Yogi looked well hacked off with hogg and tried to hold him. Hogg
shouted suhin and then pushed yogi then they kinda slapped each other

Embarassing but glad to see they are angry

matty_f
13-03-2010, 04:19 PM

To be honest, I'd be more embarassed if they weren't showing that sort of reaction.

As the manager and the club captain, it's down to them to sort this out.

Jim44
13-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Good. And I hope the anger lasts until the replay.

zlatan
13-03-2010, 04:20 PM
To be honest, I'd be more embarassed if they weren't showing that sort of reaction.

Yes, it's always positive to hear about the manager and a player sharing fisticuffs after a draw :agree:

spudhib
13-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Hoggy dropped now surely:thumbsup:

matty_f
13-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, it's always positive to hear about the manager and a player sharing fisticuffs after a draw :agree:

Wow, sarcasm. How original.

hibee_girl
13-03-2010, 04:22 PM

There were players out there today who were a lot worse than Hogg

zlatan
13-03-2010, 04:24 PM

http://www.danwallacemusic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/sarcasm-detector-thumb.jpg

matty_f
13-03-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.danwallacemusic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/sarcasm-detector-thumb.jpg
:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
13-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Not a bad place to start though. Hogg's performances in the last few months have been ridiculously poor.

HFC 0-7
13-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Probably not much of his performance as a player that Yogi is going mental about, more the performance as a captain. In the last few games, Yogi goes mental at hogg for not organising the back line properly and getting them moved up the park. I have noticed in recent weeks that we are defending so deep against any team, we look lazy pushing up the park and its maybe this that Yogi has had enough of. When you defend deep and let teams come at you, especially at the end of games, it provides a lot of encouragement for the opposition.

Devine
13-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry but that sort of reaction should be kept in the changing room does nobody any good. Hogg was absolutely woeful today and has been for weeks he should be dropped asap his confidence is well and truly shot.

Part/Time Supporter
13-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Probably not much of his performance as a player that Yogi is going mental about, more the performance as a captain. In the last few games, Yogi goes mental at hogg for not organising the back line properly and getting them moved up the park. I have noticed in recent weeks that we are defending so deep against any team, we look lazy pushing up the park and its maybe this that Yogi has had enough of. When you defend deep and let teams come at you, especially at the end of games, it provides a lot of encouragement for the opposition.

Even something as basic taking free kicks in the defensive area. Hogg won a free kick in the right back area and left the kick to be taken by the goalkeeper, who didn't want to take it either. A pantomime ensued for about 10 seconds before Hogg finally took it. No ****ing leadership or organisation whatsoever.

Judas Iscariot
13-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Who?

hibee_girl
13-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Who?

Miller for a start

Cabbage1875
13-03-2010, 04:47 PM

Im a Hogg fan but today he was shocking.

And I'm disappointed in Yogi (for other things also) as this kind of thing should kept for the dressing room. Unprofessional for me.

HFC 0-7
13-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Even something as basic taking free kicks in the defensive area. Hogg won a free kick in the right back area and left the kick to be taken by the goalkeeper, who didn't want to take it either. A pantomime ensued for about 10 seconds before Hogg finally took it. No ****ing leadership or organisation whatsoever.

Yup, it sounds to me like there is maybe a lack of respect for Hogg. For me the captain needs to be someone that everyone respects and you do what he says unless instructed otherwise from the manager. It may be difficult with players like Bamba, McBride and Riordan who like to moan at everyone and wont do what they are told without a big protest. Sauzee was one that everyone respected and they did as he said, Rob Jones also did this but they were respected for different reasons. Sauzee was a great player who had played at the highest level, a been there done that type. Jones was a good player and a no nonsense type, big and commanding. For me Hogg, when he was made captain, was the best candidate out a bunhc of bad ones.

This is where it has been going wrong on the pitch. At the begining of the season everything was rosey and people dont mind being told what to do when everything is going right. As soon as things start going wrong you need a big strong character to be able to stamp the authority. Did Hibs not start playing better the last time we dropped Hogg?

Judas Iscariot
13-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Miller for a start

At least Miller wasn't culpable for 1 goal at the minimum..

hibee_girl
13-03-2010, 04:58 PM

I guess crapping out of every challenge that came his way is acceptable then

Broken Gnome
13-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Liam Miller probably wins more possession than anyone in that team. Are we back to the old Boozy argument where if you don't tackle in the traditional Scottish way then you're some sort of pansy?

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Who?

Wotherspoon

woody47
13-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Who else was worse?

Rankin :grr: Absolutley dire.

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Who?

all except Hanlon

bighairyfaeleith
13-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Wotherspoon was pretty bad, but he seemed to have two players to watch, today our formation was all over the place.

H18sry
13-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Wotherspoon

:agree: not at his best today, that is the worst I have seen him play :grr:

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2010, 05:32 PM
:agree: not at his best today, that is the worst I have seen him play :grr:

Sorely needs a rest. To be fair, as has been said, he had no support from whoever was supposed to be in front of him (McBride? Stokes? Rankin? Who?). That said, he was shown up today for what he is... a young boy playing out of position and, for the moment, out of his depth.

Devine
13-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Liam Miller probably wins more possession than anyone in that team. Are we back to the old Boozy argument where if you don't tackle in the traditional Scottish way then you're some sort of pansy?

