PDA

View Full Version : Yams Goncalves

bighairyfaeleith
11-03-2010, 02:57 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-admit-Jose-Goncalves-likely.6141683.jp

Are these ****wits stupid or what, 40odd million in debt and they are offering Goncalves 13 grand a week. Now either hearts hierarchy are just plain stupid or FJK is just plain lying about the offer they have made. Now as FJK is clearly above lying to the hearts support they board must just be plain stupid and intent on ruining the club.

still 108 and all that eh guys :greengrin

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-admit-Jose-Goncalves-likely.6141683.jp

Are these ****wits stupid or what, 40odd million in debt and they are offering Goncalves 13 grand a week. Now either hearts hierarchy are just plain stupid or FJK is just plain lying about the offer they have made. Now as FJK is clearly above lying to the hearts support they board must just be plain stupid and intent on ruining the club.

still 108 and all that eh guys :greengrin

It's actually quite a smart move as they are obviously gambling on him moving on for a transfer fee next season. It's exactly what they did with Craig Gordon and if you pay Concalves £13,000 a week for a year at £700,000 and sell him for £1.5m you are quids in.

That's assuming anyone would pay that much which is doubtful but you can see what they are trying to do but he is no daft and as a free agent he will pocket a massive signing on fee as the buying club will get him for nought.

Hainan Hibs
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
£13k a week:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Outrageous money for an SPL player. Obviously wanting a deal so they can sell him on with the hope of a very high offer?

If my club was hitting £40 million in debt and offering £13k a week to one player I'd be demanding answers.

But hey, I could be a yam and close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and stamp up and down like a two year old, and scream "Blah blah blah, 108 years, blah blah blah attendances"

Mellow Hibee
11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
It's not Vlad who is stupid. It's the fans.

The club have publicly said that they are imposing a wage structure.

Fat Jim has publicly said that Goncalves should repay the club for what they have spent.

The ONLY POSSIBLE interpretation of the £13k p/week offer is that they have a buyer lined up for the summer.

Yet a look on JKB shows the fans saying FJK is correct to concentrate on young players for next season. Has it not occurred to them that he wouldn't be playing next season either way!!!

If Goncalves had signed, he would be playing right now and would be sold in the summer and everyone at the club would be happy. There would be no supposed "looking to the future" nonsense being spouted.

Fat Jim is a trerrible, terrible liar who contradicts himself regularly to do what Vlad says.

For the hoards to not see the lies is just astonishing. I'm actually starting to think that Vlad settled on Hearts after a worlwide search for the most stupid and gullable fans in existance.

bighairyfaeleith
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
It's actually quite a smart move as they are obviously gambling on him moving on for a transfer fee next season. It's exactly what they did with Craig Gordon and if you pay Concalves £13,000 a week for a year at £700,000 and sell him for £1.5m you are quids in.

That's assuming anyone would pay that much which is doubtful but you can see what they are trying to do but he is no daft and as a free agent he will pocket a massive signing on fee as the buying club will get him for nought.

hearts and smart move rarely go together though, got this little gem from the comments under the story on the EEN page

The Hobos flock to stories about Hearts. Their obsession with hearts knows no bounds.

If memory serves me right it was fairly recently that Tam Farmer had to bail out Hibs because they were heading for oblivion. Since that day they have become obsessed with Hearts finances and wishing a similar fate for Hearts.

Well even if a similar fate does come about and we will sit and then go through a similar prudent spell Hibs have went through. It has done Hibs no real harm and it won't do Hearts real harm either. IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

Now since a few Hobos have a little hope that this year may be theirs with that joke of a cup run coming to an end lets assume that they win the cup and their new stand is packed to the full. The rise of expectation brings about the need for better players and higher salaries.

Now you have the picture and knowledge. Just try it out for yourselves(if you can) and try not to be too obsessed with your larger neighbour. ;-)

:ostrich:

The_Todd
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I wonder which part of the "I'm leaving Hearts" statment Jose made months ago Jumbo Jim didn't understand?

bighairyfaeleith
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I wonder which part of the "I'm leaving Hearts" statment Jose made months ago Jumbo Jim didn't understand?

to be fair it would be hard for FJK to hear given that he was having to concentrate on not fainting as vlad and mini me gang banged him with there mighty submarines

poolman
11-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Not really that smart as every man and his dug knows Concalves can leave in three months for nowt

I'm sure that there probably is some deal done somewhere already by Concalves's agent and the Yams are on for a payday equalling £000.000 :thumbsup:

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Not really that smart as every man and his dug knows Concalves can leave in three months for nowt

I'm sure that there probably is some deal done somewhere already by Concalves's agent and the Yams are on for a payday equalling £000.000 :thumbsup:

Hearts have given it their best shot which is both smart and sensible and now utterly futile and a complete waste of time as I'm sure there is a club lined up who are paying Concalves a huge signing on fee and Hearts will as you say get nowt and it is Concalves is absolutely quids in.

However it's all just a little more detailed and involved than the simplistic why pay someone £13k a week when you have £30m of debt..:wink:

poolman
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Hearts have given it their best shot which is both smart and sensible and now utterly futile and a complete waste of time as I'm sure there is a club lined up who are paying Concalves a huge signing on fee and Hearts will as you say get nowt and it is Concalves is absolutely quids in.

However it's all just a little more detailed and involved than the simplistic why pay someone £13k a week when you have £30m of debt..:wink:

Aye, who knows what the **** goes on behind pink doors down at the PBS

It does seem strange that in recent times they have been trying to get most of the overpaid hoofers of the wage bill but are offering an average player £13,000 a week :hmmm:

KeithTheHibby
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM

The club have publicly said that they are imposing a wage structure.

Fat Jim has publicly said that Goncalves should repay the club for what they have spent.

The ONLY POSSIBLE interpretation of the £13k p/week offer is that they have a buyer lined up for the summer.

Yet a look on JKB shows the fans saying FJK is correct to concentrate on young players for next season. Has it not occurred to them that he wouldn't be playing next season either way!!!

If Goncalves had signed, he would be playing right now and would be sold in the summer and everyone at the club would be happy. There would be no supposed "looking to the future" nonsense being spouted.

Fat Jim is a trerrible, terrible liar who contradicts himself regularly to do what Vlad says.

For the hoards to not see the lies is just astonishing. I'm actually starting to think that Vlad settled on Hearts after a worlwide search for the most stupid and gullable fans in existance.

Loving the bit in bold.:thumbsup:

seanraff07
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Was in the EEN today that Jefferies says Goncalves will definitely go in the summer, so not that he is aware that Goncalves is leaving incase he didn't get the message the first time, will he refuse to play him now? I doubt it.:faf:

Sergey
11-03-2010, 06:45 PM
[/B]

Aye, who knows what the **** goes on behind pink doors down at the PBS

It does seem strange that in recent times they have been trying to get most of the overpaid hoofers of the wage bill but are offering an average player £13,000 a week :hmmm:

As stated earlier in the thread, the only one of their high earners who is worth a transfer fee of any note is Goncalves. Nade and Kingston will struggle to find another club and Palazuelos <sp> is over-rated and has little sell-on value due to wage demands.

I don't know what sort of wage Driver is on, but he and Wallace are about the only other assets of any note.

Bostonhibby
11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
hearts and smart move rarely go together though, got this little gem from the comments under the story on the EEN page

The Hobos flock to stories about Hearts. Their obsession with hearts knows no bounds.

If memory serves me right it was fairly recently that Tam Farmer had to bail out Hibs because they were heading for oblivion. Since that day they have become obsessed with Hearts finances and wishing a similar fate for Hearts.

Well even if a similar fate does come about and we will sit and then go through a similar prudent spell Hibs have went through. It has done Hibs no real harm and it won't do Hearts real harm either. IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

Now since a few Hobos have a little hope that this year may be theirs with that joke of a cup run coming to an end lets assume that they win the cup and their new stand is packed to the full. The rise of expectation brings about the need for better players and higher salaries.

Now you have the picture and knowledge. Just try it out for yourselves(if you can) and try not to be too obsessed with your larger neighbour. ;-)

:crazy: Aye, they're right, if you aren't paying this sort of money to retain a guy your chief wants to sell you're never going to win the Champions League as predicted in 2008.
I am not obsessed, like other guys I know who DO NOT support Hibs I am just drawn to the madness and comedy mix that goes on over there and genuinely stunned that they care so little that they allow it to happen, when/if the return on investment for Concalves is realised do any of them even wonder where its gone?

ScottB
11-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Is it not fairly likely Goncalves has already signed for someone else or made it clear he will leave. Thus leaving the Yams free to release statements saying they've offered him 'x thousands of pounds a week' to keep the fans happy.

Bostonhibby
11-03-2010, 07:32 PM

:agree: Nae doubt about that , hand picked by virtue of them being in the worst situation ground wise and with a vulnerable balance sheet but crucially for Vlad, a decent sized subservient fan base to milk - he might be amazed at how long he has managed it - he had a look at Dunfermline and maybe Dundee if rumours are to be believed, but the scam probably fitted either club on a smaller scale so less potential to be sucked out of it.

Of course the believers view might be the right one. Time will tell.

Hibs Class
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Was in the EEN today that Jefferies says Goncalves will definitely go in the summer, so not that he is aware that Goncalves is leaving incase he didn't get the message the first time, will he refuse to play him now? I doubt it.:faf:

If they have to play Goncalves to boost their chances of a top six finish then they'll do it. Such is their ambition.

noseyhibby
11-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Seriously: how do they manage to still offer players (Goncalves) a reported £13,000 per week and stay in business. I have been waiting for the past 4 years for our Gorgie neighbours to implode completely and be wiped off the face of the Scottish football map, and yes, of course, they will be resurrected in some fashion, but anyway the point is that they are still in business, still operating, still challenging us (even 10 points provides little comfort when we have shown a great propensity to self destruct). How on earth do they manage it? I have sat patiently waiting, almost gagging, for the news that finally, and I mean finally, tells me that they have gone into liquidation. I wait, and wait and wait and
everyday comes and goes and still there they are, churning out yet another 1-0 penalty win, and continuing like money has gone out of fashion. They defy the laws of not just basic arithmetic, but physics with their obstinate refusal to turn over and die. They are like a wart that has been cut-off, burnt off, and even lazered, but they just dust themselves down and regrow into the ugly growth that they are.

Alex Trager
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Seriously: how do they manage to still offer players (Goncalves) a reported £13,000 per week and stay in business. I have been waiting for the past 4 years for our Gorgie neighbours to implode completely and be wiped off the face of the Scottish football map, and yes, of course, they will be resurrected in some fashion, but anyway the point is that they are still in business, still operating, still challenging us (even 10 points provides little comfort when we have shown a great propensity to self destruct). How on earth do they manage it? I have sat patiently waiting, almost gagging, for the news that finally, and I mean finally, tells me that they have gone into liquidation. I am beside myself with utter grief and frustration that everyday comes and goes and still there they are, churning out yet another 1-0 penalty win, and continuing like money has gone out of fashion. They defy the laws of not just basic arithmetic, but physics with their obstinate refusal to turn over and die. They are like a wart that I have cut-off, burnt off, and even lazered, but they just dust themselves down and regrow into the ugly growth that they are. Please, will somebody tell me when it all ends and I can sleep easy again.
This is perfect 'bait' for them to say still our wee neighbours an that

noseyhibby
11-03-2010, 09:16 PM
This is perfect 'bait' for them to say still our wee neighbours an that

Irrespective of what I write, think or say, the Jambos (since Romanov in particular) will always, and I mean always, think they are superior and that we are the wee team. My opinion matters not a jot to any one of them when it comes to taking their seat on a Gorgie Saturday afternoon.
I refuse to be intimidated by the prospect of being called "a wee neighbour" by editing my posts.

PiemanP
11-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Their time will come, whether the jambos like him or not romanov is the only person keeping the club afloat as soon as he leaves its bye bye jam tarts :bye:

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
It was interesting to here fat Jeff say today that even though he has never met the great Vlad, he has a good working relationship with him and that the good times are just around the corner. :faf:

HFC 0-7
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM

Not really a smart move for the club, its a good move from Vlad. From past transfers we know that any big money received from a transfer doesnt hit the Yams accounts, instead its stuffed into the back pocket of Vlad. Even if Jose had taken the deal and they sold him in the summer for 10 Million, it wouldnt have helped hearts any as it would never have hit their accounts, never re invested, just firmly tucked away with Vlad.

KerPlunk
12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
It was interesting to here fat Jeff say today that even though he has never met the great Vlad, he has a good working relationship with him and that the good times are just around the corner. :faf:

YouTube - for the good times karoake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XG4Zi_Mq-A&feature=related)

:rolleyes:

Big Frank
12-03-2010, 09:14 AM
They do however have a lovely wee wooden hut/stand.

Well done jumbos :top marks

We really could take a look at their club, and try and emulate all the goodness that happens at the PBS.

Mon the FJK:thumbsup:

johnrebus
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I see that FJK is at again in the Scotsman this morning, with the ' players want to come here, because everyone knows that Hearts are a big club '.

What is this pathetic infatuation with ' big ' , all the time?

I can only surmise that this is the classic - p e n i s - envy thing and that everyone connected with the club has a small dick?

Can anyone, er..., confirm this?

:rolleyes: :devil: :jamboak:

Shaggy
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Well.. the thing with jambos is...... even they must recognize that Rangers is a massive club and even a global brand with huge revenues, and £31 million is a crisis to them.....
How come a wee kak loathsome club wi no character & shickt colour shirts can be sitting pretty with more debt than Gers ..??? !!!

Fear and Denial, me thinks,
its like watching rabbits in the middle of the road watching the on coming pretty lights!! :bye:

HibeeB
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I can only surmise that this is the classic - p e n i s - envy thing and that everyone connected with the club has a small dick?

I think that is only true of the players.

The fans are, of course, phannies.

Phil MaGlass
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
What are the chances Goncalves will play against Hibs?

Tyler Durden
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM

Not really. What happens if he signs the deal and then breaks his leg the next week? That kind of outlay can't be justified for Hearts, full stop. Craig Gordon was a different case entirely, and in the end they were lucky that Roy Keane came in and paid over the odds as he did with numerous Sunderland buys.

There would be no guarantees of him being sold in any case. Prior to rejoining Hearts this year he was on loan at a German second division team. I don't see a long list of suitors willing to pay a fee in excess of £1m, so paying £13k a week makes no sense IMHO.

The funniest thing for me is that Jefferies describes it as a "fantastic offer" without seeming to consider the consequences. Fantastic for Goncalves, but for Hearts? I think not.

The_Todd
12-03-2010, 01:32 PM
So what I don't get is the only point of the contract is to make sure Hearts get a fee when he's sold in the summer.

The "excuse" Jumbo Jim is giving for not playing Goncalves is because Goncalves isn't going to be there next season, hence his refusal to sign a new contract. But if the point of the contract is to make sure Hearts get a fee and they're selling him anyway then surely all this guff about only wanting players to play who will be there next season is blown out of the water again?

So many holes in Jumbo Jims lies and he'll wear himself out trying to explain them all. They're bullying Goncalves into signing a new deal when both he and they know he'll be gone by next season anyway, whether on a free or sold. Only difference is on a free, Jose gets to pick where he goes without Hearts intereference.

--------
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Seriously: how do they manage to still offer players (Goncalves) a reported £13,000 per week and stay in business. I have been waiting for the past 4 years for our Gorgie neighbours to implode completely and be wiped off the face of the Scottish football map, and yes, of course, they will be resurrected in some fashion, but anyway the point is that they are still in business, still operating, still challenging us (even 10 points provides little comfort when we have shown a great propensity to self destruct). How on earth do they manage it? I have sat patiently waiting, almost gagging, for the news that finally, and I mean finally, tells me that they have gone into liquidation. I wait, and wait and wait and everyday comes and goes and still there they are, churning out yet another 1-0 penalty win, and continuing like money has gone out of fashion. They defy the laws of not just basic arithmetic, but physics with their obstinate refusal to turn over and die. They are like a wart that has been cut-off, burnt off, and even lazered, but they just dust themselves down and regrow into the ugly growth that they are.

My feelings exactly, mate.

The only reason I can imagine for them still being in business is that Vladdymare must be even more devious and dishonest and unscrupulous than even I thought him when he first arrived.

Or possibly that the financial services institutions in Eastern Europe are either as crooked as he is, or as stupid as Robinson, Deans and Foulkes and their cronies were, or crooked and stupid both.

Or maybe all of the above....

Once upon a time I wished them no tangible success, but no real ill either. Now I dislike them with a passion and wish them gone. As far as I can see, the vast majority of them feel exactly that way about us, but with a hefty admixture of patronising arrogance, racial bigotry, pseudo-Hunnish sectarianism and vicious snobbery as well.

Time they were away, and like you, I'm getting a wee tad impatient.... :agree:

Pretty Boy
12-03-2010, 02:08 PM
My feelings exactly, mate.

The only reason I can imagine for them still being in business is that Vladdymare must be even more devious and dishonest and unscrupulous than even I thought him when he first arrived.

Or possibly that the financial services institutions in Eastern Europe are either as crooked as he is, or as stupid as Robinson, Deans and Foulkes and their cronies were, or crooked and stupid both.

Or maybe all of the above....

Once upon a time I wished them no tangible success, but no real ill either. Now I dislike them with a passion and wish them gone. As far as I can see, the vast majority of them feel exactly that way about us, but with a hefty admixture of patronising arrogance, racial bigotry, pseudo-Hunnish sectarianism and vicious snobbery as well.

Time they were away, and like you, I'm getting a wee tad impatient.... :agree:

The part in bold really rings true for me. Hertz fans are the most arrogant, patronising barstewards i have ever come accross when it comes to football and i include OF supporters in that.

Also when it comes to as you put it: 'racial bigotry and pseudo hunnish sectarianism' this also strikes a cord with me. Whilst much of Scottish football either has no need to clean up it's act or is making efforts to do so that mob accross town seem to be getting worse. The replacement of the Union Flags with Red hand of Ulster flags recently was noticeable and the numbers singing their little ditties seem to be growing.

A disgusting, classless and vile club who i won't shed a tear for when the inevitable happens.

Kato
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Jefferies has a p e n i s? If he has I bet he hasn't seen it in a while.

Pretty Boy
12-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Jefferies has a p e n i s? If he has I bet he hasn't seen it in a while.

He's probably not got much of one. Given the size of that belly and the link between obesity and depleted testosterone levels, he's probably carrying out a sex change through his dietary habits.

Kato
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
He's probably not got much of one. Given the size of that belly and the link between obesity and depleted testosterone levels, he's probably carrying out a sex change through his dietary habits.

Are you trying to say he's Craig Gordon's Ma' or something?

Speedway
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I see that FJK is at again in the Scotsman this morning, with the ' players want to come here, because everyone knows that Hearts are a big club '.
What is this pathetic infatuation with ' big ' , all the time?

Typo.

He actually said 'Everyone knows Hearts are a Ubig Club'

--------
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
The part in bold really rings true for me. Hertz fans are the most arrogant, patronising barstewards i have ever come accross when it comes to football and i include OF supporters in that.

Also when it comes to as you put it: 'racial bigotry and pseudo hunnish sectarianism' this also strikes a cord with me. Whilst much of Scottish football either has no need to clean up it's act or is making efforts to do so that mob accross town seem to be getting worse. The replacement of the Union Flags with Red hand of Ulster flags recently was noticeable and the numbers singing their little ditties seem to be growing.

A disgusting, classless and vile club who i won't shed a tear for when the inevitable happens.

I live in North Lanarkshire, and I have a lot of Rangers-supporting neighbours (and friends) and NONE of them is as obnoxious as any of the diminishing number of Yams I still number among my acquaintances - whch just about says it all. Even among the Rangers support I find a number of guys willing to admit that they have a problem and that they need to do something about it. (Not a LOT, but certainly some.) So while I still don't like Rangers FC very much at all, I can co-exist. Not so with the WannabeHunsofGorgie.

Roll on the happy day. :devil:

Hibercelona
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM

Oh dear....

A bigger stand and the Scottish cup...

Yet, we'd still be wee compared to our neighbours.... :rolleyes:

jgl07
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Not really a smart move for the club, its a good move from Vlad. From past transfers we know that any big money received from a transfer doesnt hit the Yams accounts, instead its stuffed into the back pocket of Vlad. Even if Jose had taken the deal and they sold him in the summer for 10 Million, it wouldnt have helped hearts any as it would never have hit their accounts, never re invested, just firmly tucked away with Vlad.
No doubt the amount raied would mysteriously disappear in the form of 'registration fees' and the like leaving the Hearts deficit untouched.

seanraff07
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
What are the chances Goncalves will play against Hibs?

Very likely IMO.