PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Supporters Association

RIP
12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the HSA and what it does by way of organising and improving support for the football team?

Hibbyradge
12-03-2010, 02:51 PM
It fills Hibs supporters with alcohol before games.

This pacifies said supporters so their predilection for howling abuse and throwing things at the team is greatly reduced. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Although i don't live in Edinburgh, and don't hear a lot of what's going on at the club. It seems to me, an outsider, they don't do an awful lot. You seem to get more effort on here and the bounce, but they might be members, probably are, of the HSA, to get ideas into the support. The internet seems a better and quicker way to inform the fans, than the once a week supporter who might go to sunnyside.

HibbyKeith
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
The team are the only ones who can Improve the support they get, in the current climate they need to be playing attractive football to get the non regulars to part with their hard earned cash im affraid.

as far as the HSA goes, I do know they are currently trying to build bridges with the football club, there has been talk about getting them both involved with each other on a more regular basis,(players round pre/post match etc etc, it wont happen overnight but there are people there trying to put wheels in motion.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
The team are the only ones who can Improve the support they get, in the current climate they need to be playing attractive football to get the non regulars to part with their hard earned cash im affraid.

as far as the HSA goes, I do know they are currently trying to build bridges with the football club, there has been talk about getting them both involved with each other on a more regular basis,(players round pre/post match etc etc, it wont happen overnight but there are people there trying to put wheels in motion.

What went wrong?

HibbyKeith
12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
nothing went wrong, just not as involved with each other as many believe they should be.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
nothing went wrong, just not as involved with each other as many believe they should be.

Ah, when i was a member in the 70s and 80s, there seemed to always be a member of the team invited to a function regularly. Have they just drifted apart?

monktonharp
12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Although i don't live in Edinburgh, and don't hear a lot of what's going on at the club. It seems to me, an outsider, they don't do an awful lot. You seem to get more effort on here and the bounce, but they might be members, probably are, of the HSA, to get ideas into the support. The internet seems a better and quicker way to inform the fans, than the once a week supporter who might go to sunnyside.I dont go to the club an awful lot,but do try and pop in at home games,but to explain a wee bit to you(as you dont know anything about the ASSOCIATION)
The association is made up of the various supporters branches,and the club rooms provide a meeting place for those branches,where the said branches can interact with each other if so reqd,a start point for some branches leaving to away games (and a return),a place that various branches as well as erin trust and others hold meetings,out of town branches such as Orkney/Shetland hold events and get to know likeminded Hibernian fans,where they can buy reasonably priced snacks/food for the kids,(not ripped off like at HFC)sell members bevvy at reduced prices,and give access to the club for parties etc etc , so aye maybe nought happens and it would be as well not being there.:yawn:

monktonharp
12-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Ah, when i was a member in the 70s and 80s, there seemed to always be a member of the team invited to a function regularly. Have they just drifted apart?I may be getting the wrong angle on your previous posts,but to be fair to the association the last couple of folk at HFC that SHOULD be interacting more with fans were tits. so insignificant that I canny mind names. the new man,Lindsay?and Anna Devine seem good.

iwasthere1972
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Ah, when i was a member in the 70s and 80s, there seemed to always be a member of the team invited to a function regularly. Have they just drifted apart?

The last time I was in the Hibs clubs they were belting out "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" as it was number uno at the time. :greengrin

1973 great team and great songs. They don't make them like that anymore. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I dont go to the club an awful lot,but do try and pop in at home games,but to explain a wee bit to you(as you dont know anything about the ASSOCIATION)
The association is made up of the various supporters branches,and the club rooms provide a meeting place for those branches,where the said branches can interact with each other if so reqd,a start point for some branches leaving to away games (and a return),a place that various branches as well as erin trust and others hold meetings,out of town branches such as Orkney/Shetland hold events and get to know likeminded Hibernian fans,where they can buy reasonably priced snacks/food for the kids,(not ripped off like at HFC)sell members bevvy at reduced prices,and give access to the club for parties etc etc , so aye maybe nought happens and it would be as well not being there.:yawn:

:confused:
You might like to answer the question the OP asked, rather than tell me about the social side of the members? All you have told me about what happens now, its exactly the same as when i was a member, yet nothing about what they are doing to get more bodies through the turnstyles?