Totally disagree he was absolutely useless today. He took no responsibility to move the ball forward or create opportunities. He shifted responsibility onto players with lesser ability. Why shouldnt we expect our centre midfielder to put himself about in a cup game against lower league opposition. I cant understand your comment on the 'Scottish Way' I dont see Lampard or Gerrard dipping a toe in so why on earth should we not expect our midfield to put in a shift and put themselves about?

Broken Gnome
13-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Totally disagree he was absolutely useless today. He took no responsibility to move the ball forward or create opportunities. He shifted responsibility onto players with lesser ability. Why shouldnt we expect our centre midfielder to put himself about in a cup game against lower league opposition. I cant understand your comment on the 'Scottish Way' I dont see Lampard or Gerrard dipping a toe in so why on earth should we not expect our midfield to put in a shift and put themselves about?

Not particularly praising him today, but if you were to pick any Hibs midfield player to close down an opponent with a ball (without simply pushing him over) then it would be Miller.

Agreed, he didn't do anywhere near enough today. If he was part of a more conventional midfield it might benefit him though.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Surely our defence was fine today, especially with bombscare Bamba out, and the dream team of Hogg and Hanlon playing instead.:confused:

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Surely our defence was fine today, especially with bombscare Bamba out, and the dream team of Hogg and Hanlon playing instead.:confused:

:faf: :thumbsup:

Hibs90
13-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Who?

Rankin and Miller

Bayern Bru
13-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I've said it for some time, I think Hogg's performances have maybe been affected by him having the captaincy. I don't recall him getting as much stick when Jones was captain, and I just wonder whether it might be time to shift the captaincy along even though I initially supported the idea of Hoggy as captain. Murray must surely be a candidate as the sort of player who could organise the defence, boost morale and effort as well as not letting it harm his own game - I hope.

I just think Hogg lacks not all, but some leadership qualities, and some key ones at that. When I think of decent captains I think of commanding figures and Hogg just doesn't quite manage that IMO.

BSEJVT
13-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Quite honestly Murray has been awful for weeks now

Culpable for a lot of the goals we have lost and looks to have no pace at all.

In fact as a team we have very little pace anywhere in the side.

I actually think that is why the defence are playing so deep so people cant get in behind them.

If anyone runs at them with the ball they are screwed

oconnors_strip
13-03-2010, 06:14 PM

who picks the team? who sets out the formation? who gives instructions before and during the game? hughes canny make his f****** mind up, he tells them to do one thing then a minute later goes mental at the players for doing what he said:bitchy:

totally agree with you here, looked like he was scared to get hurt or booked. bottled it for most of the game sadly

HibeeMG
13-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I do think that we're overstating the role of captain here.

When the game is hitting a tough period, which it always will no matter who we're playing, it shouldn't take a shouting at from the captain to make these well paid professionals run that yard quicker or tackle that little bit harder. This is something that they should be figuring out themselves.

loanheadhibby
13-03-2010, 06:46 PM

you can't really be culpubable for anything when you played like miller. how this guy every played at man u is beyond me.

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Quite honestly Murray has been awful for weeks now

Culpable for a lot of the goals we have lost and looks to have no pace at all.

In fact as a team we have very little pace anywhere in the side.

I actually think that is why the defence are playing so deep so people cant get in behind them.

If anyone runs at them with the ball they are screwed

Ar*eholes and opinions, eh? lol I thought Murray was one of our better players today.

Dunbar Hibee
13-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Ar*eholes and opinions, eh? lol I thought Murray was one of our better players today.

Thought he was our best player (as usual).

lucky
13-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Hogg was awful but worse were Rankrotten and spoony and Yogi's choice of formation. Why was Liam Miller playing right midfield?

vahibbie
13-03-2010, 07:21 PM

He does have a point though.
The whole fk'n lot of them should be p!ssed off and angry at themselves, but for the manager and captain to be exchanging slaps at full time in front of everyone is a poor show.
If the manager is so angry at a player, captain or not, he should sub him during the game....or no play him to start with.

jabis
13-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm off to kechback.....at least I can laugh at their Jemima Whingeworthies !

Eaststand
13-03-2010, 08:09 PM
There were quite a few bad displays today and only Hanlon and Murray get pass marks from me. I reckon wetherspoon did have a poor game, but he's young and if he starts to get nervous because of some of the crowd crtiticsing too much it won't help him. We need the experienced guys to help the youngsters out and the captains role is a big part of that, on the park, he's got to talk other players into tweaking things a bit when alls not going well. There's only one player I'd give the armband to and thats Ian Murray.
Yogi, please sort our lack of leadership on the pitch out asap and replace Hogg as captain

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Miller for a start

Sorry K - opinions and all that. Chris Hogg was his usual mix today. The occasional block challenge and won header but mostly very poor. Cannae pass wind, never mind the ball and is not worthy of being the captain of Hibs IMO

Winston Ingram
13-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Did anyone else hear Ian Murray tell the fans behind the dugout to **** off on his way doen the tunnel?

fatbloke
13-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Aye and all were wearing green and white.

JimBHibees
13-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Spot on. Bamba is the best defender we have by a country.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Did anyone else hear Ian Murray tell the fans behind the dugout to **** off on his way doen the tunnel?

Read on the Bounce that Stack had a go at some fans too.

Good day all round, then.:greengrin

greenlex
13-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Dint hear it as I was too far away but saw it. Good they are hurtin. The ****ing should be. :agree:

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Stack had a go at some people in the FF Lower(former terracing side).

Can only assume they had got fed up timing him with a calender as he took a goal kick.

matty_f
13-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Can only assume they had got fed up timing him with a calender as he took a goal kick.

