PDA

View Full Version : To all who thought it was time Bamba was dropped?

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Glaringly obvious how much we missed the big guy today. His presence alone would've made a difference.:agree:

Here's hoping he's fit for next week!

Walkerbaws
13-03-2010, 05:10 PM
In midfield maybe but definately not at the back. He's a bombscare at the back but could've done with him in midfield for a bit of fight.

Bob1875
13-03-2010, 05:10 PM
That's not the reason for that shambles. Maybe bamba would have made a difference were he in midfield but playing at the back ge would have contributed more to that shambles today.

shamo9
13-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Will Hughes drop Hogg? Or maybe we'll play with three centre backs to accommodate our 'good' players like we do upfront by playing all of Riordan, Nish and Stokes:devil:

skipster7
13-03-2010, 05:16 PM
i actually remember ian murray as a good battling midfielder during his first spell and he scored a few goals as well, i think we could easily have put him in there with stevenson/hanlon at left back, problem solved.i was thinking this today when he kept getting done for pace at LB.

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 05:16 PM
In midfield maybe but definately not at the back. He's a bombscare at the back but could've done with him in midfield for a bit of fight.

Totally disagree. You guys have jumped on this bandwagon that because since ANC he hasn't been at his usual standard, he's "a bombscare"! And Hoggy and PH (particularly at the end!) done well today? Neither could lace Bamba's boots!:agree:

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Glaringly obvious how much we missed the big guy today. His presence alone would've made a difference.:agree:

Here's hoping he's fit for next week!

I totally disagree and felt our centre halfs were the only players doing a composed job...i hope when he is fit he is on the bench

skipster7
13-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I totally disagree and felt our centre halfs were the only players doing a composed job...i hope when he is fit he is on the bench
sorry but a simple ball over the top cost two goals and umpteen chances:confused:

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 05:48 PM

So PH was composed when he lost possession in the last minute? Aye right!
Think you're at the wind-up.:agree:

Walkerbaws
13-03-2010, 05:51 PM
So PH was composed when he lost possession in the last minute? Aye right!
Think you're at the wind-up.:agree:

PH was the best player on the park today mate. So what if he had a nervy moment at the end. A rock at the back for me, head and shoulders above the rest imo.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Not at the game today, can anyone tell me how the goals were conceded please.

TornadoHibby
13-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Each time a high ball sailed over our defence, first time in the middle where a RC player fired a shot straight at Stack and when it bounced off him and came straight back out it hit Ian Murray and ricochet'd straight back past Stack into the net! The second one fell into our right back area which had no Hibs player near it and the RC winger took the ball under control without pressure and rifled a decent shot past Stack from around 15 yards!

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 06:00 PM

Unlucky ricochet for their first after a decent Stack stop. Spoony posted missing for their 2nd although it was a super finish by their player.

In general, they were streets ahead of us in terms of passion and determination. They reminded me of St J, very big and physical. The word I summed the team up with today was "empty".

TornadoHibby
13-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Unlucky ricochet for their first after a decent Stack stop. Spoony posted missing for their 2nd although it was a super finish by their player.

In general, they were streets ahead of us in terms of passion and determination. They reminded me of St J, very big and physical. The word I summed the team up with today was "empty".

:agree: :top marks

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Definitely missed Bamba. Drop that turkey Hogg for the big man.