PC Stamp
12-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I may be getting the wrong angle on your previous posts,but to be fair to the association the last couple of folk at HFC that SHOULD be interacting more with fans were tits. so insignificant that I canny mind names. the new man,Lindsay?and Anna Devine seem good.

She left last month. :agree:

Lmc2105
12-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I think that with the Hibs supporters Club as you said is more for people haveing a good drink before the game don't get me wrong i am always there as are most people however ruining a supporters club makes me want to do more as this place doesn't get involved in much as am sure most S.C would agree with me. if there was a way we could help in getting ideas or even making something worthwhile for the club and fellow supporters a would glady do anything! i just don't think enough is done with Hibs and us the supporters clubs but hey maybe i am wrong just my opinion

HibbyKeith
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I may be getting the wrong angle on your previous posts,but to be fair to the association the last couple of folk at HFC that SHOULD be interacting more with fans were tits. so insignificant that I canny mind names. the new man,Lindsay?and Anna Devine seem good.

:agree:

I know from personal experience that the new comunications director Fyfe Hyland has been fantastic since getting onboard at easter road, very helpful guy who actually returns calls. the football club know that the standards of their supporter based communication in the past has been poor and are acknowledging that they need to improve it.

HibbyKeith
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I think that with the Hibs supporters Club as you said is more for people haveing a good drink before the game don't get me wrong i am always there as are most people however ruining a supporters club makes me want to do more as this place doesn't get involved in much as am sure most S.C would agree with me. if there was a way we could help in getting ideas or even making something worthwhile for the club and fellow supporters a would glady do anything! i just don't think enough is done with Hibs and us the supporters clubs but hey maybe i am wrong just my opinion

Im sure the current chairman and council members at the association would gladly accept any input from supporters lee.

Lmc2105
12-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Im sure the current chairman and council members at the association would gladly accept any input from supporters lee.

Suppose maybe that's why hibs are applying for this new position improve things with the supporters and clubs and associations didn't think of that before i posted but yeah i think a lot of people would like to get involved with trying to improve the club! hopefully this is sooner rather than later!!:thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Yeah BH they seemed to drift apart in recent years, i do however have it on good authority that there will be couple of players present at tomorrow nights St. Pats function at sunnyside. as i said bridges are being built. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah BH they seemed to drift apart in recent years, i do however have it on good authority that there will be couple of players present at tomorrow nights St. Pats function at sunnyside. as i said bridges are being built. :wink:

Good news.:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Must admit, I have not really looked for anything more from my membership there other than to meet like minded people for a couple of beers pre-match.

One of my mates can bring in his young son, and the attractive pricing makes it an ideal pre-match meeting place. I`m an out-of-towner, so not in a position to make more use of my membership outside of matchdays, but I`m sure I`m not alone in being happy with what the Hibs Club provides to me.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Must admit, I have not really looked for anything more from my membership there other than to meet like minded people for a couple of beers pre-match.

One of my mates can bring in his young son, and the attractive pricing makes it an ideal pre-match meeting place. I`m an out-of-towner, so not in a position to make more use of my membership outside of matchdays, but I`m sure I`m not alone in being happy with what the Hibs Club provides to me.

I'm sure you are, and others too. Although it still does not answer the OP question.

ronaldo7
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the HSA and what it does by way of organising and improving support for the football team?

They will deck the team out in Brand New Suits for the Scottish cup Final:devil:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
They will deck the team out in Brand New Suits for the Scottish cup Final:devil:

I hope so ronny, i hope so.:pray:

RIP
13-03-2010, 03:03 PM

So can anyone shed any light on the HSA and what it does by way of organising and improving support for the football team?

I'm not talking about the licensed premises called the Hibs Club - I know what's on offer there.

I'm talking about the Supporters Organisation e.g.

What dialogue does it have with the club?
What supporter initiatives is it currently responsible for?
What membership figures does it have?
How do you find out what its objectives are?
What part does the HSA play in improving the supporter atmosphere at Easter Road?
How do you join, how much does it cost etc?

Any members of the HSA care to comment?

archiebald
13-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Its been the same old codgers for years and they keep it nicey nicey so they get there invites to this n that (ie freebies) dont tell members:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
13-03-2010, 04:28 PM
The last time I was in the Hibs clubs they were belting out "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" as it was number uno at the time. :greengrin

1973 great team and great songs. They don't make them like that anymore. :wink:

Norseman lager, Embassy tipped and acne. Them's was the days!:greengrin