Bet Maka would have done it quicker. eh...:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Surely it only fair, if the players are receiving abuse, then they are entitled to give it back?:confused:

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Bet Maka would have done it quicker. eh...:greengrin

who's shot is to be goalie next week?

silverhibee

Or Stack having a go with someone in the FF.

matty_f
Surely it only fair, if the players are receiving abuse, then they are entitled to give it back?:confused:

I've no problem with that.

Dunno.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Good question. Yogi said he brought Stacky in because he bosses Bamba better but Bamba wasn't playing today so Stacky had no-one to boss.

Hmm

I like Stacky and I like Smith but which one should play in the Derby?

Only one way to find out .................... Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I've no problem with that.

Me too Matty, The supporters :faf: are slating the players, yet when they bite back its wrong.:confused:

We have one of the worst supports i know for getting on the players back, i just cant understand why folk go to the games to dish out abuse, rather than getting behind them for the 90 minutes.:confused:

marinello59
13-03-2010, 09:20 PM

:agree:

Toaods
13-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Good question. Yogi said he brought Stacky in because he bosses Bamba better but Bamba wasn't playing today so Stacky had no-one to boss.

Hmm

I like Stacky and I like Smith but which one should play in the Derby?

Only one way to find out .................... Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :greengrin

I'll have a quid on Stack.:greengrin

lapsedhibee
13-03-2010, 09:24 PM
you can't really be culpubable for anything when you played like miller. how this guy every played at man u is beyond me.:hmmm:

Jonnyboy
13-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Me too Matty, The supporters :faf: are slating the players, yet when they bite back its wrong.:confused:

We have one of the worst supports i know for getting on the players back, i just cant understand why folk go to the games to dish out abuse, rather than getting behind them for the 90 minutes.:confused:

I was in my own seat today but there were some 'fans' around me that are not usually in that area. One in particular just took the biscuit as everbody was '*****e' and everybody was 'effing useless.' About three minutes into the game the ball is played into Spoony's area but looks as though it might go out for a shy. "Let it run oot you" was the call from behind me. The ball got held up on the surface and didn't reach the shyline and a County player got his boot too it. "What the eff are you doing Wotherspoon, you're *****e" was the informed view.

Atmosphere at ER is crap. Nothing to do with the East Standites being decanted - everything to do with the OTT negativity spouted around the ground :grr:

Westie1875
13-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Guy behind me in the west lower today was an absolute joke, screaming abuse (amazed I don't have a burst eardrum) from the first minute to the last, everyone in green was a c--t.

Thank god he doesn't usually sit there or I'd be moving. He also got very animated at the end when someone dared to question him, total nutcase.

I'm all for paying your money and giving your opinion, but to scream (literally) abuse for 90 mins with no let up is slightly OTT.

tooley
13-03-2010, 09:34 PM

The number 4 is never a football player in ten hundred million years and the manager is a fanny for picking him, so they are quite right to be slapping each other

tooley
13-03-2010, 09:40 PM
He does have a point though.
The whole fk'n lot of them should be p!ssed off and angry at themselves, but for the manager and captain to be exchanging slaps at full time in front of everyone is a poor show.
If the manager is so angry at a player, captain or not, he should sub him during the game....or no play him to start with.

:thumbsup:

tooley
13-03-2010, 09:50 PM
There were quite a few bad displays today and only Hanlon and Murray get pass marks from me. I reckon wetherspoon did have a poor game, but he's young and if he starts to get nervous because of some of the crowd crtiticsing too much it won't help him. We need the experienced guys to help the youngsters out and the captains role is a big part of that, on the park, he's got to talk other players into tweaking things a bit when alls not going well. There's only one player I'd give the armband to and thats Ian Murray.
Yogi, please sort our lack of leadership on the pitch out asap and replace Hogg as captain

Replace him full stop!
The only time that clown can find a green jersey is when we play at Parkhead.

Who is up for a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee want Murray as our leader campaign?

1875 NO 1
13-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Yip -f off and told the fans to shut up. Poor show from Nid.

jabis
13-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Replace him full stop!
The only time that clown can find a green jersey is when we play at Parkhead.

Who is up for a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee want Murray as our leader campaign?

no.

tooley
13-03-2010, 10:15 PM
[/B]

no.

Don't tell me a he played for Rangers thread?:bitchy:

truehibernian
13-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Hogg is truly one of the worst central defenders and captains that Hibernian have ever fielded on the sacred turf of Easter Road. An utter shambles of a player, takes an eternity to clear his lines, cannot play a simple ball, and has no leadership skills whatsoever. When the team was under the cosh, you are looking for a player to get right stuck in about the team and get them switched on. He has nothing in his very small locker. No wonder Yogi went through him and hopefully it was to inform him that he is not getting a renewed contract. And Liam Miller........you may be a technically gifted player, but again today, you proved you are a wee sh***bag who can't tackle sleep.......get your foot in you wee lightweight and win a tackle. The ball won't hurt you. Utter embarrassment today and yet again anothet soft as sh**e performance. Gutless and heartless. The Yams will have a field day with that shower of lightweights. Our season is fast becoming a flash in the pan and Hughes, if he can't see it already, needs to go back to coaching school........here Yogi......from the great Eddie Turnbull himself.............play Riordan up front through the middle and play a proper right back and not a midfielder in defence. Get balance in the midfield and start to play 4-4-2 with some degree of bite in midfield. The last eight games have been an utter waste of cash, effort and time. The only positive from today was Nish playing well and Riordan's first half effort. Ross County deserved the win completely. Maybe get them in to training tomorrow as well instead of them going out on the p*ss in Lulu on a Sunday too.....professional athletes my erse :bye:

