PDA

View Full Version : Hibs lead way in referee education

PaulSmith
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=714&newsCategoryID=2&newsID=5631

Future17
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Good idea! :top marks

18Craig75
12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe Dallas should spend more time teaching his referee's the rules instead of our players!!

PaulSmith
12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe Dallas should spend more time teaching his referee's the rules instead of our players!!

Maybe the players should learn them first :wink:

Hainan Hibs
12-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Good stuff from Hibs:top marks

steviecarnie
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Maybe the players should learn them first :wink:

pointless the players knowing them, if referees and linesmen arent going to rule properly. As we all know ref's wont change there mind even if an educated player points out he is wrong.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
“It will also give them an insight into how the Laws are interpreted and applied in this country.” :hilarious

cad
12-03-2010, 09:23 PM
No matter how much schooling we give our up and coming stars , I defy anybody to understand some of the decisions that our referees give.
Maybe we could argue our case a bit better though

" I done the 26 hour course ref ,top of my class , highest recorded score ever in the final exam , Hugh Dallas himself said if I don't make at Hibs I should consider a career in the refereeing game ,
Its in your blood son he said .
Well Ive looked at all the possibilities of your last decision and my conclusion is yer blind,or you've taken a bung , no honest ref could come away with that decision , plus to be honest your far to far behind play to make that decision ,also you didn't consult with your linesman who had a better view as per page 24 column C paragraph (bii) of the refereeing handbook , restricted view and the benefits of your linesman ,
That's this clowns 3rd bad tackle on me ,constant fouling comes to mind if I remember what Hugh taught us ,that's his 5th bad tackle in all ,
we've, only played 20 Min's FFS ,you've talked to him 5 times are you going to book him or take him oot :rules:

Ah that`ll be me off then , prick

Jonnyboy
12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
“It will also give them an insight into how the Laws are interpreted and applied in this country.” :hilarious

That statement threw me too - I mean WTF???

Surely the rules of the game should be interpreted and applied in the same way the world over?

Speedy
12-03-2010, 10:18 PM
It's a very good idea, as it says in the article, it'll ensure the players know what they are doing and also give them an alternative career if they don't make it as players.

FranckSuzy
12-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Does this mean that Hibs players won't be booked for querying the ref's decisions? I mean, they'll know as much as them :greengrin

delbert
13-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Listen, most players and coaches know the sum total of diddly squat when it comes to the laws of the game, just because they have read the rule book cover to cover does'nt mean they understand the application of them in a practical sense. My 13 year old laddie could easily read through the Highway code in a couple of days, but I'm not gonna chuck him the keys to my car just because I know he has. Actually when you talk to managers and players on a one-to-one basis, most are quite candid and admit that as far as the rules go, they are fairly clueless, although obviously this is not the case when asked in public. However its still a worthwhile initiative, one which the referees Association in edinburgh have been trying to get off the ground for the last 30 years !!

AgentDaleCooper
13-03-2010, 01:49 AM
It's a very good idea, as it says in the article, it'll ensure the players know what they are doing and also give them an alternative career if they don't make it as players.

i hope that the refs' courses are longer than 26 hours:wink: