PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes from Yogi from todays game (merged)

Gus Fring
13-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I was sat RIGHT behind the dugout today and could hear almost every word heres a couple that stuck.

To the bench "None of you lot have got any balls, team full of ***** who wont challenge"

To stokes "You better get used to sitting on that bench cos i've got a funny feeling you'll be there more often" Stokes said something back i didnt hear and Yogi shouted "Just ****ing try me!"

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you think he was angry?

hibee_girl
13-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I was sat RIGHT behind the dugout today and could hear almost every word heres a couple that stuck.

To the bench "None of you lot have got any balls, team full of ***** who wont challenge"

To stokes "You better get used to sitting on that bench cos i've got a funny feeling you'll be there more often" Stokes said something back i didnt hear and Yogi shouted "Just ****ing try me!"

He's right about that

Phil D. Rolls
13-03-2010, 05:17 PM

A sure way to lose the dressing room.

shamo9
13-03-2010, 05:17 PM
If he's this exacerbated by the regulars, why isn't he giving guys like Thicot, Galbraith, McCormack, Cregg and Stevenson a regular game? Hell, play some of the younglings like Bryne.

DaveF
13-03-2010, 05:21 PM
If he's this exacerbated by the regulars, why isn't he giving guys like Thicot, Galbraith, McCormack, Cregg and Stevenson a regular game? Hell, play some of the younglings like Bryne.

Good shout.

It's not as if today was a one of.

The lack of fight at HFC has been apparent for ages.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 05:34 PM

To the bench " None of you lot have got any balls, team full of ***** who wont challenge"

Completely correct:agree:

Liam89
13-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope yogi knows what he's doing. Surely the players will lose faith in him if he's bawling like that.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I hope yogi knows what he's doing. Surely the players will lose faith in him if he's bawling like that.

Wouldn't think so - footballers grow up with that sort of stuff and will be more than used to it.

Phil D. Rolls
13-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Wouldn't think so - footballers grow up with that sort of stuff and will be more than used to it.

I hope so, because I get the impression that there a few sensitive souls in that team. Don't forget how upset our players were with John Collins for hurting their feelings.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I hope so, because I get the impression that there a few sensitive souls in that team. Don't forget how upset our players were with John Collins for hurting their feelings.

There was more to it than that with Collins. The 'backlash' he faced came about because he wanted them to deal with something other than what they'd been brought up with.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 05:50 PM

:agree: And next season we will see quite a lot moved on, and replaced with players who are up for a fight.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 05:52 PM
:agree: And next season we will see quite a lot moved on, and replaced with players who are up for a fight.

I hope so.

For me, there's two categories that Yogi needs to deal with - the ones who work very, very hard but aren't technically good enough to make that hard work effective; and the ones who are good enough but don't put in the effort.

I'm not going to single folk out, but if Yogi can go some way to addressing that, then we're laughing.

TornadoHibby
13-03-2010, 05:54 PM

Ross County gave every one of our players a lesson in how to fight for every ball as if it meant something personally to each and every one of them! :agree:

How they never actually won the game is beyond me because they deserved to based upon their second half effort alone IMO! :grr:

silverhibee
13-03-2010, 05:54 PM

:agree::agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Ross County gave every one of our players a lesson in how to fight for every ball as if it meant something personally to each and every one of them! :agree:

How they never actually won the game is beyond me because they deserved to based upon their second half effort alone IMO! :grr:

Not there today, but still in the hat,:worried: and hopefully we will do better in the highlands. We certainly got lucky today, according to everyone there. Hopefully its the kick up the arse we needed.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Not there today, but still in the hat,:worried: and hopefully we will do better in the highlands. We certainly got lucky today, according to everyone there. Hopefully its the kick up the arse we needed.

Been saying that for six weeks now. Ross County could have won 4-2 and we couldn't have complained. We were never in it in the second half.

loanheadhibby
13-03-2010, 06:31 PM

My worry is that we are no exactly great travellers to the highlands!!

oconnors_strip
13-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Hell, play some of the younglings like Bryne.