skipster7
13-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Hogg is truly one of the worst central defenders and captains that Hibernian have ever fielded on the sacred turf of Easter Road. An utter shambles of a player, takes an eternity to clear his lines, cannot play a simple ball, and has no leadership skills whatsoever. When the team was under the cosh, you are looking for a player to get right stuck in about the team and get them switched on. He has nothing in his very small locker. No wonder Yogi went through him and hopefully it was to inform him that he is not getting a renewed contract. And Liam Miller........you may be a technically gifted player, but again today, you proved you are a wee sh***bag who can't tackle sleep.......get your foot in you wee lightweight and win a tackle. The ball won't hurt you. Utter embarrassment today and yet again anothet soft as sh**e performance. Gutless and heartless. The Yams will have a field day with that shower of lightweights. Our season is fast becoming a flash in the pan and Hughes, if he can't see it already, needs to go back to coaching school........here Yogi......from the great Eddie Turnbull himself.............play Riordan up front through the middle and play a proper right back and not a midfielder in defence. Get balance in the midfield and start to play 4-4-2 with some degree of bite in midfield. The last eight games have been an utter waste of cash, effort and time. The only positive from today was Nish playing well and Riordan's first half effort. Ross County deserved the win completely. Maybe get them in to training tomorrow as well instead of them going out on the p*ss in Lulu on a Sunday too.....professional athletes my erse :bye:
agree with most of that but nish was shocking

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2010, 11:45 PM
:top marks

Shrekko
13-03-2010, 11:52 PM
agree with most of that but nish was shocking

I know it's all about opinions etc etc etc, but what a load of rubbish.

I take it you'd already decided he was shocking before you got up this morning?

In general what happened today confirmed to me that Hibs fans are in my opinion the worst in Scotland. Abuse, abuse, abuse- even when we're winning- thats the only noise you hear at fortress ER.

Folk have the cheek to moan about players not doing their bit when they're making them sh** themselves to do anything. As far an encouragement and singing etc. goes, I've just got to laugh at all the mythical nonesense about the mentals in the East Stand now South Stand- I cant think of a game this season when the opposition havent been nosier than our nosiest fans.

Not surprised at Ian Murray or Graham Stack's actions today. Hibs players must hate playing at home. It was appropriate that the crowd gave Ross County an ovation at the end today- they'd been helping them for 90 minutes previous.

ArabHibee
13-03-2010, 11:55 PM

:agree: Stack came running over at half time and shouted some boy down. Thought it was someone he knew but apparently the guy had shouted abuse at him during the game which Stack had heard. I think the guy apologised and Stack gave him a playful pat on the back. That's what I was told anyway. Maybe someone else can confirm if it's true or not.

Crab apple
14-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm far from a Nish fan but I thought only he, Hanlon and possibly Murray got pass marks for effort today. Stokes was out of sorts today and Deeks (despite a sublime finish) just doesn't seem comfortable out left.

matty_f
14-03-2010, 12:14 AM
:agree: Stack came running over at half time and shouted some boy down. Thought it was someone he knew but apparently the guy had shouted abuse at him during the game which Stack had heard. I think the guy apologised and Stack gave him a playful pat on the back. That's what I was told anyway. Maybe someone else can confirm if it's true or not.

It's true - that's what you were told.:agree:

Toaods
14-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Not surprised at Ian Murray or Graham Stack's actions today. Hibs players must hate playing at home. It was appropriate that the crowd gave Ross County an ovation at the end today- they been helping them for 90 minutes previous.

The crowd never helped Ross County...they went about their business the right way an didn't need any help from us. Ian Murray would have been spoiling at scoring an og, realising what a **** defence he is part of and knowing what a great opportunity to become a Hibs legend forevermore they have just let slipout of one of our hands.

Shrekko
14-03-2010, 12:22 AM
The crowd never helped Ross County....

They certainly didnt help Hibs- that is an absolute certainty.

I cannot remember the last time Hibs fans helped inspire the team.

Toaods
14-03-2010, 12:32 AM

I cannot remember the last time we played as a team.

ArabHibee
14-03-2010, 12:36 AM
It's true - that's what you were told.:agree:

**** off - you knew what I meant! :greengrin

Bayern Bru
14-03-2010, 12:37 AM
After Murray suggested the fans pipe down and go elsewhere, someone shouted to him that he was a '******ing disgrace.' I assume this was down to general bad feeling about the result and the overall performance of Hibs, but a bit unwarranted I felt - especially as I thought Murray had a standard performance for us, some great tackles not forgetting that goal line clearance, and as a Hibby it must be a sickener for him just as much as us.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 12:38 AM
I cannot remember the last time we played as a team.

All the more reason for the twelth man to help us out, but it seems to me, they would rather slaughter the team than get behind them.:boo hoo:

Diclonius
14-03-2010, 12:40 AM
I like Stacky and I like Smith but which one should play in the Derby

Mark Brown? :hmmm:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry but that sort of reaction should be kept in the changing room does nobody any good. Hogg was absolutely woeful today and has been for weeks he should be dropped asap his confidence is well and truly shot.

And play another 'gutless' \ 'Chicken' \ 'heartless' \ 'LAZY' attacking player.

