jackpot :top marks

Hibbyradge
14-03-2010, 12:44 PM
What's a "tele"?

Is it text speak for telly?

It's shorthand for TV. :wink:

Ryan91
14-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Sorry to dissapoint, but you'll be sitting in the main stand, seated, if the support we take up is large enough, you may be able to stand on the terracing, I doubt it though, Source is wikipedia, read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Park,_Dingwall)

Lmc2105
14-03-2010, 02:00 PM
not anymore that game just put it on the tv Utd Deserved it though!!

Part/Time Supporter
14-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Sorry to dissapoint, but you'll be sitting in the main stand, seated, if the support we take up is large enough, you may be able to stand on the terracing, I doubt it though, Source is wikipedia, read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Park,_Dingwall)

Hibs will be given the terracing. They only put teams that take max. 200 fans in the main stand. Even most reasonably sized SFL1 teams are given the terracing.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Regardless of whether it was going to be on TV or not i was going to go anyway, but i'm asuming they'll show the Rangers game now.