PDA

View Full Version : Mr Hughes and Mr Stokes, Riordan and Nish - Hope you were watching last night!

Tollhouse Hibee
11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I hope the guys were watching Man U last night.

What a lesson in bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

true masterclass, and made a decent Milan team look very ordinary.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle.

Toaods
11-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Mind you for £150,000 a week Id chase everything too.

down the slope
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM

What a lesson in bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle.

Well said, i have been banging on about this for months as we seem to think we are to good to track back, apart from the game against Motherwell when we chased them all over the park and even Nish gave them no rest this was a one off.
How they can do this for one game and then revert back to strolling about must be down to the manager, Hughes talks a good game but when it comes to the crunch the players just do their own thing, it's so simple when a team is in your face and not letting you play the ball out of defence you do the same to them but even more so. Is it to much to ask that the players just run about more ? in the modern game players have to play their part all over the pitch but Mr Hughes seems unable to see this and will pay the price if he cannot or will not change our type of play.

xyz23jc
11-03-2010, 09:27 AM

:thumbsup::top marksGuy has a point though. Manure were awesome last night, happily settle for a similar result agaisnt the Staggies on sat!

Golden Bear
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM

Very harsh on Mr Stokes! The guy has been working his socks off lately and often without any real support.

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2010, 09:51 AM

and for 2 or 3k a week, you wouldn't?

I don't believe for one moment the likes of Rooney is motivated by just money anyway.
They're real determined professionals, who only want to win and will do all they can.

bigstu
11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
i was thinking the exact same thing last night, we have some talented players so why can't we play like ManU did last night, well not quite as good but you know what i mean.
Rooney is an example to all strikers, Ronaldo left so he's stepped up to the plate. he couldn't header before so he spent all summer practising & look what the result is, amazing! his attitude, determination & will to win is a joy to watch.
What ManU have done though is built their team around their star Rooney & his fellow attackers are there to support him. We have one of the best strikers in the league Stokes, if he's given the right service. At the moment he's just a player who looks like he's been dumped into our team & he isn't important to us. But he should be, evrything should be geared towards servicing him.
I hope our players watched the game last night & actually learnt a thing or 2 & start to screw the nut!

AgentDaleCooper
11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
i was thinking the exact same thing last night, we have some talented players so why can't we play like ManU did last night, well not quite as good but you know what i mean.
Rooney is an example to all strikers, Ronaldo left so he's stepped up to the plate. he couldn't header before so he spent all summer practising & look what the result is, amazing! his attitude, determination & will to win is a joy to watch.
What ManU have done though is built their team around their star Rooney & his fellow attackers are there to support him. We have one of the best strikers in the league Stokes, if he's given the right service. At the moment he's just a player who looks like he's been dumped into our team & he isn't important to us. But he should be, evrything should be geared towards servicing him.
I hope our players watched the game last night & actually learnt a thing or 2 & start to screw the nut!
dunno...17/18 goals suggests he's pretty important and is getting some kind of service...

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2010, 10:35 AM

:agree: Awesome! What a work ethic they have apart from the obvious talent on show.:boo hoo:

Tollhouse Hibee
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
dunno...17/18 goals suggests he's pretty important and is getting some kind of service...

But imagine what he could achieve

Also if he took a gamble and was not always on his heels................

Teo10
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
But imagine what he could achieve

Also if he took a gamble and was not always on his heels................

:agree: It's all about anticipating the mistake

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm all for improving players but to think that all we need to say to the Hibs players that you need to play like Man U and Stokes you need to up your game and play like Rooney is quite frankly..... mental!

down the slope
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm all for improving players but to think that all we need to say to the Hibs players that you need to play like Man U and Stokes you need to up your game and play like Rooney is quite frankly..... mental!

Er no, just the running aboot bit.

Bad Martini
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
No bad. Distinctly average even...:greengrin

ABMU :devil:

Tollhouse Hibee
11-03-2010, 12:22 PM

And should these guys not be trying to better themselves and try to attain that level.

The better they get, the more money they earn, the better a career they have ........

Even if they just showed the same type of commitment.......

Bad Martini
11-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope the guys were watching Hibs at the weekend.

What a lesson in not bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

true masterclass, and made a decent Kilmarnock team look very ordinary.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle but who can rip a 20 yard plus free kick intae the top corner fi naewhere.

Points make prizes, none of this we'll win more than we lose crap (Tony - you better hope that wee analargy goes yer way the night) ... goals win games.

ENDOF ! :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
And should these guys not be trying to better themselves and try to attain that level.

The better they get, the more money they earn, the better a career they have ........

Even if they just showed the same type of commitment.......

True. In an ideal world, they'd all be able to, via pure motivation, attain Rooney like goal scoring prowess and Ferguson like master tacticianery skills.

But, positive thinking, emulation and even a lot of ballsy hard work doth not maketh premiership beaters.

I do take yer point though but, it's also fair to say you can only piss in the pot ye have.:agree:

Green Mikey
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Man U are one of the best teams in the world...3 league titles and a champions league in the last 3 years! Also, last night they had Wayne Rooney, the Scotland captain, England captain, South Korea captain all starting. Comparing them to Hibs is a bit rdiculous...we have Colin Nish...

Man U are at the top end of football with players with the hughest fitness, ability and attitude, they are on a completely different planet to Hibs. You will be forever disappointed if you continue Hibs to Man U...

Lendo
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM

I know Yogi wasn't watching, as he was having dinner with the family in The Persevere last night during the match.

--------
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
YOU are a BAD MAN. :tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk:

:devil:

1875 NO 1
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM

The work rate of top players and top teams is immense. All Hibs players should be following the standard set by Man u. Apart from Deek , allegedly, he doesn't have to work hard as long as he scores a wonder goal now and again.

The harder you work the better results you get.

Bad Martini
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
YOU are a BAD MAN. :tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk::tsk tsk:

:devil:

:greengrin

RoscoHibby
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I've been saying this for years. If the best team in the world can work themselves stupid for 90 mins, why cant Hibs players? Really? Who the hell do they think they are? If they physically cant do it and are blowing out their erse (i.e nish cutting about wi his hand on his hips) then get them subbed. Lessons for everyone at our club were on show last night.

Might not be as talented, but you can at least try to emulate the attitude and workrate.

ahibby
11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
and for 2 or 3k a week, you wouldn't?

I don't believe for one moment the likes of Rooney is motivated by just money anyway.
They're real determined professionals, who only want to win and will do all they can.

And that is part of the reason why they can demand £150K per week.

matty_f
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I've been saying this for years. If the best team in the world can work themselves stupid for 90 mins, why cant Hibs players? Really? Who the hell do they think they are? If they physically cant do it and are blowing out their erse (i.e nish cutting about wi his hand on his hips) then get them subbed. Lessons for everyone at our club were on show last night.

Might not be as talented, but you can at least try to emulate the attitude and workrate.

:agree: The top teams aren't made out of super-humans. There's no reason why Hibs or any other team cannot be at that level of work-rate and commitment.

United aren't using some exclusive equipment that nobody else can get, they don't have special shoes that make their players more able to run faster or for longer. It all comes down to the standards that are set at the club.

To be fair to Yogi, I think his long term aim is to build a culture at Hibs where a work ethic and professionalism on that sort of scale is the norm. I think he realises that it doesn't happen overnight, though, and we probably will have players at the club who don't want to reach that level.

What Yogi has been saying in his interviews is that over time, these players won't be able to stay at the club. We can only hope that he achieves this.

United dished out a football lesson last night (as Arsenal did the night before) - if any manager didn't use these games as an example to their own players then they should be asking serious questions of themselves.

Septimus
11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
A few weeks ago I was priviledged to watch a second half comeback from Hibs against Aberdeen which made me proud to be a Hibs supporter. The work ethic during that forty five minutes was a joy to behold but quite clearly it was too much for the majority of the players who have appeared lethargic and un-interested since.