:faf:

:bitchy:

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:46 AM
All the more reason for the twelth man to help us out, but it seems to me, they would rather slaughter the team than get behind them.:boo hoo:

:top marks:agree:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Who else was worse?

Rankin :grr: Absolutley dire.

Complete and Absolute rubbish.

:bitchy:

Toaods
14-03-2010, 12:53 AM

In certain cases, there are only so many times you can get behind a player and try to give them undenying loyalty.

I don't belive one single Hibs fan goes to any game with teh intention of slaughtering the team, people have their favourites and the ones they want shot of....same as certain people didn't give Mixu the backing when he needed it most...:wink:

Shrekko
14-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't belive one single Hibs fan goes to any game with teh intention of slaughtering the team

Seriously?

You must sit in a different bit to me.

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 12:57 AM

You are right!

We would of lost it today if 'bombscare' Bamba played today! :agree:

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 12:58 AM
It will not be long before our fans are fighting each other, i have a couple of idiots who stand behind me in the West lower and they are just bang out of order with there personnel abuse towards a couple of players, wee have already had words about it, but they just keep it up, the next time it happens, who knows, if you see a scuffle at the next home game behind the dug out, it means i have had enough of there crap.

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Spot on. Bamba is the best defender we have by a country.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 01:01 AM
In certain cases, there are only so many times you can get behind a player and try to give them undenying loyalty.

I don't belive one single Hibs fan goes to any game with teh intention of slaughtering the team, people have their favourites and the ones they want shot of....same as certain people didn't give Mixu the backing when he needed it most...:wink:

I'm talking about the team. We as a support are shocking in our support of the team, each and every week. Its like we cant wait to rip into the players whenever there's a mistake. I never berate a player or manager during the 90 minutes of a game. Its fine by me to air your views on the message boards, or in the pub after, but i dont understand why people pay their £22 quid to moan all game.:confused:

Perhaps they should try and support the team for a change, they might actually enjoy it, and it will probably help the team too.

Shrekko
14-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm talking about the team. We as a support are shocking in our support of the team, each and every week. Its like we cant wait to rip into the players whenever there's a mistake. I never berate a player or manager during the 90 minutes of a game. Its fine by me to air your views on the message boards, or in the pub after, but i dont understand why people pay their £22 quid to moan all game.:confused:

Perhaps they should try and support the team for a change, they might actually enjoy it, and it will probably help the team too.

I dont always agree with you but that is 100% spot on IMO.

Unfortunately however, some fans are NOT there to support the team and wouldnt enjoy it-they'd rather see their scapegoats fail in some way. It's strange but it's true.

Abuse players are getting at ER is vile and getting worse. It wouldnt be so bad if we could just put it down to passion because there's absolutely no passion in terms of getting behind the team.

joebakerforever
14-03-2010, 01:09 AM
It will not be long before our fans are fighting each other, i have a couple of idiots who stand behind me in the West lower and they are just bang out of order with there personnel abuse towards a couple of players, wee have already had words about it, but they just keep it up, the next time it happens, who knows, if you see a scuffle at the next home game behind the dug out, it means i have had enough of there crap.

That wouldn't be a couple of wizened geriatrics in row L by any chance ?

This pair of greetin faced old codgers were at it full pelt today in full volume moan mode.

I'm sure the pair of them must have been the Muppet love children of Waldorf and Statler :devil:

YetholmHibee
14-03-2010, 01:12 AM

Have you watched John Hughes during a game.

His actions & instructions are 'annoying' & at the least 'under prepared'.

If our boss acts like that, then why should the fans not act like the boss(?)

What goes round comes round (?)

silverhibee
14-03-2010, 01:15 AM

This pair of greetin faced old codgers were at it full pelt today in full volume moan mode.

I'm sure the pair of them must have been the Muppet love children of Waldorf and Statler :devil:

Nope, the one's i am talking about are in the last row to the back of the Hibs dug out.

joebakerforever
14-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Nope, the one's i am talking about are in the last row to the back of the Hibs dug out.

So this greetin faced virus has also spread to the posh seats :greengrin

The_Horde
14-03-2010, 04:53 AM
They certainly didnt help Hibs- that is an absolute certainty.

The players have to give you something to shout about.

When have they done that lately?

Brizo
14-03-2010, 07:36 AM
I was dissapointed with Yogis outburst at Hogg which could and should have waited for a further 60 seconds and been done in the changing rooms. Im no fan of Hogg who captain wise I find about as inspirational as a wet weekend in Methil but Yogi picked him for that role and to publicly berate his captain was imo exceptionally poor man management.

Could it be that in making such a public demonstration Yogi was attempting to deflect attention away from his own tactics and substitutions ?

matty_f
14-03-2010, 08:55 AM

:top marks

Absolutely spot on. Folk turn up and sit on their hands until they've got something to ******ing moan about, then they're vocal enough. :bitchy:

There's folk about us in the West who, hand on heart, don't say a word unless it's to have a go. What's the point in that?

lyonhibs
14-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Wotherspoon

:agree: :agree:

Had a 1 man holocaust of a game, but Hogg was rank as well.

Distribution as grim as ever and influence/decision making were utter pish.

I thought I'd entered some sort of parallel universe for those 4 seconds whilst the entire back 4 just stood and gawped at the ball back in that led to their equaliser.

