PDA

View Full Version : Our name has to be on the cup now

shamo9
13-03-2010, 05:02 PM
After somehow surviving that goalmouth scramble in the last minute, and the fortuitous draws we've been getting (Raith in the semi:wink:); it seems every mystical force in the universe is conspiring to get us the cup...

... despite our best attempts to screw it all up as usual:boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
13-03-2010, 05:03 PM
After somehow surviving that goalmouth scramble in the last minute, and the fortuitous draws we've been getting (Raith in the semi:wink:); it seems every mystical force in the universe is conspiring to get us the cup...

I really don't fancy our chances in the replay. Petrie is probably booking us onto the Megabus right now.

Westie1875
13-03-2010, 05:04 PM

The same thought crossed my mind at that moment :greengrin

However, I can seriously see us struggling at Dingwall unless Yogi bites the bullet and changes his tactics to 442 playing only 2 strikers with actual midfielders in midfield.

Mikey
13-03-2010, 06:00 PM

I've no idea how they didn't score. I'd like to see it later, but I'll be watching from behind the sofa.

Credit needs to go to the defenders, and Stack, for keeping it out.

TornadoHibby
13-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I've no idea how they didn't score. I'd like to see it later, but I'll be watching from behind the sofa.

Credit needs to go to the defenders, and Stack, for keeping it out.

And lady luck too as there was a great deal of luck involved as to why that ball didn't end up in the back of our net at that point in the game! :agree:

noseyhibby
13-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I really don't fancy our chances in the replay. Petrie is probably booking us onto the Megabus right now.

I can honestly see Hibs capitulating big time up in Dingwall and predict us losing 3-0. Our record up in that part of the world is pitiful.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I can't see us having the fight needed to get a win up there. Ross Country will once again put in all they can while we'll strut about as if we are world champions.

If we persist with a two man midfield we have no chance of winning any battle.

Hopefully we'll see a straight 442 and get stuck in.

Malthibby
13-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Time for Hughes to show his mettle. That became desperate today, bar meybes 10 mins after Galbraith & Benji came on, & only he can sort it. It is a little concerning that we only seem to play well when Millar is on form, & he hasn't been for a while. Was at the wrong end for that scramble at the end, but was convinced it was going to go in.
Still in the cup, grind out wins against County & Raith, give the Huns an overdue humping in the final & Robert's your relative.
GG
Without excusing the performance, I also thought the linesman on the East side in the second half was absolutely horrific. His offside calls were ludicrous.