PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne's month up at Stirling

KWJ
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
And according to a Stirling fan he didn't impress saying that he didn't really have anything to his game. I said that he's a goalscorer and the guy reckoned he maybe struggled playing alongside a very similar striker.

I've still got high hopes for Kurtis and would like to see him given a shot somewhere else. Stirling do seem like a club very low on confidence with the meerkats and all :wink:

Head up Kurtis.

seanraff07
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
And according to a Stirling fan he didn't impress saying that he didn't really have anything to his game. I said that he's a goalscorer and the guy reckoned he maybe struggled playing alongside a very similar striker.

I've still got high hopes for Kurtis and would like to see him given a shot somewhere else. Stirling do seem like a club very low on confidence with the meerkats and all :wink:

Head up Kurtis.

I'm sure he will improve, i watched him a couple of times for u19's last season and he looked very good.:agree:

PC Stamp
11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I think he played 3 games, one of which he started from the bench! Hardly a chance to show much of what he's capable of. Personally I'll go with the views of his team mates like Anthony Stokes & Graeme Smith who both reckon Kurtis is not all that far away from making a big breakthrough at the club.

18Craig75
11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I think he played 3 games, one of which he started from the bench! Hardly a chance to show much of what he's capable of. Personally I'll go with the views of his team mates like Anthony Stokes & Graeme Smith who both reckon Kurtis is not all that far away from making a big breakthrough at the club.

Kurtis' time will come, sooner rather than later I'm sure! I'm confident Yogi is the best man to help him realise his potential, a'la Spoony!

The future's bright...

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I think this boy has the makings of a decent player but it would neither break ma heart nor surprise me if he moves on without making a real dunt in our first team. While he had a good year last year, with the youngsters, I can't help but think that all paper talk that came from his old man about him needing to get a regular first team jersey or he will move on, " with Celtic an option", just unsettled and wrong footed him. We are not short on front men just now, so a season-long loan to a team in the first division could be the making of him.

Martin
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I know he can score goals, but he's never really been an out and out striker in the U19's he played more on the right wing, and i'm sure he will get a good run. He's a good lad.

Golden Bear
12-03-2010, 04:35 PM
The demise of the Reserve League must have had a major impact on the future development of players like Kurtis Byrne.

I sincerely hope that the powers at be can get the Reserve League back up and running again next season - with, or without the gruesome twosome.

hibeedonald
12-03-2010, 04:36 PM
im from bridge of allan and my mates who some of are die hard stirling fans say he was good, did he not score 1 minute into his debut?

Stantons Angel
12-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Kurtis WILL be a big hit with Hibs if he does get his chance.
The spell of bad weather we have had hit his hopes of running out for Stirling more often than he did.

When he does get his chance im sure he will take it with both hands and make it big! He is a really lovely young man and just wants to progress with Hibs!

His day will come and Yogi knows he is there!!!!:greengrin

ballengeich
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
im from bridge of allan and my mates who some of are die hard stirling fans say he was good, did he not score 1 minute into his debut?

No - that was mistaken identity by the PA at Dumbarton.

offshorehibby
12-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Still think he would have been better staying at Stirling and gain some much needed experience. Provided he was getting a game.

oconnors_strip
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
The demise of the Reserve League must have had a major impact on the future development of players like Kurtis Byrne.

I sincerely hope that the powers at be can get the Reserve League back up and running again next season - with, or without the gruesome twosome.

im praying that the spl bring the reserve league back, and if teams like the old firm and kilmarnock cant field a 16 man squad then make it optional to all spl and sfl full time teams.

the reason it got scrapped is some teams said they couldnt afford to field a reserve team, they were wanting to keep their squad numbers and wages down. they are forgetting its about giving players a chance to build their fitness up and also progress the youngsters. i feel for the young lads that arent getting a regular game, it doesnt help them in getting their contracts renewed or extended.

having watched kurtis play many many times over the past two years i would say he is more of an attacking winger than a direct striker, his pace and turns are great and he skips past the full backs easily. he needs to keep working hard and hopefully he gets another emergency loan deal before the end of the season so he can keep his match fitness up and also show yogi that he deserves a place on the bench next season. he is only 19 and a great lad, just needs to keep his head down and work harder than others.

Hibs On Tour
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
All the potential in the world but he needs to get game time, bulk up and learn how to not get knocked around by big old SPL defenders rather than the kids he was playing against in the U19s. Season long loan next season in D1 would do him the world of good or even first half of season.

Boy is a natural goalscorer and has the attribute that all successful strikers need in spades - he is a moody **** if he misses a chance or doesn't score *but* gets himself back into it and looks for the next chance. Has that little bit of selfishness and arrogance that all great strikers need IMO but can play for team too.

Every chance of making it at Hibs I would say, particularly if you think that the liklihood may be of certain players leaving at some point in next couple of years:

Stokes [if he carries on like this season, he'll be off within 2 years to bigger and better things - that's just being realistic]

Benji [time running out for him to cement himself as being essential]

Just my take on it...

GGTTH

oconnors_strip
12-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Boy is a natural goalscorer and has the attribute that all successful strikers need in spades - he is a moody **** if he misses a chance or doesn't score *but* gets himself back into it and looks for the next chance. Has that little bit of selfishness and arrogance that all great strikers need IMO but can play for team too.

totally agree with you about him being a moody little ****, the amount of times he had a wee temper tantrum on the pitch last season to himself or about others was hilarious. quite a few times i mentally and sometimes physically gave him a kick up the a**e :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
totally agree with you about him being a moody little ****, the amount of times he had a wee temper tantrum on the pitch last season to himself or about others was hilarious. quite a few times i mentally and sometimes physically gave him a kick up the a**e :greengrin

Was up at the cup game up North with U19's last season and that night Kurtis had a 'mare in front of goal despite playing well. Hit bar, post and pretty much everything bar the net. Face was absolutely tripping him all the way back despite team winning 8-0! That's what I like to see in a striker! And I won a fiver on the result! Happy Days! :greengrin

hfc rd
12-03-2010, 10:57 PM
With Benji looking likely to leave and Gow returning to Plymouth. I think we might get to see a lot more of Byrne next season. Hopefully he settles into the team the same way Hanlon & Spoony have this season.