Sadly not :grr:

Hibby 2005
14-03-2010, 09:17 AM
At the 2nd goal we lost Hogg should have been covering the space vacated by Wotherspoon, but he didn't and County scored. That's probably why Yogi was a tad angry.

hibbiedon
14-03-2010, 09:35 AM

To be fair to Hibs fans they did back the team in the CIS final but to be honest the level of support since then has been pathetic, we are overshadowed by teams like Ross County, Irvine Meadow. I know fans who are only animated when it comes to spewing out hatred for Hibs players and make no secret of the fact even before kick off. WE expect players to play well so should not supporters support well. I support Hibs regardless of who is wearing the strip. I have heard all the excuses for being a pathetic Hibs watcher [ the word supporter cannot be used ] i reject everyone. If you wish to barrack Hibs players just be honest and wear a marron scarf

PeeJay
14-03-2010, 09:43 AM
At the 2nd goal we lost Hogg should have been covering the space vacated by Wotherspoon, but he didn't and County scored. That's probably why Yogi was a tad angry.

Disagree - I just watched the highlights this morning on Hibs TV and I think Yogi was mighty pissed off at Hogg because the Hibs back line was too slow in moving out for the second RC goal. When the ball was played through to the RC player, who made the pass into the middle, he was onside instead of offside, and Hibs were caught flat footed. That is a lack of concentration on the part of the Hibs defence and the guy marshalling them - in that instance Hogg - he should have seen to it that they moved out faster - remember Buchan's Aberdeen team anyone? Schoolboy mistake surely?

An Leargaidh
14-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Not a bad place to start though. Hogg's performances in the last few months have been ridiculously poor.

Don't get all his "lob it up the park" towards nobody in particular antics. Thought that was Stacky's job :dizzy: Yesterday at least twice Hoggy lobbed it right up into the hands of the RC keeper :bitchy: nevermind all the times he lobbed it up the park to the feet of an RC player.

Still I'm not singling him out. Apart from one or two the whole team lost the plot in the second half :dummytit:

O'Rourke3
14-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Disagree - I just watched the highlights this morning on Hibs TV and I think Yogi was mighty pissed off at Hogg because the Hibs back line was too slow in moving out for the second RC goal. When the ball was played through to the RC player, who made the pass into the middle, he was onside instead of offside, and Hibs were caught flat footed. That is a lack of concentration on the part of the Hibs defence and the guy marshalling them - in that instance Hogg - he should have seen to it that they moved out faster - remember Buchan's Aberdeen team anyone? Schoolboy mistake surely?
Seeing from where he started his run, practically right next to the boy passing then the last line moving up was never going to help. No midfielder seeing or tracking back was the main reason he got into so much space. OK defenders should also have been closing down but with no-one tracking back he had a lot of time to think about where he was going to place his well executed volley.

However in the spirit of the thread far too many fans appear to go just to shout at the team for not performing, and that starts as the odd boo rings out as a current "not Hibs class" target gets read out just before the teams come out. I don't care what you do for a living if you simply filed and the there were colleagues standing behind you screaming, shouting and telling you that you are pash etc I'd be sure you'd make mistakes and all you'd need to be able to do was understand the ****ing alphabet.

Hopefully yesterday was a get out of jail free card. At 2-1 Riordan was called offside wrongly and Nish was unlucky before the equaliser, some posters would have us beleive Hibs were never in their half and that they also didn't carry a bit of luck - most obvious being the first goal. 2 Day trip to Dingwall tho....

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Have you watched John Hughes during a game.

His actions & instructions are 'annoying' & at the least 'under prepared'.

If our boss acts like that, then why should the fans not act like the boss(?)

What goes round comes round (?)

You are supposed to be a supporter, can you please explain to me what you think that actually means?

Toaods
14-03-2010, 11:58 AM

is that the old guy that I hear shouting 'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........Zemmmmmmama.....christ.' when nobody else is shouting.

He hasn't got a clue what's going on.

Slammed Benji for not puting a tackle in at one point, despite the fact he was about 15 feet away from the opponent.

hibee4life1983
14-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Hoggs been mingin' for the majority of this season and i think the captancy has led to his downfall, i used to like him but he seems in two minds and unsettled at all times, ive noticed the headers he does win are weak, he often jus goes for the hoof when theres easy options, no shouts, absolutely no left peg and to top it off, no booting up the erchie for players when they need it! Its like he tries to hide as much as he can,
U watch,
And u shall see...

sandsy69
14-03-2010, 02:23 PM
:blah::blah::blah:,

Bayern Bru
14-03-2010, 02:25 PM
:blah::blah::blah:,

Hiya Chris.

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd rather have Smith starting ahead of Stack in the derby, and i'd most definitely have Hanlon starting instead of Bamba.

hibee4life1983
14-03-2010, 03:01 PM
hiya chris.
lol

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Dunno like....thought the guy behind me had tourettes...if i'd had a swear jar with me, I could have bought at least about 25 rounds....apparently every player's either a 'fud' or a '******in @rsehole' :yawn:

He must have been upset when we scored

matty_f
14-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd rather have Smith starting ahead of Stack in the derby, and i'd most definitely have Hanlon starting instead of Bamba.

What's Stack done wrong? :confused:

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 03:16 PM
What's Stack done wrong? :confused:

He can't play without Bamba :tee hee:

MSK
14-03-2010, 03:18 PM
:blah::blah::blah:,Got anything constructive to add .. ?

PeeJay
14-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Seeing from where he started his run, practically right next to the boy passing then the last line moving up was never going to help.

He wasn't quite "next" to him (good 15 metres or more away) but you're perfectly right - moving the back line up wouldn't have helped - he wouldn't have been offside, my mistake (must look closer next time!)

O'Rourke3
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
He wasn't quite "next" to him (good 15 metres or more away) but you're perfectly right - moving the back line up wouldn't have helped - he wouldn't have been offside, my mistake (must look closer next time!)

Yeah, I then watched again and the ball was played from further back but I still blame the midfield for not tracking.

fife hfc
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Stack pulled off a couple of great blocks (granted Murray knocked the rebound home:devil:) so why drop him.

as for those not wanting bamba back:wtf: yesterday nobody was willing to take control of the situation and that is one thing bamba is not scared to do. yes he has made mistakes but not as many as Hogg and even Hanlon made two yesterday that almost cost goals.

Hakim Sar
14-03-2010, 03:35 PM

But Galbraith was brought on to shore up right midfield and allow wotherspoon to stick to his man - which spoony failed miserably to do - and that is why him and hogg fell out! Prior to that hogg and hanlon were badly exposed by rankstain and mcbride not tracking the midfield runners. Think yogi was more angry at hogg not organising his back line into a cohesive unit!!!

whereswallace?
14-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I was dissapointed with Yogis outburst at Hogg which could and should have waited for a further 60 seconds and been done in the changing rooms. Im no fan of Hogg who captain wise I find about as inspirational as a wet weekend in Methil but Yogi picked him for that role and to publicly berate his captain was imo exceptionally poor man management.

Could it be that in making such a public demonstration Yogi was attempting to deflect attention away from his own tactics and substitutions ?

He never missed Hogg in the changing room either.The players were kept in for 45mins and Yogi tore into them.More than a couple players left the ground with Yogis words ringing in their ears!

The_Horde
14-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Dunno like....thought the guy behind me had tourettes...if i'd had a swear jar with me, I could have bought at least about 25 rounds....apparently every player's either a 'fud' or a '******in @rsehole' :yawn:

The boy behind me was doing my nut'.

He wouldn't shut up about how lazy Benji was and blamed the goal solely on him?

****in' lunatic. :agree:

His best shout of the match:

Deeks receives the ball and touches it to Rankin
Deeks continues the run
guy shouts "f****** run deek, lazy bas"
Riordan again receives the ball, turns, puts ball into the net for 2-1.
I turn to him and say "that was enough 'f****** runnin' fir me likes"

SvenNeil
14-03-2010, 04:26 PM

For their goal yesterday there were 2 forward on the right and then about 4 others 10 further back. Whits tha aw aboot? :bitchy:

sahib
14-03-2010, 05:01 PM
For their goal yesterday there were 2 forward on the right and then about 4 others 10 further back. Whits tha aw aboot? :bitchy:

Is that not 16 of them?

I admit my arithmetic has been shown to be wrong before.:wink:

Eaststand
14-03-2010, 05:21 PM

In general what happened today confirmed to me that Hibs fans are in my opinion the worst in Scotland. Abuse, abuse, abuse- even when we're winning- thats the only noise you hear at fortress ER.

Folk have the cheek to moan about players not doing their bit when they're making them sh** themselves to do anything. As far an encouragement and singing etc. goes, I've just got to laugh at all the mythical nonesense about the mentals in the East Stand now South Stand- I cant think of a game this season when the opposition havent been nosier than our nosiest fans.

Not surprised at Ian Murray or Graham Stack's actions today. Hibs players must hate playing at home. It was appropriate that the crowd gave Ross County an ovation at the end today- they'd been helping them for 90 minutes previous.

I agree with you on this one. We need to be patient and remember where we were last season- we had a cracking start to the season, and maybe we all started to think we were better thatn we really are. We're def going in the right direction though, and we've got the buidling blocks in place for a decent team, and guys like wetherspoon, hanlon, stevenson, etc are young and need encouraging...even stokes is still only a young laddie. C'mon all you folks that give out the OTT pelters to our players at games, ask yoursell what good do you think its doing to some of our players. We're the best supporters in the land ......aint we :agree:

GGTTH

hibbybrian
14-03-2010, 05:29 PM
He never missed Hogg in the changing room either.The players were kept in for 45mins and Yogi tore into them.More than a couple players left the ground with Yogis words ringing in their ears!

I hope Yogi keeps this in mind when he's picking the team for the replay and it's not just a case of :blah: :blah:

.Sean.
14-03-2010, 05:35 PM
There's a guy who sits about 6 or 7 rows up from me in the West Lower (South end) who is an absolute lunatic. Every ref is a ''clown'' or ''yan'********'' and Yogi can ''**** of, yan' useless idiot''. Every single game he's at it. Never gives the team encouragement or praise but cannae resist slating them when the chance arises. He stands up, face beetroot, veins throbbing and showers the rows in front of him with slavers. The man is a complete and utter fud. He sat infront of me in the FF for years, I thought i'd got rid of him. He doesn't half get you angry :grr:

JimBHibees
14-03-2010, 06:14 PM

So who is then genius, Hoggy, the inexperienced Hanlon or a guy who has been touted for the EPL, plays for Ivory Coast and is about to play in the World cup.

sunshine1875
14-03-2010, 07:04 PM
I cannot believe no-one has mentioned McBride as having a poor game. I thought he was the worst of a bad bunch.

One touch passes that went either to a RC player or put a Hibs player (usually a defender) into trouble. No killer ball forward. No decent tackles, which made me think he is not fully fit or worried about another injury. Two or three times in the box he dithered and we were lucky not to have conceded.

But the main culprit IMO is Hughes. Poor formation, with no midfield every week. We have now become predictable and the other managers have noticed this. The yesterday, we are 2-1 up, but being overrun so what does he do. Take off a usually hard-working forward and a midfielder and puts on a usually lazy forward and a winger, when we should have been strengthening our midfield, not weakening it.

Time for you to have a good look at yourself, big man.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2010, 07:29 PM

I've been saying the same to my mates - folk turned up yesterday so desperate that they lost the plot. The negativity and desperation must transfer itself to the players.

I can tell you who it definitely won't be. :wink:

Yip -f off and told the fans to shut up. Poor show from Nid.

Good for him - these idiots need to be told how ridiculous they're acting.

I cannot believe no-one has mentioned McBride as having a poor game. I thought he was the worst of a bad bunch.

You're only allowed to criticise some players. Nish, Rankin and Stevenson are top of the list and are being closely tracked now by Riordan, Hogg and Miller.

McBride's not on the hit list - yet.

BurghHibby
14-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Would this be a couple of old guys who don't know the offside law or when a foul is a foul when Hibs players are concerned i.e. Hibs players are never offside, commit fouls or dive but the opposition are always guilty of these offences espcially at County's first goal yesterday?

BurghHibby
14-03-2010, 08:52 PM

They are in row M

Jonnyboy
14-03-2010, 09:13 PM

I respectfully refer you guys to post #60 on this thread :wink:

Simkin911
14-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I was in my own seat today but there were some 'fans' around me that are not usually in that area. One in particular just took the biscuit as everbody was '*****e' and everybody was 'effing useless.' About three minutes into the game the ball is played into Spoony's area but looks as though it might go out for a shy. "Let it run oot you" was the call from behind me. The ball got held up on the surface and didn't reach the shyline and a County player got his boot too it. "What the eff are you doing Wotherspoon, you're *****e" was the informed view.

Atmosphere at ER is crap. Nothing to do with the East Standites being decanted - everything to do with the OTT negativity spouted around the ground :grr:

I posted a few weeks ago but some "fans" (or should that be "phannies") being well out of order with abuse towards players - especially the younger ones.

Wotherspoon, who admittedly didn't cover himself in glory, was called an useless effin waste of space on several occasions. The guy was screamin from the FF upper - especially during the first half. Opinions eh?

There's me thinking this guy has developed into a first team regular, will be a great servant for many years probably and hopefully will (one day) play for Scotland and we'll maybe sell him on for "X" millions in the future. One of the highlights of the season IMO.

I'm getting fed up with it to be honest. Shame they don't show all the home matches live on TV in the UK..... it would be a great escape from sharing a stand with a minority group who negatively influence the experience for others.

Darth Hibbie
14-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I posted a few weeks ago but some "fans" (or should that be "phannies") being well out of order with abuse towards players - especially the younger ones.

Wotherspoon, who admittedly didn't cover himself in glory, was called an useless effin waste of space on several occasions. The guy was screamin from the FF upper - especially during the first half. Opinions eh?

There's me thinking this guy has developed into a first team regular, will be a great servant for many years probably and hopefully will (one day) play for Scotland and we'll maybe sell him on for "X" millions in the future. One of the highlights of the season IMO.

I'm getting fed up with it to be honest. Shame they don't show all the home matches live on TV in the UK..... it would be a great escape from sharing a stand with a minority group who negatively influence the experience for others.

Might be the guy near me. Some of his best.

To Spoony "For ****sake son your never a ****ing defeder"

To Nish as the ball is played to some other player who makes a mess of it with the ball going nowhere near Nish "You're ****ing useless Nish taht should have been your ****ing ball"

To Stack/Smith/Maka as soon as the ball gets in the Hibs half "Get off you're ****ing line keeper"

To Deeks at any point he does not have the ball "Derek your nothing but a lazy *******"

Has something for every player in the team, even when they are playing well.

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I think Hoggy should hand the armband to Murray or Miller and that would release Hogg to get on with his game,I think the reason why he has had a bad run of late is due to the fact of being captain.Let him concentrate on fitba and you will see an improved Hogg.
I also think that the team is starting to splinter,if the reports about public bustups and players swearing at fans is true then it has to be nipped in the bud now.The last thing we need before the hertz game is dissent in the ranks.

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I think Hoggy should hand the armband to Murray or Miller and that would release Hogg to get on with his game,I think the reason why he has had a bad run of late is due to the fact of being captain.Let him concentrate on fitba and you will see an improved Hogg.
I also think that the team is starting to splinter,if the reports about public bustups and players swearing at fans is true then it has to be nipped in the bud now.The last thing we need before the hertz game is dissent in the ranks.

He's having a bad time as he's crap..

Nowt to do with him being the captain, that's just an armband these days..

StevieC
15-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Yup, it sounds to me like there is maybe a lack of respect for Hogg. For me the captain needs to be someone that everyone respects and you do what he says unless instructed otherwise from the manager.

Irrespective of who the captain is, you should have at least one central defender that takes control of the defence and dictates the play at the back.

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I dont agree that he is crap,he is under alot of prssure and I do think the armband comes with added pressure,you would think the more experienced players like Miller would help him out a bit, but going by saturdays sad state of affairs that just isnt happening.If he is given the time and space like last season, he will flourish,last season he played well and this resulted in him getting the armband,I just think the added responsibility has detracted from his game.We all see it differently and thats how I see it.