:agree: exactly! im sure welsh would give more fight in that midfield than the whole entire team!

think yogi's quotes some him up as a manager:grr:

PC Stamp
13-03-2010, 06:53 PM
:agree: exactly! im sure welsh would give more fight in that midfield than the whole entire team!

think yogi's quotes some him up as a manager:grr:

He might if he was fit to play! If Sean didnae have bad luck he'd have nae luck! :wink:

oconnors_strip
13-03-2010, 06:56 PM
He might if he was fit to play! If Sean didnae have bad luck he'd have nae luck! :wink:

i know sean isnt up to full match fitness but to be honest i think an unfit welshy would contribute more.

if only the reserve league was still there, he and many of the other fringe players could be match fit and show yogi what they can do

Reaper
13-03-2010, 07:00 PM

He ****ing signed him

Hibs On Tour
13-03-2010, 07:05 PM
My worry is that we are no exactly great travellers to the highlands!!

U19's won 8-0 up there on way to Cup win last year! :greengrin

vahibbie
13-03-2010, 07:06 PM
There was more to it than that with Collins. The 'backlash' he faced came about because he wanted them to deal with something other than what they'd been brought up with.

Eh, is Yogi not trying to change the whole mentality at ER?
He preaches it every week in his interviews. I think he's wanting just as much as JC was asking from them.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Eh, is Yogi not trying to change the whole mentality at ER?
He preaches it every week in his interviews. I think he's wanting just as much as JC was asking from them.

:agree: Absolutely, he is - you've missed the point I was making, though.

Dunbar Hibee
13-03-2010, 07:37 PM
On another note is the draw tomorrow i take it?

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2010, 07:38 PM
On another note is the draw tomorrow i take it?

Monday 1015.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Do we want to hear Yogi talking up today or being brutally honest?

Is it right to hear him ripping them or should that be left in the dressing room?

Thoughts guys?

God Petrie
13-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Why have a go at Stokes? He gets no service whatsoever with the 4-3-3 setup.

greenlex
13-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Nothing wrong with honest as long as he is not publicly namimg names. That is for the dressing room.
I couldnt bear to go back to mixuesque type interviews where the manager was obviously watching a different game from nearly everyone else.

NOLA
13-03-2010, 08:17 PM

It's up to the players to grow some backbone and stand up and be counted, if they can't then they'll be out the door.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 08:19 PM
i know sean isnt up to full match fitness but to be honest i think an unfit welshy would contribute more.

i

I despair at times. You are just wrong on so many levels, do you realise what you have typed?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Do we want to hear Yogi talking up today or being brutally honest?

Is it right to hear him ripping them or should that be left in the dressing room?

Thoughts guys?

He can rip into them as much as he likes for me. If they sulk and go into their shells, then they can **** off, and Yogi can get men in who will stand up and fight for the club.

carnoustiehibee
13-03-2010, 08:21 PM
i wouldnt blame stokes, hes lost up there on his own,no service and no help.

yogi had ross county watched 5 times and what did he change from any other game? not a thing.

its starting to be the same performance and same "the guys work hard" interview every week.bored.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 08:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8566406.stm

ok interview :blah: however, understandably wants to stay positive. However he says "players aren't too disappointed"! Eh? :bitchy:

zlatan
13-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I despair at times. You are just wrong on so many levels, do you realise what you have typed?:confused:

:hilarious

brydekirk
13-03-2010, 08:32 PM
were u happy with that performance ? they need a good kick up the ass, men win football matches, not pampered laddies.:agree:

Eaststand
13-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Yogi has taken us forward from where we were over the last few seasons, and although the show's hit a bad patch over the last few weeks, maybe that's what most teams have to suffer at times.
We all know that we've got a few in the squad who aint good enough, and hopefully Yogi knows who they are, and they don't get new contracts and just get moved on as soon as another club shows some interest in them. Time is what that process takes and we need time to get the team we want and deserve. Hopefully this summer will see a few more being shown the exit door, including 2 of our keepers, and then we can bring in replacements, especially a couple of experienced players who know how to tackle

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 08:33 PM
:hilarious

Its just the usual over the top *****, you have to read on here, whenever we don't win. The lads injured, never even played a game in senior football, yet he would contribute more than a fit regular player. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Yogi has taken us forward from where we were over the last few seasons, and although the show's hit a bad patch over the last few weeks, maybe that's what most teams have to suffer at times.
We all know that we've got a few in the squad who aint good enough, and hopefully Yogi knows who they are, and they don't get new contracts and just get moved on as soon as another club shows some interest in them. Time is what that process takes and we need time to get the team we want and deserve. Hopefully this summer will see a few more being shown the exit door, including 2 of our keepers, and then we can bring in replacements, especially a couple of experienced players who know how to tackle

Dont agree about 2 keepers, flynn on loan somewhere, and Maka for sure, but the rest of your post gets a :top marks. :agree:

IWasThere2016
13-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Yup - tactics are mince.