Why?

Kato
11-03-2010, 01:15 PM

All Man U's players fight to win the ball and tackle when they are not in possession.

I agree with what you are saying but their players do do these things, it's part of their hunger.

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
All Man U's players fight to win the ball and tackle when they are not in possession.

I agree with what you are saying but their players do do these things, it's part of their hunger.

i think he was referring to the Milan side there.

Seveno
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Well said, i have been banging on about this for months as we seem to think we are to good to track back, apart from the game against Motherwell when we chased them all over the park and even Nish gave them no rest this was a one off.
How they can do this for one game and then revert back to strolling about must be down to the manager, Hughes talks a good game but when it comes to the crunch the players just do their own thing, it's so simple when a team is in your face and not letting you play the ball out of defence you do the same to them but even more so. Is it to much to ask that the players just run about more ? in the modern game players have to play their part all over the pitch but Mr Hughes seems unable to see this and will pay the price if he cannot or will not change our type of play.

Spot on. The game against Motherwell at ER showed what can be achieved by a team that really wants to win and to achieve something.
I have serious doubts about whether enough of our players really want to win or are they just happy making a comfortable living.

Much as I like Yogi, he takes too long to drop players having a bad run. If we have such a good pool of players then we should be seeing the benefits of competition for places. Instead, we get substitutions with 20 minutes to go.

As for Deek, he shouldn't complain about being played out of position. Rooney was played out wide last year to accomodate Ronaldo and it didn't stop him making a fantastic contribution to the team. One brilliant free kick is way below the rate of return we should expect from someone with his ability.

sleeping giant
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
:agree: It's all about anticipating the mistake

Always:agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
To be fair to Yogi, I think his long term aim is to build a culture at Hibs where a work ethic and professionalism on that sort of scale is the norm. I think he realises that it doesn't happen overnight, though, and we probably will have players at the club who don't want to reach that level.

Its a pity some of our fans cant see this.:grr:

RIP
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Wayne Rooney treats his body like a temple.

Hibs strikers treat their bodies like a midden

You get out what you put in

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I personally blame the motivational guru Watt Nicol, what a fat load of good he was!

Kato
11-03-2010, 02:46 PM
i think he was referring to the Milan side there.

OK man, soz

Tollhouse Hibee
11-03-2010, 02:49 PM

i actually meant the milan front 3 plus seedorf when he came on

jgl07
11-03-2010, 02:52 PM

You mean the same person who was pictured on the front page of the Sun shoving a massive burger down his throat?

TonyStokeprano
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Mr.Rooney is no stranger to a regal kingsize

down the slope
11-03-2010, 02:59 PM

My body is a temple-a temple of doom !,
having said that do you think that there is a fitness problem at ER ?, last week for example Fernandez ran his wee fat heart out for an hour even though his knees are gone and he made it difficult for Hogg and co to get the world cup passing game going !!!, all i'm saying is we seem to think we are above doing that and that is one of the reasons we end up getting humped at St Johnstone and the likes when we look like a bunch of chocolate soldiers.
This is not a new issue and it does my heid in to think how good we are when we apply ourselves properly but it is all to few and far between.

hibee4life1983
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Spot on. The game against Motherwell at ER showed what can be achieved by a team that really wants to win and to achieve something.
I have serious doubts about whether enough of our players really want to win or are they just happy making a comfortable living.

Much as I like Yogi, he takes too long to drop players having a bad run. If we have such a good pool of players then we should be seeing the benefits of competition for places. Instead, we get substitutions with 20 minutes to go.

As for Deek, he shouldn't complain about being played out of position. Rooney was played out wide last year to accomodate Ronaldo and it didn't stop him making a fantastic contribution to the team. One brilliant free kick is way below the rate of return we should expect from someone with his ability.

AMAZING!! It only took 5 days for the Deek Bashers to creep out. FYI, Deek has more crosses, assists and shots than any other Hibs player, add to that his goals from a LM position and that tells me he does contribute and is essential, if i went to work as a painter and was told to tile id be pi.ssed off too!!! The guys a striker, and a fu.c.kin good one at that. Get off his back and support him, comparing Hibs to man u is just pure mental fat nade scoring 20 a season thoughts!!

silverhibee
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM

I have never heard Deeks complain about being played out of position under Yogi's management, as for Rooney, best player in the world at this present time, as for last season nobody would have been saying that about him, yes he contributed to the Man Utd team last season but he was not outstanding.
As for the free kick that got us three points last Saturday, it got us just that, as for that game, Deek winning the header that resulted in Benji getting a penalty, a great ball to IM who was never offside when he played in Stokes for his disallowed goal, and to cap it off, back tracking in injury time to break up a killie attack, so imo Deek done more than just score a wonder goal on Saturday,he also worked hard for the team.
Yogi beware, the wannabe managers on Hibs. will soon be after your job.:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Spot on. One brilliant free kick is way below the rate of return we should expect from someone with his ability.

Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?
Career-wise and as alluded to his contribution stats (assists/crosses/shots) are quite shocking. Just scrapes into the top 10 of all time Hibs greats as well :wink:

I think Yogi is getting a better "rate of return" from Deeks in a number of ways.

He's trying to build a team that works for each other. Perhaps Deeks has borne the brunt of this but still come out pretty well although I'm sure he'd love to have put more in the net.

When Deeks hangs up his boots it he won't be telling his grandchildren about his phenominal work rate. He'll be dusting down the DVDs and replaying highlights from the pick of these....

Source: Soccerbase.

Aberdeen 9
Killie 9
Dundee 8
Dunfermline 7
Falkirk 7
Motherwell 7
Hearts 6
Livi 6
Dundee Utd 5
Hamilton 4
ICT 5
Ayr 2
Montrose 2
QOS 2
Rangers 2
St Mirren 2
Alloa 1
Celtic 1
DNIPro 1
Irvine Meadow 1
St Johnstone 1
Hibs Total 88

Cowden 4
Celtic 8
Overall Total 100

steviecarnie
11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Mr.Rooney is no stranger to a regal kingsize

nor are johann cryuff and zinedine zidane. rumour has it so was henrik larsson a heavy smoker.

Peevemor
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM
nor are johann cryuff and zinedine zidane. rumour has it so was henrik larsson a heavy smoker.

I think Socrates beats them all (ie. fags at half time).

Andy74
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Who were all the jokers again that were trying to tell me Boyd was a better finisher than Rooney! :faf:

steviecarnie
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I think Socrates beats them all (ie. fags at half time).

and he's now a doctor :)

Northern Hibby
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM

Did Collins not say a lot about this and try and get the team fitter, we all know what happened then :wink:

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Not surprised this thread is shaping into another " get rid of Deeks and get someone in who can run aboot".

hibee4life1983
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Shocking eh? The boys a genius and his dead ball striking is 2nd to none.

down the slope
11-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Not surprised this thread is shaping into another " get rid of Deeks and get someone in who can run aboot".

Simple, just get Deeks to run aboot,

seanraff07
11-03-2010, 06:45 PM

That could prove difficult, yet we don't need Riordan to run about to be good, look at Nacho Novo, he runs about like a heedless chicken every game and he's pretty pish.:greengrin

Sudds_1
11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
A few weeks ago I was priviledged to watch a second half comeback from Hibs against Aberdeen which made me proud to be a Hibs supporter. The work ethic during that forty five minutes was a joy to behold but quite clearly it was too much for the majority of the players who have appeared lethargic and un-interested since.

Why?

Good question.......one theory?

They play in an sh*t league where expectations are low due to the dominance of the uglies. They don't feel they need to bust a gut to achieve the very top because they're not expected to achieve that. You don;t have to be super fit or at the top of your game to survive in our league - you just have to do enough to achieve top six or better....if you do, well done. If you don't, well no real harm done because the uglies are meant to win everything anyway aren;t they?

Mediocrity is the norm in the SPL, interpersed with some effort when a big game comes along.....so save up your energy for that - and maybe a wee cup run, because that's all you need to do to get pass marks and your wages. And when your surplus to requirements there's always a wee team nearby who'll pay your beer money.

...there's no personal incentive either for the majority in the form of wages or big money transfers. Ours is a largely parochial set up...and teams are too afraid to invest and strike out for bigger glory because the rewards just aint there for them. And that apathy filters down to the players.

"Cosy" is a word that springs to mind when I think of the SPL. 10 team set up doesn't help either!

rant over :wink:

down the slope
11-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Just a wee reminder of what can be done by application and increased fitness levels although it hurts me to mention him......a certain Mr paul Hartley who makes Deeks look like Billy Bunter, box to box there was not a better player in Scotland for a few years. Also Anyone out there remember Henrik Larsson ?, he could do the pressing bit for the cause and score thirty odd goals a season
but hey we are to good to do anything as workmanlike as that.

matty_f
11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Good question.......one theory?

They play in an sh*t league where expectations are low due to the dominance of the uglies. They don't feel they need to bust a gut to achieve the very top because they're not expected to achieve that. You don;t have to be super fit or at the top of your game to survive in our league - you just have to do enough to achieve top six or better....if you do, well done. If you don't, well no real harm done because the uglies are meant to win everything anyway aren;t they?

Mediocrity is the norm in the SPL, interpersed with some effort when a big game comes along.....so save up your energy for that - and maybe a wee cup run, because that's all you need to do to get pass marks and your wages. And when your surplus to requirements there's always a wee team nearby who'll pay your beer money.

...there's no personal incentive either for the majority in the form of wages or big money transfers. Ours is a largely parochial set up...and teams are too afraid to invest and strike out for bigger glory because the rewards just aint there for them. And that apathy filters down to the players.

"Cosy" is a word that springs to mind when I think of the SPL. 10 team set up doesn't help either!

rant over :wink:

Nail on the head, IMHO.

You don't even have to be that great to get a move to the OF, and with it enjoy a great chance of finishing your career with a lot of European experience and no shortage of medals.

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Just a wee reminder of what can be done by application and increased fitness levels although it hurts me to mention him......a certain Mr paul Hartley who makes Deeks look like Billy Bunter, box to box there was not a better player in Scotland for a few years. Also Anyone out there remember Henrik Larsson ?, he could do the pressing bit for the cause and score thirty odd goals a season
but hey we are to good to do anything as workmanlike as that.

Of course , if Deeks was to run aboot like a mad man , close down defenders and run box to box , as well as score 20 goals a season , he would not be playing for the Hibs.

down the slope
11-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Of course , if Deeks was to run aboot like a mad man , close down defenders and run box to box , as well as score 20 goals a season , he would not be playing for the Hibs.

Jesus wept, i only ask that he runs !. So difficult i know for our players.

18Craig75
11-03-2010, 11:14 PM

Did you miss Derek sprinting two thirds of the pitch to make a vital interception on the edge of our 18 yard box last week? Just after he cracked in a 30 yard free kick, that 95% of SPL players could only dream of hitting, incidentally.

Hibby Bairn
11-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?
Career-wise and as alluded to his contribution stats (assists/crosses/shots) are quite shocking. Just scrapes into the top 10 of all time Hibs greats as well :wink:

I think Yogi is getting a better "rate of return" from Deeks in a number of ways.

He's trying to build a team that works for each other. Perhaps Deeks has borne the brunt of this but still come out pretty well although I'm sure he'd love to have put more in the net.

When Deeks hangs up his boots it he won't be telling his grandchildren about his phenominal work rate. He'll be dusting down the DVDs and replaying highlights from the pick of these....

Source: Soccerbase.

Aberdeen 9
Killie 9
Dundee 8
Dunfermline 7
Falkirk 7
Motherwell 7
Hearts 6
Livi 6
Dundee Utd 5
Hamilton 4
ICT 5
Ayr 2
Montrose 2
QOS 2
Rangers 2
St Mirren 2
Alloa 1
Celtic 1
DNIPro 1
Irvine Meadow 1
St Johnstone 1
Hibs Total 88

Cowden 4
Celtic 8
Overall Total 100

Ahh but could these DVD's also have included footage of goals v Liverpool, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich or just St Johnstone, Irvine Meadow, St Mirren and Dunfermline?

IMO not really gripping viewing after 15 minutes for the grandkids on the current prospective content. Does he and Stokes, Miller, Wotherspoon, Boyd, Brown, Naismith, Fletcher, Whittaker, McGeady etc. want to appear on more attractive DVD's or happy on the 2 for 99p shelf?

Hainan Hibs
11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

Posters on here would gladly bend over and take one from Riordan all day long, they will put down their handbags and mascara for some serious posts if there is even the slightest whiff of criticism of Riordan.

:greengrin:devil:

RIP
12-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Did Collins not say a lot about this and try and get the team fitter, we all know what happened then :wink:

Don't think that was the problem though was it?

Hogg, Whitty, Broon, Jones, Thomson, Murphy et al were all committed athletes before Collins came along.

The gossip that surfaced at the time appeared to have little to do with fitness IIRC

down the slope
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
This is not an anti-Deeks rant, it's about everyone who plays for us to try to grasp the modern game and part of that is playing the pressing game like it or not, regardless of a players skill level there should be a basic requirement that you can work all over the park for the team. It seems that some posters on here still think that a forward is only a forward etc and that is all they should concentrate on, well the world has moved on a tad since the days of inside forwards and half backs with defenders only doing the defending. On the odd occasion when we have played the pressing game at home it seems to lift the crowd and a better atmosphere is created-in simple terms the crowd love to see a team of triers.
Just a wee reminder for everyone who thinks we are to good to play the modern game do you know we have never won at Inverness ?, for a team of our size to admit to that just sums it up for me when we come up against a team who roll up the sleeves, beware on Saturday.

Tollhouse Hibee
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM

and deliver a decent corner for the first time in weeks. This thread was not started to have a go at deeks or anyone else solely. its about trying to make sure we dont carry passengers and work hard to achieve third place and the holy grail

Seveno
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
It comes down to what the players want to achieve and what we want to see.

If we all want winners then all the players have to play to their best. That means working as hard as they can as well as displaying their undoubted talents.

The Motherwell match demonstrated how good we can be, hounding down the opposition, winning every 50/50 ball and playing really good football. I would love to see that every week at ER. It would also mean that we would be winning trophies.

Oh, and by the way, Deek was brilliant that day.

down the slope
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
It comes down to what the players want to achieve and what we want to see.

If we all want winners then all the players have to play to their best. That means working as hard as they can as well as displaying their undoubted talents.

The Motherwell match demonstrated how good we can be, hounding down the opposition, winning every 50/50 ball and playing really good football. I would love to see that every week at ER. It would also mean that we would be winning trophies.

Oh, and by the way, Deek was brilliant that day.

Exactly, i thought after that game that the penny had dropped and i felt that playing like that we were a match for anybody but what happened ?, maybe it's bad management if the players are allowed to slip back to the levels we are seeing now.

Phil D. Rolls
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
If we could play like Rooney, do you think we'd still be at Hibs?

Mr Nish, Mr Stokes, Mr Riordan

Part/Time Supporter
12-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Yogi reading .net again?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/163209-manchester-united-inspire-hughes-hibs/

:fishin:

down the slope
12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
If we could play like Rooney, do you think we'd still be at Hibs?

Mr Nish, Mr Stokes, Mr Riordan

Would it not be a good thing if our players could raise themselves to a better level by whatever means ?, the sky's the limit if you apply fitness levels to skills they already have.

matty_f
12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Yogi reading .net again?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/163209-manchester-united-inspire-hughes-hibs/

:fishin:

:greengrin

Cracking interview, yet again from Yogi.:agree: