PDA

View Full Version : Hatton

sambajustice
13-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Just popped up on SSN that he's going to announce his retirement next week.

Good choice IMHO! :agree:

Could have went on for another 2 or 3 fights and just made an eedjit of himself!

Pretty Boy
13-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Heard this rumour a couple of weeks ago, apparently training didn't go quite to plan.

Ricky has had a great career, a multi world champion at 2 weights, an unbelievable fan base, a working class hero and to top it all an absolutely brilliant boxer. Not technically the greatest at times but unbelievable courage, heart and determination.

I was there when he beat Kosta Tzsyu in the MEN and the passion he showed that night was unreal, he forced an absolute warrior to quit on his stool, he follwed that up with impressive wins against the awkward Maussa, Collazo, Urango and castillo. His perfomance against mayweather was far from brilliant but his courage was unreal, he showed the heart of a lion and was still walking forward after taking a beating for 6 or 7 rounds. Lazcano was scrappy, Malignaggi was decent and Manny wasn't the real Ricky Hatton.

From a selfish point of view i would have loved to have seen Ricky fight a bum in Manchester as a farewell for the fans but if there was even a slight chance he could lose i'd rather he didn't.

I won't remember Rickys' career by the image of him lying dazed in Las vegas, i'll choose to remember the corageous fighter who would happily take 3 shots to land 1, a man who inspired 20 000 Brits to flock to the USA not once but twice to live his dream with him.

Ricky Hatton was one of the bravest boxers i have seen and thankfully he's taken his bravest decision yet to get out of the game whilst he still has his health and his pride.