Toaods
13-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Yup - tactics are mince.

:agree:

almost every ball to Stokes was overhit and about 10 foot in the air.

So he got berated and subbed. Logic? nope.

Eaststand
13-03-2010, 08:46 PM
We're not a wealthy club but we're paying 5 salaries for a single position in the team, thats financial madness, and means we have less in the wage kitty to fund much needed outfield players.
Most clubs have 2 experienced keepers and a youngster as backup on their books ....why do we seem to want to cover that position so differently ?

We need height and presence in our team, and we need them asap
I reckon the Scandic / Nordic market, where 6 foot 6 defenders are common is worth a serious scouting trip (2.1metres for anyone who reads metric :-)

fatbloke
13-03-2010, 08:49 PM

You assume that he has the dressing room. I am now into my 50th year of watching Hibs and this afternoon made me think of a bunch of players who are trying - trying to get the manager the bl00dy sack. Today and for a long time we have been no better than when Mixu was in charge - actually worse if you add in the belief that we have better players now than then.

I know the cup is just about getting through but today we did not even manage that.

Just to say there are times when I hate the fact that I am a Hibby, today sadly is one. I spoke to a Jim Gardner who I have known for about 45 years and between us we have 100 years of watching our beloved club, today however all we could muster was no direction, no fight no nothing.

Sad but true!!!!

Sad but true

BS44
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM

I would have thought getting gubbed at Perth would have been the kick up the arse we needed. Obviously not.

1875 NO 1
13-03-2010, 08:56 PM

he signed cregg, miller and mcbride. No pyhisical prescence and can't tackle. And never plays cregg.

Yogi's got no brains.

fatbloke
13-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I would have thought getting gubbed at Perth would have been the kick up the arse we needed. Obviously not.

I think grievous bodily harm or assault to endangerment to life might be needed.

BEEJ
14-03-2010, 12:06 AM
My sentiments exactly. :agree:

But it's the management team that have to shoulder 90% of the blame. The formations / tactics are naive (to put it politely) and that is undermining player performances all over the park.

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 02:12 AM

:top marks

Completely shocked if true!

. . . this could be our problem (?)

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Nothing wrong with honest as long as he is not publicly namimg names. That is for the dressing room.
I couldnt bear to go back to mixuesque type interviews where the manager was obviously watching a different game from nearly everyone else.

Have we moved on from MIXU era (?)

proud_and_green
14-03-2010, 02:20 AM
You assume that he has the dressing room. I am now into my 50th year of watching Hibs and this afternoon made me think of a bunch of players who are trying - trying to get the manager the bl00dy sack. Today and for a long time we have been no better than when Mixu was in charge - actually worse if you add in the belief that we have better players now than then.

I know the cup is just about getting through but today we did not even manage that.

Just to say there are times when I hate the fact that I am a Hibby, today sadly is one. I spoke to a Jim Gardner who I have known for about 45 years and between us we have 100 years of watching our beloved club, today however all we could muster was no direction, no fight no nothing.

Sad but true!!!!

Sad but true

ON the way back from the game today, i wondered this.

I do think the answer though is to call one or two of their bluffs and i did think today that i would, if i was manager, drop half of them and bring in the bench and subs.

Prima donnas -GTF!!!!

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 02:21 AM
He can rip into them as much as he likes for me. If they sulk and go into their shells, then they can **** off, and Yogi can get men in who will stand up and fight for the club.

I think the club's buget will have a lot to do with it :wink:

Players don't move as quickly as you wish.

Employment laws come into affect.

How many plates can a manager balance?

Have you tried to coach kids(?) . . . . there no much difference :agree: