PDA

View Full Version : East Stand seats...

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Who's all collected so far?? I had read on here that some folk had picked up so I jst popped over to the ticket office this morning to get mines...The guy was really sheepish about it saying there are no seats for collection. He said 'When did u buy them?' :confused: I said 'Weeks ago when they were for sale!?!' Oh well theres none here sorry! Explained that id read on .net that some had been picked up. He said, well there were a few collected but theres none at the moment. Couldnt give any indication when they would have any more. Seems strange seeing as every last one has now bn ripped out and are obviously sitting somewhere...

tbfhibs
13-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I was told just on thursday, will be e-mailed when ready.Never gained much confidence from that.

ronaldo7
13-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I've got one sitting in my living room at the moment. Delivered by a fine young chap the other week:thumbsup:

Needs a bit of a scrub though, and then making a wee garden seat for the Grandson:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
13-03-2010, 11:07 AM
there were plenty in bits mixed up with soil / hard core on view last week that had obviously just been ripped up from in situ by the diggers

tbfhibs
13-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I've got one sitting in my living room at the moment. Delivered by a fine young chap the other week:thumbsup:

Needs a bit of a scrub though, and then making a wee garden seat for the Grandson:thumbsup:

Probably fix my three seats to a bench if i ever get them.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-03-2010, 03:11 PM
The whole thing is a mess hibs have really made a pigs ear of this

marinello59
13-03-2010, 03:38 PM

We are hanging on to a 2-1 lead in a cup quarter final and this is your main concern. God bless Hibs fans, we love a good whinge.:thumbsup:

Frogga
13-03-2010, 05:09 PM

As did the Hibs fans of the seats :wink:

Jamesie
05-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Four years on and the two east stand seats I bought are still under the spare room bed! Ideally I'd like to make them into two stools for my living room. Anyone done similar and where did you get it done?

Keith_M
05-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Jeezo, bringing back this thread is a bit 'random'!

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Haha this is soooo random. I started this thread and 4 years on have just started work on a bench for outside

Fife-Hibee
05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Lol mine are still in the hut :-)

OsloHibs
05-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Shame on you all ;)
Mine was made into a seat with help from an Ikea cheapo seat and sits proudly on my balcony!

Jamesie
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Shame on you all ;)
Mine was made into a seat with help from an Ikea cheapo seat and sits proudly on my balcony!

Which IKEA seat did you use for that? I'm really struggling to find a pre-manufactured wooden stool with the same seat dimensions as the plastic seat - ideally I'd like something I could screw two self tapping screws into without any further work!

erin go bragh
10-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Lol mine are still in the hut :-)

This . Lol

Ggtth

Allant1981
10-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Mine is under the bed, havent cleaned it since the day i got it, much to the other halfs annoyance!!

Jamesie
26-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Four years on and the two east stand seats I bought are still under the spare room bed! Ideally I'd like to make them into two stools for my living room. Anyone done similar and where did you get it done?

Now well over five years since the seats were picked up but I was reminded when clearing under the bed that I still hadn't done anything about it. Anyone able to point me in the direction of a joiner who can help or else where a suitable pre-made stool can be found?

Mark79
26-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Now well over five years since the seats were picked up but I was reminded when clearing under the bed that I still hadn't done anything about it. Anyone able to point me in the direction of a joiner who can help or else where a suitable pre-made stool can be found?

I had a pre made stool earlier but not sure it would help you here.

Jamesie
27-05-2015, 08:16 PM
I had a pre made stool earlier but not sure it would help you here.

Where from, just out of interest?

GordonHFC
27-05-2015, 08:18 PM

Whoosh !!!!!!

Calum68
27-05-2015, 08:21 PM

You will regret asking that question.

CraigHibee
27-05-2015, 08:30 PM

haha

fresh from the dung box is my guess :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2015, 08:30 PM

Dinnae buy it, it's crap! ;-)

OsloHibs
27-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Which IKEA seat did you use for that? I'm really struggling to find a pre-manufactured wooden stool with the same seat dimensions as the plastic seat - ideally I'd like something I could screw two self tapping screws into without any further work!

Sorry I never replied sooner :embarrass
I used väddö from Ikea and it was real simple... and it's still going strong!

El Gubbz
27-05-2015, 09:32 PM
I bought cubic storage units from ikea for a tenner or something that where the perfect size to just clip the seat on top. Tried to find a link but don't seem to be on their website anymore

Geo_1875
28-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Whoosh !!!!!!

Wheech!!!

Jamesie
29-05-2015, 04:14 PM
You will regret asking that question.

It's beena long keek! :wink: :greengrin

Jamesie
26-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Only taken a decade but finally got my old East Stand seats mounted on to stools! After trying (and failing) to find a joiner to build these from scratch, I found stools with dimensions more or less bang on with the seat - https://www.homesdirect365.co.uk//teak-root-stool-p56803/s61200). Only down side was the six week lead time on delivery. I then drilled two 8mm holes in line with the holes in the seat and used M8 x 70mm roofing bolts to attach seat to stool. Could probably have got away with 60mm bolts. I know there are a few folk in the group looking to do similar so thought worth sharing. The closest thing to watching games at Easter Road! ��

Power
26-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Only taken a decade but finally got my old East Stand seats mounted on to stools! After trying (and failing) to find a joiner to build these from scratch, I found stools with dimensions more or less bang on with the seat - https://www.homesdirect365.co.uk//teak-root-stool-p56803/s61200). Only down side was the six week lead time on delivery. I then drilled two 8mm holes in line with the holes in the seat and used M8 x 70mm roofing bolts to attach seat to stool. Could probably have got away with 60mm bolts. I know there are a few folk in the group looking to do similar so thought worth sharing. The closest thing to watching games at Easter Road! 😁

Tremendous. A big regret of mines was not taking my East seat in 2010.

wookie70
26-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Tremendous. A big regret of mines was not taking my East seat in 2010. Likewise. If anyone has any of the seats they aren't going to use I'd love to make something for the garden. Happy to pay obviously

Diclonius
26-08-2020, 01:53 PM
We are hanging on to a 2-1 lead in a cup quarter final and this is your main concern. God bless Hibs fans, we love a good whinge.:thumbsup:

Argh, now I've been reminded of that cup quarter final. Thanks! :grr:

Keith_M
26-08-2020, 02:01 PM

Only taken a decade but finally got my old East Stand seats mounted on to stools! After trying (and failing) to find a joiner to build these from scratch, I found stools with dimensions more or less bang on with the seat - https://www.homesdirect365.co.uk//teak-root-stool-p56803/s61200). Only down side was the six week lead time on delivery. I then drilled two 8mm holes in line with the holes in the seat and used M8 x 70mm roofing bolts to attach seat to stool. Could probably have got away with 60mm bolts. I know there are a few folk in the group looking to do similar so thought worth sharing. The closest thing to watching games at Easter Road! ��

Are we the saddest bunch of Fans on earth... or is it quite a common trait?

:greengrin

adam middlemass
28-08-2020, 10:06 AM
Who's all collected so far?? I had read on here that some folk had picked up so I jst popped over to the ticket office this morning to get mines...The guy was really sheepish about it saying there are no seats for collection. He said 'When did u buy them?' :confused: I said 'Weeks ago when they were for sale!?!' Oh well theres none here sorry! Explained that id read on .net that some had been picked up. He said, well there were a few collected but theres none at the moment. Couldnt give any indication when they would have any more. Seems

iistrange seeing as every last one has now bn ripped out and are obviously sitting somewhere...

I did something similar with my old west stand seat. My mother died on the 22nd of October 2000 the day the hibees demolished hearts 6-2. I got a pal of mine who is joiner to make me a stool and had a small plaque made for the front which read “ in memory of my dear mother Elizabeth 1920-2000” and above that Hibs 6-2 Hearts. I sit on it every time we have a family quiz as I’m the quizmaster. Now my oldest daughter married a jambo and some of the grandkids obviously have leanings that way, but I’m hoping as they get older they” will see the light “ haha :thumbsup::flag: forgot to mention I had to give my season ticket to a friend for the game to take his pal as I wasn’t really in the correct frame of mind, but I did watch on the telly and it certainly gave me a great boost- amazing what life can throw at you eh! :wink:

.Sean.
28-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Likewise. If anyone has any of the seats they aren't going to use I'd love to make something for the garden. Happy to pay obviously
Add me to this long shot list too!